Forums59
Topics1,039,369
Posts13,963,475
Members144,202
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: What makes merchants think being rude to customers... [Re: Devil Horse] #11334202 01/09/16 09:46 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Devil Horse
what happened to bill kells is he still around or what

Don't know but he was a piece of work. I stayed there a lot in the 90's and got along with him a little, but I wouldn't say I was one of his "top 4". Eventually, I decided to stay other places that didn't give out that kinda treatment. That dark haired female employee of his could really cook a good burger, though. Sure miss those days of good 'ole Mutha Fork.

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: What makes merchants think being rude to customers... [Re: Douglas J] #11334214 01/09/16 09:50 PM
R
Razorback Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted By: Doug R.
When I first started reading your post I thought this was going to be some dude cussing you and the throwing you out of his shop.

Sounds like his attitude and demeanor was not the best, but if that is all he said and you got your feelings hurt enough to write that long post, maybe you are a tad bit on the sensitive side.

Oh and if you are fishing with a badly broken bracket, your trolling motor can fall in the lake and if you know it's broken and fish anyways, you're a tad bit stupid. Been there done that...

If I was fishing with his trolling motor I might see the need for his irritation, but since it is mine and I'm the one taking the risk I'm not sure why that would PO him so bad.

None of that changes the fact that I went into his business, tried to spend my money with him, and got nothing but an attitude from the instant I met him.

BTW, there's a difference between stupid and assessing a situation and deciding to take a risk anyway. What's the worst that is going to happen if it comes loose? I'll cuss a little, say, "Oh well, I guess that wasn't the best idea", and buy another trolling motor? The one I have is ten years old so I guess I am willing to "roll the dice" with it, so to speak.

But...thanks for valuable your input anyway.

Re: What makes merchants think being rude to customers... [Re: Razorback] #11334215 01/09/16 09:51 PM
D
DJB Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
If it's ET Sonar that's par for the course. Was in a bind a few weeks back and needed a hummingbird tm bracket. Not only did they charge me triple the price but he never even said thanks for the business. If it weren't for 4 inch ringworms I would never go in the place ! Everybody tells me he just can't hear, maybe but his rude.

Re: What makes merchants think being rude to customers... [Re: Razorback] #11334216 01/09/16 09:51 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
After Bill sold Rainswood they moved up to the Panhandle. I haven't heard from him since they sold but you're right Millie could fix a mean cheeseburger!

Re: What makes merchants think being rude to customers... [Re: Razorback] #11334249 01/09/16 10:04 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: Razorback
Originally Posted By: Doug R.
When I first started reading your post I thought this was going to be some dude cussing you and the throwing you out of his shop.

Sounds like his attitude and demeanor was not the best, but if that is all he said and you got your feelings hurt enough to write that long post, maybe you are a tad bit on the sensitive side.

Oh and if you are fishing with a badly broken bracket, your trolling motor can fall in the lake and if you know it's broken and fish anyways, you're a tad bit stupid. Been there done that...

If I was fishing with his trolling motor I might see the need for his irritation, but since it is mine and I'm the one taking the risk I'm not sure why that would PO him so bad.

None of that changes the fact that I went into his business, tried to spend my money with him, and got nothing but an attitude from the instant I met him.

BTW, there's a difference between stupid and assessing a situation and deciding to take a risk anyway. What's the worst that is going to happen if it comes loose? I'll cuss a little, say, "Oh well, I guess that wasn't the best idea", and buy another trolling motor? The one I have is ten years old so I guess I am willing to "roll the dice" with it, so to speak.

But...thanks for valuable your input anyway.

By your response it appears you are a little overly sensitive in my opinion, and guess what he can tell you that you are stupid if he wants and then you can go elsewhere and spend your money as well.

It's not like he called you a lot of names and question your manhood for acting somewhat like a female

I am sorry the dude hurt your feelings, get a hug it will make thing better laugh

#MFGA
Re: What makes merchants think being rude to customers... [Re: Ken A.] #11334282 01/09/16 10:18 PM
F
Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Was his name Bill Kells?? roflmao

Seriously, I would take my business someplace else. I think Steve's Props still does trolling motor repair. They are really good and great to deal with.

+1

Re: What makes merchants think being rude to customers... [Re: Razorback] #11334327 01/09/16 10:38 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I agree with you. To me it's never OK to just be blatantly rude and would go elsewhere but don't let it get you all worked up.

Re: What makes merchants think being rude to customers... [Re: Razorback] #11334418 01/09/16 11:12 PM
R
rxkid2001 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
No excuse but whoever he dealt with before you might have impacted it. I work retail and there are some real A holes out there, it's very easy to let one of them ruin a day.

Re: What makes merchants think being rude to customers... [Re: Razorback] #11334459 01/09/16 11:27 PM
R
Razorback Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
R
I can see at least two other people in this thread have had the same experience I had with this guy, so I didn't get special treatment. LOL.

I'm not "overly worked up". I just wonder what makes some merchants think it's okay to treat their customers that way. I have run a business before. Proving to your customers that they are wrong or stupid is a good way to go out of business.

Re: What makes merchants think being rude to customers... [Re: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI] #11334493 01/09/16 11:42 PM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI
I can't stand to deal with a jerk. Take your trolling motor to Jones trolling motor, they are the best.

http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com/
Interesting advertising here^^^^. Absolutely no address or hint of where they are located in their add. What town are they located in?

Re: What makes merchants think being rude to customers... [Re: Razorback] #11334495 01/09/16 11:42 PM
A
Andrew Y'Barbo Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
That is very unprofessional. However from his side I can understand the irritation. Nothing is worst than guessing on parts and mounts that can not be returned. He just had a very poor way of communicating this to you. Serial numbers are the absolute only way of looking up parts. If he did look it up and it happened to be wrong. He would have an angry customer. That costed him money, and he still has to fix the problem. Take the serial number and a few picture back to him. I'm sure he will be appreciative, and you might have a new buddy. You need to have your information.

Re: What makes merchants think being rude to customers... [Re: Razorback] #11334524 01/09/16 11:56 PM
R
RedEar12 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I don't go there just for the very reason Razorback stated. He isn't being overly sensitive.

Here is a funny story.

Reaction Innovation has a color called Homer Special that is a special run color. East Texas Sonar carries most all of their products. I knew they didn't have the color because I called to check, and was told that they carry every color made in a Beaver, so the person on the other end of the line basically called me stupid for asking about a color that R.I. doesn't make.
The next day I had my buddy go up there and ask for some Beavers in Homer Special.
Well he was berated for asking about a color that didn't exist, so he pulls out a package with a couple in it. They get on the phone with R.I. and had to eat a little crow. Glad their throat was big enough for them to swallow it.

Basically everyone that walks in is a D.A.

Re: What makes merchants think being rude to customers... [Re: Razorback] #11334964 01/10/16 02:17 AM
G
Gary Ables Offline
Angler
Angler
G
I wouldn't go back there,a customer should be treated with respect regardless of the problem.I get the same response from Southwest Parts in Dallas where I get my reels cleaned !

Re: What makes merchants think being rude to customers... [Re: Razorback] #11334965 01/10/16 02:17 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Truth is he is probably just a hard individual to deal with, I have had experiences with people that act like that and if they do an outstanding job it's just something you have to put up with if you care to. If not ust take your money elsewhere.

I am not making excuses for him because I have no idea who he is, but maybe something happened in his life to make him this way, or maybe he is just a butt head. LOL

Life's too short to be grouchy grin

#MFGA
Re: What makes merchants think being rude to customers... [Re: Razorback] #11335007 01/10/16 02:32 AM
4976sc Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Why doesn't the idiot just buy some hearing aids if he can't hear??

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide