Forums59
Topics1,040,590
Posts13,984,006
Members144,241
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10658568 03/01/15 05:53 PM
Bobcat1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Tommy Ezell
Exactly my opinion. Always well spoken sir.

Here's typically what I post in a place I know it'll help and will not be negatively responded to.

Lake Tawokani Report

Now that the tourney is over I figure I can share what I found. We caught nice fish throughout prefish but the wind and mother nature beat us on tourney day.

We caught fish from the dam to the bridge. Fish caught on the dam were caught just off the bottom in 25 - 35'. Fish off the creek channel where suspended at 25' and the fish caught at the bridge were suspended 3' off the bottom near the creek channels.

As it warmed a few days we decided to look shallow. First drop another 2# fish gave it up in 6' of water. After this northern blows through there will be a hard push into the shallows. Focus on banks with sand shoreline.

Fish seemed to prefer white pearl or neon green Bonehead "Stump Bugs". I had tandem jigs set 2' apart while fishing bridge columns and deep timber.

I hope this helps for anyone wanting to fish it soon. The next time we have a couple of warm days it'll be on at Twak. The lake is low. I launched from all three open ramps recently so if there are any questions just ask.

Had a blast on Tawokani with good friends.

For the love of crappie info, please do not post that place you post this info on here.

Bobby Barnett

Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10658588 03/01/15 05:59 PM
Tommy Ezell Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler

Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10658670 03/01/15 06:38 PM
Tommy Ezell Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler

The reason for this thread for me was to find out the opinions of others and if they were content with the information provided or if they were growing as anglers. It seems many are content. I'm however left unsatisfied. I understand the forum wasn't made to fit my needs. Now that I understand the needs are being met of others I intend to find something that fits my expectations a bit better. That's all. No biggie.

I appreciate all that gave their opinion.

To the gentleman that had the bad CAT experience. My time with CAT has been pretty darn good. I'm not sure what happened at the meeting you attended but I'd like to invite you to meet me at another meeting if you'd like? There is sharing going on as detailed as my report above. CAT has definitely made me a better fisherman.

Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10658680 03/01/15 06:41 PM
C
cephusjoe Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
I prefer knowledge based threads.... Lake reports, tackle/equipment reviews. I do like pictures also, pictures of people having a good time with friends and family, kids, big crappie, (special moments I guess that I would consider pic worthy). This is very opinionated post by the way. I can normally scroll to or past the threads that I think are what im looking for by the poster or subject. Most of the threads I post are question based and I always get great responses from good guys.

Mcurtain county okie
Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10658754 03/01/15 07:17 PM
C
cellis Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C
I don't remember a hard and fast rule about sharing information about fishing trips, but there was a sort of gentleman's agreement about sharing, lake, depth, lure, conditions and that sort of thing in a straightforward manner, like Tommy's post above. That used to happen regularly. Some people still share that way, but you might have to sift through a lot of threads to find it.

Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: cephusjoe] #10658764 03/01/15 07:23 PM
texsam Offline
Angler
Angler
tommy;s post is the type of info I sighed up for.Iam not going to pull my boat out of cedar creek and run totawok,
but I will try do the prep, and ability to adjust to my fishing . no lake x depth y bait z selfies

SAE
Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10658859 03/01/15 08:00 PM
C
crappieking95 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
I really don't post too much anymore, especially on my fishing trips.. It seems like there are more people expecting you to tell you exactly where you caught your fish then it used to. I understand about sharing info about dept etc but if the fisherman wants to keep his honey hole a secret you should respect that...

Philippians 4:13
Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10658924 03/01/15 08:25 PM
S
Squeaky Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
I used to post on this forum quite a bit... and I have met some great people over the years, and learned a great deal of information about how to fish for Crappie. I'm sure there are others who I would be honored to meet and fish with...BUT..
I have gotten where I don't like to read it so much any more... because of all of the silliness that goes on...
I have heard the same from quite a few of my buddies as well...
When I do get on here... I pick through what I want to read... and the rest gets ignored.
Sometimes though... It's hard to ignore it... when it's every other post.
I have found other places and people to get the information I would like to see.... OH well...S.H.'s
There is no reason to post anymore... If i want a comedy show... I'll turn on the TV.
I do still read the jig-tying forum quite a bit... so I can keep up with the trends...Those guys are straight forward...with not much Bull Dookie!

Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10658925 03/01/15 08:26 PM
S
SK. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Ha, interesting subject....
Most of y'all fish lakes north of where I fish, there's another board I visit frequently & like some here use to post lots & lots of info.
That came to a halt for me when I had folks that only read the info on that board, decided "hey he's catchn lotsa crappie lets follow him", those folks don't give anything don't even make any post just go there to try'n find "spots" to fish or should I say toss there anchor & set out their corks (nothin against minner chasers) but then when I go to fish that spot guess what they are anchored up there. Few times them fishn that structure their anchor breaks the structure up then it's not worth fishn.
I had a few guys around me just yestdy same area guess what they caught aahh few I caught a limit plus, I say that cause "spots" is not the only thing it takes to put fish in the boat.
I'm very open to help anyone either through pm's or on the lake at least speak before you want to get beside me & yes most don't!
That's one kinda bent pole fisherman, then you have the one that does speak, saves everywhere he sees you on his gps, may go there & catch a few then post his catch along with almost giving tha gps cords in his post on the www. Guess what strike those spots off your list too!
Hopefully no one takes this the wrong way but this subject has been discussed several times on the other board I'm on.
The reason I participant on these boards is I love's talkn bout fishn & huntn....
We can do that without gps cords!!! cheers

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Check Out SK's CRAPPIE Catching Adventures on YouTube....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting
Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Squeaky] #10658960 03/01/15 08:39 PM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
Originally Posted By: Squeaky
I used to post on this forum quite a bit... and I have met some great people over the years, and learned a great deal of information about how to fish for Crappie. I'm sure there are others who I would be honored to meet and fish with...BUT..
I have gotten where I don't like to read it so much any more... because of all of the silliness that goes on...
I have heard the same from quite a few of my buddies as well...
When I do get on here... I pick through what I want to read... and the rest gets ignored.
Sometimes though... It's hard to ignore it... when it's every other post.
I have found other places and people to get the information I would like to see.... OH well...S.H.'s
There is no reason to post anymore... If i want a comedy show... I'll turn on the TV.
I do still read the jig-tying forum quite a bit... so I can keep up with the trends...Those guys are straight forward...with not much Bull Dookie!

+1 thumb

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10659029 03/01/15 09:15 PM
P
passinthru Offline
Angler
Angler
P
Local reports and useful product information. Have not been a member long but have been reading this forum for quite a while. I feel like the information I have picked up on this site has been time well spent. I tend to spend my time on the water trying to pull crappie out of standing timber on raybob so I never paid as much attention to gps cords as I do water depth and general areas of the lake. More than happy to share info.

Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10659065 03/01/15 09:31 PM
T
TR176 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
I wish somebody to post "IT IS ON" about LL.

I have had a positive experience at CAT, never heard anything negative. The ride along at Fork, and the recent extravaganza were the best. I am by nature quiet which I am sure is sometimes seen as being unfriendly, and I used to work an awful schedule. I have been on guided trips with two who post on here, and both times it was a productive, learning experience each time. I do not expect detailed reports on here. I hope to be helpful with my posts in the future when I get this electronics thing down. And,

While I'm wishing I would like CC to fill up so I can go dock shooting.

David

Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10659071 03/01/15 09:33 PM
jcarring99 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I honestly don't care if someone doesn't tell the lake. I really don't blame them. Back when there were 10,000 members it wasn't as big of a deal now that it's closing in on 100k members plus all the lurkers. It is nice to hear about depth, baits, structures etc though.

Joel Carrington
214-770-7978
email: joel@carringtonroofingdfw.com
Carrington Roofing & Construction, LLC
For financing click: https://app.gethearth.com/partners/carrington-roofing-construction-llc/joel
www.carringtonconstructiondfw.com
Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10659121 03/01/15 09:50 PM
L
larry mays Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
I think fishing techniques would be big. Maybe to take the way 4-5 fishmen, and use what you think is best of their ways. I don't any of us has it all right.

Last edited by larry mays; 03/01/15 10:20 PM.
Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: PKfishin] #10659141 03/01/15 09:56 PM
DFW-fisherman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: PKfishin
Same thing people used to get at ole time boat dock. You know, the place where they rented a boat for $20 and sold minners for 50 cents a dozen.

Are they bitin?

What are they bitin on?

Where are they at?

If you watch this forum you can get all those answers.

+1

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide