Forums59
Topics1,040,115
Posts13,975,788
Members144,228
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18
Re: I've never wished for a tornado to hit Oklahoma before [Re: 1ShotNoKills] #10277946 09/12/14 02:01 PM
K
Kahuna Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted By: 1ShotNoKills
Originally Posted By: txtrophy
Originally Posted By: Arkansas10 bass
Although I understand Constitutional rights. I hang my head in shame when we allow some one to burn an American flag in protest,let a child molester out of prison and back into society,watch people worship the devil when so many brave men and women have died for God and country.

Exactly. what these folks forget very easily that this country was founded on Christian Beliefs by Christian Men.

And the mass murder of Native Americans that had different beliefs.
Reckon what Thomas Jefferson was sworn in on when he was elected?

Last edited by Kahuna; 09/12/14 02:03 PM. Reason: Sp!
Re: I've never wished for a tornado to hit Oklahoma before [Re: Tejas Trofeo] #10277947 09/12/14 02:02 PM
1ShotNoKills Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
I feel like this is a healthy discussion and no one has really gotten rude or ugly. I'm proud of us.

Re: I've never wished for a tornado to hit Oklahoma before [Re: Rob W.] #10277949 09/12/14 02:02 PM
T
Tejas Trofeo Offline OP
muy peque�o hombre
OP Offline
muy peque�o hombre
T
well sir, if you want to roll your eyes....what do you believe in?

Re: I've never wished for a tornado to hit Oklahoma before [Re: 1ShotNoKills] #10277956 09/12/14 02:04 PM
K
Kahuna Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
I feel like this is a healthy discussion and no one has really gotten rude or ugly. I'm proud of us.
Shut up. But I mean that in the friendliest way.

Re: I've never wished for a tornado to hit Oklahoma before [Re: Kahuna] #10277963 09/12/14 02:05 PM
1ShotNoKills Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Kahuna
Although I understand Constitutional rights. I hang my head in shame when we allow some one to burn an American flag in protest,let a child molester out of prison and back into society,watch people worship the devil when so many brave men and women have died for God and country.

Exactly. what these folks forget very easily that this country was founded on Christian Beliefs by Christian Men.

And the mass murder of Native Americans that had different beliefs.
Reckon what Thomas Jefferson was sworn in on when he was elected?

The Quran?

Re: I've never wished for a tornado to hit Oklahoma before [Re: Tejas Trofeo] #10277996 09/12/14 02:14 PM
K
Kahuna Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Re: I've never wished for a tornado to hit Oklahoma before [Re: Tejas Trofeo] #10278015 09/12/14 02:19 PM
SheldonS Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: SheldonS
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.[/i]

Sheldon, you quoted this.

do you not think that these Satanists are attempting to poison and destroy the brethren?

let me ask you this: what you posted is direct from the bible. with this being what the lord said, what have I said in this thread was out of line?

It's a quote from the movie Pulp Fiction and not a real bible verse. Note I did not specify a bible verse.

Look up the actual Ezekiel 25. It's definitely Old Testament writing.

Re: I've never wished for a tornado to hit Oklahoma before [Re: SheldonS] #10278032 09/12/14 02:26 PM
F
fish4bass Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.[/i]

Sheldon, you quoted this.

do you not think that these Satanists are attempting to poison and destroy the brethren?

let me ask you this: what you posted is direct from the bible. with this being what the lord said, what have I said in this thread was out of line?

It's a quote from the movie Pulp Fiction and not a real bible verse. Note I did not specify a bible verse.

Look up the actual Ezekiel 25. It's definitely Old Testament writing.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers(<<<<< Oklahoma nut jobs). And you (<<<< TxTrophy) will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

And I know who "Jeff" is.
Re: I've never wished for a tornado to hit Oklahoma before [Re: Tejas Trofeo] #10278040 09/12/14 02:30 PM
R
Rob W. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R

When I hear "It's Gods will" it just seems like that term is used to cover every possible outcome. I just live my life & try to be a morally good person. Obviously I'm not religous but I do applaud your enthusiam, even though we will never agree on some of this.

[Linked Image]
Re: I've never wished for a tornado to hit Oklahoma before [Re: Rob W.] #10278060 09/12/14 02:36 PM
T
Tejas Trofeo Offline OP
muy peque�o hombre
OP Offline
muy peque�o hombre
T
Originally Posted By: rrw 1968

When I hear "It's Gods will" it just seems like that term is used to cover every possible outcome. I just live my life & try to be a morally good person. Obviously I'm not religous but I do applaud your enthusiam, even though we will never agree on some of this.

I can agree that gods will is a used quite a bit in situations where it may not necessarily apply.

my question to you, what is morally good? where/what is the standard to live by?

Re: I've never wished for a tornado to hit Oklahoma before [Re: Tejas Trofeo] #10278080 09/12/14 02:47 PM
U
UrsusVeritas Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U

This could not be more false. Revisionist history at its best. This country was founded on enlightenment political/philosophical ideas by theists (at best) for the purpose of economic gain.

And the assertion that people died for God and Country? No. They died for their country. This country has never fought a religious war.

I don't understand why so many people have a hard time understanding that freedom is for everybody, not just people who agree with you.

Re: I've never wished for a tornado to hit Oklahoma before [Re: Tejas Trofeo] #10278089 09/12/14 02:50 PM
R
Rob W. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
[quote=txtrophy]well sir, if you want to roll your eyes....what do you believe in?

I can agree that gods will is a used quite a bit in situations where it may not necessarily apply.

my question to you, what is morally good? where/what is the standard to live by?
Quote:
rrw 1968

That's the tricky question.I believe you can be morally good without being religous. You probably believe it is impossible to be morally good without being religous. This is were we disagree.

Last edited by rrw 1968; 09/12/14 02:57 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: I've never wished for a tornado to hit Oklahoma before [Re: Tejas Trofeo] #10278091 09/12/14 02:51 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted By: hopalong

no I get the point perfectly, you want to kill people because they do not believe what you want them to. pretty simple to understand.
same thing isis is all about, kill anyone that will not convert. what happened to turn the other cheek, beat thy swords into plowshares?

I would nuc isis twice if I could but I have no reason to want harm to come to a group that is trying to peacefully make a point. if you leave them alone and do not cause publicity they go away and will not be seen again.

so your believe that ISIS is more dangerous than a group of Satanists and that its okay for you to take them out?

is that what your saying?

personally I believe they are both very dangerous groups, each in their different ways

and this has never been a "I want them gone because they believe/look/dress different than I believe/look/dress". I never said that, those were yours and others words about my position, but I had never said nor implied that.

I can dislike a group and it not be based on Color, Religion or Creed. You should go campaign with Rev. Sharpton

then a very simple question for you, why do you want a nader on them?

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: I've never wished for a tornado to hit Oklahoma before [Re: Rob W.] #10278097 09/12/14 02:55 PM
T
Tejas Trofeo Offline OP
muy peque�o hombre
OP Offline
muy peque�o hombre
T

That's the tricky question.I believe you can be morally good without being religous. You probably believe it is impossible to be morally good without being religous. This is were we disagree.

I was reading something just a few min ago that made me think of it. if you have a bible read Romans 7:18

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells. Romans 7:18
In a Fernando Ortega rendition of Just As I Am, Billy Grahams voice can be heard faintly in the background. Dr. Graham is reminiscing about an illness during which he believed he was dying. As he mused on his past, he realized what a great sinner he was and how much he continues to need Gods daily forgiveness.

Billy Graham was putting an end to the notion that apart from God were okay. We can feel good about ourselves, but that confidence must come from the knowledge that were greatly loved children of God (John 3:16), not that were very good children (Rom. 7:18).

The first step in becoming a truly good person as a follower of Christ is to stop pretending that were good on our own and to ask God to make us as good as we can be. We will fail many times, but He will keep growing us and changing us. God is faithful andin His time and in His wayHell do it.

In his final years, the writer of Amazing Grace, John Newton, suffered from dementia and lamented the loss of his memory. Yet he confided, I do remember two things: I am a great sinner, and Jesus is a great Savior. When it comes to faith, those are the only things anyone needs to know. David Roper

The Lord has promised good to me,
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures. Newton

Gods grace accepted is Gods peace experienced.

Re: I've never wished for a tornado to hit Oklahoma before [Re: hopalong] #10278098 09/12/14 02:56 PM
T
Tejas Trofeo Offline OP
muy peque�o hombre
OP Offline
muy peque�o hombre
T

no I get the point perfectly, you want to kill people because they do not believe what you want them to. pretty simple to understand.
same thing isis is all about, kill anyone that will not convert. what happened to turn the other cheek, beat thy swords into plowshares?

I would nuc isis twice if I could but I have no reason to want harm to come to a group that is trying to peacefully make a point. if you leave them alone and do not cause publicity they go away and will not be seen again.

so your believe that ISIS is more dangerous than a group of Satanists and that its okay for you to take them out?

is that what your saying?

personally I believe they are both very dangerous groups, each in their different ways

and this has never been a "I want them gone because they believe/look/dress different than I believe/look/dress". I never said that, those were yours and others words about my position, but I had never said nor implied that.

I can dislike a group and it not be based on Color, Religion or Creed. You should go campaign with Rev. Sharpton

then a very simple question for you, why do you want a nader on them?

because they are poison

Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide