Forums59
Topics1,039,538
Posts13,966,114
Members144,208
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10658288 03/01/15 03:57 PM
M
Mac817 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
Since I work 6-7 days a week, I come here for information, the bonus is there are people I would like to meet in person to learn more about them and their techniques.

I would rather die finding out there was no God than die finding out there is.
Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10658340 03/01/15 04:18 PM
S
spankyttx Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
i have always thought the crappie section had rules for posting reports with general information, lake,depth,color along with your catch if you chose, i did not know the rules changed to deception and entertainment

LI-SI-WI-NWI
Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Mac817] #10658343 03/01/15 04:19 PM
Bobcat1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Work has changed so I don't post as much anymore. I agree with Stucky about getting info on what where and how. Mucking it up with old friends is done mostly on the cell phones or emails since most of them quit posting 2-3 years back.

Plus I sold my boat so I know nothing anymore. One of my young friends said you have a boat and never take it out. Such a smart young man. Of course at that time even gasoline was a problem and he didn't know that.

Today when I check in I see way too much self promotion. Hard to glean through all the bull feces to get real info.

Bobby Barnett

Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10658352 03/01/15 04:25 PM
C
CrappieTX Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
I personally get on here for product and pics. I find this more informative than a CAT meeting I went to. This CAT meeting I went to, all I learned was who doesn't like who for whatever reason. It was a guide and TFF member bash for me. That's why I won't join. Sometimes it gets that way on here as well. No one knows 100% the life of a crappie. I do see guys getting pissed about it by pleading their cases and don't see them on here anymore. I've been reading this forum for about 10 years and have been a member since 2007. There is a definite decline in information and interest in that time frame.
My 2 cents

Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10658366 03/01/15 04:30 PM
S
Scott in Flower Mound Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
Only been on the site about a year or so. Just got back into fishing after a 30+ year hiatus (getting a job, career, married, kids, etc.).

I came here / come here to:

1. 'Re-learn' stuff I have long forgotten about fishing. Also to learn new techniques and tools that are in use today (e.g., lures, line, rods, reels, terminal tackle, etc.).

2. Learn more about the fishing spots I currently live close to, but have never fished before last year.

3. Learn about the seasonality of the fishing cycles in my area.

4. Make a few friends..hopefully some to fish with. Unfortunately, my family doesn't have the fishing bug that I have, so I need to find others that share my interest and enthusiasm in the sport.

5. Humor and fellowship. I've seen some negative, attack-oriented posts on both the bass forum and the crappie forum lately. I have no time for those people. Let them be miserable without me. I just move on when I can, and keep it positive, and friendly.

6. Share what I've learned with others. Granted, I don't know much, but I am happy to share what I do know. I really enjoy taking time to help out folks fishing next to me who are struggling, and I get a real kick out of seeing the looks on people's faces when their poles bend down after I've given them some tips, or perhaps a lure that I know will work. I wish more folks on the forum were more open about fishing spots, but I understand why somebody who's found a honey hole doesn't want 100 people showing up the day after they shared information about a good spot. I get it. I think I like to share just as much as a like to fish.

7. (Just because 7's a lucky number) Have Fun! fish

Scott in a Flower Mound

Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10658385 03/01/15 04:41 PM
J
joser Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
I beleive you get what you put into it,sometimes you have to read between the lines, nobody wants to give up there honey holes, but fishing stories are just that, but my main objective is to achieve knowledge from others, I always learn something new, weather its the newest baits or great tips, plus I think there some plain fun people on this forum who really enjoy what they do, thats why I'm here keep it coming

Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10658391 03/01/15 04:43 PM
T
Trendsetter1 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
I love to learn and help other out that is why I check it . I have seen some very funny and good stuff come from the texas fishing fourm. The first thing I do now when I make it home is read the fishing fourm then take a shower. bouncy

Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10658404 03/01/15 04:49 PM
Tommy Ezell Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
The over all opinion seems to reflect many are content with the knowledge shared. That's the info I was looking for. Thanks to all that are sharing their views.

Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10658446 03/01/15 05:07 PM
M
moonriver Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
show off, learn, burn free time on bad weather day, make friends, buy & sale.

Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: PKfishin] #10658460 03/01/15 05:13 PM
C
crappiegetter Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Perfect Nuff said cheers
Originally Posted By: PKfishin
Same thing people used to get at ole time boat dock. You know, the place where they rented a boat for $20 and sold minners for 50 cents a dozen.

Are they bitin?

What are they bitin on?

Where are they at?

If you watch this forum you can get all those answers.

Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Bobcat1] #10658476 03/01/15 05:19 PM
Mike Andrews Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: Bobcat1
Today when I check in I see way too much self promotion. Hard to glean through all the bull feces to get real info.

Bobby and I have agreed on more than one issue over the years and this one is no exception.

Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Bobcat1] #10658480 03/01/15 05:21 PM
SLABXPRESS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Bobcat1
Work has changed so I don't post as much anymore. I agree with Stucky about getting info on what where and how. Mucking it up with old friends is done mostly on the cell phones or emails since most of them quit posting 2-3 years back.

Plus I sold my boat so I know nothing anymore. One of my young friends said you have a boat and never take it out. Such a smart young man. Of course at that time even gasoline was a problem and he didn't know that.

Amen to that last sentence!!! wink

Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10658512 03/01/15 05:33 PM
E
ezgoing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
E
Reports with general information of lake, depth found, type of habitat found, type of bait used, color and type of lure if lure used, time of day caught. In general information that would help other members learn to find the crappie. In my opinion, any report that does not contain the lake and information of how the crappie is caught isn't worth much to the membership.

This does not mean you need to give the gps coordinates of honey holes but you should state where found (brush piles, bridge pillars, shallow water close to bank, trolling, etc).

Currently Crappie Forum contains too many threads that belong in the Off Topic forum, too many negative posts against members. It is possible to disagree with another member about techniques or facts without making negative comments about the member or making fun of the member.

Each of us should concentrate more on helping other members become better crappie catchers, to whatever degree we can do so. Some will know more, some will know less, but in the end we can all learn from each other if we did this.

I realize I'm probably dreaming but this is what I expected when I joined this board.

Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: Tommy Ezell] #10658515 03/01/15 05:35 PM
M
Muzzlebrake Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
A learning experience.
If not, why bother?

From Genesis: "And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the earth."

Then He made the earth round...and He laughed and laughed and laughed!

Re: Expectations for Fishing Forum [Re: ezgoing] #10658543 03/01/15 05:45 PM
Tommy Ezell Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Exactly my opinion. Always well spoken sir.

Here's typically what I post in a place I know it'll help and will not be negatively responded to.

Lake Tawokani Report

Now that the tourney is over I figure I can share what I found. We caught nice fish throughout prefish but the wind and mother nature beat us on tourney day.

We caught fish from the dam to the bridge. Fish caught on the dam were caught just off the bottom in 25 - 35'. Fish off the creek channel where suspended at 25' and the fish caught at the bridge were suspended 3' off the bottom near the creek channels.

As it warmed a few days we decided to look shallow. First drop another 2# fish gave it up in 6' of water. After this northern blows through there will be a hard push into the shallows. Focus on banks with sand shoreline.

Fish seemed to prefer white pearl or neon green Bonehead "Stump Bugs". I had tandem jigs set 2' apart while fishing bridge columns and deep timber.

I hope this helps for anyone wanting to fish it soon. The next time we have a couple of warm days it'll be on at Twak. The lake is low. I launched from all three open ramps recently so if there are any questions just ask.

Had a blast on Tawokani with good friends.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide