Forums59
Topics1,040,771
Posts13,987,305
Members144,242
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Reproduction of Blue Catfish Vs Large Mouth Bass [Re: Blues] #10736110 03/31/15 04:23 PM
B
BankAngler50 Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted By: Blues
I've broke 4 lake records, shattered one by over 20lbs, and didn't turn any of them in. I don't want people knowing what lakes are pumping out big fish for me. I agree with Tom very very little can be taken away from just looking at posted lake records. Tpwd surveys on one of these lakes is way off as well.

Fish stories are just that fish stories, don't expect me to believe any of it.

If the fish are in the water someone will catch it and turn them in for the record. A healthy fisheries will also have good number of large fish that are approaching the record size. People will catch them.

Per lake Lewisville, I said it before in another thread, not just catfish, white bass, hybrid bass, all come out, small, long and skinny, definitely not a sign of healthy fisheries.

But the lake records are the strongest evidence on how fish grow at the upper end of the scale. For a lake that produced a 90 lb flathead, 63# is at about midsized for blue catfish, yet no one broke that record for 15 years.

Fish stories like yours fluctuate as wide as the grand Canyon, there are stories that fisheries are in decline throughout texas (even at Tawakoni) at one extreme end, and there are stories that a guy catch lake records 20-30 times in last 4 months on the other extreme end. I'll take anecdotal fish stories with a few grains of salt.

Why do I go fishing? To catch a box of fish and/or some quality time under the sun. Thank Heaven I never fail fishing in Texas, catching box fish or plenty of sunburn.
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Reproduction of Blue Catfish Vs Large Mouth Bass [Re: BankAngler50] #10736156 03/31/15 04:43 PM
S
steveiam Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Bankfisher-welcome to my ignore button-you are not the least bit interesting to me with your thoughts on this matter-enjoy your turmoil-
Bye-

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Reproduction of Blue Catfish Vs Large Mouth Bass [Re: BankAngler50] #10736810 03/31/15 09:22 PM
F
flat1 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
The world needs ditch diggers too!!

Re: Reproduction of Blue Catfish Vs Large Mouth Bass [Re: BankAngler50] #10736823 03/31/15 09:27 PM
F
flat1 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
Is there a delete button for people who just want to argue and try to talk down to people?

Re: Reproduction of Blue Catfish Vs Large Mouth Bass [Re: flat1] #10740580 04/02/15 01:49 PM
B
BankAngler50 Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted By: flat1
Is there a delete button for people who just want to argue and try to talk down to people?

You posted 4 times in this thread all of them I have ignored because there is nothing constructive or relevant in them. Why don't you invite yourself out of my thread? Unless, you have some relevant things to say, then by all means state your points intelligently.

Why do I go fishing? To catch a box of fish and/or some quality time under the sun. Thank Heaven I never fail fishing in Texas, catching box fish or plenty of sunburn.
Re: Reproduction of Blue Catfish Vs Large Mouth Bass [Re: BankAngler50] #10740739 04/02/15 02:51 PM
F
flat1 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
Well let's see.....I posted a thread with a petition on it and you joined the forum just to go on a thread looking for support to a worthy cause just to bash it and tell people how wrong it is. I (as I think most did)considered your ramblings as closed minded needless verbal vomit. Now, you see why I put dumb comments on yours? If you can't take your own medicine perhaps you shouldn't give it. Your "thoughts" are nothing more than copy and paste articles that mean nothing for conservation. Rather the thought of "there are plenty of fish today, so they will he there forever."

Re: Reproduction of Blue Catfish Vs Large Mouth Bass [Re: flat1] #10740839 04/02/15 03:32 PM
B
BankAngler50 Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted By: flat1
Well let's see.....I posted a thread with a petition on it and you joined the forum just to go on a thread looking for support to a worthy cause just to bash it and tell people how wrong it is. I (as I think most did)considered your ramblings as closed minded needless verbal vomit. Now, you see why I put dumb comments on yours? If you can't take your own medicine perhaps you shouldn't give it. Your "thoughts" are nothing more than copy and paste articles that mean nothing for conservation. Rather the thought of "there are plenty of fish today, so they will he there forever."

If you disagree you can state your view intelligently, and provide support to back up your points of views.

Re: Reproduction of Blue Catfish Vs Large Mouth Bass [Re: BankAngler50] #10740880 04/02/15 03:48 PM
F
flat1 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
There is no use trying to get someone like you to listen to anything. I get better listening from my basset hound. That is all. Closed minded ignorance is free. That is my last statement to you ever. Have a nice time ranting.

Re: Reproduction of Blue Catfish Vs Large Mouth Bass [Re: BankAngler50] #10740938 04/02/15 04:11 PM
J
jodyray Offline
Angler
Angler
J
bankfisher50,i want to thank you for posting this thread,but as u can see, no matter what you try and tell some of these cpr people (that condemn my rights as a fisherman) , you will never get thur their one way minded thinking that its okay to eat a 50# fish out of taw.

Re: Reproduction of Blue Catfish Vs Large Mouth Bass [Re: jodyray] #10742091 04/03/15 12:29 AM
B
BankAngler50 Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted By: jodyray
bankfisher50,i want to thank you for posting this thread,but as u can see, no matter what you try and tell some of these cpr people (that condemn my rights as a fisherman) , you will never get thur their one way minded thinking that its okay to eat a 50# fish out of taw.

You are quite welcome sir, I'm sorry that those misguided (pun intended )catfish vigilantes said those unkind words to you especially those who questioned how you raise your children, those vigilantes remind me of the the Talibans. But as you said in your post you had done nothing wrong. Just keep taking those kids fishing, enjoy your fish as you have. Don't worry about those cpr people, it's just a carried over culture from bass fishing which does not apply to blue catfish and that is the main point of this thread. Keep fishing sir, the science is on your side, the law is on your side. Don't let mean people ruin paradise, BTW, fish were biting yesterday.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide