Print Thread
Been Awhile On Here, Need Advice #12141050 03/14/17 10:55 PM
B
Big_CatEM Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
B
Hey fellow crappie crazies, good to be back. Been years since I've been on here. Older and wiser I guess.

I'm off this week and may take my now 14 year old son Brice fishing (or may not if he doesn't want to get his rear up early enough). Some of you old schoolers on here may remember me, the senior weather guy at the National Weather Service in Fort Worth. I'm still here, even after 3 back surgeries and an osteotomy surgery on my right foot. Still livin' and haven't broken out my custom Jigum jigs, soft body jigs, or minnows and done some slabbin' in a LONG TIME.

Well, this is the week. I'm off for my teens Spring Break and tired of sitting my butt around the homestead dealing with fixing projects on my own, or contractors. I know this is short notice, but I'm looking for somewhere to head Wedensday and Friday mornings, before I start night shifts.

If anyone has suggestions and what to use color-wise and heads (if it's jigs), or where they're tearing up minners, I'd be much appreciated. If you have rented slips, a dock, or even a boat, and want to offer, I'm always on time and agreeable (pay for snacks, drinks, gas, etc), but not expecting that and wouldn't want it thrown on me like that either.

Anyone who helps out, be glad to tour you around your NWS office here in Fort Worth when I'm either working days or evenings. Be my pleasure if you're interested in weather and how we launch our upper-air balloons, do our warning ops (yes, we do the official warnings, NOT the TV media, though we chat with them continuously).

If not, hey it's all good and at least could say hello to those of you who remember me (Eric). I'm in the N Fort Worth/Keller area. Hope all is well with the old-timers and veterans I remember on here. Haven't forgotten about you all, just life got in the way. Take care and God Bless. fish

Last edited by Big_CatEM; 03/14/17 10:58 PM.

Eric
--------------------------------------------------
"Fishing is to work, what aspirin is to headaches"
'Fighting Texas Aggies Class of 93'
Wanna-be senior meteorologist for the NWS in Fort Worth
Re: Been Awhile On Here, Need Advice [Re: Big_CatEM] #12141079 03/14/17 11:23 PM
B
Big_CatEM Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
B
I have a few crappie houses in mind (Benbrook, Weatherford, Lewisville, and RayBob). I've never really caught enough keepers to substantiate going to Weatherford or RayBob, so likely head to LL or Benbrook if nothing comes from this and give it hell.

Eric
Re: Been Awhile On Here, Need Advice [Re: Big_CatEM] #12141173 03/15/17 12:36 AM
B
Big_CatEM Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
B
Feeling the love here. Look, I don't want GPS coordinates to your favorite fishing hole, just a few lakes nearby and what's working would be muy bueno.

Thanks *crickets*

Eric
Re: Been Awhile On Here, Need Advice [Re: Big_CatEM] #12141192 03/15/17 12:47 AM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
Eric, I'm not in your area, but the reports I see on here seem to indicate LL is pretty good right now. There's a thread on here about the LL fishing barge, might want to check that. Otherwise, without a boat, it's going to be tough. Most people with rented slips can't bring guests.
Someone will chime in, I'm sure.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: Been Awhile On Here, Need Advice [Re: Ken Gaby] #12141196 03/15/17 12:51 AM
B
Big_CatEM Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
B
Thanks, Ken. Once upon a time, me and a group rented some nice slips, brushed them out at Eagle Mountain Lake. Ownership changed (old owner didn't notify us) and the new guy wouldn't even listen to us about policing the place during Memorial Day and Labor Day, or anything. He just booted us off and we had no way of recouping the money remaining on our lease. To say we were pissed off is an understatement. About 5-6 of us. Really stunk because it was like 15 mins away and I could go out for a few hours, hammer some, and be home with still half the day to spare. Old times, but good times.

Yeah, I get the guests/slips thing. I was considering going to my old stand by LL Barge anyway, since I know it well, the people there, and was going there since I was a kid (50 now).

I'll check the thread. Appreciate it. Y'all have a good week.

Last edited by Big_CatEM; 03/15/17 12:52 AM.

Eric
Re: Been Awhile On Here, Need Advice [Re: Big_CatEM] #12141894 03/15/17 02:14 PM
dgilbert Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Big_CatEM
Feeling the love here. Look, I don't want GPS coordinates to your favorite fishing hole, just a few lakes nearby and what's working would be muy bueno.

Thanks *crickets*

helpsignme!

Re: Been Awhile On Here, Need Advice [Re: Big_CatEM] #12141925 03/15/17 02:30 PM
V
varnoldi Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
V
PM sent, hope it helps.

2003 VIP vixen 2096
Re: Been Awhile On Here, Need Advice [Re: dgilbert] #12142208 03/15/17 05:23 PM
B
Big_CatEM Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
B
LOL I know right? hammer

Eric
Re: Been Awhile On Here, Need Advice [Re: varnoldi] #12142211 03/15/17 05:24 PM
B
Big_CatEM Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
B
I got it. Thanks for the suggestion. fish

Eric
Re: Been Awhile On Here, Need Advice [Re: Big_CatEM] #12142295 03/15/17 06:36 PM
SLABmeSILLY Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Welcome back!
From what I remembered, you can catch them out of a bathtub so you shouldn't have problems going after now my friend...

Re: Been Awhile On Here, Need Advice [Re: SLABmeSILLY] #12142559 03/15/17 09:17 PM
B
Big_CatEM Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
B
Was just thinking about you Slab after DaleJrFan98 PM'd me as well. I STILL HAVE THE CUSTOM POLE YOU MADE ME BACK THEN AND STILL LOVE IT my friend.

Used it this morning, though LL Barge was a daycare center this morning and stunk.

Yep, I still have yours and Mr. Jigums jigs and all my plastics. I had 3 surgeries last year, so was out of commision for a long time. I did fish a ton before then and well after I left TFF years ago, so all is good.

50 now, older, wiser, and re-built. Ready to slab em' again. Hope you are well my old friend!

Eric
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide