Texas Fishing Forum

LAKE RAY HUBBARD

Posted By: Ty Burns

LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/04/18 08:04 PM

I'm a volunteer captain for Paradise High School bass team and we fish Ray Hubbard next month.
I have never been on the lake, and will not be able to prefish it either.
I'm looking for a few pointers, like north end or south end, marinas or beat the bank, anything will help.
Looking on google maps it looks like there are a lot of retaining walls and bridges.
Thanks for any help.
Posted By: MV

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/04/18 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Ty Burns
I'm a volunteer captain for Paradise High School bass team and we fish Ray Hubbard next month.
I have never been on the lake, and will not be able to prefish it either.
I'm looking for a few pointers, like north end or south end, marinas or beat the bank, anything will help.
Looking on google maps it looks like there are a lot of retaining walls and bridges.
Thanks for any help.

and dam . depends which way the wind going to blow that day
Posted By: Fishn4Deer(PatrickSharp)

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/04/18 08:09 PM

fish are all over the lake but your best luck on a good one is the 30rocks.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/04/18 08:25 PM

Why would you leave paradise, I've been trying to find it my whole life. Seriously, RH is not my favorite but some big sacks are very possible and the rocks seem to be the place and there are lots of them. I30, hwy. 66, railroad bridge, the dam, both sides of long point by the power plant and the marina's. Doubt you will get specifics but maybe some of guys with LRH bass club will pitch in. The river is out of bounds because of construction. Good luck.
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/05/18 12:57 AM

I saw the warning about the construction but I didn't know the area was blocked off completely. You can't get to the river at all now?

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/05/18 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: EastTexasBassin
I saw the warning about the construction but I didn't know the area was blocked off completely. You can't get to the river at all now?

Not blocked off but I submitted out of bounds because I didn't think it wise to try and navigate all the construction, hard enough to get there without those obstacles especially for newbies.
Posted By: tx_basser

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/05/18 02:19 AM

Riprap, Marinas, or River
Posted By: jackwabbit

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/05/18 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Not blocked off but I submitted out of bounds because I didn't think it wise to try and navigate all the construction, hard enough to get there without those obstacles especially for newbies.

Gonna make a lot of these guys unhappy lol. The river is easy to get in regardless of construction.
Posted By: TDR2

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/05/18 06:04 AM

Construction?

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/05/18 06:09 AM

Yeah they are running new power lines

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/05/18 12:33 PM

Originally Posted By: jackwabbit
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Gonna make a lot of these guys unhappy lol. The river is easy to get in regardless of construction.

These are high school kids and the guy said they have never been on the lake so probably not a good idea. I've been there many times and depending on the water level can be treacherous.
Posted By: Ty Burns

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/05/18 09:10 PM

Thanks everybody, I appreciate the information.
GIG'EM AGGIES you are correct I have never been on the lake so I will stay away from the power line construction.
Looks like there is plenty of water to fish from I-30 and south.

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/06/18 01:14 AM

Looks like it’s been moved to texhoma now.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/06/18 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: TdRoss
Construction?

yippeee, more stuff for you to run into or over. grin
Posted By: Tracker Tim

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/06/18 01:51 AM

In preparation for the bridge.
Posted By: Joefishhunter

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/06/18 01:58 AM

I just found this. I thought i would share it

IMPORTNAT EVENT INFORMATION
NORTH TEXAS DIVISION
The event at Ray Hubbard on 02/10/2018 has been moved to Texoma on 02/10/2018 at Highport Marina.

This was due to a over booking, out of our control at the other lake. With short notice of this we had few options on places to move the event to. Sorry for any inconvenience this might cause. It is harder to move events and get permits on our end then you might think. We really don’t like to move events, but we had no other options on this event. Please get the word out to all your teams.

Thank you for understanding,
Matt Tolnay
Posted By: manhunter

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/08/18 02:09 AM

They need to dredge the north end before running more power lines. Then again, the lake is owned by the city of Dallas and spending 500k on removing a statue no one cares about is more important. Priorities....

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/08/18 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By: BThomas
Construction?

yippeee, more stuff for you to run into or over. grin

barf

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/08/18 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Tracker Tim

What bridge? How am I missing all this stuff?!

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/08/18 02:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Tracker Tim

What bridge? How am I missing all this stuff?!

Wasn't any mention of a bridge in the announcement, just running new power lines.
Posted By: burner42

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/08/18 05:47 AM

I was back there 2 weeks ago. It's low, first off I barely clipped a couple stumps just past the power line entry on plane with my hydraulic jack plate all the way up, second you better hit your line into the mouth or your getting stuck. The big widow maker stump is 6" out of the water. This is in a Ranger Z520, smaller boats may be a little better off.
Be careful!
Posted By: Tracker Tim

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/08/18 12:41 PM

http://www.nctcog.org/trans/thoroughfare/documents/LavonPresentation11.07.2017.pdf

(ROCKWALL, TX — September 27, 2017) The construction of a new bridge over Lake Ray Hubbard has been listed as a possible project in east-west transportation plans that are being studied by the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) as part of the county’s 2045 thoroughfare plan.
Jeff Neal, program manager for NCTCOG, revealed the plans during a Sept. 20 meeting of the Rockwall County Planning Consortium—a group composed of county officials and representatives of every city in Rockwall County.
Specifically, a preliminary option calls for extending Renner Road across Lake Ray Hubbard and connecting to John King Boulevard. Based on preliminary plans, Neal said, the extension would be a four-lane thoroughfare.
“I am pleased to have Jeff Neal and the council of governments bring this issue to the table,” said Rockwall County Commissioner David Magness, chairman of the planning consortium. “Placing this route in the 2045 thoroughfare plan will allow both COG and TxDOT (Texas Department of Transportation) to do a detailed study of the route.
“Generally, what is good for the region is good for Rockwall County. We all know that transportation improvements are great drivers of our economy, but they also improve our quality of life. Both of those are important to Rockwall County.”
County Judge David Sweet agreed that what’s good for the region is good for Rockwall County. He also pointed to the importance of the planning consortium, saying that Rockwall County cities are united when there are issues—like transportation needs, for example—and they all work effectively with COG and TxDOT in planning for the future and implementing those plans.
During an earlier meeting, Neal talked about major north-south projects identified in the Collin County Strategic Roadway Plan. That project, he said, made planners understand that they should also be looking at east-west projects.
As north-south facilities are improved, he said, an increased number of motorists will be using east-west facilities to reach the new or improved north-south roadways.
“So, as a result of that need, we knew that we needed to do something major in the east-west direction,” Neal said.
Neal said Plano Parkway, Farm to Market 544 and State Highway 78 are not interrupted in the north and south directions. But looking at the area between U.S Highway 75 and State Highway 205, “you’ve got a very large east-west gap in facilities that travel that entire distance.”
He went into detail to describe the route motorists must take to travel from U.S. 75 to State Highway 205.
“You have to go all the way south to Forest Lane, Lakeside Parkway, State Highway 66 to be able to find that next corridor that travels all the way from 75 to 205,” he said. “And, you have all these major facilities—Renner Road, Campbell Road, Arapaho Road, Beltline Road. Centennial—all these facilities that don’t make it the entire distance. In fact, you can see many don’t make it as far east as Highway 78.”
Neal said this is a reason there is a large amount of cut-through traffic in neighborhoods and an “enormous” volume of traffic on FM 544, State Highway 66 and Interstate 30. Most of this traffic, he said, involves motorists who are trying to get between Plano, Richardson, Garland and Rockwall County.
“And so, we think it’s important to address this east-west connectivity,” he said.
Neal then talked about the importance of the Renner Road connection.
“The wonderful thing about this connection is, think about how 78 comes from the north, goes between the lakes (Lake Ray Hubbard and Lake Lavon) and heads west,” he said. “Then, think about John King (Boulevard) becoming the main route for 205, comes up from the south and east. When you take both of those facilities across the lake, it’s like a funnel, if you will, transporting people into the main activities in Plano.”

Re: LAKE RAY HUBBARD - 01/08/18 01:02 PM

Here's the announcement provided by TFF regarding north Lake Ray Hubbard construction. No mention of a bridge.

Safety Notice for Northern Lake Ray Hubbard

Boaters in and around the East Fork River arm of Lake Ray Hubbard are urged to take extra caution day and night from January to June 2018 as a two-mile, east-to-west transmission line is under construction in that area of the lake.

Activities will occur seven (7) days a week, including some work at night. Heavy construction equipment may be moved on the lake by barge or boat.

Construction includes installing new foundations, setting steel structures, stringing new conductors, and removing old infrastructure.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum