Re: State Park Police [Re: bluesea112] #10933716 06/22/15 11:44 PM
C
coachallentca Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: bluesea112
I to am floored by the number of folks who would allow a peace officer to search them without probable cause. Ben Franklin said something along these lines, "Those who would give up individual freedoms in exchange for safety deserve neither freedom nor safety. I agree with the old man completely. I am no sheep.

They must have probably cause to stop you. You can ask what you are being stopped for. Don
t give up your rights. Once we start giving up rights they we are doomed. Now I love the police as my dad was one and have many more family in law enforcement so I do support them. IT's a hard job into today's times.

Re: State Park Police [Re: GhostRider32] #10933766 06/23/15 12:16 AM
L
lou_a Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Very well said sirs. Ghostrider, blusea, and gmbryant are correct. We should never allow anyone to usurp our 4th amendment rights. Always be respectful, but stand up for your rights without being a jerk about it.

Re: State Park Police [Re: Duckcreek Davy] #10945041 06/28/15 06:41 PM
R
Rockdodger00 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
+1 and I'm thankful for the LEOs of every jurisdiction, out protecting our parks, waterways, natural resources & state park lands, keeping it safe.

Re: State Park Police [Re: bush hog] #10949919 07/01/15 12:08 AM
J
Jim Ford Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
GhostRider32 said: "I saw a split picture about 6 months ago that is truly revealing. It was a caption of 2 police officers. On the left side of the page there was an eighty's era cop with a .38, handcuffs, and a smile. He was there to help. On the right side there was a cop with full body armor, balaclava (for hiding the face), MP5, taser, etc..... He was there to kick your door in. The simple caption was: What the heck happened?"

Actually, what happened is that our society has evolved. But before I point out the changes, I have to ask: are you representing that officer 'with full body armor, balaclava (for hiding the face), MP5, taser, etc.....' as the patrol officer dealing with routine calls for service, or as the tactical team member running a high-risk warrant or tactical response? Because if you are misrepresenting the facts, then your point is based on a lie, and therefore invalid. There's too much lying to advance agendas going on today. The answers lie in truth, not hysterics and lies. Leave the lying to the politicians and the mainstream media.

In the eighties a lot of cops got killed because they weren't trained or equipped to deal with hazardous situations. Read your history, it's replete with situations where law enforcement was outgunned and outequipped to deal with hostage rescues, narcolabs, well-organized robberies, and the like. We learned from our mistakes, and we developed tactics and weapons systems to prevail. Law enforcement's mission is to keep our society safe, not to stomp everyone's freedoms into the dirt. If every cop you see is engaged in a tactical raid, perhaps you need to move. Or seek another lifestyle?????? I have yet to see a law enforcement agency where all of the officers are SWAT gods 24/7, and deal with the public accordingly. Do you actually believe that American law enforcement is all about treading on society's freedoms, or are you just another lying POS who is not afraid to misrepresent the facts to advance a flawed agenda? Please tell me; I don't want to waste my time on someone who refuses to stay with the truth. If you've been misled perhaps I can offer you some insights into the truth.........

Cops screw up. Cops turn dirty. Cops act on bad information. But the fact that mistakes are made, and that some cops go bad, doesn't mean that all cops are bad. If you don't like the laws, blame the ELECTED LEGISLATORS who passed them, not the cops who have to enforce them. If you want to hold all cops accountable for the bad acts of a few, the you should hold all blacks accountable for the black crooks, and all hispanics accountable for the hispanic crooks, and all whites accountable for the white crooks, and all car salesmen accountable for the car salesmen who are crooks........ Is your agenda starting to look a little stupid now? Sorta like a double standard?

Most cops are the kind of person you want them to be. They don't like crooked, unethical, unprofessional cops any more than anyone else. Most cops are proud of the job they do, and resent having their reputations tarnished by bad cops. But when every zipperhead who gets caught doing something wrong is screaming about "crooked cops!!!", and those claims eventually get disproved, they make it just that much harder to get rid of the bad cops. After over thirty years of law enforcement, I can tell you that the vast majority of police misconduct claims are eventually proved to be lies generated by crooks trying to get out of trouble. With that kind of record, it's very difficult to weed out bad cops; the people who investigate these things have seen it over and over.

And here comes GhostRider32; either an extremely naive person being manipulated, or a blatant liar, telling America that today's cop is a thug dedicated to eradicating the Constitution, just so he can........... what? What would the cop gain from doing that?

So GhostRider32, my challenge to you is this: Show us all how all of law enforcement is dedicated to trampling your rights. Use facts, not hysterical babbling from the radical extremes. Convince me that I am all wrong, USING VERIFIABLE FACTS. Otherwise, crawl back in your hole and STFU. I've dedicated a large portion of my life to helping people, and I'm getting a bit tired of morons who don't have the sense God gave a goose telling me how morally bereft I am, just because they were gullible enough to read it on some dissident's website. Try being part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Re: State Park Police [Re: Jim Ford] #10950037 07/01/15 12:55 AM
BigRM Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
Well said! I will add one statement to think about "Try walking one day in most LEO's shoes, most of the time it is not pleasant!

Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway
Re: State Park Police [Re: Fritz423] #10950342 07/01/15 03:18 AM
9094 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Fritz423
It's scary how many folks think that it's smart to allow government to check their papers without suspicion of any wrongdoing. "I've got nothing to hide" is a poor rationale.

If a police officer witnesses somebody poaching-absolutely, go get 'em.

But just stopping someone to check their papers smacks of Nazi Germany. The argument you might find a wanted criminal could apply to anyone walking down the street.

Wow paranoid a little?
Nazi Germany, I don't think so.

Re: State Park Police [Re: bush hog] #10950479 07/01/15 06:33 AM
F
Fritz423 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
I'm paranoid when I see people justify the actions of police acting as our masters and not our servants. You better believe our forefathers didn't write the Constitution to protect the police.

They wrote it to protect the people from the police.

Wishin' I was fishin', and dreaming of beer
Re: State Park Police [Re: bush hog] #10950594 07/01/15 12:17 PM
J
Jim Ford Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
Hey Fritz, where do you live that the police routinely stop people and 'ask for their papers' for no reason? Just curious, didn't know that it was like that anywhere in Texas. I'll bet the police run the courts there too, so when they pick some poor schmuck out of the crowd to persecute for no reason, they can guarantee that he goes to one of their concentration camps.

Or maybe they just didn't clear everything through you first, and your delicate sensitivities got bent because you weren't in the loop?

It ain't the police you need to fear; it's some of the morons that chuckleheads like you have helped elect. It's time to wake up and smell the coffee.......

Re: State Park Police [Re: Fritz423] #10951132 07/01/15 04:08 PM
9094 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Fritz423
I'm paranoid when I see people justify the actions of police acting as our masters and not our servants. You better believe our forefathers didn't write the Constitution to protect the police.

They wrote it to protect the people from the police.

Man you need to reread the Constitution. They wrote it to protect the people from the government itself. It had nothing to do with the police. People like you amaze me, you say carp like this then are the first ones to cry when the police don't get there in time to protect you. Tell you what next time you need some help or feel threatened call a drinking buddy. See how much that helps you.
You know back in 1930s there were a lot of guys named Fritz that were spewing this stuff in Germany so the Nazi's could take over. History has a sequence of events and the stuff you are spewing came before the Gestapo.

Believe it or not it is not an infringement on your rights for a LEO to ask to see your DL if you are driving a car whether you are speeding or not and it is not against your rights to ask to see your fishing license if you are fishing. Driving and fishing are not rights they are privileges of which as adults we are required to purchase a permit or license to take part in. So it is part of the LEO's job to make sure you have the proper permits. They only way to know if you have them is to ask to see them. This is not the same as asking for your birth certificate or "papers" as you call them.
I'm not LEO but I also know that they are not out to take away our rights or antagonize law abiding people.

Last edited by 9094; 07/01/15 04:10 PM.
Re: State Park Police [Re: Jim Ford] #10951229 07/01/15 04:49 PM
G
GhostRider32 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
Originally Posted By: Jim Ford
GhostRider32 said: "I saw a split picture about 6 months ago that is truly revealing. It was a caption of 2 police officers. On the left side of the page there was an eighty's era cop with a .38, handcuffs, and a smile. He was there to help. On the right side there was a cop with full body armor, balaclava (for hiding the face), MP5, taser, etc..... He was there to kick your door in. The simple caption was: What the heck happened?"

Actually, what happened is that our society has evolved. But before I point out the changes, I have to ask: are you representing that officer 'with full body armor, balaclava (for hiding the face), MP5, taser, etc.....' as the patrol officer dealing with routine calls for service, or as the tactical team member running a high-risk warrant or tactical response? Because if you are misrepresenting the facts, then your point is based on a lie, and therefore invalid. There's too much lying to advance agendas going on today. The answers lie in truth, not hysterics and lies. Leave the lying to the politicians and the mainstream media.

In the eighties a lot of cops got killed because they weren't trained or equipped to deal with hazardous situations. Read your history, it's replete with situations where law enforcement was outgunned and outequipped to deal with hostage rescues, narcolabs, well-organized robberies, and the like. We learned from our mistakes, and we developed tactics and weapons systems to prevail. Law enforcement's mission is to keep our society safe, not to stomp everyone's freedoms into the dirt. If every cop you see is engaged in a tactical raid, perhaps you need to move. Or seek another lifestyle?????? I have yet to see a law enforcement agency where all of the officers are SWAT gods 24/7, and deal with the public accordingly. Do you actually believe that American law enforcement is all about treading on society's freedoms, or are you just another lying POS who is not afraid to misrepresent the facts to advance a flawed agenda? Please tell me; I don't want to waste my time on someone who refuses to stay with the truth. If you've been misled perhaps I can offer you some insights into the truth.........

Cops screw up. Cops turn dirty. Cops act on bad information. But the fact that mistakes are made, and that some cops go bad, doesn't mean that all cops are bad. If you don't like the laws, blame the ELECTED LEGISLATORS who passed them, not the cops who have to enforce them. If you want to hold all cops accountable for the bad acts of a few, the you should hold all blacks accountable for the black crooks, and all hispanics accountable for the hispanic crooks, and all whites accountable for the white crooks, and all car salesmen accountable for the car salesmen who are crooks........ Is your agenda starting to look a little stupid now? Sorta like a double standard?

Most cops are the kind of person you want them to be. They don't like crooked, unethical, unprofessional cops any more than anyone else. Most cops are proud of the job they do, and resent having their reputations tarnished by bad cops. But when every zipperhead who gets caught doing something wrong is screaming about "crooked cops!!!", and those claims eventually get disproved, they make it just that much harder to get rid of the bad cops. After over thirty years of law enforcement, I can tell you that the vast majority of police misconduct claims are eventually proved to be lies generated by crooks trying to get out of trouble. With that kind of record, it's very difficult to weed out bad cops; the people who investigate these things have seen it over and over.

And here comes GhostRider32; either an extremely naive person being manipulated, or a blatant liar, telling America that today's cop is a thug dedicated to eradicating the Constitution, just so he can........... what? What would the cop gain from doing that?

So GhostRider32, my challenge to you is this: Show us all how all of law enforcement is dedicated to trampling your rights. Use facts, not hysterical babbling from the radical extremes. Convince me that I am all wrong, USING VERIFIABLE FACTS. Otherwise, crawl back in your hole and STFU. I've dedicated a large portion of my life to helping people, and I'm getting a bit tired of morons who don't have the sense God gave a goose telling me how morally bereft I am, just because they were gullible enough to read it on some dissident's website. Try being part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Typical reaction of a cop with a hostile "you must submit attitude." Since you demand proof, I'll use your words since anything you say can and will be used against you. I simply made a post about how too many people give up their rights because "they have nothing to hide" and you, a cop who wants to use your position of authority, tries to badger me into doing what you want me to do. You want me to submit to your authority and meet your demands of proving something to you. Humm, kind of like I said in my earlier post,

"When people simply show ID because you have "nothing to hide", you are giving away your right of innocent until proven guilty to I must prove I'm innocent or they will assume I'm guilty."

What I said is correct, that I must prove to you my intent or you will assume that I had nefarious intentions with what I said. Thank you for proving my point.

I can only imagine what type of cop you are. I can only imagine what a 10 mph over traffic stop with you would be like. You, to my knowledge have never met me, yet accuse me of and I quote "either an extremely naive person being manipulated, or a blatant liar, telling America that today's cop is a thug dedicated to eradicating the Constitution, just so he can........... what?"

Is this the way you treat all of the people you come into contact with, by berating them with insults when you simply don't have all of the facts or have a difference of opinion?

You have bloviated about how most cops are good people and only have intentions of serving the people and keeping the public safe and protecting their rights yet rail on me for simply exercising my first amendment rights to free speech, that evidently you didn't agree with. I guess people only have rights in your mind when you agree with what they say.....

You openly admit that some cops are good, some turn bad, make mistakes, etc...... We totally agree. The problem is that most people believe that the good cops won't report the bad cops for whatever reason and if the bad cop did actually do something worthy of firing, the police union which happens to be made up of current or former cops, will save their job.

If it wasn't so sad, it would almost be comical that you were able to read all of the things that you did into my post and have no idea what you are talking about. You accuse me of being a lying POS with an agenda and either an extremely naive person being manipulated, or a blatant liar. You demand that I prove to you what you want to see or I am somehow hysterically babbling or a radical extreme. You want me to convince you that you are wrong, USING VERIFIABLE FACTS, otherwise, I should as you put it, crawl back in my hole and STFU, which you capitalized to show superiority and authority. This is so typical of a person who for whatever reason feels the need to lord over someone and can't stand dissent when they have a different opinion.

You finish your post by telling the world how morally superior you are to the rest of use since you've helped people for most of your life and how I don't have the sense God gave a goose because evidently I have an opinion that differs from yours.

The most ironic thing about this is that:
I've never been arrested or even accused of a crime and haven't had a traffic ticket in over 25 years and,
one of my best friends has been a cop for 20 years and I support him totally. Of course, he is totally opposite of you. I've never seen him condescending, arrogant, or hostile to anyone in 20 years.

In picture I described, he is the 80's cop with a smile and you are the current cop with a hidden face, body armor and MP5 wanting to kick someones door in.

Re: State Park Police [Re: bush hog] #10951401 07/01/15 06:07 PM
J
Jim Ford Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
Well, gee, GhostRider, that's all very interesting and I'm sure your friends all enjoyed it, but you kinda missed your shot at justifying your stance. Like I said, we need some facts, not hysterical rants. Try again.

Re: State Park Police [Re: bush hog] #10951462 07/01/15 06:33 PM
G
GhostRider32 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
Sarcasm only belittles your position. Your demeanor gives the indication of being the little kid in high school who was picked on and decided to be a cop to "show them". Your remarks and insults have only strengthened many people's opinion of cops in general which is sad because not all cops are like you. Some are generous, kind, happy and have the ability to communicate with others without using insults.

I don't have to justify anything. You're still in "big bad cop mode" and expect me to follow your orders. It makes no difference to me what you think as you're the one trying to justify your life as a cop, not me. If you need facts, look in the mirror. I'm not beholden to you in any way.

I truly hope you don't go to work this week with this attitude and injure someone. I truly hope you get a much needed psych evaluation and determine the root cause of this anger. I can't imagine getting up every day this angry at people who simply have a difference of opinion with me.

Re: State Park Police [Re: bush hog] #10951492 07/01/15 06:46 PM
361V Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
"When people simply show ID because you have "nothing to hide", you are giving away your right of innocent until proven guilty to I must prove I'm innocent or they will assume I'm guilty."
??????How is showing your ID when it is requested from law enforcement making you guilty of anything. This post has exposed more ignorance than any in a long time. Entertaining though. Kind of like turning on Honey Boo Boo or Jerry Springer.

Re: State Park Police [Re: bush hog] #10951503 07/01/15 06:51 PM
J
Jim Ford Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
Well folks, I guess GhostRider can't provide any facts to put me in my place. Debate over.........

Re: State Park Police [Re: bush hog] #10951527 07/01/15 07:02 PM
G
GhostRider32 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
If we had been debating, I would have been in a battle of wits with an unarmed man...... The fact that you try to bring other "folks" into your point to "win" shows your true weakness.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide