So went out Sunday with a couple of buddies to try old Lavon again, and it turned out to be the best day fishing of the year so far for me.

Starting off it was foggy as hell! Kind of creepy really, there was a ton of fog laying all over the lake...

Started over by the glass house where I saw the huge schools of drum last trip. I really wanted to get back into them now that I know what they are! No luck...

So we hauled straight over towards Hybrid Point, marked some fish still in ~20FOW all the way to 12FOW, and started on the deep ones. Slabs to the bottom brought the biggest fish I have ever hooked into on Lavon, lost him right before I could get him to the surface. Think he was a big cat.

Stayed on those fish for a while, got a few cats, one sandie, and even a nice fat crappie! All on chart slabs.

Then Carey was over, said to come to 10-13FOW where the sandies were biting. We got into a couple of them, but they were moving fast and I can't stay on 'em like Carey can.

Thanks for the help Carey! I always appreciate you being more than generous with info & spots - even when you have clients on board.

Caught several sandies, then they disappeared. The Yellow bite was on! I think we probably boated about 100 yellows in 3 hours - not exactly what I was after, but fun to just catch again after the last few trips of nada mucho.

Headed to west side of Hybrid point, caught more yellows, and buddy caught his PB catfish:

Not sure size, but a pretty good fish nonetheless! (He forgot to hold out to camera, so it doesn't look as big as it should hammer)

Caught a few here and there, headed over to humps, and nothing biting. Just can't get those suspended fish...

Went back over to Glass House on way back in, marked a few fish, and buddy caught his personal smallest fish ever:

Shad actually ate his grub... I've never seen anything like it in my life. Didn't catch anything else, so headed in.

Sorry no coffin pic, ended up with 8 sandies, 3 cats, and 1 crappie for our freezers. Threw back ~100 yellows, a few cats, and a few sandies that were undersized. Pretty much all on chart slabs or the jig above a chart slab.

Great day on the lake!