Is the Boat Dealer giving me a raw deal? #1114025 01/19/07 12:40 AM
B
Bass'n Rookie Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
B
Hi Guys,

I need some advice here, because I'm not 100% sure what to do. Ok so I made a deal with a boat dealer here in Texas. The guy makes me a deal to be on their ProStaff and knocks 3K off the price on the boat. When the boat was delivered the upgraded fish finder on the deck I requested was not installed. The dealer gives me lip service about nickle and diming him over the upgrade, but installs the upgrade only after pitching a fit. When I get the boat back they didn't install the model I request but "gave me an upgrade." The GPS on the unit doesn't work because it's has an internal antena and it's mounted in the deck. They installed a GPS antena, but did not hook it up because the connectors do not matchup. I later found out they had installed the unit I request that requires the external antena and then sold it to a customer because the unit went on back order. 6 months later and I still don't have the model I wanted and no GPS on the front deck. Before the deal they were always glad to see me and all smiles, but now they act like I should bow before them and speak only when spoken too. When I call the dealer I always get transfered to a voice mail and they never retun my calls.

Am I asking for to much here??? I mean I paid 46K for a boat and now the dealer is giving me a hard time over a $800 fish finder. I'm not even keeping the factory installed unit so it wasn't even $800.

What would you do?

Last edited by Bass'n Rookie; 01/19/07 12:47 AM.
Re: Is the Boat Dealer giving me a raw deal? [Re: Bass'n Rookie] #1114176 01/19/07 02:00 AM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
Your definately not asking to much, if that is the deal the dealer needs to make it good or have his dealerships name aired out good on this forum. A lot of people read this one. I found out about it at work from hearing some of the guys talk about it. Another thing you could do is take it up with the BBB.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: Is the Boat Dealer giving me a raw deal? [Re: Bass'n Rookie] #1114191 01/19/07 02:08 AM
T
togofishing Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
I WOULD BE PI------. WHOS THE DEALERS

Re: Is the Boat Dealer giving me a raw deal? [Re: togofishing] #1114492 01/19/07 04:06 AM
H
Hank1951 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
After you spent 46 grand with him, he ougta bow before you & for damn sure return your calls! He is not a very good business man if he will not make things right with you, I would sure enuff air his name out on the forum!!!That is pure "D" 'ole ch1cken$h17 of him!!!

Keep your powder dry & don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes!!
Re: Is the Boat Dealer giving me a raw deal? [Re: Hank1951] #1114508 01/19/07 04:12 AM
S
Steve_FBC Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
I don't think you are asking too much either. I would call them back and tell them that you are not very happy and that it will be too bad that when everybody you talk to hears what a cheap S.O.B he is and how he renigs on his deals and that you are going to file a complaint with the manufacturer of the boat. I don't think they like dealers that provide poor service because it looks bad on them too.

FORNEY BASS CLUB
2006 Skeeter 200SX
200 HPDI Yamaha
Any day fishing is a good day.
Re: Is the Boat Dealer giving me a raw deal? [Re: Steve_FBC] #1114871 01/19/07 01:42 PM
K
KingwoodCat Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
I would suggest complaining to the BBB and cc'ing the Boat Manufacturer.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a look at the American Indian".

Henry Ford
Re: Is the Boat Dealer giving me a raw deal? [Re: KingwoodCat] #1114991 01/19/07 03:01 PM
B
BJH ( JUST JIGGING) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
I would suggest checking into the nearest medical center that handles cases such as you are afflicted with (bad case of D...A..)

I would agree with you , but then we would both be WRONG !!!!!
Re: Is the Boat Dealer giving me a raw deal? [Re: BJH ( JUST JIGGING)] #1115011 01/19/07 03:12 PM
S
sooners Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
what dealer is this so i won't go there.

Re: Is the Boat Dealer giving me a raw deal? [Re: BJH ( JUST JIGGING)] #1115020 01/19/07 03:16 PM
steve@S2Marine Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
another way to possibly cure this problem is to contact the manufacturer of the gps unit. explain to them about the problem of the connections and they will probably send you what you need at no charge. If they make it right then you should slam the boat dealer every chance you get. That is not right of them to do what they did. However, bottom line is, you did take delivery of the boat before the upgrades were made. The boat is yours as it is now, unless you have it in writting about the upgrades you may not be able to have anything done, especially at the better business bureau.
a person should NEVER take delivery of a boat unless it's exactly how you want it per the discussions. Unless it's in writting and signed by both parties involved.
I do feel for ya man, but sometimes it happens.

You really do need to post the boat manufacturer and the dealer involved, as others may also eventually run into a problem with them.
I wish you the best.

steve.

p.s. 3k off a boat, is a NOT a pro-staff deal. It's a free advertising deal for the boat dealer.

Last edited by steve@scp; 01/19/07 03:18 PM.

www.hydrodynamics-usa.com
info@hydrodynamics-usa.com
903-763-5225
www.s2marine.com
s2marinesales@gmail.com
Blazer Boats, Gambler boats and Legend Craft Boats

Re: Is the Boat Dealer giving me a raw deal? [Re: steve@S2Marine] #1115035 01/19/07 03:23 PM
J
Jman Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
If $3k off of a fully rigged boat represents a ProStaff deal then there are a lot of "pro's" out there. Doesn't sound like you got anything special other than a hassle. Take him to task to get it right, then part company. Doesn't sound like you'd want to continue to be associated with him anyway.

Jim Featherston
Mortgage Loan Officer - NMLS 2509901
Red Diamond Home Loans
PH 972-890-3114
Apply at: RDHLoans.com/Jim
Licensed to Serve Clients in Texas and Florida
Re: Is the Boat Dealer giving me a raw deal? [Re: Jman] #1115074 01/19/07 03:45 PM
PGR Mike Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
BassN,

What is listed on the sales contract with regards to the electronics? That is the most important piece of paper you have in regards to this deal. If the dealer listed the upgrades on the sales contract then you have a no brainer. If the dealer didn't list them on the contract, then you may have a more difficult time getting them to install it.

Re: Is the Boat Dealer giving me a raw deal? [Re: PGR Mike] #1115116 01/19/07 04:11 PM
threeseas Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
sounds like something tracker boating center in lewisville would do ????????????????????????????

THREESEAS
Re: Is the Boat Dealer giving me a raw deal? [Re: threeseas] #1116671 01/20/07 02:03 AM
B
Bass'n Rookie Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
B
Thanks guys, my concern with ratting out the dealer on here is screwing up any chances I have in the future of getting other ProStaff deals or getting a better deal when I buy another boat. Not to say I'd buy it from them, but as stated above, this post will get around. I did screw up the deal by not getting the upgraded unit in writing on the papers. I read back over the papers and the upgade was not part of the deal. The salesman didn't put it on there which is why it all got screwed up in the first place. He said is would be and then it never made it into writing. When I picked up the boat, I was excited about the boat and missed the lack of upgrade until after I'd taken the boat home. I'm going to give them another change to fix it and fix it quickly. This is the second boat I have bought from them and up until now they have been a great dealer and always taken care of me and my boats. So if $3K is low for a ProStaff deal, what's average for a ProStaff deal, because I may be going to the dealer owner and asking for some of my $$ back.

I've alreay called the fish finder manufacturer and they pointed me back to the boat dealer. I try calling the boat maker to see what they have to say. I have the name and number of the Texas Rep for the company, and have left him a voice mail to call me back so we'll see where that goes.

Last edited by Bass'n Rookie; 01/20/07 02:07 AM.
Re: Is the Boat Dealer giving me a raw deal? [Re: Bass'n Rookie] #1117119 01/20/07 08:50 AM
OldFrog Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
NO offense...but you should have put it in writing. My guess is a good , young, aggressive lawyer that is willing to run up the dealer's legal fees with interoggatories and such can maybe get you a decent settlement. But without an enforceable contract, it'll be tough. I would manufacture an ad on my computer....print ready. One that you can run in the newspaper. Dont slander the dealer, but state your case, and how you felt you've been treated. ( your FEELINGS are NOT slander, by the way) Send the dealer a copy with a note: "I will run this ad over and over again unless you contact me to resolve this issue within 5 days. It's not only about money with me any longer...it's about principle...and informing the public as to how you run your business...so make it easy on yourself. And by the way...I NEVER bluff."

But if you do, by all means follow through with it. It's called guerilla warfare. Wear him down....bit by bit.

Now, Donald...please pick John Bolton for your running mate.
Re: Is the Boat Dealer giving me a raw deal? [Re: OldFrog] #1117145 01/20/07 11:14 AM
L
Leonardo Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Welcome to the Forum, BR......Sounds like a tough case. I like the "Thomas Jefferson" aproach. Make a list (write yourself a story in terms of the sequence of events, i.e. times, dates, people, etc. and what your sense of reasonable expectation is...)and present it to the Dealer principal in person, without an attitude.(LOL)

Entertain the worst case scenario and go up from there.

There is always small claims court. Do your homework, and be prepared to present facts as you know them.

Good Luck to you Sir!

Take someone you love Fishing...
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide