Print Thread
Best Sliding / Retractable Base for Ulterra #12414758 09/05/17 03:06 PM
S
StratVoodoo Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
S
I'd like input / feedback from the TFF folks that have Ulterra TM's for what retractable mounting bases you're running. Looking at the LiftSaver & Minn Kota versions. I don't currently have a retractable bracket on my Phoenix and loading and unloading is a pain trying to keep the front roller from cathing the trolling motor.

Re: Best Sliding / Retractable Base for Ulterra [Re: StratVoodoo] #12417279 09/07/17 03:35 AM
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

The LiftSaver TM mount will be your best bet. Minn Kota does not offer/recommend using any slide mount for the Ulterra just in-case the motor is accidentally deployed while the mount is in the slide back position. It will hit the bow before fully deploying and by the time you loosen the thumb nut to slide the bracket forward damage could possibly occur. With the LiftSaver if the motor is accidentally deployed with the motor in the back position and hits the bow the pressure with either lift the motor up and into the normal position thus causing no damage.
LiftSaver TM Bracket..."It's a household name"

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: Best Sliding / Retractable Base for Ulterra [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #12417451 09/07/17 11:55 AM
S
StratVoodoo Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
S
Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

The LiftSaver TM mount will be your best bet. Minn Kota does not offer/recommend using any slide mount for the Ulterra just in-case the motor is accidentally deployed while the mount is in the slide back position. It will hit the bow before fully deploying and by the time you loosen the thumb nut to slide the bracket forward damage could possibly occur. With the LiftSaver if the motor is accidentally deployed with the motor in the back position and hits the bow the pressure with either lift the motor up and into the normal position thus causing no damage.
Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Thanks David! After doing some checking, came to find out that I know the designer (Ron). We're hooking up next week to see if it'll cure the problem. Thanks again for your input.

Re: Best Sliding / Retractable Base for Ulterra [Re: StratVoodoo] #12418481 09/08/17 02:08 AM
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

No problem. Slap Captain Ron on the back of the head and tell him I said to shut-up-and-fish.

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: Best Sliding / Retractable Base for Ulterra [Re: StratVoodoo] #12422014 09/11/17 03:32 AM
T
toofy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
I've got the Liftsaver for my Ulterra on my Ranger Z521. Love it. I had an Ulterra on my old Z20 mounted straight to the boat and it would hit the bow roller on the trailer when launching. Interestingly, the Ulterra doesn't hit the bow roller on my Z521 so I push it forward before I launch. I shift it backwards after putting it on the trailer to allow my original cover to fit.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide