Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE [Re: Captain Chunk] #12475691 10/23/17 03:00 PM
P
PaPa@fork Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
P
Originally Posted By: Captain Chunk
See it all the time on Fork. One of these days there is going to be something catastrophic happen.

Its just a matter of time and then some family member will find a lawyer and get you for wrongful death.
And then you will be trying to prove that it was his fault.

If it was easy, everyone would do it
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE [Re: Dwhitt] #12476588 10/24/17 02:55 AM
S
skeeter james Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
I had someone do that to me on Caddo years ago. He was in the channel and I went way out through the lily pads to get around and he goes nuts... I had my young cousin with me and he started getting scared. I told him not to worry and he said why. I opened my tackle box and my 357 was there. I said, if they come after us I'll shoot their motor and then they won't go anywhere....
in the end, it was a buddy of mine in a boat I didn't recognize and they were just screwing with us...

Formerly known as progator james
2013 Skeeter FX21 with a 250 SHO... Love this boat!!

James Moore
214-458-8024
Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE [Re: Dwhitt] #12476602 10/24/17 03:11 AM
D
dk2429 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
2 similar experiences down here in the saltwater..

I was hauling about 55-60mph down the Intercoastal Waterway.. There a boat anchored LITERALLY in the middle of the channel fishing.. I didn't slow down a bit, and haul [censored] right by him... He gave me the classic middle finger.. I didn't stop, just kept going and laughing on how stupid he was...

Another time, I was in a shallow channel going through a cut into the ICW. There was this dude fishing I'd say probably 10-15ft from that little channel. Again, I kept speed. I saw him raise his arms up, so I shut down and shut the motor off... Heard his bitching and yapping, simply told him he's in the middle of the channel, and he continued bitching.. Just fired up the Optimax and got her up on pad right there...

Don't understand people.......

Majek 22 Extreme/225 Optimax Pro XS hauled by a 2500HD Duramax

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE [Re: Dwhitt] #12476609 10/24/17 03:17 AM
T
toddfish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
They're on every lake. A buddy and I were fishing a point on Conroe a couple weeks ago when a guy came burning down the bank, trolling motor on high and coming between us and the point. We weren't happy about it but just chalked it up to ignorance and bit our tongues. We got the last laugh though, when he hadn't got but about 40 yards away and we were laughing loud enough for him to turn around and see me releasing a 3 lber he ran right by. I only wish it would've been a 6 lber instead, but good enough!

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE [Re: Captain Chunk] #12476611 10/24/17 03:18 AM
R
Rog Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
See it all the time on Fork. One of these days there is going to be something catastrophic happen.

So its illegal to fish in or near a marked boat lane? Also, just because it is marked with a bouy one can run wot a 100ft or closer from a boat fishing in the lane? Just trying to clarify your statement....... I fear you are correct about the catastrophe in the making but it will not be the guy who is fishing fault. Also do not condone the actions the op stated the fisherman exhibited cause if your going to fish the lane you will have a bunch of boats coming through. But some guys need to slow down at Fork if someone is fishing in or near the lane. Btw there are some giants out on the lanes that everyone blowing by is missing and it seems the boat traffic gets em going when they are feeding.

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE [Re: Dwhitt] #12476635 10/24/17 03:55 AM
H
Hog Jaw Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
H
Was on the trolling motor going into the mouth of Squaw Creek , Boat is anchored in middle cat fishing and tight lining . I asked him if I could go around him he just looked @ me , asked him again very polite no answer , so just went on around , he mumbled some thing . Idiots are every where , just add water .

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE [Re: Rog] #12476656 10/24/17 04:37 AM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Rog

So its illegal to fish in or near a marked boat lane? Also, just because it is marked with a bouy one can run wot a 100ft or closer from a boat fishing in the lane? Just trying to clarify your statement....... I fear you are correct about the catastrophe in the making but it will not be the guy who is fishing fault. Also do not condone the actions the op stated the fisherman exhibited cause if your going to fish the lane you will have a bunch of boats coming through. But some guys need to slow down at Fork if someone is fishing in or near the lane. Btw there are some giants out on the lanes that everyone blowing by is missing and it seems the boat traffic gets em going when they are feeding.

I have often wondered about who would be at fault. I often think what would happen if you stop in the fast lane on a interstate. You would be at fault for stoping and causing people who have the legal right to run there. I think stoping and fishing in a boat lane would be like that if its marked for people to run in like lake fork. this is just my opinion but would like to hear what a game warden would say and who he would give the ticket to. interesting subject.

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE [Re: 921 Phoenix] #12476811 10/24/17 01:11 PM
C
Can't fish Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix

I have often wondered about who would be at fault. I often think what would happen if you stop in the fast lane on a interstate. You would be at fault for stoping and causing people who have the legal right to run there. I think stoping and fishing in a boat lane would be like that if its marked for people to run in like lake fork. this is just my opinion but would like to hear what a game warden would say and who he would give the ticket to. interesting subject.

Stopping in a boat lane is inconsiderate and not very smart but a person doing so is not in the wrong.
Boat lanes are not a highway. They are simply marked safe water.

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE [Re: 921 Phoenix] #12476821 10/24/17 01:19 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T

I believe that you must yield to the lower powered vessel - which would be the guy on the trolling motor or anchored.

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE [Re: Dwhitt] #12477140 10/24/17 04:46 PM
C
Cass Caldwell Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
I fish a lot of lakes in Louisiana and Texas. I've never seen a lake with worse fishing etiquette than LOP. If someone sees a bent pole, they will be right up beside you quick. This spring, I was fishing a tournament. I was cranking a point catching them really good on a sweet spot. Don't think I've ever caught as many off one spot in my life. I see these guys coming down the bank line flipping the bushes. As they are coming down the bank line they see me catch 4 or 5 on a crank. They pick up a crank and keep coming toward me. I think to myself they are going to turn around or go around me. They don't and start casting to the EXACT same sweet spot where I'm casting to. I mean our lures were landing in the same spot. After about 2 casts of them doing that I couldn't take it anymore. I said "hey do y'all just want to get in my boat with me?". They turned around and went back down the bank. First time I've ever had to say something to someone on the water.

Seems like there is an occurrence every time I'm out there. Not bad as what I mentioned above but something.

Last edited by Cass Caldwell; 10/24/17 06:27 PM.

Owner, ShredFin Fishing Co.
Veteran Owned

[Linked Image]
Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE [Re: 921 Phoenix] #12477967 10/25/17 04:32 AM
R
Rog Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R

So here is another scenario. I have the boat lane chip and the lane runs right across the hump your fishing and I dont slow down as I run a 100 ft off your bow. What do you do and whats the difference? Not marked with a bouy but is marked on a chip and a known safe run...... to me its all about consideration and being safe and prudent. Takes less than a minute to come off plane, safely pass and then get back on it. AND its the legal thing to do.....

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE [Re: Dwhitt] #12477985 10/25/17 06:04 AM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
some ppl are just born stupid, and Darwin missed them. that's the only excuse I can come up with. I work in an ER, so I see a little more of the result of stupid decisions. Fishing in a boat lane, with lines out, and yelling at people with the right of way.... is pretty damn stupid. Darwin must have missed him. i feel sorry for his kid.

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE [Re: Dwhitt] #12478135 10/25/17 01:35 PM
C
coachallentca Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
C
It is like the people who have a yield sign but never yield as your coming off the highway and then they get mad at you.

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE [Re: Dwhitt] #12478298 10/25/17 03:25 PM
M
McLovin’ Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
Just got done fishing a tournament on Lake O Pines and folks fishing right by the lane poles???
Couldn't back off because boats running behind you and couldn't go around because those lanes are tight...just got some odd looks like we were being rude by running on plane....in the boat lane, LOL

"if you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough"...

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE [Re: Dwhitt] #12478696 10/25/17 08:45 PM
K
Kevlee Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
I often fish LOP and fish the boat lanes above 155 bridge, I do my best to stay where boats can pass on plain and often wave them by when they start shutting down near me.

If you look close at the picture you can see where I'm at.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide