https://www.facebook.com/southtexasbasscommanders/timeline

As promised, I wanted to provide a quick update to the newly formed high school fishing team in the San Antonio area. We had our first meeting Wednesday night and the kids established a name..."South Texas Bass Commanders." We quickly stood up a FB page and updates will start occurring. Student officers will be voted in during the next meeting, January 7th. Meetings are the first Wed of each month at 6:30 at M&S Engineering on FM 311 in Spring Branch. There were seven students that signed up to join the team, but I think we will quickly grow to many, many more. I anticipate the kids wanting to have their first internal team fishing outing in February and believe they will also want to host an "open" tournament as a fund raiser, probably in March. Because of the number at the first meeting, all of the kids have a boat and captain that they will use. But as more join, that may not be the case for all members. I'm hoping to keep the FB page updated as well as post any significant information on here going forward. I've also been informed that the kids aren't using Facebook much anymore, so one of them will have to be the "Social Media Coordinator" and stand up accounts on Instagram, Twitter, etc. The love of the outdoors ain't what it used to be.

Chad Nelson
(210) 827-1198