Forums59
Topics1,039,309
Posts13,962,681
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: skeeter spider cracks in gel coat [Re: Doing it for the fans since 71] #10068692 06/17/14 02:43 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
I heard they get the stress cracks because of the thick clear coat finish they use. Maybe so, maybe no but I do know Skeeters are known for this problem. But other than that I don't have a single complaint with mine:

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: skeeter spider cracks in gel coat [Re: Doing it for the fans since 71] #10068729 06/17/14 02:54 AM
Doing it for the fans since 71 Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
I do know this...If i paid 60k for a boat and it had this issue i would be more mad than a midget. Just saying.

Re: skeeter spider cracks in gel coat [Re: Doing it for the fans since 71] #10068744 06/17/14 02:59 AM
D
Denny Crane Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted By: Doing it for the fans since 71
sorry guys i really don't understand...I had a bass cat for 8 years, currently run a 12 year old Triton and neither had any spider/stress cracks like he has, whatever you want to call it. I am just trying to help out a buddie.....

You're a little late, should've steered him into a different brand. I've had a Ssss had cracks develop in every corner and along both consoles... now have a Rrrrr the Rrrrr is a much better boat, long term it will only get worse.

Live and Learn and Fish often it still floats.. It's just cosmetic now back in the 90's it wasn't cosmetic and transoms had to be replaced... when Mary Kay was making them... LOL

DC

Last edited by Denny Crane; 06/17/14 03:01 AM.
Re: skeeter spider cracks in gel coat [Re: Doing it for the fans since 71] #10068768 06/17/14 03:08 AM
Doing it for the fans since 71 Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
denny....Thanks. i have had 3 ssssss and couldn't agree more. I will pass the info on

Re: skeeter spider cracks in gel coat [Re: Doing it for the fans since 71] #10068779 06/17/14 03:12 AM
B
BVF_LoP_Guide Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
y Boat > Warranty2014 SKEETER FIBERGLASS LIMITED WARRANTY 

This warranty provides you with protection against the expense of repairs for your boat hull that are required as a result of defects in materials or workmanship. This warranty provides you with specific coverage and notes your responsibilities in maintaining and operating your boat. Please take the time to read and become familiar with this warranty. 

PERIOD OF WARRANTY. Any new Skeeter boat purchased for non-commercial use from any authorized Skeeter boat dealer in the continental United States by the original retail purchaser, will be warranted against major structural defects in material or workmanship and also have a component warranty. 

Structural Warranty. For the duration of ownership of the first retail purchaser, the Skeeter boat will be warranted against any major structural defects in material or workmanship for the hull, stringers and transom. This structural warranty may be transferred during the 10 year warranty period to a second retail purchaser, according to the terms below. Structural Warranty to the second retail purchaser will expire 10 years from the first retail purchase date. 

Component Warranty. The following factory installed parts and component Warranty Period is three (3) years from the date of purchase subject to the limitations as outlined below. This component warranty may not be transferred to a second purchaser, even during that three (3) year period.Carpet defects.Steering helm, cylinder, hoses and cables.Aeration pumps, valves and timer.Boat electrical system.Factory installed gauges.Deck hardware such as locks, cleats and fasteners.Battery Chargers.Defects In the exterior cosmetic gelcoat finish (cracks or crazing): Warranty Period runs sixty (60) days from the date of delivery to the original retail purchaser. Repairs will only be authorized alter Skeeter is satisfied that there is a defect in material or workmanship. 

WARRANTY TRANSFERABILITY. The first retail purchaser may transfer the warranty to the second retail purchaser, during the first ten (10) years after the original retail purchase of the Skeeter boat from an authorized dealer. Structural Warranty to the second retail purchaser will expire 10 years from the first retail purchase date. Coverage remaining under the Structural Warranty may be transferred by an authorized Skeeter dealer to a second purchaser for a $200 fee. The transfer must occur within ten (10) years of the original retail sell and the transfer fee must be paid within thirty (30) days of the purchase of the boat to transfer the warranty. Proof of purchase date is required. The warranty may only be transferred once. Such notice shall be effective when received by Skeeter at One Skeeter Road, Kilgore, Texas 75662. 

NOTE: Skeeter will complete repairs covered under this warranty during the first year of ownership at no charge to the owner, After the first year, the owner must pay a deductible of $50 per claim to the servicing dealer for service performed under this limited warranty. 

CONDITIONS OF WARRANTY. The boat must be warranty registered by the dealer via the YDS System within 10 days from the original retail purchase date before any warranty request can be processed. 

Owner shall pay the tear down and repair costs if it is established that the part or parts thought to be defective are not covered by this warranty. Skeeter reserves the right to alter models, change colors specifications, component parts, materials, equipment and prices or cease production of certain models at any time without notice. Such changes maybe made without incurring obligations to equip or modify units produced prior to the date of such changes. Removal of engines or other equipment not installed by Skeeter prior to repairs and subsequent reinstallation of same after repair is not the responsibility of Skeeter and shall be paid for by the boat owner. 

OBTAINING REPAIRS UNDER WARRANTY. During the period of warranty, Skeeter or its authorized representative will, free of charge, repair or replace, at its sole discretion, any part adjudged defective by Skeeter due to faulty workmanship or material from the factory provided the original owner returns the boats, with transportation prepaid, to the selling dealer or, if necessary, to the Skeeter factory or any other reasonable place designated by Skeeter. Should Skeeter elect to replace the entire boat, the replacement boat shall be subject to the remaining duration and conditions of this warranty and not be subject to an extended or new warranty unless otherwise provided for by both parties in writing. The liability of Skeeter shall in no event exceed the actual cash value of the covered item. The boat owner will be responsible for all transportation, haulouts, loss of time, inconvenience, travel expenses, loss of use, launch, towing, storage and other expenses incurred in returning the boat for warranty service. All parts replaced under warranty shall become the property of Skeeter. 

CUSTOMER'S RESPONSIBILITY. Under the terms of this warranty, the customer will be responsible for insuring the boat is properly operated, maintained and stored as specified in the applicable owners manual. The owner shall return the boat to an authorized Skeeter dealer for review of all reported warranty defects within specified warranty period. Warranty repairs will be performed by Skeeter, or its authorized representative, in accordance with the other provisions of this limited warranty. 

GENERAL EXCLUSIONS FROM WARRANTY. This warranty will not cover the repair of damages as a result of abuse, alteration, modification or neglect. 

Examples of abuse, alteration, modification or neglect include, are not limited to:Racing or competition use, modification of original parts abnormal strain or commercial use.Lack of proper maintenance and off-season storage described in the owner's manual, installation of parts or accessories that are not equivalent in design quality to genuine Skeeter parts or failure to perform the periodic maintenance with Skeeter's owner�s manual and recommendations.Damage as a result of accidents, collisions, contact with foreign materials, improper trailering, submersion, unreasonable use, abuse, or tampering.Growth of marine organisms on hull or deck surfaces.Normal deterioration and demand caused by overpowering according to the maximum horsepower specifications on the capacity plate provided on each Skeeter boat.Acts of God.Any representations relating to the speed and/or weight of the boat.Dealer preparation including but not limited to cleaning and adjustments or alignments in preparing the boat for final delivery.SPECIFIC EXCLUSIONS FROM WARRANTY. This warranty will not cover the following items:Window breakage, and leakage around windshields, windows or hatches or other apertures.Gel coat finishes including, but not limited, to cracks, crazing, checking, discoloration or blistering.Varnishes, paints, or chrome-plated, stainless steel, or anodized aluminum finishes.Deterioration caused by exposure to the elements or the use of cleaners or chemicals not recommended in writing by Skeeter.Boats used for governmental, business or commercial purposes including boats used for hire such as guides.Items not manufactured by Skeeter. However, if such it are warranted by a component manufacturer, Skeeter warrants only to the installation of such Skeeter non-warranted items according to the manufacturer�s instruction to the extent that Skeeter installs the same.Engine, outdrives, propellers, controls, batteries, engine brackets, trailers, electric trolling motors, depth finding devices, or other equipment or accessories not manufactured by Skeeter whether or not warranted by other, manufacturer.Installation of engines or accessories installed by others.Upholstery damage, canvas, zippers, vinyl, plastics, fabric, trim wood, or rips, tears and fading to carpets upholstery.SKEETER MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE EXCEED THE OBLIGATIONS AND THE LIMITS STATED IN THIS WARRANTY ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY SKEETER AND EXCLUDED FROM THIS WARRANTY. 

SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. ALSO EXCLUDED FROM THIS WARRANTY ARE ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING LOSS OF USE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INIDENITAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. 

THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THIS WARRANTY SHALL APPLY IN ACCORDANCE TO THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS. 

THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS THE ENTIRE WARRANTY GIVEN BY SKEETER AND THERE ARE NO TERMS, PROMISES, CONDITIONS, OR WARRANTIES, OTHER THAN THOSE CONTAINED HEREIN. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY SKEETER, ITS DEALERS, REPRESENTATIVES

Brian Vickery
Lake O the PInes Guide
brianvickeryfishing.com
Re: skeeter spider cracks in gel coat [Re: Doing it for the fans since 71] #10068954 06/17/14 06:00 AM
B
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: Doing it for the fans since 71
Spot is about 12 inches long on the drives side by the steering wheel. Pretty obvious when you approach...boat is 8 months old...Help Guys what do i tell him?

Do you have pics? I would be surprised if Skeeter doesn't take care of it.

By any chance does he have a boat lift in a boat house? Maybe hit some pot holes while trailering?

I'm just thinking hard how that could happen. I know I've seen all brands of older boats develop spider cracks, but not an 8 month old one.

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Re: skeeter spider cracks in gel coat [Re: Doing it for the fans since 71] #10069130 06/17/14 12:21 PM
L
L. Swaim1 Offline
Angler
Angler
L
G & B Fiberglass Boat Repair
903) 649-3195

He is down road from skeeter and This guy is good he worked for skeeter for years before putting in his own shop and handles a lot of their warranty work for them anyhow. My dealer said nope not covered but took it to G & B and sure enough skeeter agreed to cover it..

Re: skeeter spider cracks in gel coat [Re: L. Swaim1] #10069158 06/17/14 12:37 PM
B
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: L. Swaim1
G & B Fiberglass Boat Repair
903) 649-3195

Yep! thumb

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Re: skeeter spider cracks in gel coat [Re: Doing it for the fans since 71] #10069159 06/17/14 12:37 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I noticed stress cracks by my passenger console in '09. Boat was two years old. I called Skeeter and they allowed me to have it fixed with a local company. Skeeter paid for everything.

😠Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions ğŸ˜

Re: skeeter spider cracks in gel coat [Re: Doing it for the fans since 71] #10069195 06/17/14 12:50 PM
Fishing Yankee Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
As one of the other posts said, nothing structural wrong, just cosmetic. I talked with the regional sales rep when ordering my 20I about many things, to include colors. I got a pretty good science lesson about gel coats and polyflakes. The process to apply white gel coat makes it the most susceptible to stress cracks. And natural the crack would appear more prominent in the white anyway. Other colors of gel coat are chemically "stronger" and less likely to stress crack. The polyflake colors are the least likely to crack and of course, would "hide" any possible stress cracks better.

Re: skeeter spider cracks in gel coat [Re: Doing it for the fans since 71] #10069367 06/17/14 01:54 PM
pf Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Skeeter will take care of it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide