Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Tawakoni - Holiday Marina #10515154 01/04/15 02:40 PM
I
I love fishing Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
I
Hi Fellow Anglers - I went there by myself yesterday after launching there is pretty much no place to dock your boat but the "private" dock house. I assumed you can dock your boat there since the gate has no lock. Long story short I was told it's a "private" property and I cannot use their dock. The guy was pretty cool telling me this because of recent theft. Security guy was there too. So I'm guessing you just beached your boat and walk on a 3 feet deep mud to load and unload? It's going to be pretty ugly since it's a tight area to maneuver around. So for those that go out there where do you pick up your friends if you are not allowed to use the "private" dock house? It's going to be a challenge with all the quick sand type mud. I love Tawakoni but it is what it is. Any suggestions or input on this? Thanks for reading.

Last edited by I love fishing; 01/05/15 01:03 AM.

Re: Tawakoni - Holiday Marina [Re: I love fishing] #10515270 01/04/15 03:30 PM
CHAMPION FISH Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Holiday marina is a work in progress. Low water has not helped anyone at any of the lakes. I have heard Anchor Inn is good to launch but I have never been there myself.

[Linked Image]
" Success is a ladder you can not climb with your hands in your pockets."

www.pro-cure.com
www.falconrods.com
Re: Tawakoni - Holiday Marina [Re: I love fishing] #10515307 01/04/15 03:49 PM
S
SeaPro-Todd Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
How was the catching, Guy? Anchor is quite a distance coming from Ft Worth. Also I believe you have to beach the boat also unless you have a slip. Not many good news coming from holiday's ramp and restrooms. Doh!

Re: Tawakoni - Holiday Marina [Re: I love fishing] #10515321 01/04/15 03:55 PM
RSR Lures Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Anchor Inn's ramp is in good shape.

www.rsrlures.com
214-448-9019
Re: Tawakoni - Holiday Marina [Re: I love fishing] #10515333 01/04/15 04:03 PM
L
lenahorse Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
L
Anchor Inn said after they reworked the ramp that you could use the unused area of the boat house to board your boat. I was told that myself, I would recheck with them on that. I agree it would be a much longer drive from Ft Worth area. We have been going to Holiday even though farther for me to support the new ownership.

Re: Tawakoni - Holiday Marina [Re: I love fishing] #10515340 01/04/15 04:07 PM
N
NTXGS Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
This could be a very interesting and en-lightning thread!

Re: Tawakoni - Holiday Marina [Re: I love fishing] #10515362 01/04/15 04:20 PM
mapdit Offline
Angler
Angler
It happen to me last year when I left my 80' year old father and my 3 year old son on the boat and go park the truck. When I came back around there were 2 lady sitting fishing nod wouldn't open the god dam gate. They kept telling me that it private and they will not open the gate for me. Even though I explain my A$&)@ off for about 15 minutes, and they finally open the freaking gate. You paid the fee to launch but you cannot beach the freaking boat anywhere. What happen to the new management ? Thought they said how they going to fix things up? Stop going there ILoveFishing, it is pretty nasty any damn way. Drive farther but less headache. I don't see how anyone in their right mind stealing anything from that place.

Re: Tawakoni - Holiday Marina [Re: I love fishing] #10515409 01/04/15 04:37 PM
P
psycho0819 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Even more fun than having other people to board and disembark while loading/launching, is trying to do this when fishing by yourself. Things are getting so tight it's tough to leave a boat alone to back the truck in our pull one out while using the ramp and not be in everyone else's way.

Trudging thru the mud is about the only way to get it done without using the private dock. I'm not complaining, as I see both sides of the argument here, but management needs to consider this and come up with a rule or plan that allows everyone to make use of the facility. a few select walk boards across the mud might help, but I can see where it might become a full time job for someone to keep the boards from getting buried in the mud too.

Overall it just is what it is. We can always go to anchor inn, but then the run to get where I fish most of time gets to be excessive when Holiday is so close. Honestly, if not for the close proximity to where I like to fish I would have given up on Holiday years ago. It's certainly a compromise, but one I'm still willing to accept.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
Re: Tawakoni - Holiday Marina [Re: I love fishing] #10515502 01/04/15 05:15 PM
L
Lead slinger Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
I started using Anchor this year and have had no problem. Guys have been on the dock cleaning fish never once have had a bad word about picking up others at the dock. I ride in my truck every day so a short ride in the boat I enjoy .

Re: Tawakoni - Holiday Marina [Re: I love fishing] #10515590 01/04/15 05:51 PM
B
becareful Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
Owe you got me started..lets take a look at all the things I have heard going to happen at Holiday along with "ALL" the improvements for those who launch there.
1. New digital sign coming (has not happened)
2. New $38000.00 boat dock for those paying launch fees (has not happened)
3. all the steel cleared from the area (has not happened)
4. new septic system with bathroom remodel (has not happened)
Heres what I have seen happen for improvements
1. grass cut, trees cleared for improved lake view
2. steel painted blue on dock, and by the wind break
3. temporary dock (no longer useable)
4. $5 parking fee
5.live bands some nights
6. fish cleaning station closed
Theres also lots of rumors going around about the activity and shenanigans going on, some of which have proven to be true.
Holliday remains a dump and is worse off in my opinion than before the new management take over. The few improvements may have benefited the owner ( which is understandable) except I cannot see how its going to improve his business for the long run when the business is a "Marina" for renting boat slips, launching your boat, and fishing. The money that has been spent would have been better put to use by dredging, improving the docks like it was stated, providing access for all and 'FIXING THE VERY UNSANITARY BATHROOM CONDITIONS. HELL PORTA POTTIES WOULD BE MAJOR IMPROVEMENT AND SANITARY" All though within weeks based on the Marinas track record so far, they would be un-usable because they would not have them emptied or cleaned. For the life of me I can't understand why the guides have not gotten together and approached the new owner as a group. If they are not there he is sucking hind wind. One rumor has it the Guides paid to have the ramp dredged! Why not the owner? I for one have stopped using the place and will find other alternatives, Anchor, state park, and or other lakes. If everyone would do this, including the guides, holiday would be forced to make improvements that benefit the Customers (and the marina) or it would have to hopefully close down. Its a big lake with enough people on this forum to make a difference and come up with alternative ideas and plans, to change the thinking that Holiday is the only place to launch. I am of the opinion that it has not changed in the almost year of new management, its not gonna change even come Hell or HIGH WATER!

Re: Tawakoni - Holiday Marina [Re: I love fishing] #10515684 01/04/15 06:26 PM
L
lenahorse Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
L
UPDATE:
I just spoke with Anchor Inn, they WILL ALLOW the dock to be used to board your boat with the low water, quote: "It's the only safe way to board"

Also just spoke again with Holiday Marina, "the ramp area is the only way to board"

This not intended to be a negative post at all just info for those who go to Tawakoni.

Last edited by lenahorse; 01/04/15 07:54 PM.
Re: Tawakoni - Holiday Marina [Re: I love fishing] #10515848 01/04/15 07:25 PM
crankbait745 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
I will take the dock over the mud anyday.

Re: Tawakoni - Holiday Marina [Re: becareful] #10516717 01/04/15 11:36 PM
Capt. Michael Littlejohn Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: becareful
Owe you got me started..lets take a look at all the things I have heard going to happen at Holiday along with "ALL" the improvements for those who launch there.
1. New digital sign coming (has not happened)
2. New $38000.00 boat dock for those paying launch fees (has not happened)
3. all the steel cleared from the area (has not happened)
4. new septic system with bathroom remodel (has not happened)
Heres what I have seen happen for improvements
1. grass cut, trees cleared for improved lake view
2. steel painted blue on dock, and by the wind break
3. temporary dock (no longer useable)
4. $5 parking fee
5.live bands some nights
6. fish cleaning station closed
Theres also lots of rumors going around about the activity and shenanigans going on, some of which have proven to be true.
Holliday remains a dump and is worse off in my opinion than before the new management take over. The few improvements may have benefited the owner ( which is understandable) except I cannot see how its going to improve his business for the long run when the business is a "Marina" for renting boat slips, launching your boat, and fishing. The money that has been spent would have been better put to use by dredging, improving the docks like it was stated, providing access for all and 'FIXING THE VERY UNSANITARY BATHROOM CONDITIONS. HELL PORTA POTTIES WOULD BE MAJOR IMPROVEMENT AND SANITARY" All though within weeks based on the Marinas track record so far, they would be un-usable because they would not have them emptied or cleaned. For the life of me I can't understand why the guides have not gotten together and approached the new owner as a group. If they are not there he is sucking hind wind. One rumor has it the Guides paid to have the ramp dredged! Why not the owner? I for one have stopped using the place and will find other alternatives, Anchor, state park, and or other lakes. If everyone would do this, including the guides, holiday would be forced to make improvements that benefit the Customers (and the marina) or it would have to hopefully close down. Its a big lake with enough people on this forum to make a difference and come up with alternative ideas and plans, to change the thinking that Holiday is the only place to launch. I am of the opinion that it has not changed in the almost year of new management, its not gonna change even come Hell or HIGH WATER!

User registered today....first post. Probably have another user name and registered just to make this post.

Michael Littlejohn's Full-Time Lake Tawakoni Guide Service
www.tawakoniguideservice.com
Click HERE for Recent CATCH Photos!

Re: Tawakoni - Holiday Marina [Re: I love fishing] #10517229 01/05/15 12:53 AM
T
TRW HOLIDAY MARINA Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Everyone knows that the lake is 13 feet low. And holiday has been involved in alot of improvements. But like the cowboys haters will make holiday famous!
There is limited room to dock. And we cannot take away from the renters that paY for privacy at the guide dock.
On another note holiday cannot build new floating docks with no water. Our dock builDer shut that possibility down without the water level raised by 8 feet.
The only reason the boat ramp is open is for the guides who depend on the marina for supporting there families. The guides also really did go in half with holiday to dredge the ramp. To keep it open for a little longer. Unless it rains significantly soon. I personally spent my new year holiday week working at the marina dragging out debris from the channel. The bathrooms are actually under construction right now have been for 2 weeks. Just drive by and see for yourself. There were so many issues with the holiday marina that it will take time to complete alot of these goals. I have owned holiday for 6 months and have been going non stop on improvements ever since. The true fisherman and patriants of holiday know the facts. My name is Tommy Williams and I don't hide behind new accounts or names. Easy to find me and ask me any question you might have in mind. Thanks and have a great new year fishing!

Re: Tawakoni - Holiday Marina [Re: I love fishing] #10517261 01/05/15 12:59 AM
I
I love fishing Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
I
Sorry if this post took on a negative side. This was not my intention. Just wanted to hear alternative suggestions on docking the boat. Salsa I bumped onto you as I was leaving when you were talking to your friend on the road. I was the one with the red tracker boat. Thank you all for inputs. I will be launching at anchor inn per @Lenahorse suggestion.

Last edited by I love fishing; 01/05/15 12:59 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide