Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing in the BOAT LANE

Posted By: Dwhitt

Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/22/17 05:47 PM

So yesterday I decide to take my son to do a little pleasure fishing on Lake of The Pines . We were going to fish the upper end of Pines. As any of you who fish up there know it's very shallow up there We put in at the Line Star ramp Head straight across to follow the creek channel up We havnt gone 200 yards and we approach another boat that was Catfishing in the creek As we start to idle by them [ a dad and what looked to be a 16-17 year old boy ] The dad starts hollaring at us Couldn't make out what he was saying so killed the boat to hear him telling me his lines are in that channel and we had the whole @&€% lake to go around My temperature blew up but I kept cool and mentioned I wasn't in a air boat and couldn't slide over the sandbars Then he challenges me to come on come on I got something for you Now having my son with me I decided to take the higher road andvtell him he had the whole &@%# lake but chose to fish in the boat lane Now what kind of person is stupid enough to fish in the boat lane and challenge someone to a fight with not only my kid in the boat but he had his kid to There was a couple other boats up there he did the same thing to This guy was lucky our kids were present Cause any other day of the week we woulda got more than he was wanting He wouldn't be challenging anymore boaters Just keep in mind when fishing a boat lane that there's a reason it's called a boat lane not a fishing lane Thanks !!!
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/22/17 05:51 PM

He's an idiot, bottom line, and I hope he's reading this.

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/22/17 06:24 PM

Yes I agree Some people have no sense What if I had been an off duty policeman Heck what if I had been just a crazy don't give a [censored] guy and pulled over there and stomped him in front of his kid Would he still been cocky or would he be playing "the victim" ????
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/22/17 06:51 PM

If there's water there are going to be idiots there. I was fishing a cove a few weeks ago and probably 25 yards off the bank when an idiot in a pontoon boat came flying in front of me. I was real temped to cast a rattle trap around his neck. He had all kinds of room to go behind me and certainly not shallow, no reason to do what he did. I'm just not ready to spend time in jail over a stupid boater!
Posted By: Stikslinger

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/22/17 06:53 PM

You did the right thing. People like that do not think or reason like most men. No matter what you say or show them their brain will not allow it to register. The problem with such stupidity is that they will react most times in a way that is extreme. He might have had a gun and we all know that never ends well. The older I get the more I come to realize that Forest Gump is a genius "Stupid is as stupid does". Your number one responsible is to teach your son the right thing to do and he will remember how you handled this.
Posted By: greenen

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/22/17 08:54 PM

I had a jet-skier "protecting" a cove yesterday. I came in 300 yards from him on the other side of the tributary he was parked on the bank on and when I started fishing he cranked up and cut me off from the bank I was fishing after moving to the other side of the creek and cutting off and just sitting there. I fished up the bank and then moved to another cut and watched him do it to another person well away from where he did it to me. I caught 2 while he was watching and left.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/22/17 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: greenen
I had a jet-skier "protecting" a cove yesterday. I came in 300 yards from him on the other side of the tributary he was parked on the bank on and when I started fishing he cranked up and cut me off from the bank I was fishing after moving to the other side of the creek and cutting off and just sitting there. I fished up the bank and then moved to another cut and watched him do it to another person well away from where he did it to me. I caught 2 while he was watching and left.

That's not stupid that's harassment. Call a game warden in that case, it's breaking the law.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/22/17 09:10 PM

sorry that happened to you especially with your son being with you but it sounds like you handled it the best way you could have for the way he was acting but remember most folks carry a gun in the boat with them these days and if you had gone over there to teach him a thing or two you may be in heaven at this time because he sounds like enough of a moron to actually shoot someone over a stupid thing like this i doubt he ever reads tff if he is just a dumb ole catfisherman but you never know it never hurts to post something just in case he happens to get a clue and jump on the interweb thingy to waste sometime i wish you would learn to use punctuation because it would make your post so much easier to read anyways glad you are okay and nobody got hurt

Sorry I couldn't resist. You type like my teenagers text.

thumb wink roflmao
Posted By: TinRangerJim

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/22/17 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob Landry
He's an idiot, bottom line, and I hope he's reading this.

You're assuming he knows how to read...
Posted By: PaPa@fork

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/22/17 11:45 PM

You can’t fix stupid, sometimes you just say that too yourself and go on, you did the right thing.
Posted By: Devil Horse

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/23/17 12:04 AM

just another example of the complete morons in todays life.
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/23/17 01:09 AM

See it all the time on Fork. One of these days there is going to be something catastrophic happen.
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/23/17 01:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Captain Chunk
See it all the time on Fork. One of these days there is going to be something catastrophic happen.

A man ran over and killed a man on fork over a fishing spot this past may.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/23/17 01:52 AM

It's been a while since there has been a LOP boat lane thread
Posted By: stratos caster

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/23/17 07:14 AM

I think I've met that guy on LOP he was fishing off the boat lane and he gave me the one finger wave when I went by.

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/23/17 03:00 PM

It’s just a matter of time and then some family member will find a lawyer and get you for wrongful death.
And then you will be trying to prove that it was his fault.
Posted By: skeeter james

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/24/17 02:55 AM

I had someone do that to me on Caddo years ago. He was in the channel and I went way out through the lily pads to get around and he goes nuts... I had my young cousin with me and he started getting scared. I told him not to worry and he said why. I opened my tackle box and my 357 was there. I said, if they come after us I'll shoot their motor and then they won't go anywhere....
in the end, it was a buddy of mine in a boat I didn't recognize and they were just screwing with us...
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/24/17 03:11 AM

2 similar experiences down here in the saltwater..

I was hauling about 55-60mph down the Intercoastal Waterway.. There a boat anchored LITERALLY in the middle of the channel fishing.. I didn't slow down a bit, and haul [censored] right by him... He gave me the classic middle finger.. I didn't stop, just kept going and laughing on how stupid he was...

Another time, I was in a shallow channel going through a cut into the ICW. There was this dude fishing I'd say probably 10-15ft from that little channel. Again, I kept speed. I saw him raise his arms up, so I shut down and shut the motor off... Heard his bitching and yapping, simply told him he's in the middle of the channel, and he continued bitching.. Just fired up the Optimax and got her up on pad right there...

Don't understand people.......
Posted By: toddfish

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/24/17 03:17 AM

They're on every lake. A buddy and I were fishing a point on Conroe a couple weeks ago when a guy came burning down the bank, trolling motor on high and coming between us and the point. We weren't happy about it but just chalked it up to ignorance and bit our tongues. We got the last laugh though, when he hadn't got but about 40 yards away and we were laughing loud enough for him to turn around and see me releasing a 3 lber he ran right by. I only wish it would've been a 6 lber instead, but good enough!
Posted By: Rog

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/24/17 03:18 AM

So it’s illegal to fish in or near a marked boat lane? Also, just because it is marked with a bouy one can run wot a 100ft or closer from a boat fishing in the lane? Just trying to clarify your statement....... I fear you are correct about the catastrophe in the making but it will not be the guy who is fishing fault. Also do not condone the actions the op stated the fisherman exhibited cause if your going to fish the lane you will have a bunch of boats coming through. But some guys need to slow down at Fork if someone is fishing in or near the lane. Btw there are some giants out on the lanes that everyone blowing by is missing and it seems the boat traffic gets em going when they are feeding.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/24/17 03:55 AM

Was on the trolling motor going into the mouth of Squaw Creek , Boat is anchored in middle cat fishing and tight lining . I asked him if I could go around him he just looked @ me , asked him again very polite no answer , so just went on around , he mumbled some thing . Idiots are every where , just add water .
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/24/17 04:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Rog

So it’s illegal to fish in or near a marked boat lane? Also, just because it is marked with a bouy one can run wot a 100ft or closer from a boat fishing in the lane? Just trying to clarify your statement....... I fear you are correct about the catastrophe in the making but it will not be the guy who is fishing fault. Also do not condone the actions the op stated the fisherman exhibited cause if your going to fish the lane you will have a bunch of boats coming through. But some guys need to slow down at Fork if someone is fishing in or near the lane. Btw there are some giants out on the lanes that everyone blowing by is missing and it seems the boat traffic gets em going when they are feeding.

I have often wondered about who would be at fault. I often think what would happen if you stop in the fast lane on a interstate. You would be at fault for stoping and causing people who have the legal right to run there. I think stoping and fishing in a boat lane would be like that if its marked for people to run in like lake fork. this is just my opinion but would like to hear what a game warden would say and who he would give the ticket to. interesting subject.
Posted By: Can't fish

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/24/17 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix

I have often wondered about who would be at fault. I often think what would happen if you stop in the fast lane on a interstate. You would be at fault for stoping and causing people who have the legal right to run there. I think stoping and fishing in a boat lane would be like that if its marked for people to run in like lake fork. this is just my opinion but would like to hear what a game warden would say and who he would give the ticket to. interesting subject.

Stopping in a boat lane is inconsiderate and not very smart but a person doing so is not in the wrong.
Boat lanes are not a highway. They are simply marked safe water.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/24/17 01:19 PM

I believe that you must yield to the lower powered vessel - which would be the guy on the trolling motor or anchored.
Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/24/17 04:46 PM

I fish a lot of lakes in Louisiana and Texas. I've never seen a lake with worse fishing etiquette than LOP. If someone sees a bent pole, they will be right up beside you quick. This spring, I was fishing a tournament. I was cranking a point catching them really good on a sweet spot. Don't think I've ever caught as many off one spot in my life. I see these guys coming down the bank line flipping the bushes. As they are coming down the bank line they see me catch 4 or 5 on a crank. They pick up a crank and keep coming toward me. I think to myself they are going to turn around or go around me. They don't and start casting to the EXACT same sweet spot where I'm casting to. I mean our lures were landing in the same spot. After about 2 casts of them doing that I couldn't take it anymore. I said "hey do y'all just want to get in my boat with me?". They turned around and went back down the bank. First time I've ever had to say something to someone on the water.

Seems like there is an occurrence every time I'm out there. Not bad as what I mentioned above but something.

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/25/17 04:32 AM

So here is another scenario. I have the boat lane chip and the lane runs right across the hump your fishing and I don’t slow down as I run a 100 ft off your bow. What do you do and what’s the difference? Not marked with a bouy but is marked on a chip and a known safe run...... to me it’s all about consideration and being safe and prudent. Takes less than a minute to come off plane, safely pass and then get back on it. AND it’s the legal thing to do.....
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/25/17 06:04 AM

some ppl are just born stupid, and Darwin missed them. that's the only excuse I can come up with. I work in an ER, so I see a little more of the result of stupid decisions. Fishing in a boat lane, with lines out, and yelling at people with the right of way.... is pretty damn stupid. Darwin must have missed him. i feel sorry for his kid.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/25/17 01:35 PM

It is like the people who have a yield sign but never yield as your coming off the highway and then they get mad at you.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/25/17 03:25 PM

Just got done fishing a tournament on Lake O Pines and folks fishing right by the lane poles???
Couldn't back off because boats running behind you and couldn't go around because those lanes are tight...just got some odd looks like we were being rude by running on plane....in the boat lane, LOL

"if you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough"...
Posted By: Kevlee

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/25/17 08:45 PM

I often fish LOP and fish the boat lanes above 155 bridge, I do my best to stay where boats can pass on plain and often wave them by when they start shutting down near me.

If you look close at the picture you can see where I'm at.

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/25/17 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Kevlee
I often fish LOP and fish the boat lanes above 155 bridge, I do my best to stay where boats can pass on plain and often wave them by when they start shutting down near me.

If you look close at the picture you can see where I'm at.

I see that you are out of the boat lane and that’s fine, what I have seen is people in the middle and thinking it’s just ok to fish there, maybe they should stop in the middle of the road and check the oil in their truck and see how that works out for them.
I know they are marked for safe travel but in my neck of the woods you should treat them like a road , run on the right side of starters and if you are going to stop get out of the lane.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/25/17 10:28 PM

In most every occasion I will come off pad if I can't get far enough away to stay on pad. I have never seen this but what would happen in an area like Big O where skiffs and flat bottoms could be fishing in or near boat lanes. There is no way to come off pad in some of those areas because if you do your grounded. I did see a video where a kayak was in the boat lane fishing and almost got taken out because he was around a blind corner. I guess it's just situational and best to use common sense from all parties involved in these situations.
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/26/17 03:12 AM

Great question. Is a boat lane a channel? Someone a few posts down from your original said he thought you had to cede way to lower powered or anchored vessel. Can’t anchor in a channel.

You can fish a boat lane all you want as far as I’m concerned. Do I thinks it’s smart? Absolutely not. And it goes both ways. It’s a risk I’m not willing to take as a fisherman. The fisherman puts the boater in jeopardy, but the boater puts the fisherman in harms way by not slowing down or going around the fisherman.

There are 2 spots at Fork where you see this often. One is the mouth of Birch right after you come around the curve in the lane under the 2946 bridge. The other is right by the 154 bridge by the Minnow Bucket. Both are high traffic areas. Knowing the number of boats that lake attracts, I’m not willing to fish there in case someone not familiar with the lake comes flying thru there because they bought the chip and are following it religiously.

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/26/17 05:57 AM

Great question. Is a boat lane a channel? Someone a few posts down from your original said he thought you had to cede way to lower powered or anchored vessel. Can’t anchor in a channel.

You can fish a boat lane all you want as far as I’m concerned. Do I thinks it’s smart? Absolutely not. And it goes both ways. It’s a risk I’m not willing to take as a fisherman. The fisherman puts the boater in jeopardy, but the boater puts the fisherman in harms way by not slowing down or going around the fisherman.

There are 2 spots at Fork where you see this often. One is the mouth of Birch right after you come around the curve in the lane under the 2946 bridge. The other is right by the 154 bridge by the Minnow Bucket. Both are high traffic areas. Knowing the number of boats that lake attracts, I’m not willing to fish there in case someone not familiar with the lake comes flying thru there because they bought the chip and are following it religiously.

The lanes at Fork are not navigation channels like the intercoastal or Houston ship channel. During the summer many fish the ship channel in Galveston bay but the ships don’t and can’t stop plus might has right in that situation as the smaller boat is more maneuverable. The lanes were not marked when the lake was new and they only mark safe navigation. Also there are a bunch of unmarked lanes at Fork. Just cause they are marked doesn’t mean it’s a highway, doesn’t mean navigation rules/laws don’t apply, and no I don’t change the oil on 635. Guys it’s just a safety/courtesy thing and no one fishing in or near the lane should get butthurt when a few boats come by. Btw the guys fishing the marinas get all butthurt when the marina owners say they are blocking safe navigation so is this the typical entitled bs attitude to rewrite the rules when it fits your wants? We all have the right to fish public waters safely........I see it now you guys complaining about boats fishing in the lanes will be petitioning the state for new laws to make it illegal and then will complain we lost our rights. Grow up and show some courtesy both ways!
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/26/17 11:43 AM

Here's my thought and opinion on this and it's not worth 10 cents in Chinese money. There are several community humps/spots that are near boat lanes on Fork, I would say maybe 5-6 at most. But there probably 25,000 other humps, spots, creeks, points, etc. to fish that are far from boat lanes so why pick those 5-6 places. Are they that good ? It's not a matter of whose right or wrong the whole lake is public water, but those boat lanes are there not only for safety but to get from point A to B in a timely manner especially for tournaments. In 1986 when I started fishing Fork there were no boat lanes, neither were there any on Toledo Bend. Feel free to fish the boat lanes all you want but be prepared for some caustic situations. Defend your rights all you want but I can assure you there won't be any winners. thumb
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/26/17 11:47 AM

The lanes at Fork are not navigation channels like the intercoastal or Houston ship channel. During the summer many fish the ship channel in Galveston bay but the ships don’t and can’t stop plus might has right in that situation as the smaller boat is more maneuverable. The lanes were not marked when the lake was new and they only mark safe navigation. Also there are a bunch of unmarked lanes at Fork. Just cause they are marked doesn’t mean it’s a highway, doesn’t mean navigation rules/laws don’t apply, and no I don’t change the oil on 635. Guys it’s just a safety/courtesy thing and no one fishing in or near the lane should get butthurt when a few boats come by. Btw the guys fishing the marinas get all butthurt when the marina owners say they are blocking safe navigation so is this the typical entitled bs attitude to rewrite the rules when it fits your wants? We all have the right to fish public waters safely........I see it now you guys complaining about boats fishing in the lanes will be petitioning the state for new laws to make it illegal and then will complain we lost our rights. Grow up and show some courtesy both ways!

The buoys are Navigation markers on Lake Fork just like on rivers or anything else. They mark the best place to navigate just like anywhere else. The only reason the other lanes are not marked they are not completely save because they do have stumps in them and you have to be careful when the water is down even a little. You do have to still drive to coast guard regulations. To the the right as with a car. I believe you have to be safe when passing not sure of the regulations.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/26/17 12:24 PM

I had a guy on Fork try to run over our lines one time on a old road bed that we where fishing. I pointed to him to go around us instead of over our lines he screams you are in the boat run. I said run or not we are fishing this spot and I do not want you to go over our lines when you have plenty of room to go around us. He went around me running his mouth the whole time.

I wanted to know the rules on this so that evening I call the GW and ask. His words were this. The fisherman has the right of way. You have to respect his position.

I understand the LOP deal cause there is no way around it most of the time. The fisherman should have known this and gladly said come on through and not be a total nut case.

I hate that happened to you on your day off but dont let it get to you there are idiots everywhere now days.

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/26/17 12:25 PM

Only problem I have is having someone sitting right in the only passable way to head north to start cussing and hollaring at you when ur just wantin to idle past them.Not to mention my kid and his kid where in the boats.But I tried to make it an educational experience out of it to teach my son "how not to be a douche" I usually try to be considerate to everyone.Fished a tour on Pines years ago up Alley Creek.There were several boats gathered around the bridge waiting to fish.I pulled up killed my engine and used my tm to ease past them without upsetting anyone.So I do try.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/26/17 12:31 PM

No way to act in front of a kid for sure. You handled it better than I would have.

Sometimes when a boat has ran over the spots we have been fishing in the lanes we have caught fish right after they stirred it up so you never know if it will hurt or help.

You did the right thing. You can never please a idiot. IMO

thumb
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/26/17 01:21 PM

Fishing in the boat lanes is kinda like playing stickball in the street when we were kids,....we knew is was not where we were supposed to play
but we played there anyway, and took our chances...I think we only lost one kid in all those years.. fish
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/26/17 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
Fishing in the boat lanes is kinda like playing stickball in the street when we were kids,....we knew is was not where we were supposed to play
but we played there anyway, and took our chances...I think we only lost one kid in all those years.. fish

I think we only lost one kid in all those years. thumb

Posted By: Deputy T

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/26/17 02:05 PM

Longest sentence ever........
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/26/17 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Cass Caldwell
I think to myself they are going to turn around or go around me. They don't and start casting to the EXACT same sweet spot where I'm casting to. I mean our lures were landing in the same spot. After about 2 casts of them doing that I couldn't take it anymore. I said "hey do y'all just want to get in my boat with me?". They turned around and went back down the bank. First time I've ever had to say something to someone on the water.

Seems like there is an occurrence every time I'm out there. Not bad as what I mentioned above but something.

It's happening more and more all the time. Just within the last couple of months I have had the following:

1. Fishing one of the bridges on Martin Creek. This is a Thursday and there is not another boat on the lake...except one. My buddies and I are casting at one of the bridge columns. A guy and a woman come straight at us. He gets on the trolling motor and says, "I'll be quiet." We think he is going to be courteous and troll past the bridge because he sees us fishing it. Wrong. He ties up to the very column we are throwing at. I am in disbelief and finally say, "Don't mind us, we were just here fishing." He acts like he didn't hear me.

2. Same thing a week and a half ago. Martin Creek, different bridge. This time I am fishing a tournament. My partner and I are fishing one specific spot on one of the bridges. Two guys in a green center console boat idle up within 30 feet of us and tie up to the column where we are fishing. One of them tries to make small talk. "Catching them all?" I can't take it so we leave.

3. This one almost made me come unglued. My partner and I are prefishing for a tournament. We are in a very narrow creek, maybe 25 feet wide, that is completely lined with trees and willow bushes. We are about 100 yards from a bridge that we intend to fish when we get to it. From my left I see a boat idling through the bushes. This boat is literally going over laydowns and crashing through willows and all the rest of the cover. I was in utter disbelief. Finally they pop into the creek about 15 feet in front of us, obviously just to get ahead of us. I couldn't take it. I yelled "HEY!" and they killed the motor. I asked, "Do you really think that is okay? Does it matter to you that we are sitting right here?" He says something about "I didn't know where else to go." Really, I asked. In an 11,000 acre lake you couldn't find anywhere else to go except to run through the woods and bushes just so you could cut in close enough that I could almost spit on you? They were two high school kids prefishing for a tournament. Apparently daddy doesn't mind them running over and through trees and bushes in his $70,000 rig so they can get to their spot ahead of everyone else, no matter who was there first!

4. Same lake, last weekend on the first day of the tournament. We try to go to our #1 spot but someone is already there, so we go to #2. There we are, throwing at a willow tree, when I say, "That boat is coming right at us!" Sure enough, the guy...another tournament boat...idles right up and the driver gets up and starts casting at the same tree. Once the shock wore off I also ask him, "Hey, man, I just have to ask. Do you really think this is okay? We're sitting right here and you come in right on top of us, even start throwing in exactly the same spot where I am casting. Do you think that is okay?" The guy in the back of the boat, who looked embarrassed, said "No" and put down his rod. The driver, who was a man probably close to 60 years old, mumbled something about he spun a hub and that was where he wanted to fish. I looked at him wondering if that was supposed to mean something or make it alright.

What the heck has happened to people? And yes, as I said, I dealt with each of these cases on the water. If nothing else if some of us point out that this [censored] isn't okay maybe some of the people doing it will think twice next time.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/26/17 05:06 PM

If I'm fishing in or next to the boat lane on Pines, which I do often, please pass on plane as fast as you can. Thank you.
Posted By: David Allen

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/26/17 05:58 PM

Wonder if someone could fish the boat lane on Fork during the Skeeter tournament? hammer
Posted By: RedEar12

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/26/17 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: 04champ
If I'm fishing in or next to the boat lane on Pines, which I do often, please pass on plane as fast as you can. Thank you.

I agree with this.

North of the 2nd Pump station where this happened, it is too narrow, and depending on water level too shallow in spots to get out of the poles.

Its getting that time of year again where there is a mix of people fishing for crappie, bass, whites and catfish on the river. Its inevitable that someone is going to get pissed. I try to stay out of the lane and let traffic run. It takes less time for things to settle down going by on plane.
Posted By: tin man 55

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/26/17 08:27 PM

I fish the boat lanes at Fork in several places, but I move out of the way when a boat is coming my way. just makes sense to me.
Posted By: Legend Chris

Re: Fishing in the BOAT LANE - 10/26/17 08:50 PM

Ridiculousness
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum