J
Joefishhunter Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
I just found this. I thought i would share it

IMPORTNAT EVENT INFORMATION
NORTH TEXAS DIVISION
The event at Ray Hubbard on 02/10/2018 has been moved to Texoma on 02/10/2018 at Highport Marina.

This was due to a over booking, out of our control at the other lake. With short notice of this we had few options on places to move the event to. Sorry for any inconvenience this might cause. It is harder to move events and get permits on our end then you might think. We really dont like to move events, but we had no other options on this event. Please get the word out to all your teams.

Thank you for understanding,
Matt Tolnay

I never lie. I just never tell the whole truth lol
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD [Re: Ty Burns] #12568174 01/08/18 02:09 AM
M
manhunter Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
They need to dredge the north end before running more power lines. Then again, the lake is owned by the city of Dallas and spending 500k on removing a statue no one cares about is more important. Priorities....

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD [Re: BThomas] #12568214 01/08/18 02:39 AM
T
TDR2 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: BThomas
Originally Posted By: TdRoss
Construction?

yippeee, more stuff for you to run into or over. grin

barf

P1
Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD [Re: Tracker Tim] #12568216 01/08/18 02:40 AM
T
TDR2 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Tracker Tim
Originally Posted By: jackwabbit
Yeah they are running new power lines

In preparation for the bridge.

What bridge? How am I missing all this stuff?!

P1
Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD [Re: TDR2] #12568244 01/08/18 02:54 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: TdRoss
Originally Posted By: Tracker Tim
Originally Posted By: jackwabbit
Yeah they are running new power lines

In preparation for the bridge.

What bridge? How am I missing all this stuff?!

Wasn't any mention of a bridge in the announcement, just running new power lines.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD [Re: Ty Burns] #12568386 01/08/18 05:47 AM
burner42 Offline
Angler
Angler
I was back there 2 weeks ago. It's low, first off I barely clipped a couple stumps just past the power line entry on plane with my hydraulic jack plate all the way up, second you better hit your line into the mouth or your getting stuck. The big widow maker stump is 6" out of the water. This is in a Ranger Z520, smaller boats may be a little better off.
Be careful!

Last edited by burner42; 01/08/18 05:48 AM.

2021 Phoenix 921 Elite
PB - Large Mouth Bass - 9.14

[Linked Image]

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD [Re: Ty Burns] #12568488 01/08/18 12:41 PM
T
Tracker Tim Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T

http://www.nctcog.org/trans/thoroughfare/documents/LavonPresentation11.07.2017.pdf

(ROCKWALL, TX September 27, 2017) The construction of a new bridge over Lake Ray Hubbard has been listed as a possible project in east-west transportation plans that are being studied by the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) as part of the countys 2045 thoroughfare plan.
Jeff Neal, program manager for NCTCOG, revealed the plans during a Sept. 20 meeting of the Rockwall County Planning Consortiuma group composed of county officials and representatives of every city in Rockwall County.
Specifically, a preliminary option calls for extending Renner Road across Lake Ray Hubbard and connecting to John King Boulevard. Based on preliminary plans, Neal said, the extension would be a four-lane thoroughfare.
I am pleased to have Jeff Neal and the council of governments bring this issue to the table, said Rockwall County Commissioner David Magness, chairman of the planning consortium. Placing this route in the 2045 thoroughfare plan will allow both COG and TxDOT (Texas Department of Transportation) to do a detailed study of the route.
Generally, what is good for the region is good for Rockwall County. We all know that transportation improvements are great drivers of our economy, but they also improve our quality of life. Both of those are important to Rockwall County.
County Judge David Sweet agreed that whats good for the region is good for Rockwall County. He also pointed to the importance of the planning consortium, saying that Rockwall County cities are united when there are issueslike transportation needs, for exampleand they all work effectively with COG and TxDOT in planning for the future and implementing those plans.
During an earlier meeting, Neal talked about major north-south projects identified in the Collin County Strategic Roadway Plan. That project, he said, made planners understand that they should also be looking at east-west projects.
As north-south facilities are improved, he said, an increased number of motorists will be using east-west facilities to reach the new or improved north-south roadways.
So, as a result of that need, we knew that we needed to do something major in the east-west direction, Neal said.
Neal said Plano Parkway, Farm to Market 544 and State Highway 78 are not interrupted in the north and south directions. But looking at the area between U.S Highway 75 and State Highway 205, youve got a very large east-west gap in facilities that travel that entire distance.
He went into detail to describe the route motorists must take to travel from U.S. 75 to State Highway 205.
You have to go all the way south to Forest Lane, Lakeside Parkway, State Highway 66 to be able to find that next corridor that travels all the way from 75 to 205, he said. And, you have all these major facilitiesRenner Road, Campbell Road, Arapaho Road, Beltline Road. Centennialall these facilities that dont make it the entire distance. In fact, you can see many dont make it as far east as Highway 78.
Neal said this is a reason there is a large amount of cut-through traffic in neighborhoods and an enormous volume of traffic on FM 544, State Highway 66 and Interstate 30. Most of this traffic, he said, involves motorists who are trying to get between Plano, Richardson, Garland and Rockwall County.
And so, we think its important to address this east-west connectivity, he said.
Neal then talked about the importance of the Renner Road connection.
The wonderful thing about this connection is, think about how 78 comes from the north, goes between the lakes (Lake Ray Hubbard and Lake Lavon) and heads west, he said. Then, think about John King (Boulevard) becoming the main route for 205, comes up from the south and east. When you take both of those facilities across the lake, its like a funnel, if you will, transporting people into the main activities in Plano.

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD [Re: Ty Burns] #12568502 01/08/18 01:02 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Here's the announcement provided by TFF regarding north Lake Ray Hubbard construction. No mention of a bridge.

Safety Notice for Northern Lake Ray Hubbard

Boaters in and around the East Fork River arm of Lake Ray Hubbard are urged to take extra caution day and night from January to June 2018 as a two-mile, east-to-west transmission line is under construction in that area of the lake.

Activities will occur seven (7) days a week, including some work at night. Heavy construction equipment may be moved on the lake by barge or boat.

Construction includes installing new foundations, setting steel structures, stringing new conductors, and removing old infrastructure.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide