Forums59
Topics1,039,661
Posts13,968,610
Members144,210
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 13 of 46 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 45 46
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Yaffe (Jeff)] #7518051 05/11/12 06:47 PM
C
crappieking95 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Yaffe (Jeff)
LOL

Philippians 4:13
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #7518064 05/11/12 06:50 PM
Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V. Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.
Originally Posted By: skeeter22
Dang, John, wash your boat!

Dexter did that smile

Seriously ... We had to give him a few drum we caught .. Look by his paw .. Thats a white bass .. He ripped there heads off smile and yes .. That counted as one of his 25 ... Kevin,s smile

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #7518071 05/11/12 06:52 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
By the look of the boat, Dexter won't smell so good after that trip.

My wife would kill me!

[Linked Image]
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #7518668 05/11/12 09:11 PM
S
SeaPro-Todd Online Sleepy
TFF Celebrity
Online Sleepy
TFF Celebrity
S
Haha! Nice report! It was great meeting Dexter and his companion today! Looks like a 1-man limit and 1-man's best friend limit today LOL!

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #7518852 05/11/12 09:46 PM
V
VIP Fishing Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
V
Great report John! I know right where to go now!

Originally Posted by Derek
I do enjoy a good Squirt now and then.
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #7519055 05/11/12 10:39 PM
Paul Rogers Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that the winner tomorrow will have to fish "new" water and will have to hunt for BIGGUNS. The spots that have been holding lots of decent size fish aren't going to cut it. Somebody is going to need ten 15"+ fish. They're out there....

Paul Rogers
www.RealtorRogers.com
Realtor @ City Real Estate, Ellis County
214-668-8467
Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Report 5-18 thru 5-20 , 2012 #7562065 05/23/12 02:01 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
This is my weekend report ... 

May 18 ,2012 

Had fellow TFF 's  Bill , Gary and KV on a morning trip for Ray Hubbard . We started out early and I took a gamble on a spot that usually holds hybrids this time of year and it DID NOT pay off ....I wasted time and all we showed for it was 1 white bass and less fuel smile fishing was pretty tough that day .. But. Managed our load of whites but no hybrids .... Ended up trying multiple spots with little results but 1 spot held good fish .. Thanks Bombbay for the call .. All fish caught on 1 oz Peekwi Chieftain from www.moestackleshop.com in 22-29 ft water ... Raised real high with a pop at the top smile thank you guys it was a pleasure fishing with you :) 

May 19, 2012 

Had the Williams family out for morning fishing on Ray Hubbard ... When you don't gamble it pays off smile fish the flats where fish should be and we pulled up T 6:40 am and had the first fish at 6:43 am smile they informed me that they didn't want to keep a limit and just keep some big ones ... Well after having 50 big whites in the box by 7:45 am they " Mom" said lets keep our limit so they could have a HUGE fish fry .. By this time I already threw back many keepers smile when that action died off we went hunting ... Ended up at the spot that has held fish ... Ended up at 10:30 am with 86 whites kept and 25 mph winds so we called it a morning sincere started at 6:30 am .... All fish caught on 1oz  Chieftain and 3" Co--Co Moe's with puma jig heads from www.moestackleshop.com .... 

May 20,2012 

Had the Reed  family for a morning trip on Hubbard ... Started at 6:30 am with a little less action on the flats ... We did manage a couple of small hybrids and a few shorties as well... The huge whites where in there but the schooling action was sporadic . We moved around to a few places and ended up sitting in a hole and fish would moved through ... The Reed's have fished with me for about 4 yrs and it is fun when you get to see kids grow smile I was lucky enough for that day to not have to keep fish .. And the kids where more interested into taking fish off their selves smile it was hoot .. At one time they wanted  too work the trolling motor and take their fish off ... Very calm day and I am surprised the fishing was as good as it was ... All fish caught 1oz  Chieftain , SSS and 3" Co--Co Moe's with puma jig heads from www.moestackleshop.com .... 

THANK S for a great weekend smile I have spots open in June so give me a call :) 

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #7562813 05/23/12 04:38 PM
C
crappieking95 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Great reports John, cant wait till we hook up!

Philippians 4:13
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #7564710 05/23/12 10:28 PM
S
SeaPro-Todd Online Sleepy
TFF Celebrity
Online Sleepy
TFF Celebrity
S
Nice job, twin brother! You're the only guide I know who makes his customers dive down to retrieve the buoy marker? Thats pretty close to having Dexter on board. LOL!

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com #7601876 06/03/12 02:32 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Had 2 morning trips 6-1 and 6-2-2012 . 

Had guest Richard and his 2 grand kids Friday morning for some fun on Ray Hubbard .. Started out early at 6:30 am and fished hard till 12:00 pm . That front , rain and full moon slowed down the fishing for sure. Not much going on early either ... By 10:45 am had maybe 10 whites in the box with a few smaller ones released. I was going to check a spot and a crane caught my eye with his neck stretched and the very weird way they land in the water smile that saved the day .. Had 4 inch gizzards blowing out of the water ... Caught 32 whites and 2 hybrids there with that ninth inning home run ... Water was 77 degrees , winds were North 10-16 mph ... All fish caught on puma jig heads , 3 in CO CO MOE's , 1'oz SSS SLABS and the hybrids on the 2oz fiesta from www.moestackleshop.com in 3-28 ft water . 

Saturday 6-2-12  

Had guest crappieking95 and his mother on the boat for a morning trip on Hubbard . Started early again and it really didn't pay off smile I checked multiple spots early and finally just happened upon some shad jumping out of the water smile at that point with boats about 100 yards from me , I showed Xavier the fine art of mastering the turn your boats sideways , with your back to the boats and very discreetly put fish in the boat with everybody seeing you methods smile we whacked some big whites before that played out .. And only had 1 boat come near us thumb it's was also nice having a young man that could fish so well in the boat also . Finally later that morning ended up finding a small school that would move across the screen and we picked up some descent fish ... As we were headed in Paul called and he was on some fish so we went over there and joined the fun. Winds were south 10 mph water was 75-78 degrees .. All fish caught on puma jig heads with 3 inch CO CO MOE's and 1 oz SSS SLABS from www.moestackleshop.com  in 12-26 ft water. It's was a pleasure having Xavier and his mom on the boat smile I passed on some good tips and we went over the side imagine cause I am sure before long , he will have his own boat smile I love teaching just enthusiastic young people the fun of fishing .. 

This weekend I burned a lot gas... I would find a big school of fish and caught 3 and they would be gone.. They were all over the place .. No real pattern , just checking different depths and locations . By what I have seen on the TFF looks like the afternoons are better right now ... Thanks guys 

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #7601911 06/03/12 02:42 PM
PlanoKeith Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Thanks for the report John. I guess I should have followed you so my nephew could have at least caught something rolfmao
But we still had a good time. Looks like you did great both days. Thanks for the report and the pics. Good to see you out there. thumb

Keith smile

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #7601937 06/03/12 02:52 PM
Y
Yaffe (Jeff) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Y
Nice Report John. Think I'll wait to see what the wind does this afternoon and decide whether or not to give it a try.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #7603582 06/04/12 12:39 AM
F
Filletmaker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Way to go John it always nice to read yours and Pauls reports.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #7605025 06/04/12 02:59 PM
B
BassProJD Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Thanks! Glad u saw the crane!! That was a nice little pointer!

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com #7628769 06/10/12 02:58 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
6-7-12

Had first time guest Tim on an afternoon trip on Hubbard . We checked a couple of spots that have been producing and Tim also wanted to learn the lake a bit . Checked an area that haven't been holding fish , but should and had a few huge marks !!!! Drooped a 2 oz fiesta down and hooked onto a hybrid ... With a few huge whites mixed in .... Hooked onto a big hybrid ... But it got off frown headed to another area and seen some fellow TFF guys and I set up a drift on one of my favorite areas and whacked some big whites and hybrids mixed in ... Great afternoon on the water !!! About 6:30 pm Tim said he was done ... I looked at him and said " these hybrids are here " said he was good and was ready ... He asked if he could stop at his dock and grab a cold adult beverage while I cleaned fish ... Asked if I wanted one and I said " if they are really cols I will take one while I clean " smile it was super cold :) 

Wanted to try out the new lures from www.moestackleshop.com but ended up just using slabs :) 

6-8-12  morning 

Had a trip that I helped Paul " metroplex guide service" with , had 11 people in the group . Paul did an outstanding job of organizing this for those folks . People don't realize that these group trips can be chaotic smile and Paul handled it very well and professional ... Fishing was a little tougher that day ... Thought we would find some good schooling action but found very little .... Found fish on deep water humps .. Sassy Man "Doug" also helped Paul with this trip .. We caught a lot of fish and they were very happy smile thanks Paul .... 

6-8-12 Afternoon 

Had repeat guest Darrell  and his sons ... Checked a few spots with sporadic fish caught and went to the same deep water hump I did Thursday afternoon ... I never left that spot smile the fish were thick and easy for the boys to catch .. We even hooked into a couple of hybrids for the boys ...  I looked in my binoculars and I could see a far away boat show ... Man there was a lot sitting on top of each other ... I stayed away from that , stayed in our spot smile its summer time and the boats are out ... Time for crowds , trolling , running motor through fish and a little rudeness .. And that is just the fisherman smile mixed in with the ski boats and jets fleas smile it is summer once again on a very crowded lake smile everybody be careful ... 

All fish caught on 1 oz Peekwi Chieftain and 2 oz fiestas in 24-34 ft water ... Also used the new  RH McQueen Tail Spinner with some schooling fish and it was a great lure ... If you see me out say hi ... Be careful and cool headed with the summer time lake fishing ... No reason to stress ... 
I have some dates open so give me a call thumb

Page 13 of 46 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 45 46
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide