Forums59
Topics1,040,414
Posts13,981,183
Members144,237
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: Fishbreeder] #10143132 07/17/14 12:46 PM
L
La Perla Ranch Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
L
Originally Posted By: Fishbreeder
Well you got your altruism......then again, I try to think both like a biologist and a businessman. Yes, surely there is money involved and potential for profits at some point in such a "scheme." Nothing wrong with that, I also work for money. Land values may increase after 15 years and a lake with a reputation for gigantic specimens not found elsewhere, or indeed, if a world record LMB were produced, they payoff could be huge, you must think like as businessman, not a biologist or fisherman to see it.

A scenario....so the project works beyond anybody's imagination and after 15 years you got a lake with a some sea monsters in it. Call up an old buddy at PRADCO and ask him, "Which bait you wanna push? We can get you a gin-u-wine 20+ bein' caught on film on that bait for 'bout 'um say $half million$....."

I've told the tale of the first scumfrog tv commercial I helped make with Keith Warren a hundred years ago before they were released for sale.

Say a rich old Japanese businessman dreams to catch a 20+ and matters not how much the cost.....I have seen koi sell to the same type dude for that $half million$ why not a 20+ every bit as rare as a top koi?

The commercial opportunities as well as the road to get there are only limited by your knowledge and your imagination. Granted a 15 year planning horizon is kinda long....but stuff likes this takes a long time.

I truly hope they raise the record and that I live to see them (all involved, including TP&WD) cash in big time. If that is what they want.

In a place some may have heard of near West Columbia, where abovementioned tv commercial was filmed, we did find a way to congregate and hold, actively feeding (biting) LMBs where they were especially vulnerable to capture by hook and line.

Oh, and I really like rainbow trout as cheap bass food....

Haha fish breeder I think I need to sign you up as my business adviser!

Seriously, to each and every one of you who have posted since my long night the other night when I texted so much and laid my guts out there, thank you so much. You have lifted my spirits and encouraged me more than you will ever know. I want to respond specifically to as many of you as I can, but no time now. I got in late last night and could not keep my eyes open, but I will answer all of these sincere comments and questions later.
THANK YOU!
Gary

La Perla Ranch
Zapata County, Texas
tecomateranch.com
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: La Perla Ranch] #10143141 07/17/14 12:48 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Yea they are pretty easily trained. Just watch mike longs live trout stocking videos from cali. Amazing sight to see when those 12" rainbows are first dumped in the lake and are delirious. Easy pickings for giant bass.

I have a buddy who periodically feeds a big fish chunks of ham off the dock at his pond. Its pretty crazy to watch

Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: La Perla Ranch] #10143289 07/17/14 01:31 PM
Chet Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: La Perla Ranch
Originally Posted By: Fishbreeder
Well you got your altruism......then again, I try to think both like a biologist and a businessman. Yes, surely there is money involved and potential for profits at some point in such a "scheme." Nothing wrong with that, I also work for money. Land values may increase after 15 years and a lake with a reputation for gigantic specimens not found elsewhere, or indeed, if a world record LMB were produced, they payoff could be huge, you must think like as businessman, not a biologist or fisherman to see it.

A scenario....so the project works beyond anybody's imagination and after 15 years you got a lake with a some sea monsters in it. Call up an old buddy at PRADCO and ask him, "Which bait you wanna push? We can get you a gin-u-wine 20+ bein' caught on film on that bait for 'bout 'um say $half million$....."

I've told the tale of the first scumfrog tv commercial I helped make with Keith Warren a hundred years ago before they were released for sale.

Say a rich old Japanese businessman dreams to catch a 20+ and matters not how much the cost.....I have seen koi sell to the same type dude for that $half million$ why not a 20+ every bit as rare as a top koi?

The commercial opportunities as well as the road to get there are only limited by your knowledge and your imagination. Granted a 15 year planning horizon is kinda long....but stuff likes this takes a long time.

I truly hope they raise the record and that I live to see them (all involved, including TP&WD) cash in big time. If that is what they want.

In a place some may have heard of near West Columbia, where abovementioned tv commercial was filmed, we did find a way to congregate and hold, actively feeding (biting) LMBs where they were especially vulnerable to capture by hook and line.

Oh, and I really like rainbow trout as cheap bass food....

Haha fish breeder I think I need to sign you up as my business adviser!

Seriously, to each and every one of you who have posted since my long night the other night when I texted so much and laid my guts out there, thank you so much. You have lifted my spirits and encouraged me more than you will ever know. I want to respond specifically to as many of you as I can, but no time now. I got in late last night and could not keep my eyes open, but I will answer all of these sincere comments and questions later.
THANK YOU!
Gary

Great now the guessing will stop. We'll know what's in the contract, will the lake be fished, what dos the state expect to gain and what does the ranch expect to gain.

Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: La Perla Ranch] #10143311 07/17/14 01:36 PM
D
dudley44 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
might be old news but Arms Bait Co,Proctor,Texas( Harold Arms(deceased)-business still operating) raised fingerling bass,hybrid bass,ect on high protein pellets. Trained to come to feeder,moved to holding ponds,continued training to come twice a day to 40% protein pellets then moved to private waters where they were further fed--like Fouzman mentioned " a feeding freezy"--weren't really hard to catch but fun. fast growing and stout

Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: La Perla Ranch] #10143337 07/17/14 01:42 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
The fish at Camelot Bell came from Harold Arms while he was still living.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: La Perla Ranch] #10143427 07/17/14 02:11 PM
D
dudley44 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Fouzman-don't the fish have genetic markers???

Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: La Perla Ranch] #10144118 07/17/14 04:52 PM
F
fkirk Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
F
My name is Frank Kirk. I'm the guy who caught the 13.67 from Lake Athens SL#553 .
What started out to be a big deal for me personallly has turned into something much less. Had I known that some offspring from my fish would end up in the hands of some rich guy I would have released her. I have been accused of getting kickbacks and have had sportswriters call wanting an interview. What I'm going to do is return the mount and other stuff and wash my hands of sharelunker. This whole deal doesn't smell right.

Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: dudley44] #10144148 07/17/14 04:58 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Originally Posted By: dudley44
Fouzman-don't the fish have genetic markers???

Which fish?

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: fkirk] #10144301 07/17/14 05:39 PM
L
LakeForkGroupie Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
Originally Posted By: fkirk
My name is Frank Kirk. I'm the guy who caught the 13.67 from Lake Athens SL#553 .
What started out to be a big deal for me personallly has turned into something much less. Had I known that some offspring from my fish would end up in the hands of some rich guy I would have released her. I have been accused of getting kickbacks and have had sportswriters call wanting an interview. What I'm going to do is return the mount and other stuff and wash my hands of sharelunker. This whole deal doesn't smell right.

I'm just curious, don't want to cause any trouble. But how many figerlings went back in to Lake Athens from the SL#553, and how many would have survived to that same stage if she would have bred in the wild? Are those numbers out there?

edit:
Just looked up an article posted early, said 18,000 offspring from 2 SL's were released into Athens. How many would normally survive (to the stage that TPW released them)?

Also have any OWR fish that have been stocked in Lake Athens? Article says 850,000 offspring has been released in Texas. (not sure if that is from just the one OWR fish they took from one of their contract lakes)

Last edited by LakeForkGroupie; 07/17/14 05:52 PM.
Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: LakeForkGroupie] #10144435 07/17/14 06:28 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

I'm just curious, don't want to cause any trouble. But how many figerlings went back in to Lake Athens from the SL#553, and how many would have survived to that same stage if she would have bred in the wild? Are those numbers out there?

edit:
Just looked up an article posted early, said 18,000 offspring from 2 SL's were released into Athens. How many would normally survive (to the stage that TPW released them)?

Also have any OWR fish that have been stocked in Lake Athens? Article says 850,000 offspring has been released in Texas. (not sure if that is from just the one OWR fish they took from one of their contract lakes)

Please don't turn this into another SAL thread.

Gary is trying to keep us abreast of what's going on down south.

Thanks Gary.... Looking forward to hearing some of the details when you get a chance.

[Linked Image]
Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: La Perla Ranch] #10144473 07/17/14 06:39 PM
D
Dr JL Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Thanks for sharing!
I'm waiting for 16 lb plus as a possibility- then I'm there if possible.
Pretty much size matters. Sounds like very soon fish that size or bigger will be possible. I just don't fish any public or pvt water without that size possibility- sorta limits my choices.
Keep up the great work!!!

Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: Dr JL] #10144478 07/17/14 06:41 PM
Fish Killer Offline
Big Sexy
Big Sexy
Originally Posted By: Dr JL
Thanks for sharing!
Pretty much size matters. Sounds like very soon fish that size or bigger will be possible. I just don't fish any public or pvt water without that size possibility- sorta limits my choices.

Will you adopt me?? grin

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

You want to make a difference in life? Take a kid fishing!
Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: Fish Killer] #10144584 07/17/14 07:14 PM
Alex Finch Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Fish Killer
Originally Posted By: Dr JL
Thanks for sharing!

Will you adopt me?? grin

rolfmao

Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: Rob Lay] #10144710 07/17/14 07:48 PM
B
bassdude10 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
Originally Posted By: JacksonBean

Have you guys that are upset thought about rebelling and just stopping paying your taxes?

it is more un-American to not pay your taxes.

it is great to not like big government or unfair taxes, but it is your job to pay 100% of them until the law changes. do everything you can in your power to change the laws or give up your citizenship and move away.

One of the most absurd things I have ever read on here.

Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: fkirk] #10144723 07/17/14 07:53 PM
Rob Lay Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

be sure to post a picture when you do.

Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide