Forums59
Topics1,039,907
Posts13,972,007
Members144,222
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX [Re: rxkid2001] #5839001 02/12/11 06:45 AM
#
#1 r_e_t_s_a_m s_s_a_b Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
#
sorry for your loss marc hopefully it ends on a better note.i have read several reports on vehicles being stolen, or broken into while at bps. not only at this store but at several other bps locations seems they're targets for these riff raffs. for the managers at bps i do use your store, but only for a few minutes because of these types of crimes. i make a detailed list of items so i get in, and out quick as possible. seldom do i spend more than 10 minutes in your store, i would love to spend a hour or so browsing and probably buying more but i cannot shop with peace of mind, and i never stop there if i am heading out fishing with my gear even if i need to resupply. i will sacrifice not cathing a bass rather than giving a thief a better chance at my truck or fishing equipment. p.s yes i know the thieves only need a few seconds or minutes i am just trying to cut the odds more in my favor.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX [Re: fish&coach] #5839036 02/12/11 07:39 AM
B
blooper961 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Every little mom and pop business has security cameras in thier parking lot.Why are they missing from Bass Pro Shops?

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX [Re: blooper961] #5839077 02/12/11 09:42 AM
B
Black Bass Blake Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Just hire a security company to moniter the parking lot during business hours, heck they can even drive the Artic cat and make rounds.

"A parent is only as good as they're dumbest child. If one wins the Nobel Peace Prize, but the other gets robbed by a hooker you failed"
Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX [Re: Black Bass Blake] #5839186 02/12/11 01:01 PM
L
Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
I guess for me like others here it just makes sense to have cameras there. If you see a sign but no cameras then the thiefs know they can take what ever they want at anytime. I really did not know there were no cameras till this happend to me. I just do not understand it. I never heard about a thief of a truck over there until this happend to me then lots of you came forward. I am frustrated at the way all this has played out not that the cameras would have caught them to take them to jail but it may have gave us a face or car or something to look at to save the next person and go after the punks. I know now my truck and all the good stuff is gone and it kills me inside and only the ones that have been stole from know this feeling. Cant sleep well,cant stop thinking about what you could of done different and just imagining the punks stand by your truck taking everything and laughing the whole time. Makes you sick to your stomach and MAD ! Now if something was beeing done about it you would at least think someone cares about the events taking place but no one wants to fix the problem. Very disturbing to me.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX [Re: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell] #5839279 02/12/11 01:56 PM
L
Lil' Louie Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Hey Marc if you havent already done so you might want to inform your local PD where you live and let them know. they can conduct close patrols of your house just so you can sleep a little better at night. Sorry this happened to ya buddy....

[Linked Image]

PB 12.88lbs, Lake Fork 3-17-2013 8:45 a.m.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX [Re: Lil' Louie] #5839292 02/12/11 02:04 PM
L
Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
I contacted them yesterday, not sure they came out last night or not but I did make them aware of the situation. Thanks for the thought.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX [Re: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell] #5839431 02/12/11 02:56 PM
L
Lil' Louie Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
I doubt they will come to your house. There has been a string of thefts like this all over the metroplex. They usually chop the vehicle and are done with it. Scott Gordon had his truck stolen as well and to my knowledge also never saw it again. Sucks for sure man. And to be honest, cameras dont do a whole lot of good if you can't identify the person stealing. If you can then they are great. sometimes they just add more disappointment especially when you catch someone on video but can't ID them!!! Its very disappointing!! Either way they should at least install camera's to have a better chance. They arent that expensive.... Good Luck Marc and again sorry for your loss.... Someone (believed to be my ex) drained all the oil out of my lower unit and I blew it up a few weeks ago not knowing it was out of oil...Ive also been broken into before so I know what it feels like... Dont get me wrong I am totally for camera's and catching the scumbags, just saying its a slap in the face if they can't be ID'ed...Good luck again sir...

[Linked Image]

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX [Re: Lil' Louie] #5839445 02/12/11 03:02 PM
K
kamerai Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K
hang m high. hung

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX [Re: kamerai] #5839520 02/12/11 03:21 PM
WaterLogged Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I put a commercial GPS Unit on our work fleet, They are placed where they are hidden and someone wouldn't be able to remove it without disabling the vehicle and get it back together before its found. Its been installed a year and our employees didn't know it was there. Cost was about 500 and monthly fee is about 25.00 and its web based, You can monitor it online and when you mouse over the car it gives you the address of where car/truck is. The car/truck can be disabled by clicking a link on a webpage.

This would be a good option to bait someone and catch them when they take the truck somewhere. I would be happy to donate to the cause.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX [Re: WaterLogged] #5839576 02/12/11 03:43 PM
L
Lou r Pitcher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Well, BPS store at Garland must be concerned as they did help me recently......I was pulling my boat to Fork and had forgotten my trailering motor clips so I called ahead and told them I did not want to leave my loaded boat unattended in their parking lot. So I temporarily parked close to their front door in a fire zone and they met me there in the parking lot, made sure the parts fit and we did the sale outside. Nice folks. My only problem was by that time a crowd oo'ing and aw'ing around my boat hampered me trying to drive away from my parking spot. Must have been aboaut 40 looking at my rig.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX [Re: Lil' Louie] #5839607 02/12/11 03:56 PM
K
Ken Starling Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
K
Scott did find his truck tore all to he!! and it was stolen from the parking lot at his work.I had a buddy in our club have his truck stolen at BPS in November the police told him its mainly 3/4 ton trucks being taken. Sorry about your loss. Might contact the pawn shop there at 30 and beltline to be on a lookout for fishing gear...
Originally Posted By: Lil' Louie
I doubt they will come to your house. There has been a string of thefts like this all over the metroplex. They usually chop the vehicle and are done with it. Scott Gordon had his truck stolen as well and to my knowledge also never saw it again. Sucks for sure man. And to be honest, cameras dont do a whole lot of good if you can't identify the person stealing. If you can then they are great. sometimes they just add more disappointment especially when you catch someone on video but can't ID them!!! Its very disappointing!! Either way they should at least install camera's to have a better chance. They arent that expensive.... Good Luck Marc and again sorry for your loss.... Someone (believed to be my ex) drained all the oil out of my lower unit and I blew it up a few weeks ago not knowing it was out of oil...Ive also been broken into before so I know what it feels like... Dont get me wrong I am totally for camera's and catching the scumbags, just saying its a slap in the face if they can't be ID'ed...Good luck again sir...

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX [Re: Ken Starling] #5840144 02/12/11 07:06 PM
B
Bilge Bait Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Thieving is such an intolerable subject for me...

I still like the idea of chopping off hands or fingers of thieves in public. Of course the punishment would have to fit the crime.

For those who go the distance to protect their solid morals and values and teach their children the same, I Thank You!!!

A paging alarm system with GPS and remote satellite kill will be going on my truck in a month or so. I hope that I never find a thief before the police do. Not sure I would be able to control my rage.

The scenario I want, is if I am on the water and truck gets stolen, I want to be able to call police and give GPS coords, hit a webpage from my smartphone and disable the vehicle, or while on the phone with police have them login to my webpage and pull the coords or disable the vehicle for me. Having options is good.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX [Re: Bilge Bait] #5840275 02/12/11 07:54 PM
WaterLogged Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Mine had a webpage, but also had an IPhone app

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX [Re: Ken Starling] #5840288 02/12/11 07:57 PM
L
Lil' Louie Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: Ken Starling
Scott did find his truck tore all to he!! and it was stolen from the parking lot at his work.I had a buddy in our club have his truck stolen at BPS in November the police told him its mainly 3/4 ton trucks being taken. Sorry about your loss. Might contact the pawn shop there at 30 and beltline to be on a lookout for fishing gear...
Originally Posted By: Lil' Louie

you know what youre right! I remembering seeing the pics of it! I stand corrected....and yea it was at his work...not at the BPS

[Linked Image]

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX [Re: Lil' Louie] #5840407 02/12/11 08:59 PM
R
rxkid2001 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
I wonder if they can make a ignition system that can't be hotwired. That or put the parts required for the a holes to start it hidden away to be near impossible to get at them.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide