Forums59
Topics1,039,312
Posts13,962,696
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: How long before the game warden files a ticket? [Re: Bob Landry] #11636592 05/31/16 03:55 AM
D
dieselpower97 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
I agree with you, but it like if u get a ticket on your car for no registration or inspection on car, if you get it, then judge will sometime lower ticket. has worked, can try,

Re: How long before the game warden files a ticket? [Re: Mark's Fence Repair] #11636653 05/31/16 05:10 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
C
I am trying to remember what year that was, somewhere between 2004 & 2008 I think. Daughter was married, age 23 to 27. It was me, my Daughter & Son-in-law.

But you see, it was not an ordinary situation. We had pulled up, tied off to one of the piers, and were walking towards the main pier, then would have headed up the hill towards the restroom (east side at bottom of lake). The P/U they were driving got there after we had been out of the boat a few minutes. No fish were in the boat, as we had just set out two lines. However, they did not see us do that, as they arrived after the fact. We headed on back to get her license before doing anymore.

Had another situation when I was a teenager (about 16 or 17) in the early to mid 70s. Me & two friends were down FM 2038 on the Navasota River. It was flooded at all 3 bridges (on each side of the bridge on the road between the 1st & 3rd). I had my Dad's flat bottom tied off at the 3rd bridge. We had to wade thru water between waist & mid-chest to get to the boat. And perhaps some of you thought you were a river rat. When we headed back, we tied the boat off at the 3rd bridge again. Then we waded back. It was just starting to get dusk so we had to really look to make sure we did not cross paths with a snake skimming across the water. As we neared the first bridge, I could see a dim figure that seemed to be leaning up against my Opel Kadette trunk. We wondered who on earth it might be. As we crossed the bridge, I could see it was a Game Warden. As we got up there to my car, dripping wet, he asked us what we had been doing. We told him we had been fishing & left the boat tied to near the 3rd bridge, where we had it before. He looked us all over then asked the million dollar question, Where are your Life Jackets? We had this surprised facial expressions as we looked at each other. Then I casually said, OOPS! I said allow me, got my keys, and popped open the trunk & he saw them still in the car. I have no idea of his actual thought, but he said, you know you are supposed to have them in the boat, if not on in these conditions. I agreed & apologized as it was my oversight. He let out a big sigh & then said, I did not actually see any of you in the boat (or even the boat itself), so I am going to let you go with a warning. Have them with you next time. We all said, Yes Sir. You see, that act alone impressed us to always have our life jackets. I have never forgotten that moment. And never will. I am sure the other guys do too. Yes, he could have written us up, or hauled us off, or something in between. He made us realize how lucky we were, as he commented that had it been another Game Warden, he would have issued citations & maybe even hauled us off to jail. We knew exactly who he was speaking of & was very glad it was not that one.

You see, there is the law, and the Game Warden is the one who interprets that law according to what is presented. They can act according to the letter of the law, or the spirit of the law. While I respect both, I honor the ones who have chosen to act according to the spirit of the law by trying to adhere to what they were striving to get across.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: How long before the game warden files a ticket? [Re: Mark's Fence Repair] #11636665 05/31/16 05:45 AM
M
Mark's Fence Repair Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
M
I had the expired fishing licenses on me when they pulled me over but I thought the license was still good and had went out April 31st so it was expired by one week I usually don't go into The Tackle Box and check it enough I guess but anyways I called the court and they said they don't have no ticket for me that's why my original question was how long do they take to turn in the ticket? I'm thinking maybe he just wrote The Ticket but then the boat sunk or something he never got made it to the courthouse with the ticket

Re: How long before the game warden files a ticket? [Re: Mark's Fence Repair] #11636667 05/31/16 05:50 AM
M
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
M
it was the first time I've ever been stopped by the game warden in Texas and so we went we left we put the boat on the trailer I went to the store and bought a fishing license for this year so specific post dated the ticket just long enough for me to make it to bass pro shops maybe he put the wrong time on there that's why I said I don't want to go into specifics is so confusing I know it makes me sick. My original question is how long do I wait before I go to pay for the ticket I called them for days after he supposedly wrote me the ticket it's actually 6 days after he wrote the ticket and they said it wasn't on file

Re: How long before the game warden files a ticket? [Re: Mark's Fence Repair] #11636690 05/31/16 08:47 AM
T
Texasian Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Not using periods or commas is what makes the story confusing...from what I can gather, you thought you had a valid license but it was actually expired and so you got a ticket. I don't see how any of the other parts of your story are relevant. Filing the ticket with the court is really at the discretion of the officer...some officers file individual tickets as they go and some file in batches...you just have to keep calling to check. With most citations, they have up to one year to prosecute you for the offense. If you have a court date on the ticket, you should keep checking up until that date, but be sure to appear on that date to address the issue. If it's only been a week, I wouldn't get too antsy just yet...it'll probably show up in the system soon.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day...Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Re: How long before the game warden files a ticket? [Re: Mark's Fence Repair] #11636893 05/31/16 01:16 PM
B
Big Zee Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
The Game Warden usually file the tickets the next time in the office. Then it goes to the court, they have to file it. Usually the court has it set 10 business days from when you got the ticket.

If you do not have a "current" licenses on you it is a ticket. A lot of people don't know this, when given a ticket, he is suppose to ask for your drivers licenses to run a back ground check on you. A lot of warrants get taken care of while fishing.

Hebrews 11:1
Re: How long before the game warden files a ticket? [Re: Mark's Fence Repair] #11637186 05/31/16 03:26 PM
Uncle Zeek Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Originally Posted By: Mark's Fence Repair
I had the expired fishing licenses on me when they pulled me over but I thought the license was still good and had went out April 31st so it was expired by one week

April 31st?? Was this a special issue April Fools license, or are you just yanking everyones chain here?

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: How long before the game warden files a ticket? [Re: Mark's Fence Repair] #11637237 05/31/16 03:43 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
You did not have a valid fishing license when the GW checked you. However, in your second part of the story, you said the GW post dated the ticket to allow you time to get one. By that, I assume if you got your license after the ticket but before the time on the ticket, you can get the fine dismissed? If you got the new license after the time the GW post dated, then you need to pay your fine and move on.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: How long before the game warden files a ticket? [Re: Mark's Fence Repair] #11637249 05/31/16 03:47 PM
B
bronco71 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
B
April 31st?? I'm sooo confused bang

1987 Nitro MX185/Mercury Black Max 150
1999 Triton TX21/225 Mercury Optimax
Re: How long before the game warden files a ticket? [Re: Mark's Fence Repair] #11637787 05/31/16 06:45 PM
C
Chuck72 Offline
Angler
Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Mark's Fence Repair
Also has anybody ever had a weird encounter with the game warden and supposedly got a ticket but they never turned it in?

Got cited on Medina for my horn not working, it was a pleasant on water exchange. I called weekly for about 8 months and talked to the judges admin trying to get a status on the ticket. It was never turned in, and the judges admin told me to basically stop bothering them. I moved out of state and nearly 2 years after the I got the citation, they sent me a notice that I needed to pay my ticket. Then it was hurry up and pay it, never mind that I had tried to take care of it nearly 2 years earlier.

I called to complain and they basically didn't care.

-----------�----------------------------------------
2017 Bass Cat Eyra 250 Yamaha SHO
Re: How long before the game warden files a ticket? [Re: bronco71] #11637866 05/31/16 07:17 PM
C
ChuChu1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: bronco71

April 31 would be a pretty good trick.

Snowflakes and entitled brats will be the doom of America!

Re: How long before the game warden files a ticket? [Re: Mark's Fence Repair] #11638405 05/31/16 10:56 PM
M
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
M
Thank you chuck I think that's kind of happening to me.

You should of had a whistle I have a whistle in my tackle box just in case.

Re: How long before the game warden files a ticket? [Re: Mark's Fence Repair] #11638458 05/31/16 11:20 PM
C
Chuck72 Offline
Angler
Angler
C
I carry a whistle and an air horn now. I was told the wardens basically aggregate a bunch of tickets and turns them in in bulk or when ever they make it to the office. Unfortunately without the officers ticket they won't process it.

-----------�----------------------------------------
2017 Bass Cat Eyra 250 Yamaha SHO
Re: How long before the game warden files a ticket? [Re: Mark's Fence Repair] #11638469 05/31/16 11:26 PM
M
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
M
April 30th the license was expired for Less Than 3 weeks expletive expletive expletive

Re: How long before the game warden files a ticket? [Re: ChuChu1] #11638509 05/31/16 11:52 PM
B
bronco71 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted By: ChuChu1
Originally Posted By: bronco71

April 31 would be a pretty good trick.

I missed the memo on the new leap year.....

1987 Nitro MX185/Mercury Black Max 150
1999 Triton TX21/225 Mercury Optimax
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide