Forums59
Topics1,039,671
Posts13,968,662
Members144,210
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Texas high school bass fishing boat captains... [Re: coachallentca] #11572713 04/29/16 12:47 PM
B
BassnJAK Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
is there a way to get a list of the high schools that have a team?
I would like to help out with a local team in my area.
fish

Do something every day that makes you happy.
Fishing tops my list... Whooop - There it is! 😎

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Texas high school bass fishing boat captains... [Re: coachallentca] #11572733 04/29/16 01:03 PM
C
coachallentca Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
C
http://www.texashighschoolbassassn.com/

go to the est page and you will see teams listed. You can start fishing at the start of next school year.

Re: Texas high school bass fishing boat captains... [Re: Ken Starling] #11572864 04/29/16 01:57 PM
Phoenix_Ed Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Ken Starling
I remember talking to y'all. Thank you for your time sir.

Okay that was you! I should have introduced myself. She is a good kid. Fishes hard, I told them I owe them a trip down the road to catch some fish. She would not let her dad fish, gave him hades if he picked up a rod. See you next time.

Wishin I was fishin!! ..............>(((//*>
2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 4 Stroke - Ultrex
Her name is Novia Número Cinco.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega DI - Helix 12 Mega SI - Mega 360
PB Largemouth - 9.51 - Toledo Bend - March 2014
Re: Texas high school bass fishing boat captains... [Re: Flippin-Out] #11572998 04/29/16 02:56 PM
K
Ken Starling Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
K
Once again the TFF comes through on correcting everyone else. Good job, yes the scholarship is Awarded not given away.
Originally Posted By: Flippin-Out
Originally Posted By: Ken Starling
I'm sorry about that. Just cuts down on kids trying to get boat captains that know just the Regional or Championship lakes.
When we are giving away $100,000 in scholarship money between the 2 regional events and the State event. We are just trying to cut down the chances of Boat captains picked just because they know the Championship and Regional lakes. That's all. Just trying to level the field as best as we can.

Thank you for your interest in helping the kids though, maybe your schedule will work out for next season. We will start up in the fall.

You aren't actually "giving away" those scholarships - you are AWARDING them, aren't you? "Giving away" generally refers to the recipient not doing anything in particular to receive the item! Squeeze all the good press out of it you can by promoting the award of scholarships!

Re: Texas high school bass fishing boat captains... [Re: coachallentca] #11573194 04/29/16 04:05 PM
Bruce Allen Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Texas High School Bass Association looking for orphan team Captains

A new database is being put together to handle orphan teams on an occasional basis.

When a new school starts putting together high school fishing teams or a current school adds teams in the run up to a tournament and does not have enough captains for a specific lake they will then be able to access this database and find captains for that lake whom has already been vetted and has all of the requirements needed to take out a team.

Here are some of the questions that has been asked:

FAQ: What is an orphan boat captain? The far majority of the teams already have fathers, grandfathers, friends, and other volunteers who take out teams for these events. So we are really talking about orphan teams. Those just starting up or being added to a schools roster just in time for the next event. Going to a lake they have never been to with a new team and no captain.
Also some teams may not be associated with a high school. Not every high school has organized fishing teams so there are independent teams as well, and out of state teams without captains but all have to be approved by the THSBA to fish in their events.
And there are also private events like the LFCOC annual high school open held in July at Lake Fork.

Do I have to be vetted to get on this list and how will that be done? There are requirements that all of the boat captains must meet. And different high schools have different requirements. A background check and the proper boat insurance are the most important. All the rules are listed on the other side of this form.
A current CHL will provide what is needed for the background check. Or having your driver license scanned prior to all of this will let you qualify. Some schools require both even if you have a CHL. For our database we require both.

Why do I have to get this form notarized? It is important to us and to the schools, the parents, and to the students that you are who you say you are. By standing in front of a notary and signing this form having had the CHL and DL license checks everyone now knows that you are safe. We are talking about children and we want to convey that we have done everything we possibly can to make sure they are safe as do you.

How will it work once I am approved? This form, of which you will have a copy, will be kept on file by the THSBA. When an orphan team contacts the association about fishing in one of their events or another organization contacts them to use their list they will then check the database for boat captains at the prescribed lake and give that information to those folks. If required they can fax a copy of your form to the requesting organization or individuals.

What lakes or regions can I take the kids too? You'd certainly want to take them to lakes for which you are familiar. You might say North East Texas or West Texas between certain cities instead of listing all of the lakes in that area. Or you might just say one lake if that is the only lake you want to fish in.

The Texas High School Bass Assoc has approved this vetting procedure. If you would like a copy of the form to be able to proceed with having yourself vetted to become a participant in this important and fun activity to become a captain and added to the database please e-mail me at sjbasser@aol.com.

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.

Re: Texas high school bass fishing boat captains... [Re: coachallentca] #11573382 04/29/16 05:19 PM
Walls Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Question- I volunteer with New Caney ISD and go through a background check with their PD every year to get approved.....is that a process that works for an "orphan" team?

Re: Texas high school bass fishing boat captains... [Re: Walls] #11573390 04/29/16 05:22 PM
K
Ken Starling Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
K
Yes.That or a CHL.
Originally Posted By: chasinbass
Question- I volunteer with New Caney ISD and go through a background check with their PD every year to get approved.....is that a process that works for an "orphan" team?

Re: Texas high school bass fishing boat captains... [Re: BassnJAK] #11573807 04/29/16 08:26 PM
D
DedShort Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Decatur has a team! One of the kids on our team actually goes to Springtown and another goes to Southlake. As long as they dont have a team at their home school, they can fish elsewhere. If you don't find a HS that can use your help, i know of a Junior Club that could use captains.

"Liberty is always dangerous, but it is the safest thing we have." - Harry Emerson Fosdick

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide