Forums59
Topics1,039,536
Posts13,966,068
Members144,208
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. [Re: Der Vorsteher] #7609057 06/05/12 12:24 PM
H
HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Some guys need to step away from the Johnny Morris/Bass Pro Kool Aid stand.

All boats look good brand new on the showroom floor but there is ZERO debate, Nitro IS NOT the same quality as a Ranger, Triton, Skeeter or Bass Cat.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. [Re: Der Vorsteher] #7609093 06/05/12 12:37 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
You have to remember, they're not cutting $20k off of something the others charge $70k for. The outboard ($20k), trolling motor ($1k), fishfinders ($4k) and other accessories all cost the same. So take $25k off of those prices that were already quoted, and you'll see that Triton is charging you $34k for a hull and trailer and Nitro is charging you $15k. Say what you want, but the quality of those two boats can't be the same for half the price, when all of the other big players are very close to Triton's price point.

I'm not saying a Nitro isn't a good value for what it is. But I think most of us can agree that "what it is" isn't a Ranger, Skeeter, Bass Cat, or Triton.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. [Re: Der Vorsteher] #7609140 06/05/12 12:56 PM
White Oak Skeeter Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
So Coach, what are you saying? You didn't get on the list to get a new Z-9? I guess that's your prerogative. However, have you owned a Nitro? Have you fished out of a Skeeter, Bass Cat, Triton, Ranger, etc. for years and years each?

Seems to me, for those of us that own a Nitro, a jon boat with a 5 horse Johnson, or a kayak-if we like our boats then whose opinion matters-OURS.

Seems this is another rag post like so many.

Like has been said on other posts ragging on Nitros, Kevin VanDam can fish out of any boat he wants and he "chooses" Nitro. Sure, they pay him, but so would any other company with money. I tend to believe his opinion matters more than a blow hard that I doubt has nearly as much experience in the field.

When all is said and one, it's a Ford, Chevy, Dodge argument. To each his own. And, yeah, my Dodge hemi will outhaul and outrun all of your Fords and Chevys.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. [Re: Der Vorsteher] #7609152 06/05/12 12:59 PM
B
Beegfoot1 Offline
Angler
Angler
B
What a load of BS - I'm currently the owner of two Nitros and I've beat the hell out of both of them and they can take it pretty good - I have ridden with Stacy King and Ott Defoe in their Z9s I rode with Scott Suggs and Anthony Gagliardi, and David Walker in their Rangers and I rode with Gary Clouse in a Pheonix - Their boats were all top of the line fully loaded rigs and the Nitros were as smooth riding and fishable as any and these guys drive their boats balls to the wall - as far as quality I really don't think you are paying more for the Ranger or the other elite boats because the quality is so much better - YOU'RE PAYIN' FOR THE FREAKIN' NAME - that goes the same for their resale value - So really what's the better deal is all a matter of perspective - Personally I prefer the Nitro ride to a Ranger any day. stir

K.J.Courter AMERICAN ANGLERS
"The future ain't what it used to be" Yogi Berra

Everyone needs to believe in something - I believe I'll go fishing.
Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. [Re: Der Vorsteher] #7609174 06/05/12 01:03 PM
Bay Kirkham Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Someone should start a Texas Nitro Haters Forum- Seems to be a fairly popular topic

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. [Re: White Oak Skeeter] #7609187 06/05/12 01:06 PM
Der Vorsteher Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Ray Roberts Nitro
So Coach, what are you saying? You didn't get on the list to get a new Z-9? I guess that's your prerogative. However, have you owned a Nitro? Have you fished out of a Skeeter, Bass Cat, Triton, Ranger, etc. for years and years each?

Seems to me, for those of us that own a Nitro, a jon boat with a 5 horse Johnson, or a kayak-if we like our boats then whose opinion matters-OURS.

Seems this is another rag post like so many.

Like has been said on other posts ragging on Nitros, Kevin VanDam can fish out of any boat he wants and he "chooses" Nitro. Sure, they pay him, but so would any other company with money. I tend to believe his opinion matters more than a blow hard that I doubt has nearly as much experience in the field.

When all is said and one, it's a Ford, Chevy, Dodge argument. To each his own. And, yeah, my Dodge hemi will outhaul and outrun all of your Fords and Chevys.

This was not a rag post. All I was saying was that I hear all about the price economy of buying a nitro vs. any other boat and if what the guy told me at the dealership, all I was saying was there doesn't seem to be a big price difference. Maybe I misunderstood him. I looked at the boat myself and saw everything being added to it except the motor, there was a crate there and I couldn't tell what horsepower it was, it looked big so maybe it was a 300 and thats what drove up the price, I honestly don't know. I just swore the guy told me he was spending around 70k on it. Lets say I totally misunderstood what he said and it was still around a 55-65k boat, that still isn't much off the others. I like the Nitro's, if you had read one of my earlier posts my BIL has one and really like fishing out of it. I honestly will never buy a brand new boat, one I don't make that kind of money and two i think it is silly to pay that for a boat. 95% of the people buying those boats can't really afford them. I will always looka and study and go after a good used boat. I currently run a Champion and love it and even at its age it is in phenomenal shape and will get me many more years of fishing. The whole point of the post was to just mention my observation.

Team Wolfs
Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. [Re: Der Vorsteher] #7609193 06/05/12 01:07 PM
HARD WORKN HAROLD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Z-9 @ bass pro in grapevine, loaded with absolutely everything you could order, twin poles, hydrowave, 101, 4-bank,10 on dash,8 on deck, ram mounts, tandem trailer w/20's, mags, etc, beautiful rig, $55,000 plus tax.

DON'T LET THE CLOTHES FOOL YA
Life is too short to fish with a dead cricket!
PB: wife of 40 years
Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. [Re: Der Vorsteher] #7609205 06/05/12 01:11 PM
H
Hoss Holding Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
I think Kevin Vandam said he can drive any boat he wanted to, He Chooses a Nitro, seems like that worked out pretty good for him.

I am blessed to have a opportunity to live a childhood dream as a professional wrestler

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. [Re: Hoss Holding] #7609229 06/05/12 01:16 PM
H
HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Originally Posted By: DHolding
I think Kevin Vandam said he can drive any boat he wanted to, He Chooses a Nitro, seems like that worked out pretty good for him.

Lol. I've been waiting for someone to throw that comment out there.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. [Re: Hoss Holding] #7609262 06/05/12 01:20 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
I always get a kick out of this argument too. You really think there is even a small chance that he picked Nitro for any reason other than they wrote him the biggest check? I'm not blaming him, but you can't honestly think he's fishing out of a Nitro purely because he likes it the best. I'm sure he does like the boat, but let's not be naive here...

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. [Re: Der Vorsteher] #7609268 06/05/12 01:21 PM
78duncan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Well I've made my mind up I'm gettin a nitro when it comes time for a new boat cause if everyone hates them so much no one is gonna ask if they can go with me and other fisherm on the lake will avoid where Im fishin cause I'm in a nitro hurray for the sounds of silence

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. [Re: Der Vorsteher] #7609276 06/05/12 01:24 PM
P
Puma Jim Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
P
I had a nitro once and it was a good boat then. I would never have another one because the price may look good on the sticker but the boats are underpowerd all the way around and by the time you outfit/upgrade you are better off buying a better quality boat that has a lot of the "correct" equipment standard.I always get a kick out of people who say if it is good enough for KVD then it must be a good boat. Hell I would fish out of a nitro every year if I got a new one every year!

Last edited by Puma Jim; 06/05/12 01:25 PM.
Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. [Re: Der Vorsteher] #7609432 06/05/12 01:55 PM
Monte Reagan Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Test drive all the brands before you buy. Test drive a Skeeter and this conversation is over!

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. [Re: Der Vorsteher] #7609439 06/05/12 01:57 PM
Huckleberry Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
2009 20XRD Comp Hull 20K

Here's a REAL boat!

http://www.fastbass.com/forum/viewtopic....9677501e0b54dc2

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. [Re: patriot07] #7609448 06/05/12 02:01 PM
Joefishin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: patriot07
I always get a kick out of this argument too. You really think there is even a small chance that he picked Nitro for any reason other than they wrote him the biggest check? I'm not blaming him, but you can't honestly think he's fishing out of a Nitro purely because he likes it the best. I'm sure he does like the boat, but let's not be naive here...

They only fish out of them for a year also........

I'm not saying anything bad about a Nitro either. Just saying that the pro argument is baseless, it holds no weight.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide