Texas Fishing Forum

For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk.

Posted By: Der Vorsteher

For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/04/12 10:47 PM

I had to stop in Amarillo at a marine store this weekend to get new bearing for the trailer. They had a brand new Z-9 someone had ordered waiting to have all the bells and whistles put on it. He told me that guy was going to end up spending around 70k once it was all said and done. Now I am not saying they are good or bad boats, but after he told me that I realized they are def not the more economical choice.

Posted By: Caribou

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/04/12 10:54 PM

Nope, the more economical choice is to wait 2 years til that guy sells it because the new model is out, and buy it then for way less than he paid.

Posted By: Chris B

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/04/12 10:54 PM

They look like they have brought there quality up close to the other big name brands. The problem is there name is known for cheap junk boats. You really don't save much by buying a nitro when you compare apples to apples. Nitros usually come rigged with cheaper electronics and trolling motors, so by the time you upgrade to the same stuff the better brands are rigged with standard you are paying close to the same price. And good luck trying to sell a nitro.

Posted By: Russell Olds

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/04/12 10:59 PM

Ranger still has the best resale value. Best fit and finish in my opinion. Maybe a little pricey and not the fastest boat but the most stable fishing platform. And for me I spend 95% of my time fishing not running so that is what is important. My partner can walk from one side of the rear deck to the other and I won't even feel the boat tip at all. The true test to me is to open a Ranger compartment and look how nice the inside is, then open a competitor's compartment and you can see a huge difference. It is in the details and the way it is thought out.

Posted By: Nitrodriver

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/04/12 11:05 PM

Depends on what bells and whistles he is adding. I don't know of any brands that come standard with power poles, hydrowaves, structure scans, etc. as standard equipment.

Posted By: bruton1

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/04/12 11:05 PM

The new ones are crazy expensive( imo) a lot of us didnt give 70,000 for our homes lol

Posted By: Javelin

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/04/12 11:09 PM

Put the EXACT same equipment from Electronics to Powerpoles to trolling motor, big motor, lights, pumps, ect and I will bet money that the Nitro is still at LEAST 10K cheaper than a ranger. BTW I own a ranger and love it, but if I were forced to by a showroom new boat I would be hard pressed to pass up Nitro. The person you spoke to was a salesman, have you ever listened to a salesmen, they are worse than fishermen when it comes to making things up.

Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/04/12 11:14 PM

Just my observations, all of Nitro's stock boats come way under-powered on the front and the back, and the electronics are worthless. So by the time you have to upgrade everything to get the boat ready for the lake $70K is well within reach.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/04/12 11:26 PM

I am copy and pasting something I posted back in March.

On BBC the other day a guy bought a loaded out (two HDS 7s with structure scan with a 250XS that was a 2011 model brand new on the showroom floor for under 38K. Add two powerpoles and you are at 41K upgrade the 7s to an 8 and 10 or two tens and you are at maybe 44K with every option of the other brands so lets do trade in math, I will use 45K for nitro.

Not sure what else you would want on a boat but there is TONS of room between 45K and 70K

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/04/12 11:29 PM

Here is a Copy and Paste from EFS Jr on TFF.

Okay, gentlemen here's my Apples to Apples. Started looking for my new boat back in January at the boats shows. Then I called my dealer where I had always purchased my Tritons in the past. He has started selling Nitros in 2010. We sat down and priced out the Nitro and then he still had got his 2012 Triton dealer cost book so we priced the comp Triton also.

New 2012 Nitro Z9 with Merc 250 Pro XS, 36 volts 109 thrust Motorguide trolling motor, 4 bank battery charger, HDS7 with Structure Scan flush mount console, HDS7 flush mount in bow, Blinker style steering wheel trim, Hootfoot, Hamby's keel shield, extra fishing seat and pole, removable passengers console, Full boat cover, Spare wheel with trailer, upgrade my trolling batteries and starting batteries, just something I wanted.

New 2012 Triton 20SE / DC with Merc 250 Pro XS, 36 volt 109 thrust Motorguide trolling motor, HDS7 with Structure scan flush mount console, HDS7 flush mount bow, Blinker style trin on sterring wheel, Hootfoot, Hamby's keel shield, extra fishing seat and pole, Full boat cover, Spare wheel with trailer, upgraded trolling and starting batteries. Same equipment.

Had to add the following on the Triton to match the Nitro: Padded front deck, Electronic dash switches, Fiberglass fenders, Alum wheels, LED lighting on trailer, Transom saver.

Here's the final numbers from my dealer on the boats:
Triton - $61,590.00
Nitro - $42,107.00

This does not include: taxes, license or registrations. I live in different state from where i purchased the boat.

That's a difference of $19,483.00 / plus taxes......
Which boat did I buy, the Nitro.
Will I regreat my purchased, only time will tell. Don't pick my new boat up until April 6th. I will give a update on my new Nitro and the difference between it and my past Tritons in the future after I've spent some time on the water.

My Appels to Apples: $19,483.00 in the bank!

Posted By: ssmith

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/04/12 11:30 PM

the quality of thier boats have come a long way in the last few yrs , evryone that is still building boats now are building good boats part of the problems they have is the amount of boats they sell you will come across people you cant make happy everyone in business has this. they sell a lot more nitros to bass fishermen than any other boat line an as far as the guy paying 70000.00for a z 9 i hope ther is some fishing lessons from thier pro staff to make that a good deal.

Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/04/12 11:44 PM

Getting my popcorn ready. How many times do we need to have this conversation?

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/04/12 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: TNBASS
Getting my popcorn ready. How many times do we need to have this conversation?

Until folks quit bashing or talking negatively about a brand they dont know anything about LOL. I agree with the above poster that all boat brands today build quality products, sure there will still be some that have issues but it is not limited to any one brand. Like I said I am a Ranger owner and former Javelin owner, but I am not going to talk bad about another boat brand as far as calling them trash ( I know this thread has not done that much yet) I will point out things I do not like about certain boats but that is not saying they are no good.

Posted By: GoPokes

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/04/12 11:52 PM

I don't know, but keep having it. I'm in the market for the first time in 12 years, and need all the input I can get.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/04/12 11:54 PM

I am not for or against nitros, I am just going by what the guy told me. My BIL has a z-7 and I think it is a great boat. I have fished from it many times and like it just fine. Maybe I totally misheard what he said but I am fairly sure he said 70k. If that is what I heard correctly all I was saying was I don't see the difference in price compared to others. I could have misunderstood him.

Posted By: elkhartdom

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/04/12 11:58 PM

i had a nitro for years, only reason I sold it was to upgrade to a bigger boat. had a 190dc with a 175 on it, ran almost as fast as my now boat. I loved my nitro, got into a lot of areas my triton wont go, not as fancy as a ranger, nor a triton, not as wide either, but still one good boat.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 12:18 AM

If you guys look at a nitro and then think it is even in the same class as a Ranger then you are crazy. Really? Look closer. There is a real reason why Ranger has a better resale value. Ranger is in a whole other class. The Nitro boats are good starter boats. And I am not saying they are bad boats. But it is not apples to apples. Not by any means.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 12:20 AM

Javelin, what year and model Ranger do you own?

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 12:25 AM

And I am not talking about which motor or trolling motor or electronics are on the boat or any extras. Buying a boat is all about the fit and finish of the hull. You can change all of the other stuff. Look at the actual boat. Then tell me a hollow hull Nitro is still as good as a foam filled Ranger that you can literally cut in half and both halfs still float Ranger. Then tell me they are the same. Really? I had a bass boat sink once. That is why I take my little kids out on an overpriced, slow, nicer than you will ever find Ranger.

Posted By: 522Ranger

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 12:26 AM

I live in Amarillo and I can't imagine someone paying that kind of money for a boat unless they are just loaded. There is no decent lakes around the best lakes are Alan Henry and New Mexico lakes and that burns some gas getting there from here. You almost have to buy a boat that's years older just to pay for gas to actually get to fish.

Posted By: lamoon78

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 12:29 AM

Ya you can't compare Nitro to a Ranger period now the Nitro is a good boat but fit and finish is where they lack do they ride good yes are the cheaper hell yes is there a big difference in them and the bigger named brands sure there is its all in what you want to pay and what you will get for it down the road.

Posted By: James Biggs

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 12:32 AM

My Nitro's boat just as many fish as most Rangers.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Kingscountry
Javelin, what year and model Ranger do you own?

I have a 97 519 and my fishing partner has an 07 519. Another guy I fish with sometimes has a 482, another a z19 (not sure on year) and yet another a 2010 520. Almost everyone I know has a ranger LOL.

Posted By: James Biggs

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 12:35 AM

They are a means to get me to the fish. They ride great, fish good, and are all around a great boat. And yes the fact that they are 20k less than most boat makes them appealing as well.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 12:38 AM

For the few of yall saying fit and finish is not there, take pics of both new on showroom floor and prove it. I have looked at lots of boats and between them there is not much difference in fit and finish today, now 10 years ago YES there was a BIG difference.

Posted By: HasBen

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 12:43 AM

I have no problem with someone buying a Nitro, but I would strongly suggest that no one pay $70K for one new. Frankly, you will never recover from that decision. Even though their quality has improved somewhat, the attitude of the used boat buyer has not changed. Just the way it is.

No boat holds resale very well, but there are a handful of brands that hold it better than others. If you are going to spend 70K, spend it on a boat that will hold at least a good portion of it's initial sale price.

Posted By: David Parker

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 12:51 AM

The best way to buy a nitro is to buy a used one.They dont hold their resale very well as compared to big name bass boats.

Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Javelin
Triton - $61,590.00
Nitro - $42,107.00

If that is true then I wonder how he got the Nitro to $70k. Powerpoles, HDS7 to HDS10, and what else gets it to $70k?

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
Triton - $61,590.00
Nitro - $42,107.00

If that is true then I wonder how he got the Nitro to $70k. Powerpoles, HDS7 to HDS10, and what else gets it to $70k?

I didn't ask, maybe he was putting a 300 on it? How much more is the 300 horse?

Posted By: Alex K.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 01:17 AM

For 25-30k you can buy a boat that runs 70mph +, has power poles, big electronics, etc. I ddont get the 70k boat. What can it do that a loaded used boat can't
? A staus thing? But then again if I had tons of money I'd buy one.

Posted By: David Parker

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 01:17 AM

Did salesman mean it was over 70k with financing?

Posted By: 90 5.0

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 01:18 AM

Triton - $61,590.00
Nitro - $42,107.00

i walked by a z-9 at basspro the other day, i want to say it was 44-45 at least the way it sat. with junk trolling motor, and junk electronincs.

One of the things the op said was it was a 2011, old showroom stock right?

that will drop it down some.

last year when my buddy was still working at the skeeter dealer i could have got a new 2010 20i that was old stock for 38, friend price to move the boat off the floor.

you can't compare that to getting one the correct year new off a showroom...

Posted By: Brandon Dickenson

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 01:26 AM

Nitro isn't my favorite but nothing is wrong with them.

I don't feel like you can get a Nitro to 70 k if you try, I almost feel like that's "just an expression" now for when somebody buys a new loaded boat.

Posted By: USA-1

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: CoachWhite34
I am not for or against nitros, I am just going by what the guy told me. My BIL has a z-7 and I think it is a great boat. I have fished from it many times and like it just fine. Maybe I totally misheard what he said but I am fairly sure he said 70k. If that is what I heard correctly all I was saying was I don't see the difference in price compared to others. I could have misunderstood him.

Maybe he said boat would have $7000 in add on's". and not " $ 70000 in it". Just a thought.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By: 90 5.0
Triton - $61,590.00
Nitro - $42,107.00

i walked by a z-9 at basspro the other day, i want to say it was 44-45 at least the way it sat. with junk trolling motor, and junk electronincs.

last year when my buddy was still working at the skeeter dealer i could have got a new 2010 20i that was old stock for 38, friend price to move the boat off the floor.

From what I have learned doing research on the internet over the last couple years is that BPS is the WORST place to buy Nitros from because they will not really work with the price, they have a set price and go with it. You need to go to a dealer that is not a BPS. I know that makes absolutely NO sence due to the fact that BPS owns Nitro, but it is true from what I have seen.

BTW those are not my numbers but another member off this site.

Posted By: gatoreyes

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 02:14 AM

$19,000 is a lot of money

Posted By: 90 5.0

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: 90 5.0
Triton - $61,590.00
Nitro - $42,107.00

From what I have learned doing research on the internet over the last couple years is that BPS is the WORST place to buy Nitros from because they will not really work with the price, they have a set price and go with it. You need to go to a dealer that is not a BPS. I know that makes absolutely NO sence due to the fact that BPS owns Nitro, but it is true from what I have seen.

BTW those are not my numbers but another member off this site.

no i would imagine they aren't the best place to buy, i needed a ram mount and they had one in stock, i just walked by the boat. I wouldn't buy one there . You pay sticker, just like you d for a bag of worms there

Posted By: tb1107

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 02:34 AM

I priced a Nitro 6 months ago and it cam in at $51,000. Z9 w 250 xs, 101 MK TM, padded deck, most upgrades you could get, 10" HDS units F&C...etc. There is no way to get one to $70,000. While I went with a Ranger, I seen nothing wrong with the Nitro except the following, Resale value and the lack of foam in the hull to quite down the drum like sound on the sides.

Posted By: Jmsteele

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 02:46 AM

I personally think the Nitro is a great value for the money. By percentage of resale value they don't lose much more than other brands. Resale is definitely cheaper but so is initial investment. As far as fit and finish, the only new boat that really stands out from the others in that department to me is the legend. BTW, I drive a triton.

Posted By: MikeSouza

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 03:00 AM

I am a BassCat guy and will only own a cat. Hard to change when I have never had a problem with the boat.

I have a couple positive things to say about the Nitro Z9. Fished out of an "X" partners off and on for 2 years. Only Nitro I've ever fished out of. It was fast with a 225 ProXS(75gps). Huge fishing deck! Took on rough water with the best of them. Comfortable to drive!

When looking at a brand new boat side by side with other brands, the flaws and corner cutting doesnt show. Put 2-3 years of fishing 2-4 days a week out of a boat and the corner cutting will show. I run an 05 Cat. I fish is hard but take care of my boat when I'm on and off the water. Gets whiped down every trip and is garaged when not used. Only wear I am showing is my carpet is dirty. My X partners 09' Z9 has more problems showing up trip after trip. If someone wants to hear them I'll send you a PM. You can really see where the corners were cut to save money so they could beat other boat brands prices.

Posted By: DYOLLP

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 03:35 AM

I haven't been in a new one, but I fished out of my team partner's Nitro 898 for many years. I've also checked them out at BPS. It's an ok boat, but I probably wouldn't buy one. I wouldn't spend 70K on a Ranger either. That's crazy. However, I'd consider a new Z518. I'd pick that over the equivalent Nitro just based on past experience. I'm not sure that the price difference would be that much on that boat.

Posted By: Devil Horse

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 07:39 AM

bass boat, outboard motor and electronic manufactures must get a good laugh at the prices some people pay for a bassboat, $40-50-60-70k dollars? come on now, is this what bass fishing has come to?

Posted By: Bay Kirkham

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 09:51 AM

Originally Posted By: GoPokes
I don't know, but keep having it. I'm in the market for the first time in 12 years, and need all the input I can get.
Good luck on here- Buy a boat and go fishing- If you want to stir up some of the elite group on here, buy a Nitro-

Posted By: lamoon78

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 10:51 AM

For the few of yall saying fit and finish is not there, take pics of both new on showroom floor and prove it. I have looked at lots of boats and between them there is not much difference in fit and finish today, now 10 years ago YES there was a BIG difference.
You need to go get in one and by that I mean really look at it every single inch of it and you will see for youself and after going through it with a fine tooth comb you can come back and say theres no difference then you may need some glasses.

Posted By: Lewis Ville

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 11:27 AM

There's a reason they are $20K cheaper. That doesn't just happen. I have nothing against them, but they are not my boat of choice after fishing out of them. I will admit they have done some great marketing. Look how many pros on the Elites run them.

Posted By: HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein)

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 12:24 PM

Some guys need to step away from the Johnny Morris/Bass Pro Kool Aid stand.

All boats look good brand new on the showroom floor but there is ZERO debate, Nitro IS NOT the same quality as a Ranger, Triton, Skeeter or Bass Cat.

Posted By: patriot07

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 12:37 PM

You have to remember, they're not cutting $20k off of something the others charge $70k for. The outboard ($20k), trolling motor ($1k), fishfinders ($4k) and other accessories all cost the same. So take $25k off of those prices that were already quoted, and you'll see that Triton is charging you $34k for a hull and trailer and Nitro is charging you $15k. Say what you want, but the quality of those two boats can't be the same for half the price, when all of the other big players are very close to Triton's price point.

I'm not saying a Nitro isn't a good value for what it is. But I think most of us can agree that "what it is" isn't a Ranger, Skeeter, Bass Cat, or Triton.

Posted By: White Oak Skeeter

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 12:56 PM

So Coach, what are you saying? You didn't get on the list to get a new Z-9? I guess that's your prerogative. However, have you owned a Nitro? Have you fished out of a Skeeter, Bass Cat, Triton, Ranger, etc. for years and years each?

Seems to me, for those of us that own a Nitro, a jon boat with a 5 horse Johnson, or a kayak-if we like our boats then whose opinion matters-OURS.

Seems this is another rag post like so many.

Like has been said on other posts ragging on Nitros, Kevin VanDam can fish out of any boat he wants and he "chooses" Nitro. Sure, they pay him, but so would any other company with money. I tend to believe his opinion matters more than a blow hard that I doubt has nearly as much experience in the field.

When all is said and one, it's a Ford, Chevy, Dodge argument. To each his own. And, yeah, my Dodge hemi will outhaul and outrun all of your Fords and Chevys.

Posted By: Beegfoot1

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 12:59 PM

What a load of BS - I'm currently the owner of two Nitros and I've beat the hell out of both of them and they can take it pretty good - I have ridden with Stacy King and Ott Defoe in their Z9s I rode with Scott Suggs and Anthony Gagliardi, and David Walker in their Rangers and I rode with Gary Clouse in a Pheonix - Their boats were all top of the line fully loaded rigs and the Nitros were as smooth riding and fishable as any and these guys drive their boats balls to the wall - as far as quality I really don't think you are paying more for the Ranger or the other elite boats because the quality is so much better - YOU'RE PAYIN' FOR THE FREAKIN' NAME - that goes the same for their resale value - So really what's the better deal is all a matter of perspective - Personally I prefer the Nitro ride to a Ranger any day. stir

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 01:03 PM

Someone should start a Texas Nitro Haters Forum- Seems to be a fairly popular topic

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Ray Roberts Nitro
So Coach, what are you saying? You didn't get on the list to get a new Z-9? I guess that's your prerogative. However, have you owned a Nitro? Have you fished out of a Skeeter, Bass Cat, Triton, Ranger, etc. for years and years each?

Seems to me, for those of us that own a Nitro, a jon boat with a 5 horse Johnson, or a kayak-if we like our boats then whose opinion matters-OURS.

Seems this is another rag post like so many.

Like has been said on other posts ragging on Nitros, Kevin VanDam can fish out of any boat he wants and he "chooses" Nitro. Sure, they pay him, but so would any other company with money. I tend to believe his opinion matters more than a blow hard that I doubt has nearly as much experience in the field.

When all is said and one, it's a Ford, Chevy, Dodge argument. To each his own. And, yeah, my Dodge hemi will outhaul and outrun all of your Fords and Chevys.

This was not a rag post. All I was saying was that I hear all about the price economy of buying a nitro vs. any other boat and if what the guy told me at the dealership, all I was saying was there doesn't seem to be a big price difference. Maybe I misunderstood him. I looked at the boat myself and saw everything being added to it except the motor, there was a crate there and I couldn't tell what horsepower it was, it looked big so maybe it was a 300 and thats what drove up the price, I honestly don't know. I just swore the guy told me he was spending around 70k on it. Lets say I totally misunderstood what he said and it was still around a 55-65k boat, that still isn't much off the others. I like the Nitro's, if you had read one of my earlier posts my BIL has one and really like fishing out of it. I honestly will never buy a brand new boat, one I don't make that kind of money and two i think it is silly to pay that for a boat. 95% of the people buying those boats can't really afford them. I will always looka and study and go after a good used boat. I currently run a Champion and love it and even at its age it is in phenomenal shape and will get me many more years of fishing. The whole point of the post was to just mention my observation.

Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 01:07 PM

Z-9 @ bass pro in grapevine, loaded with absolutely everything you could order, twin poles, hydrowave, 101, 4-bank,10 on dash,8 on deck, ram mounts, tandem trailer w/20's, mags, etc, beautiful rig, $55,000 plus tax.

Posted By: Hoss Holding

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 01:11 PM

I think Kevin Vandam said he can drive any boat he wanted to, He Chooses a Nitro, seems like that worked out pretty good for him.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 01:16 PM

Originally Posted By: DHolding
I think Kevin Vandam said he can drive any boat he wanted to, He Chooses a Nitro, seems like that worked out pretty good for him.

Lol. I've been waiting for someone to throw that comment out there.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 01:20 PM

I always get a kick out of this argument too. You really think there is even a small chance that he picked Nitro for any reason other than they wrote him the biggest check? I'm not blaming him, but you can't honestly think he's fishing out of a Nitro purely because he likes it the best. I'm sure he does like the boat, but let's not be naive here...

Posted By: 78duncan

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 01:21 PM

Well I've made my mind up I'm gettin a nitro when it comes time for a new boat cause if everyone hates them so much no one is gonna ask if they can go with me and other fisherm on the lake will avoid where Im fishin cause I'm in a nitro hurray for the sounds of silence

Posted By: Puma Jim

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 01:24 PM

I had a nitro once and it was a good boat then. I would never have another one because the price may look good on the sticker but the boats are underpowerd all the way around and by the time you outfit/upgrade you are better off buying a better quality boat that has a lot of the "correct" equipment standard.I always get a kick out of people who say if it is good enough for KVD then it must be a good boat. Hell I would fish out of a nitro every year if I got a new one every year!

Posted By: Monte Reagan

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 01:55 PM

Test drive all the brands before you buy. Test drive a Skeeter and this conversation is over!

Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 01:57 PM

2009 20XRD Comp Hull 20K

Here's a REAL boat!

http://www.fastbass.com/forum/viewtopic....9677501e0b54dc2

Posted By: Joefishin

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: patriot07
I always get a kick out of this argument too. You really think there is even a small chance that he picked Nitro for any reason other than they wrote him the biggest check? I'm not blaming him, but you can't honestly think he's fishing out of a Nitro purely because he likes it the best. I'm sure he does like the boat, but let's not be naive here...

They only fish out of them for a year also........

I'm not saying anything bad about a Nitro either. Just saying that the pro argument is baseless, it holds no weight.

Posted By: Walls

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Huckleberry
2009 20XRD Comp Hull 20K

Here's a REAL boat!

http://www.fastbass.com/forum/viewtopic....9677501e0b54dc2

LOL! Bet I could outrun that boat, even in my 15 yr old Nitro. "REAL" boats have outboards.

Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 02:13 PM

Quote:

You sure about that?

Check out the head to head video.

http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/2011/gallery/videos-and-demos/

Posted By: BMCD

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 02:23 PM

Yeah 70k was an exaggeration... We had one fully loaded for 55k go out the door, 4 electronics, dual power poles, and fancy trailer tires, hydraulic JP, and other stuff.... I don't think there was anything else you could add.

I would love someone to explain why Ranger or other have higher resale, If you both loose 15k after a year or 2 on the value, which one is a better deal? Well of course the Ranger is because u spent more so the percentage lost is less, but we both lost 15k? Reality is on that if you financed the Ranger u lost more money due to bigger interest payments.

The other funny thing not too many boats that are rigged with everything we need or want. But we bash Nitro for this. Heck I have bought a Champion and the standard features all needed to be upgraded. My buddies Ranger had to have several more options added when he bought his, and he upgraded to a Lowrance 520 and a Lowrance 332. The Z9 has come standard with a 7 inch Lowrance since its inception. I guess a Motorguide Tour edition 82lb thrust is not good enough either. Its standard on other boat too. The 788 Hbird is standard on a Skeeter FX, and no bow electronic is included. I always look at other boat sites, all standard features leave a lot to be desired.

Heck if boat companies made boats that all of us internet "Pros" wanted they'd never sell anything. Heck I cannot afford what I see on some of the elites boats.

Lots of people here have not looked or given them a chance, lots of mis information. Go to the boat show and compare apples to apples. New boat to new boat. Sure you can get a 1 year old Ranger for a fairly good deal which would make is closer in price to a new current model year Nitro. If that's what you want go do it.

Posted By: White Oak Skeeter

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 03:08 PM

Coach, my point was that this starts people ragging. Often, coming from those who have never set foot on the boat being hammered. Shoot, I'd like to own a fleet, I'd get a Ranger and a Skeeter. I think Bass Cat is as ugly as the proverbial mud fence, but it's MY OPINION.

BigFish, my Dodge comment was tongue in cheek. I do know that the F150 that I test drive three months ago rattled so bad and had so much wind noise I couldn't hear myself think. Most Chevy's I've seen and reading road tests, tended to show they didn't hold up. I had a Dodge 3/4 ton that was tougher than any truck I ever had and I loved the hemi when I drove my new truck. But, again OPINION.

And, as I said, VanDam said he can drive any boat he wants. Yes, Nitro pays him, BUT so would any other manufacturer to have his name on their product. If he wanted a Ranger or Skeeter I'd bet he'd drive one.

Problem as I see it, most decide they are experts and don't mention that most of these posts are PURE OPINION based on little or no experience with the product portrayed as FACT.

Posted By: J C Outdoors

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 03:09 PM

Fishing the co side of the Ever Starts gets me rides in a lot of different boat brands. Mostly Rangers but I rode in a Nitro Z-8 with 250 Pro XS on Bull Shoals. The owner is an engineer for Nitro boats and knew how to drive a boat. This rig could haul the mail and was comfortable to fish out of. I think Nitro prices their boats low, makes them affordable and easy to qualify for a loan. Then they cash in on the 20 year financing and make the same money as the higher priced units of othere manufacturers. I agree on the resale. If you buy a Nitro and finance it you better be happy with it for a long time because you will be so unside down on your note for so long that your stuck with it.
The rough waters of Toledo Bend last week was tearing up every brand of boat and trolling motors.
I had a friend just purchase a rigged out 21' Expresss with 250 SHO, Talon, HDS units, 109 TM and tournament ready for 44K from Sartin Marine. These boats are great in rough water as well.
There are lots of choices, choose wisely and go fishing and enjoy whatever you purchase.

Posted By: T54

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 03:13 PM

90% of people who bash Nitro boats have not ridden in one in the last 5 years. Fished out of a 2012 Z8 the other day and it was an awesome ride for well under 40K, but most importantly, the cooler held around 50 beers with ice.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 03:21 PM

And, as I said, VanDam said he can drive any boat he wants. Yes, Nitro pays him, BUT so would any other manufacturer to have his name on their product. If he wanted a Ranger or Skeeter I'd bet he'd drive one.

Any boat brand would love to have VanDam use their equipment. Only Nitro/Bass Pro can put together the incentive package that has made VanDam wealthy. Its purely about the $$$.

Posted By: Mac Town Fuzz

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 03:22 PM

VanDam said he can drive any boat he wants. Yes, Nitro pays him, BUT so would any other manufacturer to have his name on their product. If he wanted a Ranger or Skeeter I'd bet he'd drive one.

I have NOTHING bad to say about nitro, I've never been in one other than at bass pro. The KVD comment always comes up. Yes, skeeter, ranger, bass cat or anyone else would be happy to sponsor KVD. Let's not forget the nitro sponsorship also cones with a bass pro sponsorship. That is a tough combination to pass up.

With that being said, buy the boat you want, not the boat the pro uses for a year and dumps off. Unless you have a mechanic following you around to fix whatever boat you buy after each tournament and you are going to trade up every year, do your research and buy what makes you happy. Most of us are going to keep our boats for many years.

Stratos and nitro do not have the following in TX that they have in other states, but they are highly sought out in other areas. In the end it's all personal preference that YOU have to make the payment on and fish out of.

Posted By: T-Gauntt

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 03:34 PM

Here is a Copy and Paste from EFS Jr on TFF.
Triton - $61,590.00
Nitro - $42,107.00......
Which boat did I buy, the Nitro.

Again, Everyone has their own opinion. I Drive a Chevy, and pull a Nitro. Who cares?! They're all quality, and if you take pride in the things you own they'll all meet your needs, and make you a happy fisherman. Last I checked there are still plenty of big fish being caught out of aluminum jon boats. If you have the money to spend then buy whatever makes you happy. Just to note... I have a '94 Nitro that has taken some serious abuse out at Fork, and Choke Canyon, and still works perfect.
Javelin - I think you'll be more than pleased!

Posted By: swalker9513

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 03:58 PM

I think some of you would be less offended if someone called your wife a "ho" than someone saying your boat is "[censored]".

I don't care much about this conversation, but it seems to me that what is lost on the resale is gained on the initial investment. That would take a lot of numbers to verify, and I don't really care that much. I will have to say that I've looked at stripped down, underpowered Skeeters and Rangers. You will find them on nearly every dealership showroom--just like you find stripped down, underpowered Nitros on the showroom floor. This is one of the most repeated complaints about Nitro, and most of the dealerships do the same thing.

Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 04:22 PM

$34,500,out the door, 2010 Z-8, 225 PROXS,crummy trolling motor and lowrance in dash, crummy battery charger.101 minkota, battery charger and battery, hds 8 on dash,5 on deck, hydrwave,about $5100 more and I am good to go.Buddy has Ranger that definetly rides better in extremely rough water, but as far as fishing goes, the decks are the same size, and I can go anywhere he can.He can run 73 and I can run 69-70 loaded. (I think my trolling motor out runs his)He paid around $60,000 and added power poles and hydrowave, and 1198 bird.Personaly I didn't think the extra money was worth it, just mho.

Posted By: Nitrodriver

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 05:06 PM

People, I for one am on my third Nitro an 07 929 DC with a Merc. 225 ProXS and the next boat I buy will be a NITRO. The only time it has been in a shop is for annual motor inspections/maint. to maintain warranty. I fish 2-4 times per week but I take care of my equipment. When not on the water it is garage kept and cleaned. The batteries were replaced last year. Use one day in and day out for a while and then you can talk! My first nitro was a 1989 bought used and it wasn't the greatest on fit and finish but it was solid, safe, excellent fishing platform. I've bought 2 new ones since. I have had skeeters, cajuns, and a ranger in the past. I prefer the Nitro! I am not a pro-staffer just a satisfied owner.

Posted By: 921ELITE Cranker

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 05:13 PM

Boats brands are like women!! Some like blondes, some like red heads, some like brunettes and some.....even like men!!

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Z520 Cranker
Boats brands are like women!! Some like blondes, some like red heads, some like brunettes and some.....even like men!!

So the ones who like men like the Nitros? grin

Posted By: kingdad101

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Huckleberry
Originally Posted By: Z520 Cranker

So the ones who like men like the Nitros? grin

Zing.... eeks

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: swalker9513

I don't care much about this conversation, but it seems to me that what is lost on the resale is gained on the initial investment. That would take a lot of numbers to verify, and I don't really care that much. I will have to say that I've looked at stripped down, underpowered Skeeters and Rangers. You will find them on nearly every dealership showroom--just like you find stripped down, underpowered Nitros on the showroom floor. This is one of the most repeated complaints about Nitro, and most of the dealerships do the same thing.

Same point I tried to make earlier - all the under power bashing is BS - nobody has to buy an underpowered Nitro - you can put whatever electronics - trolling motor - outboard etc. you want on the boat and still get a better deal.

Posted By: TerryWilliams

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 07:28 PM

Golly this is a tired argument. Why do the same guys complain that boat prices are getting too high because of all the top of the line upgrades and then turn around and say Nitro puts "crummy" electronics and accessories. Yall are some high rollers!

Posted By: CrankinStick aka Chadd

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 07:49 PM

I had to stop in Amarillo at a marine store this weekend to get new bearing for the trailer. They had a brand new Z-9 someone had ordered waiting to have all the bells and whistles put on it. He told me that guy was going to end up spending around 70k once it was all said and done. Now I am not saying they are good or bad boats, but after he told me that I realized they are def not the more economical choice.

A new Z9 cost around 49k after all the "bells and whistles" its around 70k.. Look at other boats that have comparable length and motor and they will be around 60-65k without bells and whistles.

Posted By: jumpnjohnfish

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: LFT Flippin King

A new Z9 cost around 49k after all the "bells and whistles" its around 70k.. Look at other boats that have comparable length and motor and they will be around 60-65k without bells and whistles.

A standard Z9 is $39,995. there is no way you can add 30 grand in options to it even with 4 hds-10's, 2 power poles, hell lets add 2 talons to the front aswell.

The salesman was blowing smoke up the brown eye.

Posted By: swalker9513

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 08:50 PM

Just went to "build a Nitro". Added all the extras I could choose from and got one to 60k. Prep, tax and title should get it close to 70

Posted By: ezbassin

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 09:48 PM

Triton - $61,590.00
Nitro - $42,107.00

Maybe that included a used tow vehicle.

Posted By: TexasTechliprip

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 10:54 PM

I can’t bash a boat that I haven’t owned….. but think about this

Bass pro specializes in mass production, henry ford assembly line style bulk wholesale purchases. When they have a reel that sells well, they go to market and find someone who will produce the reel on a much larger production scale to reduce cost. This same technique is used with their boats, allowing for a much cheaper product to be produced. I don’t think anyone will argue the fact that tracker boats are the most produced and sold. It is this level of production that Bass Pro is attempting to achieve with Nitro, look at home much money they spend on marketing with the elite pro’s.

When you mass produce the production of something to that large of a scale, inventory is accounted for down to the last screw. This can be a good and bad thing
Bad- corners will be cut to save $4.00 in production on a lid/latch/carpet a bolt or whatever…. saving $4.00 each boat 15,000 times adds up.
Good- faster production and reduced cost allowing for you unit price to be well below your competition

Posted By: LumberKat

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/05/12 11:52 PM

Ford, Chevy, Lincoln, Cadillac, etc.

Buy the boat you can afford. Some of you Ranger owners end up paying $100,000 when you figure 10 years on your $70,000 note or you trade them in so often, you'll never know exactly how good it is over the long haul.

I like my Nitro. It's 5 years old. I Paid it off in 3 years and it gets me to the fish. I've never had a problem with it. My buddy with a Basscat, now that's another story. He's always having some electrical problems.

You can look down your nose at me as you unload your Ranger. I don't really care.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 12:26 AM

Just went to "build a Nitro". Added all the extras I could choose from and got one to 60k. Prep, tax and title should get it close to 70

Exactly! I just did the same! I built one for 60,450. I'd rather spend my money on a new Eyra than a Z9.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: MikeSouza

Exactly! I just did the same! I built one for 60,450. I'd rather spend my money on a new Eyra than a Z9.

But since when does anyone spend "sticker price" on a boat or an automobile? This time of year you should be able to knock at least 10K off that price and later in the year probably 15 to 20K.

Posted By: 96speed

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 01:27 AM

Who gives a [censored] what kind of boat someone else has?

Posted By: WTXHooker

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 02:09 AM

im not ragging on the boat by any means but....

2012 NITRO Z-9 w/ 250 OptiMax Pro XS w/Torque Master and Trailer

NO HAGGLE NO HASSLE™
National Price
$ 39,995* USA

Prep: $495
Freight: $850
Your Price:$ 41,340 USA

Comes with.....
In-dash Lowrance® HDS-7 fishfinder/GPS
Minn Kota® Maxxum® 24V, 80-lb. thrust, 42" shaft, foot-controlled trolling motor

40k +........

Custom
10" (25.40 cm) Atlas jack plate w/Power-Pole® (dealer installed) $2,975
Power-Pole® (dealer installed) $ 1,875
Genuine NITRO® rope ratchet cover—Charcoal $ 825
SmartCraft® gauges $ 795
AM/FM/CD stereo (DC models only) $ 600

Battery Charger Exchange - Guest 4-bank battery charger $ 205

Bow Graph (because its not included) - Lowrance® HDS-10 w/StructureScan™ & RAM mount (dash graph option must also be chosen) $ 3,355

Dash Graph Exchange - Lowrance® HDS-10 w/StructureScan™. (RAM mount) $2,815

Performance & Steering - Trim lever on wheel $ 70
Hot Foot™ (non-Verado engines only) $ 150

Hardware & Equipment- 2 automatic bilge pumps $ 125
KeelGuard® (black or white) $ 315
2 oxygen generators w/shut-off switch $ 95
Loc-R-Bar® w/alarm $ 210

Trolling Motor - Minn Kota® Fortrex® 36V, 101-lb. thrust, 45” (1.14 m) shaft trolling motor w/Universal Sonar 2 $ 575

Trailer - Retractable trailer tie downs $ 65
17" (43.18 cm) custom chrome tire/wheel upgrade $ 1,300
Tandem-axle 2 brake $ 290

Thats $56,640 + tax,title, license... Prices straight from nitro's website stir

Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 03:52 AM

Love my new ranger, looked at the nitro but it didn't compare(the ranger is much more solid). You can buy a kia and put gold rims, custom seats, and all the high end aftermarket parts you want on it. When you drive down the road it still says kia on the front. Nitro most likely has vastly improved over the years, there's just a lot of baggage with the name.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 05:10 AM

But since when does anyone spend "sticker price" on a boat or an automobile? This time of year you should be able to knock at least 10K off that price and later in the year probably 15 to 20K.

I have noticed boats don't have near the margin as automobiles..

Not a fair comparison.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 12:58 PM

So that Eyra will come loaded for the that price?

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Brandon Dickenson

I have noticed boats don't have near the margin as automobiles..

Not a fair comparison.

It is a fair comparison when there are documented people getting that 10 to 20K off their Nitro boats, just not at BPS.

As far as the Kia comment, you may be still just driving a kia, but you will be driving a car that has the BEST warrantee in the business. smile

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 02:46 PM

You can't take why ONE boat manufacturer has done and compare it to the entre automobile market...

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 04:16 PM

The big issue that this raises with me and one of the many reasons I will avoid new boats.......accessories. Why are the add-ons at retail? That's just seems to me like extra profit margin at the dealer. You end up with 10 g's worth of add ons at full price.

If I ever did go the new boat route, it would be bare bones and I'd shop around to get the best deals on the graphs, power poles, hot foot, trolling motor etc.... Either that or they would be knocking a heck of a lot of that out the door price cause I know they aren't paying anywhere near retail for those add ons.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 04:19 PM

You can't take why ONE boat manufacturer has done and compare it to the entre automobile market...

OK then, a person does not go and pay sticker for a Ford F150 just like they dont pay sticker for a Nitro Z9. If you haggle you can get 10 to 15K knocked off.

BTW this thread is only about ONE boat Manufacturer.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Joefishin
The big issue that this raises with me and one of the many reasons I will avoid new boats.......accessories. Why are the add-ons at retail? That's just seems to me like extra profit margin at the dealer. You end up with 10 g's worth of add ons at full price.

If I ever did go the new boat route, it would be bare bones and I'd shop around to get the best deals on the graphs, power poles, hot foot, trolling motor etc.... Either that or they would be knocking a heck of a lot of that out the door price cause I know they aren't paying anywhere near retail for those add ons.

That's exactly the way I'm doing it Joey, and it's the only way to do it IMO!

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 04:23 PM

OK then, a person does not go and pay sticker for a Ford F150 just like they dont pay sticker for a Nitro Z9. If you haggle you can get 10 to 15K knocked off.

BTW this thread is only about ONE boat Manufacturer.

Not according to the title.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Joefishin

That's exactly the way I'm doing it Joey, and it's the only way to do it IMO!

cheers

Posted By: HawgHauler

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 06:43 PM

I'm not buying the story about a completely rigged out Z9 being 42,000. They are 40k with standard options. One rigged out like the guy in this thread said is 50k.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 06:52 PM

Man how long can Y'all drag this out loco de

Posted By: Z-8

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 07:09 PM

Your right my 2006 ranger 519vx would backwash over the back deck every time you stop, I had 3 hubs burn up and fall off, I had the axel break off the trailer, I have big cracks where the cooler/step is mounted, my seats ripped, the screws that are under the bumper guard kept backing out finally twisting and breaking off, and had a fish die in the live well because it got stuck in the corner, what boat builder makes that kind of mistake. So your right nitros in a better class I've got a 2 year old Z8 with over 300 hours on the motor with no problems anywhere close to my ranger.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 07:10 PM

Oh yeah and I had air pockets near the motor bolt holes and warranty had to repair it. Boy if that's quality I don't want it. Plus their contingency sucks.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 07:16 PM

My nitro will outrun any ranger and I'll fish off a front deck larger than any rangers waiting on them.

Posted By: Bullet20XrD

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 07:25 PM

Makes me glad I own a Bullet, I don't have to argue about all this nonsense. LOL! I think we can all agree that all bass boats are overpriced, along with accessories, lures, gas, and just about everything else involved in bass fishing nowadays.

The best way to save money and fish out of a new boat, whatever brand that may be, is to find a partner that is willing to buy one and fish with them.

Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 07:34 PM

de de de de blah blah blah ain't y'all drug this [censored] on long enough?

Posted By: jumpnjohnfish

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: 21xs Elite
de de de de blah blah blah ain't y'all drug this [censored] on long enough?

We are only on page 5 I am sure we can get 8 or 9 pages out of this before they lock it down

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 07:40 PM

There's a Nitro thread on page 13 or 14 in the boats and motors section.

Posted By: One Blessed Dude

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/06/12 09:36 PM

there is one at bass pro in grapevine that is totally decked out around 50 something. Pretty sweet

Posted By: txwhitetail

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/07/12 12:30 AM

You will receive a severe beatdown when trying to sell a used Nitro.

Posted By: DYOLLP

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/07/12 03:38 AM

The KVD argument is the best one. Do you guys buy everything KVD does? Same truck, sunglasses, reels, rods etc.

What about the other pros that don't use Nitro? Did they not have a choice? What boat does Skeet fish out of? I couldn't find a sponsor on his site. Does he actually pay for his boat? I wonder if the brand will change when he finds a company to pay him. When he was still a local pro, I believe he had a champion. His brother always fished in a ranger.

Obviously, most guys buy a boat to keep for more than one year. Comparing a guy that gets paid to fish out of a new boat every year to a guy that's going to buy a boat and keep it is silly.

I think Nitro makes a decent boat, but it wouldn't be my first choice. Yeah, it's the chevy, ford, dodge argument. I drive a toyota though. My next boat will be used, so who knows if it will be a ranger, bass cat, champion, skeeter or even nitro. I just want one without a darn E-bomb on the back, but that's another debate.

Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/07/12 03:41 AM

I could care less what the boat says on the side of it as long as it got my butt off the bank. Some are better than others I guess but as long as it floats, runs, and gets me back to the ramp then i ain't gonna bitch much about the brand. I owned a couple of Nitros and fished them hard. I would own another anyday.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/07/12 04:01 AM

Originally Posted By: DYOLLP
The KVD argument is the best one. Do you guys buy everything KVD does? Same truck, sunglasses, reels, rods etc.

What about the other pros that don't use Nitro? Did they not have a choice? What boat does Skeet fish out of? I couldn't find a sponsor on his site. Does he actually pay for his boat? I wonder if the brand will change when he finds a company to pay him. When he was still a local pro, I believe he had a champion. His brother always fished in a ranger.

Obviously, most guys buy a boat to keep for more than one year. Comparing a guy that gets paid to fish out of a new boat every year to a guy that's going to buy a boat and keep it is silly.

I think Nitro makes a decent boat, but it wouldn't be my first choice. Yeah, it's the chevy, ford, dodge argument. I drive a toyota though. My next boat will be used, so who knows if it will be a ranger, bass cat, champion, skeeter or even nitro. I just want one without a darn E-bomb on the back, but that's another debate.

Skeet runs a new Stratos Elite

Posted By: LSUfan

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/07/12 04:12 AM

I love these post, its a simple fact that whatever boat a person currently owns is the best product you can possibly buy and everything else is inferior...until they buy a different brand boat smile NONE of them are worth what they are charging these days in my opinion but they have used great marketing and ridiculous financing options in order to get every tom, dick and harry to think they need and can afford a 50K bass boat smile Financing has led to inflated boat prices because it seems the majority of my generation and those behind me don't care about what the total price of something is in the end they only worry about what the monthly payment is and the boat industry was smart enought to take advantage of that opportunity!

Posted By: b00stin4

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/07/12 04:58 AM

I'll put my 10yr old nitro up against any other brand 10yr old boat out there and I bet she was still cheaper lol

Posted By: RJohnson

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/07/12 09:39 AM

My fishing partner is a Ranger guy.We started fishing together in mid 2009,he had a 08 Z-21/250 Yammy.He hated the engine.He paid 55k,17 months old sold,it for 30k.Ordered a 2010 Z 520/250 HO E-tec.This boat was a nightmare.Paid 63k,11 months old,it sold for 40k.(SO MUCH FOR RANGER RESALE !!)Bought 2011 Z 521 with 250 SHO Yammy.Paid 67K,This is one sweet ride but its been in the shop several times for accessory and trailer brake problems.Fished the Legend tourny on Fork a few weeks ago and the motor started sqeaking...now he's talking about a BassCat with 350 Merc.Guess he will take another 20k+ A$$ whopping.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/07/12 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By: RJohnson
My fishing partner is a Ranger guy.We started fishing together in mid 2009,he had a 08 Z-21/250 Yammy.He hated the engine.He paid 55k,17 months old sold,it for 30k.Ordered a 2010 Z 520/250 HO E-tec.This boat was a nightmare.Paid 63k,11 months old,it sold for 40k.(SO MUCH FOR RANGER RESALE !!)Bought 2011 Z 521 with 250 SHO Yammy.Paid 67K,This is one sweet ride but its been in the shop several times for accessory and trailer brake problems.Fished the Legend tourny on Fork a few weeks ago and the motor started sqeaking...now he's talking about a BassCat with 350 Merc.Guess he will take another 20k+ A$$ whopping.
So your buddy has spent (or lost) $48,ooo in the last 3 years on bass boats? He is like a one man stimulus package- Wow

Posted By: ShawnT

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/07/12 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: b00stin4
I'll put my 10yr old nitro up against any other brand 10yr old boat out there and I bet she was still cheaper lol

Put your 10yr old Nitro up for sale vs any other 10yr old boat with same specs and price and let us know what happens.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/07/12 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: RJohnson
When you spend $50k-$60k plus on a toy to buy it new when you can buy a nice used one for $20k, you're going to take a beating. You certainly don't buy a new boat as an investment. Rangers sell quicker and typically hold their value better if you buy them lightly used (aka buy one for $25k and you can probably still easily sell it for $20k a couple years later if you take care of it). Also, Nitros tend to sit on the market for a long time unless you're willing to give it away. By brand alone, you've eliminated about 50% or more of your buyers.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/07/12 01:46 PM

Posted By: Thinwater skinner

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/07/12 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Bayjohn
Originally Posted By: GoPokes
Good luck on here- Buy a boat and go fishing- If you want to stir up some of the elite group on here, buy a Nitro-

Dang, I just bought a used NITRO... I wonder if it will float?

Posted By: RJohnson

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/07/12 03:46 PM

So your buddy has spent (or lost) $48,ooo in the last 3 years on bass boats? He is like a one man stimulus package- Wow[/quote]
My buddy is crazy as a sprayed roach! He is not rich,he works hard everyday.Best I can tell the Ranger is the only money he owes.He says if he's paying a big boat payment,he should have the boat that he wants.

Posted By: Ryorgensen

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/07/12 04:35 PM

kvd can have any boat he wants and he still chooses nitro.....just sayin..lol...

Posted By: USA-1

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/07/12 04:50 PM

interesting how the talk of Nitro leads to many pages of pros and cons about the company and boat.

i havent read thru all the stuff here but im guessing the law of averages would conclude some people like the boat and others dont. next topic ?

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/07/12 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Ryorgensen
kvd can have any boat he wants and he still chooses nitro.....just sayin..lol...

KVD would be fishing out of a Bayliner if they paid him more than BPS and Nitro.....just sayin.

Posted By: nel75929

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/07/12 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: LSUfan
NONE of them are worth what they are charging these days in my opinion but they have used great marketing and ridiculous financing options in order to get every tom, dick and harry to think they need and can afford a 50K bass boat smile Financing has led to inflated boat prices because it seems the majority of my generation and those behind me don't care about what the total price of something is in the end they only worry about what the monthly payment is and the boat industry was smart enought to take advantage of that opportunity!

When I bought my boat (just happens to be a nitro) I couldn't believe the financing on new boats. I got mine at a boat show and among all the dealers the common consensus was how low they could get your monthly payments. When I finally decided on one and asked for quotes on a 3 year and 5 year loan they looked at me like I was crazy and even said "you realize that's going to make the payment go up substantially..." as if I didn't understand that.

needless to say I agree whole heartedly with this post. The finance guy told me that their typical customer doesn't care about the term or total price but just is interested in the monthly payment. It's a sad world when that's true, especially when talking about high dollar "luxury" items.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/07/12 05:46 PM

Posted By: Chaz391

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/07/12 09:27 PM

2012 Z-7 owner. Got the new Merc 150 4 stroke and couldnt be happier. Will I be happy in 5 years? Who knows. Same goes for any large purchase.

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/07/12 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Chaz391
2012 Z-7 owner. Got the new Merc 150 4 stroke and couldnt be happier. Will I be happy in 5 years? Who knows. Same goes for any large purchase.
Congrats on the boat Chaz- Go have ya some fun-

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/07/12 10:21 PM

How many blows to the head from a rock does it take to kill a bass?

Posted By: ShamrockSmith

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/23/12 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Elite Fleet
Test drive all the brands before you buy. Test drive a Skeeter and this conversation is over!
^^^THIS!

Posted By: ChrisR

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/23/12 02:34 AM

TTT

Posted By: GoPokes

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/23/12 02:49 AM

How many blows to the head from a rock does it take to kill a bass?

Uncalled for, but I laughed.

Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/23/12 03:03 AM

I bought a Nitro brand new back in the mid 90's and got my clock cleaned when I got ready to sell it. I had owned Rangers up until then and always had a good resale. I hope to buy a new rig in the next couple of years and I have been crunching numbers. I want to say the last time I got on the Nitro web site and used the build a boat option by the time I got a Z9 rigged out like I wanted it I was well over $50k. Another gripe I have with Nitro is they refuse to discuss hull construction, when all the other major players seem to be proud of how they build their boats. What have they got to hide? Are they ashamed of what they build? They have a heck of a break down on how they build their trailers but I won't be running the trailer through stump fields in a lake. I'd rather spend money on something that I know how it is built. That being said if things don't green up around here after this economy turns around I may very well be running a base Nitro or used boat.......

Posted By: nitroZ7girl

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 06/23/12 03:13 AM

Last year my hubby retired and I bought him a 2011 Nitro Z7. He fishes EVERY DAY and I go with him on weekends since I still work so this boat gets a lot of use. We love the Z7 however, it has broken down on the lake 4 times. Every time we take it to BPS, they keep it at least a week or two (maybe that is normal, I don't know). We missed most of spawning season this year.

Other than those issues, he loves the Z7 but I will look at other brands when we get our next boat.

Posted By: TX Cranker

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 08/22/12 05:51 PM

I'd float on a log if it got me to a fish. Think of the money you'd save then.

If the boat can get you to point A and back and you have fun doing it, then who cares what make it is. I fished out of a 17' Tracker for a couple years before I got my older Champion. I love my boat now, but I had alot of fun in the Tracker and didn't have to empty my pockets doing it.

Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 08/22/12 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: nitroZ7girl
Last year my hubby retired and I bought him a 2011 Nitro Z7. He fishes EVERY DAY and I go with him on weekends since I still work so this boat gets a lot of use. We love the Z7 however, it has broken down on the lake 4 times. Every time we take it to BPS, they keep it at least a week or two (maybe that is normal, I don't know). We missed most of spawning season this year.

Other than those issues, he loves the Z7 but I will look at other brands when we get our next boat.

Wouldn't that be a motor brand issue and not a boat brand issue if you broke down on the water?

Posted By: catslayer

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 08/22/12 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Caribou
Nope, the more economical choice is to wait 2 years til that guy sells it because the new model is out, and buy it then for way less than he paid.

Yes, though I am in a ten year old nitro that is awesome... that said I wouldn't ever buy a new boat unless I hit the lotto...

Posted By: Puma Jim

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 08/22/12 08:18 PM

I had a nitro and although a good boat I'll never go back. My big issue with them is they are unpowered in everything from the trolling motor to the outboard and everything in between. By the time you rig it right you are better off getting one of the better well know brands. In order to really comment about nitros you should have owned one or currently own one.

Posted By: catslayer

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 08/22/12 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: KVS
Originally Posted By: Elite Fleet
^^^THIS!

idk about this one... every rode in a Legend... I like newer skeeters a LOT but was shocked by how much I liked a legend... this would be my lotto boat lol

Posted By: BMCD

Re: For All the Nitro vs. Any other bass boat talk. - 08/22/12 09:48 PM

Wow this one was brought back from the bottom.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum