Print Thread
Dissatisfation with Navions support PC App #7314576 03/21/12 06:42 AM
N
NLester Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
N
I am dissatisfied with Navionics support of PC App.

If everything goes right, things are fine, other than a lack of documentation. If things go wrong there is not support.

I had a problem with my initial installation of the maps for PC App maps. After I got no support from Navionics, I wiped every file and register entry out on my PC that refered to PC Apps or Navionics and tried to reinstall the application and maps. This worked but the problems still exists. I can only view a partial set of the maps.

I have tried everything I could think of but I can not resolve the problem. One attempt was to setup and other userid and install PC App and the Maps for the new user. That works but the problems still exists for the original userid. If you have a bad installation, running the uninstall app and reinstalling should resolve the issue. It does not do it in this case. I even tried copying the files and registery entries from the working user id to the problem user id. The PC App works for both users but for one user I view a complete set of maps and for the other user I view a partial set of maps on the same PC running Windows 7 using identical files and register parameters.

I am starting to think that the problems may be a problem in the database on the Navionics computer. The problem occurred when I was registering the map data on the original installation. This may have corrupted a parameter in the Navionics databasse.

I have no idea about where to go from here, I have tried to communicate with Navionics about the issue but I only get a thank you for the information in response.

I would like to delete the bogus userid from my computer and just use the "OWNER" userid assigned by Windows 7.

I was also dissapointed that when I tried using the uninstall application supplied by Navionics, a massive amount of data was left on my PC that required being manually deleted.

Any suggestions?

Re: Dissatisfation with Navions support PC App [Re: NLester] #7315026 03/21/12 01:04 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
That stinks dude. I got my PC app installed without a hiccup at all. Sounds like you're about at wits end (or I would be after that experience). Good luck getting it fixed. Maybe one of the navionics guys on here can offer some assistance.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Dissatisfation with Navions support PC App [Re: NLester] #7315715 03/21/12 03:28 PM
C
Chad711 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Sorry to hear that. I stopped buying their products last year due to the lack of customer satisfaction.

Re: Dissatisfation with Navions support PC App [Re: NLester] #7321515 03/22/12 07:17 PM
B
Bass N Beer Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
I have the same problems with mine. Once I get it working, if they come out with a Software Update (Not Map Update), I have to completely uninstall and wipe everything clean and re-download and install from scratch. Navionics support was no help. The other problem I have is on Map Updates, it will not work wirelessly thru my computer. I have to physically connect a cord between my Laptop and the wireless router, then disable the wireless connection, and everything downloads fine.

Re: Dissatisfation with Navions support PC App [Re: NLester] #7330794 03/25/12 01:55 AM
T
Todd B Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
I think they fixed it. I had been trying to load it on my new notebook for about a month and gave up. Today I tried it again and it loaded right up. The problem I was having is the web store would not load. It is working off wireless router.

Re: Dissatisfation with Navions support PC App [Re: NLester] #7342782 03/27/12 09:56 PM
N
NLester Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
N
I finally kept searching for files on the copy of PC Apps that loaded correctly and copying the files that I found over to the user ID with the bad copy of the PC App until I finally find some files that corrected the problem

PC Apps seems to have a lot of file bloat if you are running PC Apps under more that one user ID. A lot for data is left on your PC when you delete the application from your PC. The application does not do an adequate of cleaning up after it's self an it is not easy to correct problems when they occur.

I am assuming that most of the "freshest data" downloads are for Community Data updates and not chart changes. I think they need to notify you of the impact of the changes that you are downloading.

Re: Dissatisfation with Navions support PC App [Re: NLester] #7344894 03/28/12 12:41 PM
F
Fishalert Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
I've had problems with the NAV PC app too.Trying to save waypoints to an SD card. After two or three weeks of e-mails going back and forth I finally figured it out and it works now but this was back the beginning of February and they still haven't provided me a fix. The support is lousy. I started getting some replies after I posted my problem on the Navionics Facebook page. I think it would help get them interested if more of us would post our problems on their Facebook page. Anyway, that's what I'm going to go. If my unit would support the Lakemaster, I would change.

Re: Dissatisfation with Navions support PC App [Re: NLester] #7346336 03/28/12 06:23 PM
S
Stogie Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
Had to delete mine and re-install and now they want to charge me for it.

The difference between men & boys is the price of their toys.

Re: Dissatisfation with Navions support PC App [Re: Stogie] #7425230 04/18/12 12:52 AM
N
NLester Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
N
For over a month, I could not get a response on an installation problem with PC APP. I started posting complaints on every forum I could find. They sent me a solution a week later. I think they are in develpment and we are the Beta Testers.

Actually, I fixed it a few days before they sent me the fix. I install it under a different user id and that created a whole new set of user files. I used those files to overlay the user data files under the original user id with the problem and the userid with the problem started working.

Too much duplicate data if you have multiple users on the same PC.

Last edited by NLester; 04/18/12 01:33 AM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide