Jc Sportfishing Weekly Fish Report.
As the Admiral Seas It
Fishing Report: 2/9/15 to 2/16/15
Stop By Our Office for up to Date Fishing Report.
Fishing All Over the Map!!!
Finger Bank 57 Miles North of Cabo Hot!!!
Good Numbers of Dorado!!!
Wahoo Slow Locally!!!
Lots of Whales Still!!!
Sierra Fishing Hot Inshore!!!
2 Grouper Recipes Inside!!!
HEADLINES: February 16, 2015
Jc Vows if fishing doesnt get better this next week I am going to fire myself and he went on to say that he has a reputation to live by as the king of Sport Fishing in Cabo and nothing is going to stand in his way to fullfill his destiny.
Jc said Ive worked my whole life for this moment and then he looked at me with a glare in his eyes and told me you are just a Pawn in this Chess match little man!!! and then he told me to leave his office and go write the report and stop wasting his precious time, so thats what I did, really not wanting to upset the Lord of Cabo Sport Fishing!!! Whatever Jc!!! Just no more Witch Doctors Please?

Jc Sportfishing Charters is a family owned and operated business and has been fishing in Cabo San Lucas for the past 18 years. Jerry, explains that his charter business is geared more for families and novice anglers, making sure everyone who charters a boat with him have a great time and lots of fun. We welcome families, and groups. We want everyone who fishes with us to take all the sites in and have a memorable experience. This is what is most important to us. We have and do a few tournaments each year and can cater to fisherman who might be interested in tournament fishing. Well lets get on with the fishing report for this past week.
WEATHER: It has pretty nice weather throughout the week, but we did have some overcast days and some wind that was affecting the fishing. It did rain on Sunday, but it looks good now and some clouds today. The wind really did affect us for like 3 days and people were reluctant to go out for a few days.
WATER: The water has changed pretty much this week with lots of green water in the area and even red tide up in and around the Golden Gate. Pretty much throughout our fishing grounds, we are having water temperatures between 71 and 74 degrees and even up in the Sea of Cortez its actually cooler than around Cabo. Weird year this year as far as the water goes, it should be cooler by now and warmer up inside Sea of Cortez but it is reverse. Check out the link below and look over conditions for yourself.
This link which will show you water temperatures for the southern half of Baja. http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=cb
BILLFISH: Fishing for Marlin has really been all over the place, with 3 windy days affecting a lot of the catch. Just a few Striped Marlin here locally being landed, although fishing at the Finger Bank this week was hot with lots of Marlin, Dorado and Wahoo. The Finger Banks is about 57 miles north of Cabo on the Pacific side. This area this time of year is pretty slow but it was good up there over the last week.
DORADO: Its been pretty darn good with some boats reporting 5 to 6 nice sized Dorado per trip. It has been pretty consistent this whole past week, but a couple days of wind did slow stuff though. Really the Dorado has been all over the map and showing up about everywhere in our fishing grounds. Santa Maria was good I heard and some reports up and around Rancho Migrino
WAHOO: Hardly any Wahoo reported this week, just up at the Finger Bank, 57 miles north is where the Wahoo is active.
TUNA: I havent heard of a lot of of Tuna being landed this past week. If you do run into them, I think you will have to run offshore about 25 to 35 miles to maybe run into them if you can find a school of Porpoise.
INSHORE: Panga fishing close to shore has been productive with lots of Sierras being landed from Grey Rock to up in front of the Solmar and also north to the Light House. Some smaller Dorado in shore in the Santa Maria area and all the way down to San Jose and the new marina area. Probably the best fishing all eek has been for Sierras and were just waiting for the Yellowtail now!!! They havent shown yet and they should have by now. Who knows?
From The Admirals Kitchen is Open Again!!
Broiled grouper with teriyaki sauce
"Fresh grouper is Jc,s absolute favorite. It is a mild fish and this recipe may entice even those who don't like fish to make it a favorite. The recipe is super easy and can be served with a minimum preparation and cooking time
Dietitian's tip:
Serve the grouper over herb-flavored couscous with a side of steamed green beans. For another variation, serve the fish with fresh pineapple slices that have been slightly browned on the stove or grill.
Ingredients
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 grouper fillets, each 4 ounces
2 lemon wedges
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Directions
In a small bowl, whisk together the teriyaki sauce and garlic. Lightly spray a baking pan with cooking spray. Place the grouper fillets in the pan. Brush the teriyaki marinade on both sides of the fillets. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to marinate the fish. Preheat the broiler (grill). Position the rack 4 inches from the heat source. Broil (grill) until the fish is opaque throughout when tested with a tip of a knife, about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from the broiler. Squeeze 1 lemon wedge over each fillet and then sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Serve immediately.

Jc,s Heavenly Broiled Grouper
I first discovered this recipe on one of those swivel stands at the Destin Ice Seafood Market. I found it again last week online, and decided it had been too long since wed had this. It was as good as I remembered it. At first, you think fish and cheese should never ever mix, but this recipe will prove you wrong (as it proved me wrong). SERVES 2
Ingredients
3/4 lb fresh grouper fillets (it is also heavenly with red snapper)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Miracle Whip (if you think Miracle Whip is the devils handiwork, then use 2 tablespoons mayo)
dash of hot sauce
salt and pepper to taste
Preparation
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Season the fish with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. In a bowl, combine the cheese, butter, mayo, Miracle Whip, and hot sauce. Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray (or coat with butter), place the fish fillets in the dish, and spread the cheese mixture on top. Bake for 10 12 minutes until the fish is almost cooked. Turn on the broiler, and broil for an additional 2 3 minutes until the top starts to turn brown.
BEWARE: Please beware of the guys in the street selling boat charters. If you wait till the day you are fishing and go to the dock where your boat is many times people will mislead you to another boat or dock trying to put you on a boat that was not meant for you. You need to have a person guide you to your boat, who is from a reputable charter company. This way there is no confusion or misleading. Please remember when renting Sport fishing boats in Cabo that you rent your boat from reputable and established business. Walk into a fishing fleet office and ask questions about what you are getting and what are the costs? You don't want to rent boats from vendors in the streets and you do not want to book through shady websites offering you the world. Check through travel forums about reputable fishing fleets to deal with. Look for testimonials about the fleet your booking, your charter with. Ask about what will the boat be supplying? Will it include beverages or lunches? How much does it cost to fillet your catch? Check to see if charter boat is insured? Ask about getting your catch smoked? Check cost of a fishing license. These are just a few things to consider when booking your charter boat. We will be talking more about this in the next weeks fishing report. Until next time good fishing and we hope to see you in Cabo soon. Come by the office here in Cabo and get all the latest up to date fishing report. http://www.jcsportfishing.com http://youtu.be/tSXN6pifQyQ