Forums59
Topics1,038,947
Posts13,956,220
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Does your Expensive Graph Really Catch you more Fish? [Re: RangerBass21] #11160087 10/13/15 12:29 AM
Mayo Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: RangerBass21
I'm gonna have to disagree and say no it doesn't.

Any particular reason or reasons why?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Does your Expensive Graph Really Catch you more Fish? [Re: Jay Kendrick] #11160103 10/13/15 12:37 AM
Mayo Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: Jay Kendrick
It absolutely, without a doubt helps me and my customers catch more fish. Anything that makes you more efficient on the water gives you an advantage, which in essence, helps you catch more fish.

How many times in an outing do you scan an area before fishing? And how many times do you not even get your line wet once done scanning? I'm only asking you because you guide and put a lot of time on the water. I can't imagine you saying to your client, " well let's try here it looks pretty good."

To the naked eye....

Re: Does your Expensive Graph Really Catch you more Fish? [Re: ChrisPowellFishing] #11160104 10/13/15 12:37 AM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
I've got good eyes and 597's I bought used for $200 each.....tuned by Slade....pictures as good as any just smaller..... And they do help me catch more fish....especially off shore

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Does your Expensive Graph Really Catch you more Fish? [Re: ChrisPowellFishing] #11160149 10/13/15 12:54 AM
K
Kevin Bryant Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
100% yes. It definitely doesn't hurt anything.

MBC & Associates, LLC
Specialty Commercial Construction & Asset Management
Roofing Project Manager and Moisture Consultant
Certified Infrared Thermographer
IRMS & HAAG Certified Inspector
C: (214) 289-2601
Re: Does your Expensive Graph Really Catch you more Fish? [Re: ChrisPowellFishing] #11160188 10/13/15 01:10 AM
B
Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B

First if you buy one it doesn't just magically make you a better fisherman, you have to spend the time learning it and finding the spots. I have had way more luck finding fish off shore and really dialing in when I find them with a good si unit. I was still catching them deep before, but spent way more time figuring them out. I will never have another boat now without at least 1 good graph. This sack of fish was caught in less than 30 minutes in one spot that I had fished a thousand times before without a good graph. After I idled it with a good graph I noticed a small ridge running about 15ft across and the fish were stacked up on it. I may have lucked into one of them without a good graph, but I doubt I would have had the whole bag off this one spot. Imo it's probably the best investment on the boat besides a tm.

Re: Does your Expensive Graph Really Catch you more Fish? [Re: ChrisPowellFishing] #11160194 10/13/15 01:12 AM
Darold Gleason, T-bend Guide Offline
Angler
Angler
Absolutely.

South Toledo Bend Guide Service, Toyota Bonus Bucks, Carhartt, LEER, V&M Lures, Phoenix, Mercury, 6th Sense Lures, Falcon, Sunline, Costa
www.gleasonfishing.com
Re: Does your Expensive Graph Really Catch you more Fish? [Re: ChrisPowellFishing] #11160242 10/13/15 01:31 AM
R
roblo101 Offline
Angler
Angler
R
Good question
I'm about to start looking for me one or two good used ones.
My dad fished the banks an I was raised beating the banks. We've had good an bad days,
but I've read so many that does fish offshore an a lot of ppl that is learning to, using there
graphs.
Figure with the economy the way it is, Be better for me to locate some good used ones.
And like some have said, learn how to use them proper, and they should really help

Skeeter/Yamaha and Love to feel something on the other end!! Lol
Re: Does your Expensive Graph Really Catch you more Fish? [Re: ChrisPowellFishing] #11160297 10/13/15 01:51 AM
W
WillieKetchum Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
Here's you a pretty good start on a new one at a used price.

Re: Does your Expensive Graph Really Catch you more Fish? [Re: ChrisPowellFishing] #11160330 10/13/15 02:04 AM
airforcefishin Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I learn how to read mine better every time I go out and I would say yes it is helping with out question.

Do it, you will see and find things you did not before.

This is the trick that is teaching me best on how to use it. Run all three screens at same time. DI SI and Sonar. You will start to figure things out pretty quick with the 3 different views.

Once you know what you are looking at like Brad stated, you can start pinpointing your cast and boat positioning on things.

Hope this helps with your decision. I am no expert with this stuff by any means still learning a lot but thought I would help.

Re: Does your Expensive Graph Really Catch you more Fish? [Re: Mayo] #11160339 10/13/15 02:06 AM
Jay Kendrick Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Mayo
It absolutely, without a doubt helps me and my customers catch more fish. Anything that makes you more efficient on the water gives you an advantage, which in essence, helps you catch more fish.

How many times in an outing do you scan an area before fishing? And how many times do you not even get your line wet once done scanning? I'm only asking you because you guide and put a lot of time on the water. I can't imagine you saying to your client, " well let's try here it looks pretty good."

To the naked eye....

Good question.
In the summer months or whenever i'm on a deep water pattern I won't fish a spot if I don't see them on my electronics, and if I do see them I still won't fish them if they're not set up right. Just because you find them on your graph doesn't mean you can catch them. I watch people burn hours sitting on spots where the fish aren't set up where they will bite.

Another misconception I think a lot of people make is that electronics are only a tool for finding fish in deep water. I've used side imaging and down imaging to find fish in less than 5 ft of water. SO instead of having to waste time fishing unproductive water, I can mark where they are in shallow drains and ditches and cast to them. Like I said earlier it's all about being more efficient.

Last edited by Jay Kendrick; 10/13/15 02:12 AM.

Re: Does your Expensive Graph Really Catch you more Fish? [Re: ChrisPowellFishing] #11160343 10/13/15 02:07 AM
R
RL206 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
I've graphed structure several times and never saw a fish, but fished it anyway and caught some nice fish, for that reason, I don't trust them enough to move on just because I didn't mark fish. If a spot looks good I'm fishing it, even if it shows no fish.

Re: Does your Expensive Graph Really Catch you more Fish? [Re: ChrisPowellFishing] #11160346 10/13/15 02:08 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Its the best $3000 temp gauge I have ever bought.... roflmao

In all seriousness they are great tools and will help anyone that puts the time and effort to learn how to use them.

Re: Does your Expensive Graph Really Catch you more Fish? [Re: Jay Kendrick] #11160390 10/13/15 02:31 AM
Mayo Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

To the naked eye....

Good question.
In the summer months or whenever i'm on a deep water pattern I won't fish a spot if I don't see them on my electronics, and if I do see them I still won't fish them if they're not set up right. Just because you find them on your graph doesn't mean you can catch them. I watch people burn hours sitting on spots where the fish aren't set up where they will bite.

Another misconception I think a lot of people make is that electronics are only a tool for finding fish in deep water. I've used side imaging and down imaging to find fish in less than 5 ft of water. SO instead of having to waste time fishing unproductive water, I can mark where they are in shallow drains and ditches and cast to them. Like I said earlier it's all about being more efficient.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I use mine in both deep and shallow water. I've only had mine a few months now and believe I've come along pretty good in that time. Luckily there's a lot of info on the web and this forum is loaded with goodies. I'd like to know if you don't mind what exactly you meant when you say the way fish setup. I think I have a good idea what you mean. If you could share I promise I won't bother you again lol...

Re: Does your Expensive Graph Really Catch you more Fish? [Re: Mark Perry] #11160399 10/13/15 02:35 AM
Mayo Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

In all seriousness they are great tools and will help anyone that puts the time and effort to learn how to use them.

My console unit will not pick up water temp... Inboard transducer???

Re: Does your Expensive Graph Really Catch you more Fish? [Re: Mayo] #11160402 10/13/15 02:36 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

My console unit will not pick up water temp... Inboard transducer???

SI ducer on jackplate

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide