Forums59
Topics1,047,423
Posts14,106,309
Members144,388
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: bassdude10] #10144738 07/17/14 07:57 PM
Rob Lay Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: bassdude10
One of the most absurd things I have ever read on here.

absurd to the idiots and/or non-Patriots. Personally, I'm very proud of the United States, there are things I don't like and vote accordingly, but I support this country. If you don't, leave.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: Rob Lay] #10144753 07/17/14 08:00 PM
B
bassdude10 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
One of the most absurd things I have ever read on here.

absurd to the idiots and/or non-Patriots. Personally, I'm very proud of the United States, there are things I don't like and vote accordingly, but I support this country. If you don't, leave.

I guess our founding fathers were idiots and/or non-Patriots

Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: bassdude10] #10144830 07/17/14 08:22 PM
Rob Lay Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

find a new land, find a new government, that is different. if you are living within the United States, a United States Citizen, and receiving any benefits funded from tax dollars, then it is your American duty to pay 100% of all taxes due. If not, you are no better than meth head scum stealing things from others.

Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: La Perla Ranch] #10144864 07/17/14 08:32 PM
Fishing Yankee Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
See, it's like watching NASCAR hoping for a wreck or watching a gator hunter get his hand bit off. We went from getting an update about the efforts to raise world class bass in Texas to questioning patriotism to comparing someone to a meth head scum. You just never know what you might see next on the TFF...it is definitely entertaining to say the least.

offtopic banana flag duel

Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: La Perla Ranch] #10144867 07/17/14 08:33 PM
L
LakeForkGroupie Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
Start a new thread. Whack this one.

Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: Rob Lay] #10144870 07/17/14 08:34 PM
B
bassdude10 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

find a new land, find a new government, that is different. if you are living within the United States, a United States Citizen, and receiving any benefits funded from tax dollars, then it is your American duty to pay 100% of all taxes due. If not, you are no better than meth head scum stealing things from others.

Your argument is solely based on the premise that it is our duty to obey laws completely, just because they are the law. This goes against everything that I stand for as an American. I'm not advocating not paying taxes, but to say that we should just stand idly by and accept whatever the government tells us because it is our patriotic duty is fundamentally different than the mindset that our founding fathers had, and the mindset that I have. Just because they had an ocean between them and their intrusive government doesn't mean they would stand for an intrusive government in Washington D.C.

Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: La Perla Ranch] #10144882 07/17/14 08:38 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Rob never said anything about standing idly by. He said "do everything you can in your power to change the laws."

Now you kids quit arguing over subjects unrelated to the OP's thread, or Dr. Schwarz may never come back! mad

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: fouzman] #10144903 07/17/14 08:45 PM
Rob Lay Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: fouzman
Rob never said anything about standing idly by. He said "do everything you can in your power to change the laws."

Now you kids quit arguing over subjects unrelated to the OP's thread, or Dr. Schwarz may never come back! mad

thank you man, maybe he missed that 2nd part.

do everything you can in your power to change the laws

I think wires got crossed. trust me, I hate taxes, I'm paying a multiple of what I feel my fair share is, but it is my duty to pay them 100% until the laws change. while I pay all my taxes, I'm also part of groups like Americans For Fair Taxation and Club for Growth. I also vote for people I think will make the changes I want.

sorry, back off this tangent.

Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: fouzman] #10144918 07/17/14 08:48 PM
B
bassdude10 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

Would doing everything in your power to change a law include breaking it to make a point? Like not getting up from your seat on a bus... Or dumping tea into the harbor... I guess those people are no better than meth heads and not patriotic.

But back on topic, I support the decision to sell or donate the fingerling to La Perla. TPWD benefits from this in many ways at a minimal cost. The scientific research gained from studying the success or failure of the extreme measures that La Perla has gone through will be more beneficial in the long run by far than any impact that those fingerling would have had by being released directly into a public lake.

Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: Rob Lay] #10144921 07/17/14 08:50 PM
B
bassdude10 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

I think wires got crossed. trust me, I hate taxes, I'm paying a multiple of what I feel my fair share is, but it is my duty to pay them 100% until the laws change. while I pay all my taxes, I'm also part of groups like Americans For Fair Taxation and Club for Growth. I also vote for people I think will make the changes I want.

I didn't miss anything.

Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: La Perla Ranch] #10144944 07/17/14 08:57 PM
InTheClear Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I personally am Thankful for his time and effort to keep us up-dated! I regret the actions/words from some on this Post but it is their right, I hope that he and Jordon will not be discouraged in the near future!

Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: bassdude10] #10145009 07/17/14 09:18 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D

I didn't miss anything.

Y'all have tried to spin this thread in a direction that never ends, politics!

Back to Dr. Schwarz's project,

Thanks for the updates, please keep us posted on your progress.

#MFGA
Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: La Perla Ranch] #10145038 07/17/14 09:26 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: La Perla Ranch] #10145048 07/17/14 09:30 PM
krawlin 47 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
This thread has continued to get goofier every day! If some dude wants to invest his money in a body of water in hopes that he may have created a bass world unlike any other - why the crazy amount of judgement? Thanks for your interest in the sport!

Money is king - if you don't have it the share a linker sat fork and Athens and so many other lakes are free to catch - Go Catch Em!

Whether you think you can or you can't, you are probably right.
Re: La Perla Ranch...new Lake Jalisco progress report. [Re: horseplaydvm] #10145119 07/17/14 09:57 PM
L
La Perla Ranch Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
L
Originally Posted By: horseplaydvm
Originally Posted By: La Perla Ranch
Originally Posted By: horseplaydvm
BTW, I am by no means against LaPerla, Camelot Bell, or any other private land owner who wants to stock a private lake and charge whatever they can from people who want to fish it. I hope they are successful!
I am against using public funds from us as taxpayers, which I pay a lot, and revenue from fishing license holders to fund the stocking of Florida strain bass into public waters, then turning around and selling the offspring of those fish to a private landowner who will charge a fee to catch those offspring. Whether they donate fish back or not is irrelevant. Why buy SAL offspring? If your private system is so good, use your own offspring or buy from another private land owner. Im sure Camelot Bell would be interested in selling some offspring. They already have 15 lb + bass swimming around in their lake.
I have always been a promotor of the SAL program. I will not be a supporter if this type of business practice
continues!

Horseplay, I would agree with you if this was the case, but where, in anything I have written, or in anything the Outdoor writers have written, does it say that I paid for these fish, and that I will be able to charge people to fish for them after they get big???? Show me! Please people, read the words from those directly involved, and not of some speculator before you criticize. This is one of the main reasons I wrote the report, to prevent ignorant speculation, and mistakenly turn people against one of the most incredible programs to boost bass fishing this State has ever seen. There is no reason Horseplay for you to change your loyalty to the Sharelunker program. It has not done anything wrong or violated any statute or objective for the program.

And private pond owners buy fishing licenses and fishing tackle too, and there are tons of us in this State. Just because we may not spend our time adding to the pressure on public reservoirs does not mean we are not part of that public you mention. We too have a vested interest in this program, and could argue that the limited numbers that have been stocked on private property is totally appropriate for that reason alone, not even counting the research advantages of a more controlled environment. Not trying to be rude back to you Horseplay, just to cause you to think.
Gary

Gary,
Thanks for your reply. Let me clarify a little. It doesn't matter how you obtain the SAL fry, it is a conflict of interest for a private land owner to use State funded resourses if you are going to eventually charge a fee for someone to fish your lake. Maybe I am wrong in my assumption and I apologize if so, but I cannot imagine you or anyone else investing that much time and money to not eventually try to recoup some of that by charging a fee to fish? If you want to be transparent, then show everyone a copy of the contract. I'm sorry you get offended that people ask questions or demand answers, but I would hope you would do the same when your on the other side of the fence so to speak. If I got upset and quit posting on this forum the first time someone disagreed with me or had a different opinion, I would have been gone a long time ago. This forum is a great place to learn and have discussions.
Again, I hope you are successful with what you are trying to do in growing trophy bass!

Ok guys, I am going to try and answer all of your questions as well as I can, and I am going to start with you Horseplay, because I owe you an apology. When I went back and reread my opening of this thread to tell everyone what we had done, I realized it was not clear in fact if the fry had been purchased by me or not, so my bad on that.

I did not pay for the fry. I did not receive them out of favoritism, cronyism, political connections, loyalty, friendship, or any other reason related to pay back for something I may have done in the past. I am not some rich guy. I did not receive them for anything I promised to do in the future, other than agreeing to turn over control to Texas of the new lake I was building for myself. I was sent the fry because Allen Forshage became convinced by what he saw that the interests of the State of Texas, and the bass fishermen of Texas would be furthered and enhanced by entering into a cooperative relationship with me on a new lake I was in the process of building for myself, Jalisco. It was as simple as that. He was and is convinced that the potential gains and rewards back to the State and to bass fishermen will far out way the costs of doing it.

Allen has invested his life into the SAL program. He is driven to make a difference for the fishermen of Texas and for the State through the achievements of the program. It is his purpose in life and his passion. His legacy will be forever attached to and dependent upon the programs success or failure, and as you know, there have been many successes. However, after the great start for the program, the momentum has slowed over the past ten years. He was and is convinced that Jalisco can supply a needed shot in the arm. It is not in his best interests to do something stupid, self serving, for special interests, or that will not potentially benefit all.

As for me, the decision was not easy. Yes Horseplay I can eventually sell fishing trips there, but Dude, 15 years is a LONG time, especially for a guy my age. By the time it is up, I will long since have either survived and held onto the ranch and projects, or failed. Any income I could generate by then from the fish will be too late to save the ranch if my income declines for any reason. Another place I made a mistake was on my age calculation I put down, because I won't be almost 70 when the 15 is over, but 80!! The cost of finishing the building of the Jalisco project and the costs of doing all that I do out there will not be easy to pull off, and if something happens to me physically to where I can't work, I will not be able to hold onto the ranch. Yes I can sell the property, but the new owner will have to live up to the contract. The revenue that I stood to generate by sticking with my plan as talked about in the Bassmaster article, had I kept control of Jalisco and stocked it with my own pure Floridas I have access to, would have really helped and provided a safety net.

The problem is, I have a sickness. I am driven to do things that have never been done before. I can't help it. I am not normal. Whether it involves my oral surgery practice, my deer program, or the bass lakes, I have to push. If I can see a mountain to climb, I have to try, even if it makes no rational or economic sense. So.....I signed it.

And now, in honor of Horseplay who asked for it, here is my contract that I signed and then sent to the State. I could not find my copy of the one they faxed back with their signature, but trust me, this is it, and Allen has given his blessings to me to release it.

Next, I will talk about what it means, and answer more questions.
Thanks,
Gary

La Perla Ranch
Zapata County, Texas
tecomateranch.com
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide