Texas Fishing Forum

Thiefs in the parking lot at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX

Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Thiefs in the parking lot at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 03:28 AM

Well this is really tuff for me to post and I know it has nothing to do with bass fishing but I need to get this out for me and everyone. I stopped in Bass Pro today for about a 1/2 hour to pick up some things and I went in at about 2:30-3 pm. I came back out and my truck had been stolen in broad day light front role. If anyone has ever seen my truck it is loaded with decals all over it. I know it is to late to find it but if anyone seen my truck leaving the Bass Pro lot today between 2:30-3 pm and you may have seen which direction it went contact me or the Garland PD. We need to be on the look out and catch these punks. There have been 4 trucks and a boat taken from the BPS lot since Nov so I have been told.That is way to many times in a short period not to get caught. No video of my truck at all that I know of. Please keep on the look out for suspisous activity at BPS. If you see my truck or have any leads of where it went or the person who took it contact me or Garlnd PD. If you drive a F250 beware of where you park in any lot ! Thanks
Posted By: Gone Shank'n

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 03:30 AM

That is ridiculous! Good luck, I hope they find and hang those punks!
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 03:31 AM

no way........ I hope they get whats coming to them.
Posted By: 921ELITE Cranker

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 03:33 AM

I have heard many stories about the BPS parking lot. You would think they would address that at some point. Enough is enough!!
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 03:34 AM

That sucks Marc. Hope it gets resolved soon. Hopefully the PD will patrol it better.
Posted By: water_surge

basterds mad
Posted By: cbog34

i would think at number 2 or 3 bps would put a couple of cameras out or around there parking lot. That sucks feel for ya man.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 03:35 AM

A good friend of mine had his F250 broken into up there last week. They did about $3500 worth of damage and theft. He was also told they have no cameras in the parking lot.
Posted By: water_surge

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 03:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Z520 Cranker
I have heard many stories about the BPS parking lot. You would think they would address that at some point. Enough is enough!!
I see police presence at Grapevine all the time, but never at Garland.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 03:37 AM

Maybe traffic cams in the area will spot your truck. That's terrible and I hope you find it in one piece.
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 03:38 AM

Man there is only one exit to the place. How hard would it be to put a camera at the exit. Sorry to here about truck. I despise thieves more than anything.

Reggie
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 03:40 AM

Wow, that sucks.

With 4 trucks and a boat missing, it's time for some cameras and/or a security person. That will cost less than the results of allowing more trucks to be stolen from their property.

I'm not saying it's necessarily the fault of BPS, but they should do something about it.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 03:43 AM

Sorry to hear Mark. I hope they are caught.
Posted By: swampcat

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 03:43 AM

Post a pic of your truck?
Posted By: ToadSnatcher14

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 03:44 AM

That is terrible! Had mine stolen back in November so I feel your pain. I was fortunate enough to get it back and not have to pony up for a new one. The little town of Justin caught the punks that stole mine and crashed it. It might be a bit harder since yours was taken in such a populated area. I wish you the best and hope things work out for you. It stinks and leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
Posted By: Black Bass Blake

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 03:47 AM

Daaaaa_ whats wrong with these people.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 03:48 AM

Bad thing is my truck was loaded. I had my graphs,camera,two cell phones,I pods,tools,guns,and lots more. I had about $8000 worth of extras that I will never see again. I should have never had that much in my truck but with all the snow I had just left them in there and was planning on getting it all out tomorrow when it got warmer. Hurts me really bad. My mom had passed about 10 years ago and she had a cross that was dear to me it was on my mirror. I wished I could get that back if nothing else. Makes me want to set up a sting to catch them for myself.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 03:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris B
A good friend of mine had his F250 broken into up there last week. They did about $3500 worth of damage and theft. He was also told they have no cameras in the parking lot.

That Bass Pro in Garland has instant freeway access, makes it easy for these scumbags to get out of there and be gone very quickly. I cant believe they wouldnt have cameras in the parking lot considering the number of boats and high end merchandise they sell there.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 03:53 AM

Originally Posted By: buda13
Originally Posted By: Chris B

That Bass Pro in Garland has instant freeway access, makes it easy for these scumbags to get out of there and be gone very quickly. I cant believe they wouldnt have cameras in the parking lot considering the number of boats and high end merchandise they sell there.

Yeah R J was lucky that he had taken his guns out the night before. They took a punch and a hammer and knocked the locks in. He has already ordered new door handles without locks on them ( only keyless ).
Posted By: HatCamBass

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 03:55 AM

I feel for ya. mad

Hopefully, at the very least, your truck turns up abandoned somewhere.
Posted By: fish&coach

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 03:55 AM

What kind of dumbazz steals a truck with logo's all over it? Nevermind, what kind of dumbazz steals anything? This stuff is getting out of control. Can't believe companies that make 100's of millions won't put up cameras to proctect their customers. I'm going to start parking by the bp boats in the parking lot. I bet they have some sort of security watching them.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 04:00 AM

I parked one spot from the front role by the boats in that corner. The PD said they were somewhere within 15-2o min from there and drove the truck into a shop or garage and where stripping it as we speak. They put it on high priorty when I said there was a 40 cal at the console loaded. Still should have not happend. I am looking for some of my pictures but I am not sure how to load them here.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 04:03 AM

I don't know how to post them either. Somebody who can do it step up. Maybe someone on here saw the truck.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 04:04 AM

Email to me and I will post them for you. kflanagan_14@yahoo.com

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 04:08 AM

Stand up guy toadsnatcher. Glad they found the guys that stole your truck. I live down the road in Ponder and was looking around the area for you.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 04:09 AM

I appreciate that fishcoach. Knuckleheads went south. Something has to give with this carp!
Posted By: Skeeterag99

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 04:10 AM

Whoa, thats absurd. Thats ballsy and they will get caught cause they will do it again, sorry for the luck. Hope a good ending comes out of it for ya.
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 04:13 AM

Just a matter of time before someone with a CHL catchs them in the act and then they will get what they deserve.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 04:15 AM

This stuff won't stop until people start thinking hmmm why is this so cheap, instead of wow I got the deal of the century.
Posted By: an_average_joe

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 04:23 AM

BP won't install cameras because that would infer some sort of liability for things that happen in their parking lot...
Posted By: bugsbunny

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 04:24 AM

That is why I never leave anything in my truck! it always help to have good insurance too.
Posted By: tcTX

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 04:27 AM

sorry to hear this Marc... best of luck with the recovery.
Posted By: LSUfan

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 04:40 AM

Man sorry to hear that! I usually sit in that parking lot and eat lunch when I'm working in the Garland area....think I may find another place to sit! I can't believe they don't have cameras in that parking lot with all those boats parked out there during the day, thats just asking for trouble!
Posted By: Gary Hancock

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 04:42 AM

Sorry to hear about this Marc and I hope they find your truck but we know they will have hocked everything else including the cross, unfortunately for the drug money. If there is anything I have you need to use contact me. I know for certain they had some type of surveilance in the parking lot during Christmas because I commented to my wife about it. It was one of those portable units the Garland police use in parking lots so why not just install one of them and keep someone in them looking for suspicious activity. It ain't gonna get no better folks until....

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 04:52 AM

Thanks everyone. I know it is to late but it is hard to part with it. I have good insurance and I have full coverage but on the contents not sure what deductable $2000 I think. I just piad the truck off in 09. I kind of like no payments.Now that will change most likely.
Posted By: Watermelon-Red23

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 04:57 AM

sorry to hear! i have seen your truck driving around before and i will be on the lookout! It makes me so angry!! Work for your own stuff!

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 04:57 AM

If you want PM me a list of the guns that were inside and I will keep an eye out for you. I make pretty much all the guns shows in the area and you never know when someone might walk in the door lookin to sell them.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 04:59 AM

thats crazy. i think someone stole Wally Marshall's truck one year... they need to set up a sting and just push em off in the lake in the 40 degree water and let god sort em out wink
Posted By: Pondbass

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 05:03 AM

Sorry to hear this Marc, that sucks. I hope you get your truck and all of your gear back. I hate theives!

I posted this in my blog also, it's in my sig
Posted By: JimmyMo

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 05:08 AM

police might be able to trace your cell phones.. i would look into it..

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 05:12 AM

I guess I will go to bed now and hope I wake up and this is all a bad dream. Wife say's good luck with that ! Man I tell you we cannot catch a break. I was just thinking how the last year has been for us.Not going to cry on anyones shoulder but let me fill you in just a bit before I go. Last year I had a limb feel and hit me on the head in late May and two weeks later my brain was bleeding went into ICU and came out just ok but better now. Two weeks after getting out of ICU our house caught fire. Just moved back in a week before Christmas. Now this ! Wow ! Thanks for letting me vent.Chat with you tomorrow...I hope ! Good Night !
Posted By: Justin Wilcox

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 05:16 AM

Don't know what kind of Ipod you have Marc but I know this works with the Ipod touch.

If you have an account setup with Apple you could use MobileMe to locate it.

Here is the link: http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/features/find-my-ipodtouch.html

I believe it also works with the Iphone if that happened to be the type of phone you had in the truck.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 05:16 AM

We called the cell phones ASAP they were turned off. They can only GPS them while they are on is what I was told by sprint. I wished one of them would have answered. My buddy and I sent a text to them.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 05:17 AM

Man don't go to bed yet! Good chance you can track your Ipod...

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 05:21 AM

Wife says she does not think she set up a account with mine. It is about 7 years old also. What do you think ?

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 05:24 AM

If you ever bought a song through Itunes on it you'd have to have an account set up. But if it's 7 years old then it's not one of the newer Ipod touches which have the built in GPS. frown

Sorry man. Worth a try.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 05:25 AM

Thanks
Posted By: HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein)

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 05:30 AM

Bass Pro does not own the parking lot in Garland, it belongs to the City of Garland. Garland is responsible for the maintenance and security of the property.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 05:40 AM

Here are the pics per marcs request

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 05:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Gary Hancock
I know for certain they had some type of surveilance in the parking lot during Christmas because I commented to my wife about it. It was one of those portable units the Garland police use in parking lots so why not just install one of them and keep someone in them looking for suspicious activity.

I can tell you from personal experience those little portable units are just for show. They're like the empty cop cars they put along the interstate and highways with police dummies in them to deter speeders. They don't have any active surveillance equipment in them 90+ % of the time. It's a real shame.
Posted By: jfred

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 06:04 AM

if people could take punks that do stuff like this and just blow their brains out, atleast we wouldnt have to deal with them anymore.odds are they been in jail for stuff like this before and they just keep letting them back out to do it again,too damn lazy to get an honest job, theives are worthless scum. i do know how you feel,years ago i had my most favorite truck i ever owned stole from me and never saw it again i was sick about it for months and insurance screwed me , barely even paid it off didnt even have enough to put a down payment on another ride. sorry that this happened to you
Posted By: Devil Horse

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 06:19 AM

yeah that would work but unfortuantely dishonest people seem to have many more "rats" than us honest folks
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 06:37 AM

Sorry to hear this news Marc. I'll be on the lookout.
Posted By: Tennessee_Fisherman

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 12:20 PM

sorry buddy
Posted By: 2strike

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 12:28 PM

sorry to hear about the truck. Hopefully they will get caught. Probably will never see anything again. Just hang in there.
Posted By: Beer980

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 01:15 PM

They need to take that sign off the first light pole when you come in the front drive. It says under video surveillance.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 01:25 PM

I agree. I will be making some phones calls this morning about that and ask the Garland PD has not stepped up patrol to stop things like this. I may just start setting up there in the bushes or something when I have a day off just to do what the Garland PD has not done. Cannot be that hard when they are coming on a regular bases. Still mad this morning.Thanks for all the support and comments.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 01:29 PM

Hey mark I got the pics but saw that baylorbassguy helped you out. Hope it turns up and good luck.
Posted By: tommyc

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 01:53 PM

Sorry to hear this story Marc. I hope your insurance takes care of you.
Posted By: CapN Ron

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 02:04 PM

Mark so sorry all this happened man, keep your head up brother, they'll get whats coming to them.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 02:28 PM

Not defending the Garland PD. But, the thefts occur on a regular basis along that stretch of 30. Rockwall has cars stolen frequently from the resturants. Actually, my sons truck was broken into while we were eating at Salt Grass. They stole everything inside.
Posted By: GaryReynolds

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 02:31 PM

Happy birthday ranger bennie!

Sorry lowlife scumbag sons a b%@$#
Hate to hear bout your ordeal but they will get what's coming to them. I lost my mother 3 years ago also and have some thing from her that I would kill over...keep your head up ol boy
Posted By: eagle 2

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 02:47 PM

The sad thing is, it is really not that expensive to have a guard patrol the parking lot with a yellow blinking light on top of his vehicle watching cars come in, park then go in especially at the Garland location. This is a strong deterrent. Shame Johnny Morris does not want to flip for it.

The speed in which they got your vehicle would indicate they were waiting for you, saw you park, then swooped in and took it.

As far as setting a trap, best thing to do, have some one else drive your truck in, park and go in to the store.

You stay "sleeping in the back seat" and let Glock or Sig do his thing. But this may be a burden too difficult for you to carry if things go south, have cell phone ready as well.

Wonder what RR has been doing for cash lately??
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 02:48 PM

#1 make sure all the guns are reported to the cops, don't want the crooks doing something with them and it linked back to you.

#2 from the advertising on your truck I'd be locking my house up tight. It doesn't take half a brain to figure out that a guide has tons more valuable stuff at home than he has in his truck. You'd be amazed how easy it is to find someone's house on the internet.

I've been robbed before too, know the feeling. It will get better.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 02:48 PM

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 02:50 PM

oops
Posted By: Tom Groves

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 04:36 PM

Talked to Marc a little while ago and it still hasn`t been found. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Posted By: Tom Redington

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 04:50 PM

That sucks Marc, sorry to hear it. I had my truck broken into twice last year--once at a hotel in a nice neighborhood in ATL and another while at my car dealer for service. Amazing how brazen these guys are.
Posted By: BAZZMAN

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 05:08 PM

Marc, CK your PMs
Posted By: Soft Tap

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 05:12 PM

I have gone in BP in uniform after work a number of times here recently. I should have ask for off duty work in the parking lot during peak times. I live in the area can't stand this type of mess. These thieves would sit in a car or truck way out the way and just watch for opportunities.
Posted By: JayLaw

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 05:17 PM

Marc- One other thing to consider here is in the event you had a garage door opener in the truck, you need to get that reprogrammed ASAP. They can figure out your name and where you live then will have acces to your garage and home if this was in the truck. Sorry to hear about your loss, hopefully these scumbags will be caught.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Soft Tap
I have gone in BP in uniform after work a number of times here recently. I should have ask for off duty work in the parking lot during peak times. I live in the area can't stand this type of mess. These thieves would sit in a car or truck way out the way and just watch for opportunities.
If they will not pay you in cash, deal a bit, they may pay you in generous markdowns if that is something you wanted to do.
Posted By: Fpadilla03

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 05:49 PM

HEY MARC SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR TRUCK. HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME ONCE AND SEVERAL TIMES TO MY FRIENDS. WE CUSTOMIZED OUR TRUCK WITH SHAVED DOOR HANDLES WITHOUT A EMERGENCY DOOR TRIGGER INCASE WE DID HAVE THE REMOTE AND ADDED A KILL SWITCH ALONG WITH A SECRET E-BRAKE. IM AMECHANIC AND DID ALL THE WORK MY SELF. NOW AS FOR THEM COMING TO YOUR HOUSE AND TRYING TO STEAL THERE IS A VERY LOW CHANCE. REASON BEING IS BECAUSE THEY ALREADY KNOW THE HEAT IS ON THEM. PLUS THEY KNOW YOU HAVE WEAPONS. SO THE LAST THING A PERSON LIKE WOULD WANT TO DO IS GO INTO THE LIONS DEN. ALSO WHAT ME AND MY BUDDIES DID WAS WE WOULD STAKE OUT THE PLACE ON OUR DAYS OF OR IF ONE OF US DIDNT HAVE A JOB WE WOULD STAY UP THERE FOR VERY LONG PERIODS OF TIME. FINALLY WE CAUGHT THEM AND TURNED THEM OVER TO THE PD AND THEY LATER FOUND THE CHOP SHOP WHERE EVERYTHING WAS GOING DOWN. COPS ARE BUSY SOMETIMES AND REALLY DONT LIKE TO POTROL AREAS WHERE THEY KNOW IT GOING TO BE NOT PRODUCTIVE. PLUS IF THESE GUYS STOLE YOUR TRUCK THIS FAST AND IN BROAD DAY LIGHT. THEN THEY ARE PROS WHICH MEANS THEY ARE NOT GOING TO HIT BPS ANY TIME SOON TILL THE HEAT CALMS DOWN AND THEN THEY WILL START ALL OVER AGAIN. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANY HELP AT THIS TIME IM NOT WORKING DONT MIND ON GIVING A FELLOW FISHERMAN A HAND. PLUS IM PRIOR SERVICE SO CATCHING THESE GUYS WOULD BE FUN FOR ME.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 05:57 PM

I guess its time to stay the heck away from that area.

Sorry for your loss Mark. Don't know what else to say.
Posted By: Lou r Pitcher

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: JayLaw
Marc- One other thing to consider here is in the event you had a garage door opener in the truck, you need to get that reprogrammed ASAP. They can figure out your name and where you live then will have acces to your garage and home if this was in the truck. Sorry to hear about your loss, hopefully these scumbags will be caught.

It really doesn't matter to a thief much if garage remotes are stolen or not.....any average sized thief can walk up to a any home garage door and easily lift or pop it it to gain quick and easy access quietly breaking the cheap brace commonly used.....I witnessed a breakin myself and
policetold us garage remotes only keep small kids out of one's garage.
Posted By: The Tacklesmith

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 07:31 PM

Sorry about your truck.

Your truck stands out from others with your decals and spray on liner all over.

I just put a new alarm in my truck that will call me when the alarm goes off. You can also track it on the move on your pc or iphone.

Again I'm sorry Marc.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 07:35 PM

When my truck was stolen not only did I do every thing I mentioned I also installed a GPS tracker that turns on as soon as you turn on the truck and it also has a de-tachable steering wheel.
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell
Bad thing is my truck was loaded. I had my graphs,camera,two cell phones,I pods,tools,guns,and lots more. I had about $8000 worth of extras that I will never see again. I should have never had that much in my truck but with all the snow I had just left them in there and was planning on getting it all out tomorrow when it got warmer. Hurts me really bad. My mom had passed about 10 years ago and she had a cross that was dear to me it was on my mirror. I wished I could get that back if nothing else. Makes me want to set up a sting to catch them for myself.

Be more than happy to post them for you as well Marc...this is awful.

I was at BPS at the same time you where...did not see your truck. How many times does this have to happen out at the Garland store before something gets done.

I always park my tuck in the same area you just mentioned....earlier this year I came out to my truck and this poor couple where going the their car...window busted out, all of the video equipment they used to film for their job was gone...their life. $12,000 worth of stuff.

Garland wont do anything about this...and if you ask me, I love BPS but really need to stand up and at least put serveilance equipment up simply for the safety of the situation.
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/11/11 09:13 PM

I just got back from there.. I chose my parking spot even more carefully than I usually do. I hate that I have to worry about my truck everytime I go.. which is quite often since it's less than 5 minutes away from me. bang I don't keep much in the truck, but I hate paying $200 for a new window just for someone to find that out..

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 01:15 AM

Well here is the deal we did have a garage door opener and we have changed it already, also had a key to other car in there and we have change it also. We have our security system set on all the time. Bad thing is our address was all in my truck with my bussiness cards and insurance cards. We had a visiter last night at midnight and I think they were scoping out the house. I will shot to kill and ask questions later if they come to my property after normal hours. My guard has gone up a bunch. I wished we everyone that has had something stolen at BPS or near by , get together and put a system in place to catch these guys. All you have to do is catch one and he will lead you to the others.... if he wants to live !! I have spent my most of my life chasing big bass now I have a passion to catch a thief !!!
Posted By: SMOKE ON THA WATER

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 02:15 AM

i was there around three thirty yesterday, i guess that was you in front talking to garland pd. then you walked back in. i thought to myself somebody was caught stealing inside and you were a manager or something. i was at the shell for about thirty minutes before that but did not see your truck. sorry for your loss!

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 02:28 AM

I hate crooks. I'd get a couple cameras set up. If they were smart they'd realize there were guns in your truck, probably will be more where that came from back in the mancave. Not wise to go for more.
Posted By: USNfool

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 02:48 AM

Marc, sorry to hear about your truck. BPS sponsors so many bass anglers; you'd think they'd do the right thing. 4 good camera's mounted to their building facing outward zooming in and out frequently would do wonders. Forget about Garland PD doing anything, BPS should do the RIGHT THING and do something about it to deter it from happening. Will do my shopping online from now on I guess. Again sorry Marc for your loss.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 03:02 AM

Well I want to say this in so everyone will know this. If you put a store in a bad part of town bad things will happen. Now that is not the store's fault. I am sure BPS does not want this happening to there customers or at the store. Now the fact is Garland does own the parking lot and BPS owns the store so who should put up cameras ? It is a fine line and I think with the tax dollars BPS brings to Garland they should put up the man power and the camers to insure a safe environment for all. That is my opinion. If Garland PD does not get up on this soon it could get worse with car jackings,rapes,or who knows what.I think they could be caught easier now than ever because they have gotten away with it so many times they think they are good and cannot get caught. Just when you think you will not get caught then you will...get caught.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 03:05 AM

Sounds like a good place for that show "Bait Car" to set up!
Posted By: BAMABASS

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 03:12 AM

Sorry also to hear that Marc. I will keep an eye out for it over here. I know exactly what your truck looks like because, I have pulled your boat out of the water with it. Good luck, I had my 1982 GMC stolen years ago and never heard a word from the police and never saw it again.

FACE DOWN IN CABO

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 03:15 AM

I agree with the bait car. Thanks Coy.
Posted By: bluefleck

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 04:13 AM

Marc if you want to setup a camera around your house or business let me know, I have some you can use. About 2 years ago we had a problem with thieves around my work van which I parked in the street in front of our house. The local police said they would step up patrols in the area (never saw one). It got so bad every other night someone would drive by and throw something at the van or try and breakin. I finally took matters into my own hands and setup a camera on the van and after 2 nights we caught the idiots on tape and the police used it to prosecute. The ironic thing is it was an ADT security van, what a bunch of idiots.
Posted By: barnez

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 05:12 AM

If you can prove that the BPS parking lot has a higher frequency of thefts than other similar lots in the area I'd call all of the news stations until someone does a story on it. Sometimes it takes some bad press to get changes made.

We really need much stiffer penalties for auto theft.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 05:34 AM

We could all help prevent more of this. If we think something is hot that is up for sale don't buy it. If their market slows down so will the thefts. Just a thought.
Posted By: #1 r_e_t_s_a_m s_s_a_b

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 06:45 AM

sorry for your loss marc hopefully it ends on a better note.i have read several reports on vehicles being stolen, or broken into while at bps. not only at this store but at several other bps locations seems they're targets for these riff raffs. for the managers at bps i do use your store, but only for a few minutes because of these types of crimes. i make a detailed list of items so i get in, and out quick as possible. seldom do i spend more than 10 minutes in your store, i would love to spend a hour or so browsing and probably buying more but i cannot shop with peace of mind, and i never stop there if i am heading out fishing with my gear even if i need to resupply. i will sacrifice not cathing a bass rather than giving a thief a better chance at my truck or fishing equipment. p.s yes i know the thieves only need a few seconds or minutes i am just trying to cut the odds more in my favor.
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 07:39 AM

Every little mom and pop business has security cameras in thier parking lot.Why are they missing from Bass Pro Shops?
Posted By: Black Bass Blake

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 09:42 AM

Just hire a security company to moniter the parking lot during business hours, heck they can even drive the Artic cat and make rounds.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 01:01 PM

I guess for me like others here it just makes sense to have cameras there. If you see a sign but no cameras then the thiefs know they can take what ever they want at anytime. I really did not know there were no cameras till this happend to me. I just do not understand it. I never heard about a thief of a truck over there until this happend to me then lots of you came forward. I am frustrated at the way all this has played out not that the cameras would have caught them to take them to jail but it may have gave us a face or car or something to look at to save the next person and go after the punks. I know now my truck and all the good stuff is gone and it kills me inside and only the ones that have been stole from know this feeling. Cant sleep well,cant stop thinking about what you could of done different and just imagining the punks stand by your truck taking everything and laughing the whole time. Makes you sick to your stomach and MAD ! Now if something was beeing done about it you would at least think someone cares about the events taking place but no one wants to fix the problem. Very disturbing to me.
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 01:56 PM

Hey Marc if you havent already done so you might want to inform your local PD where you live and let them know. they can conduct close patrols of your house just so you can sleep a little better at night. Sorry this happened to ya buddy....

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 02:04 PM

I contacted them yesterday, not sure they came out last night or not but I did make them aware of the situation. Thanks for the thought.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 02:56 PM

I doubt they will come to your house. There has been a string of thefts like this all over the metroplex. They usually chop the vehicle and are done with it. Scott Gordon had his truck stolen as well and to my knowledge also never saw it again. Sucks for sure man. And to be honest, cameras dont do a whole lot of good if you can't identify the person stealing. If you can then they are great. sometimes they just add more disappointment especially when you catch someone on video but can't ID them!!! Its very disappointing!! Either way they should at least install camera's to have a better chance. They arent that expensive.... Good Luck Marc and again sorry for your loss.... Someone (believed to be my ex) drained all the oil out of my lower unit and I blew it up a few weeks ago not knowing it was out of oil...Ive also been broken into before so I know what it feels like... Dont get me wrong I am totally for camera's and catching the scumbags, just saying its a slap in the face if they can't be ID'ed...Good luck again sir...
Posted By: kamerai

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 03:02 PM

hang m high. hung
Posted By: WaterLogged

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 03:21 PM

I put a commercial GPS Unit on our work fleet, They are placed where they are hidden and someone wouldn't be able to remove it without disabling the vehicle and get it back together before its found. Its been installed a year and our employees didn't know it was there. Cost was about 500 and monthly fee is about 25.00 and its web based, You can monitor it online and when you mouse over the car it gives you the address of where car/truck is. The car/truck can be disabled by clicking a link on a webpage.

This would be a good option to bait someone and catch them when they take the truck somewhere. I would be happy to donate to the cause.
Posted By: Lou r Pitcher

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 03:43 PM

Well, BPS store at Garland must be concerned as they did help me recently......I was pulling my boat to Fork and had forgotten my trailering motor clips so I called ahead and told them I did not want to leave my loaded boat unattended in their parking lot. So I temporarily parked close to their front door in a fire zone and they met me there in the parking lot, made sure the parts fit and we did the sale outside. Nice folks. My only problem was by that time a crowd oo'ing and aw'ing around my boat hampered me trying to drive away from my parking spot. Must have been aboaut 40 looking at my rig.
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 03:56 PM

Scott did find his truck tore all to he!! and it was stolen from the parking lot at his work.I had a buddy in our club have his truck stolen at BPS in November the police told him its mainly 3/4 ton trucks being taken. Sorry about your loss. Might contact the pawn shop there at 30 and beltline to be on a lookout for fishing gear...
Originally Posted By: Lil' Louie
I doubt they will come to your house. There has been a string of thefts like this all over the metroplex. They usually chop the vehicle and are done with it. Scott Gordon had his truck stolen as well and to my knowledge also never saw it again. Sucks for sure man. And to be honest, cameras dont do a whole lot of good if you can't identify the person stealing. If you can then they are great. sometimes they just add more disappointment especially when you catch someone on video but can't ID them!!! Its very disappointing!! Either way they should at least install camera's to have a better chance. They arent that expensive.... Good Luck Marc and again sorry for your loss.... Someone (believed to be my ex) drained all the oil out of my lower unit and I blew it up a few weeks ago not knowing it was out of oil...Ive also been broken into before so I know what it feels like... Dont get me wrong I am totally for camera's and catching the scumbags, just saying its a slap in the face if they can't be ID'ed...Good luck again sir...

Posted By: Bilge Bait

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 07:06 PM

Thieving is such an intolerable subject for me...

I still like the idea of chopping off hands or fingers of thieves in public. Of course the punishment would have to fit the crime.

For those who go the distance to protect their solid morals and values and teach their children the same, I Thank You!!!

A paging alarm system with GPS and remote satellite kill will be going on my truck in a month or so. I hope that I never find a thief before the police do. Not sure I would be able to control my rage.

The scenario I want, is if I am on the water and truck gets stolen, I want to be able to call police and give GPS coords, hit a webpage from my smartphone and disable the vehicle, or while on the phone with police have them login to my webpage and pull the coords or disable the vehicle for me. Having options is good.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 07:54 PM

Mine had a webpage, but also had an IPhone app

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken Starling
Scott did find his truck tore all to he!! and it was stolen from the parking lot at his work.I had a buddy in our club have his truck stolen at BPS in November the police told him its mainly 3/4 ton trucks being taken. Sorry about your loss. Might contact the pawn shop there at 30 and beltline to be on a lookout for fishing gear...

you know what youre right! I remembering seeing the pics of it! I stand corrected....and yea it was at his work...not at the BPS

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 08:59 PM

I wonder if they can make a ignition system that can't be hotwired. That or put the parts required for the a holes to start it hidden away to be near impossible to get at them.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: rxkid2001
I wonder if they can make a ignition system that can't be hotwired. That or put the parts required for the a holes to start it hidden away to be near impossible to get at them.

If they could you would think the auto industry would have already done so. The idea is good though.
Posted By: Bilge Bait

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 10:09 PM

I saw a cool secondary alarm trick with the push-in vehicle cig lighter. Besides a normal alarm system, a heavy duty click-on/click-off switch was mounted and wired into the back of the cigarette lighter housing. That switch was then wired in-line of some obscure, but critical function near the fuse box, like fuel pump or ignition/ground wires that will disable the vehicle if they get past the alarm and manage to get to the point where the car could normally be started.

Something like a small hidden perko switch or pullable fuse type very heavy connector (battery cable size) that you could use to switch the ground going directly to the starter motor on/off smile I want to see them get it then.

Of course, gotta account for wire size/length and use good connections so you don't overload or burn nothing down, but seems like a good poor-mans dead switch.

I wish it was legal to rig your car to kill someone when they break in. Something like a remotely activated shotgun blast from where the steering wheel airbag should be wink
Posted By: Texas Husker

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 10:09 PM

Looks like we are going to have to start doing what they do in all the 3rd world countries I used to travel to.

Before you leave your vehicle, reach down get one of the heavy duty steering wheel locks, install it and then be about your business.

And the sad thing is, this s%$#t is going to continue as long as we pussyfoot around with the criminal element.

Change the laws that stealing a vehicle of any kind is a mandatory 5-10 in prison and watch the rate for stolen vihicles go down.
Posted By: fisheastex

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/12/11 10:18 PM

where did you get this?
Posted By: Mulkster

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/13/11 02:26 AM

Our corporate offices can be reached at 417-873-5000 Monday - Friday 8:30 to 5:00 CT.

Everyone,

I think it is time that we all make one phone call to Bass Pro Shops corporate office. I know that we can't really do anything about the items that have been damage or stolen from are friends on the TFF. But, if we all make one phone and make one simple statement that thier customers are going to pass the word that Bass Pro Shop does not have respect for their patrons. OK! I get it they don't own the parking lot. I really feel they have a duty to make sure that we are safe. If you need an example look at walmart and all law suits that have happened because of what has happen in parking lots. If the local store management is not taking action then maybe they just need alittle help to let them know that the customers have a true concern. Make the Call!!
Posted By: Mulkster

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/13/11 02:33 AM

You can also email us at basspro@custhelp.com. The email will then be forwarded to our Retail Administration department for research and review.
Posted By: Patta-whack

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/13/11 02:50 AM

Hey Marc if you havent already done so you might want to inform your local PD where you live and let them know. they can conduct close patrols of your house just so you can sleep a little better at night. Sorry this happened to ya buddy....

Had the local PD do this for me when our Tahoe was broken into in Shenanigans parking lot and they got our garage opener. They were by every couple of hours for several days. We had just moved back to TX from OH and had only been in the house for a few days so everything was still packed and ready for easy carry out if they had broke in. Luckily they never did and just cost a new driver window and Garmin GPS. Keep your head up Marc and I will be looking out for your truck.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/13/11 03:24 AM

I want to say that my truck could have been stolen from any lot even the gas station on the corner for that matter.The only other thing I can say is that if the thief's know there are cameras they usually move on somewhere else to conduct there business. I am not blaming anyone, I am just informing the public of what has happend to me at the location it happend and asking for any help locating my truck or the thiefs that were involed so we can put a stop to this.So lets not get this twisted around to be more than it is. I will still shop at BPS.Thanks for all the comments and thoughts.
Posted By: armadillo joe

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/13/11 04:17 AM

Marc you might want to get a couple of those driveway alarms and set up clost to your house. I have one on the carport I have my boat on and they work. Last spring a little after midnight the alarm went off in our bedroom I grabbed my 12ga double and went out the door just as a car was leaving my drive. I cut both barrels off at once and put 21 holes in the back of the car. When the deputies got here they both shook my hand and thanked me. The scumbags got away but I sure haven't had any more problrms. Best $15 I ever spent.
Posted By: graysonhuntndr

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/13/11 05:42 AM

Sounds like they are stealing trucks that do not have onstar or gps locating systems. So, per the castle law, you can shoot them if you catch them stealing your truck? Who needs onstar or a gps tracking system, let's plant a truck up there and wait on them to take it...
Posted By: BassHunterClark

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/13/11 03:51 PM

Marc, I hate this. I was out there about 6 pm on Saturday 12th, I did see two Garland Police cruisers in the parking.
Posted By: USA-1

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/13/11 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: armadillo joe
..... Last spring a little after midnight the alarm went off in our bedroom I grabbed my 12ga double and went out the door just as a car was leaving my drive. I cut both barrels off at once and put 21 holes in the back of the car...

COOL... thumb

Marc, sorry to hear of your troubles. I have a 2003 Diesel you can use until you get your situation corrected.
Posted By: Leep5904

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/13/11 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: armadillo joe
Marc you might want to get a couple of those driveway alarms and set up clost to your house. I have one on the carport I have my boat on and they work. Last spring a little after midnight the alarm went off in our bedroom I grabbed my 12ga double and went out the door just as a car was leaving my drive. I cut both barrels off at once and put 21 holes in the back of the car. When the deputies got here they both shook my hand and thanked me. The scumbags got away but I sure haven't had any more problrms. Best $15 I ever spent.
cheers woot thumb clap

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/13/11 04:59 PM

Just make an alarm that connects the door handles to the battery. Works just like an electric fence.

(Would be really funny but I'm well aware you can't do this)
Posted By: Bartemus

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/13/11 05:22 PM

Having worked there for 2 1/2 years, break-ins were/are common. I think someone is watching from the apartments and knows when the parking lot is clear of customer traffic. Police patrols pick up for awhile but I don't believe they catch anyone. Bart

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/13/11 08:56 PM

I did have two of the drive way alarms in my TRUCK can you believe that ! I had more stuff in my truck than my shop. I would like to set a bait truck. Someone know a lawyer to see what all can be done for a citizens arrest ? I would like to know anyhow. I think we could catch them faster than the Garland PD.I was told they hit that area in 2009 about the same time. I bet if you look at all the cases you will see a patterns on what days/time and trucks are being hit the most. You know they told me they have set out there for 3-4 days before and seen nothing. Well I do not think nothing is going to happen if you are in a patrol car. Need to be hid. That is why cameras are so good they are there all the time. I am not blameing GPD but two or more years with no arrest ? I just hope someone steps up and does something instead of nothing. I also think they watch from the apartments. I had a deal with a shot gun a few years ago shot some guys stealing from my shop warned them to stop they did not I hammered them I had tools scattered for 200 yards.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 12:38 AM

Two things that help deter theft CHL and the Castle Doctrine.
Posted By: Mark in Frisco

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 12:57 AM

Marc,
I am sure sorry about your truck and your goods - awful!
I wish you the best of luck recovering your stuff.
Take care, Mark.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 01:01 AM

I won't be shopping at BP anymore because of this. Maybe online but I highly doubt it.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 02:10 AM

I do not think it is just BPS area but anywhere there are no cameras. I live in a small town and just about everything around here has cameras. You would think between the resturants in the area and BPS/Garland someone could afford to insure a safe evironment for the customers. I was told on my truck if not found in the first 48 hrs chances are very slim they will find it. Just my luck. I do not want anyone to stop coming to BPS but be careful what you drive and where you park anywhere.This could happen anywhere there are no cameras. Does anyone know if anything like this is happening at the big C store or any of the others which deal with sporting good ? I would like to know just where it is happening around the DFW area so I can be a little safer where I park the next truck ?

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 02:11 AM

I do not think it is just BPS area but anywhere there are no cameras. I live in a small town and just about everything around here has cameras. You would think between the resturants in the area and BPS/Garland someone could afford to insure a safe evironment for the customers. I was told on my truck if not found in the first 48 hrs chances are very slim they will find it. Just my luck. I do not want anyone to stop coming to BPS but be careful what you drive and where you park anywhere.This could happen anywhere there are no cameras. Does anyone know if anything like this is happening at the big C store or any of the others which deal with sporting good ? I would like to know just where it is happening around the DFW area so I can be a little safer where I park the next truck ?
Posted By: ZigZag

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 02:59 AM

Fpadilla has offered some really 'sound prevention' ideas I think. Sure, anyone might maime, shoot, torture the thief ...
"If we caught them"....but that is the exception rather than the rule. And the police have more on the plate than they can address. Standard reply I've most often heard in this situation is " call us if you hear anything"..Sorry for Marc, as he is a friend, but this deal is most likely history. Staying in the
Seattle area in 04, the average truck theft from our extended stay hotel was 4 per week. Police would just shrug, and say most likely in a sea container at the port. Not one was recovered.
I removed the fuel pump relay each and every night for two months. Knock on my wooden head, I still had a Z-71 to come back to Texas in. Something simple for us that would confound 'them'.
I do like Joe's approach as well, but Fpadilla sounds like he may have some ideas that would sure work. The GPS is a great tool, but inside a metal roof, iffy.....The car companies can't do it, cause the bad guys would know how to defeat it in a week.
I do love the removable steering wheel ala nascar, but damn, power steering, a set of vise grips and your on your way. I do remember the days when if you owned a suburban, you did not leave it parked in El Paso, TX. (unless you wanted to ride the bus home) In this digital age, all the nerds and hackers have learned to circumvent any system with pushes of the button. But,
till they take a battery out of a fuel injected, combustion engine, there are surely 'user friendy' ways to disable that engine. Sadly, I guess that's where we are now. Whew, went long,
and my aplogies. Sick for my buddy Marc, and just vented myself.
Take care of your stuff guys.
Jim
Posted By: Texas Bass Couples

Re: Thiefs in the parking lot at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 03:17 AM

Marc, we're so sorry to hear about your truck. Same thing happened to Butch and I the weekend we got married. He got a wife and lost a TRUCK!!!!! His was stolen out of the driveway! It's just infuriating to say the least. Hope they catch whomever did it!!!!
Posted By: Clay S.

Re: Thiefs in the parking lot at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 04:17 AM

Wow man i really really feel for ya. The way I see it a thief isnt much of a human being.

Re: Thiefs in the parking lot at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 06:01 AM

@ ZigZag I have a lot of knowledge on gasoline vehicles do to the fact that I am a automotive technician. I have a associates degree in auto technology along with 11 yrs of experience. the reason why car companies dont do it is because once the loan gets approve for the vehicle they are hook free and you are responsible for whatever happens to the vehicle. They do offer a Lo/Jack system that ties into the vehicle harness and CPU. But thats at your own expense. As for the detachable steering wheel they can not operate it with a pair visegrips do to the fact that the steering wheel has a custom gear on it that gets inserted into the steering colum.

Re: Thiefs in the parking lot at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 06:17 AM

I have news for todays event!! Me and a buddy of mine that was in the service with me went ahead and took it to the next level. Me and my buddy went ahead and set my truck up at BPS today close to the rear of the parking lot and waited from a distance and just watched! Needless to say some one finally showed up! And then the fun started. We then slowly and quitely approched the idiots from behind while they were inside my truck trying to take my stereo and caught them red handed before they even thought of ripping my igniton out. Fought them for a bit and then arrested them and called it in to GPD. I am familiar with a couple of GPD do to family so no faul for me and my buddy. Did have to turn in my gun do to proceedure. I dont know if these are they guys that stole your truck Marc but atleast we caught these. I will post any other info I get on my end. Sad to say I did lose my stereo thou?
Posted By: Jeremyworm

Re: Thiefs in the parking lot at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 06:34 AM

Awesome job Padilla. This world would be a much better place if it had more people like you.
Posted By: otay michael

Re: Thiefs in the parking lot at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 06:45 AM

Too, too cool. Good work. cheers

Someone tried to steal an old Dodge Tradesman van of mine years ago but left the ignition wires dangling, how blessed I was. I didn't know what to do but a friend, one savvy dude and repairs any broken machine with ease (even if he's never seen it before) hooked up a toggle switch under the seat that needed to be switched for juice to reach the starter. Never worried again after that, just had to remember to toggle it.

Re: Thiefs in the parking lot at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 12:31 PM

Good job if this happens more the word will get around among the low lifes.
Posted By: BowtieZR5

Re: Thiefs in the parking lot at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 12:43 PM

Marc, im my opinon what blows the most is the fact that you are sponsored by BPS and they can't help you by sticking a dang camera in the parking lot. maybe its time for you to ask C if they want to sponsor you. personaly i like C more than BPS. BPS has a bigger selection but C his more patron friendly.

Re: Thiefs in the parking lot at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 01:51 PM

Awesome Fpadilla !! I hope this leads to the chop shop. I have always said all you have to do is catch 1 not 10 of them. That 1 will lead you to the rest most of the time. Great News either way. We need more of this !Thanks

Re: Thiefs in the parking lot at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 01:57 PM

Awesome Fpadilla ! I an glad you guys did this. I have always said all you have to do is catch 1 not 10 of them and that 1 will lead you to the rest. I wished I could have been there. I want you to know it does bring me some relief that someone was caught from that lot. Thanks

Re: Thiefs in the parking lot at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 01:59 PM

No bs you did this??? You are a god man!!

Re: Thiefs in the parking lot at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 03:07 PM

ur frikken kiddin me?
Posted By: North Texas Bass Assasin

Re: Thiefs in the parking lot at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Fpadilla03
I have news for todays event!! Me and a buddy of mine that was in the service with me went ahead and took it to the next level. Me and my buddy went ahead and set my truck up at BPS today close to the rear of the parking lot and waited from a distance and just watched! Needless to say some one finally showed up! And then the fun started. We then slowly and quitely approched the idiots from behind while they were inside my truck trying to take my stereo and caught them red handed before they even thought of ripping my igniton out. Fought them for a bit and then arrested them and called it in to GPD. I am familiar with a couple of GPD do to family so no faul for me and my buddy. Did have to turn in my gun do to proceedure. I dont know if these are they guys that stole your truck Marc but atleast we caught these. I will post any other info I get on my end. Sad to say I did lose my stereo thou?

that is awesome
Posted By: Chad711

Re: Thiefs in the parking lot at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 03:46 PM

I don't think it is so much where it's happening, it's more about what you drive. If you have a vehicle that is a profile for auto theft you increase you chances.

My buddy drove a Tahoe. They stole it from his front yard, drove it 2 miles down the road, stripped it down. This happened to him twice! He got another Tahoe, they took it again from his front yard and did the same thing. Now he drives a Volvo and doesn't have to worry about it.

Re: Thiefs in the parking lot at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 09:20 PM

For every one this is No BS. Me and my buddy do fugitive recovery for a living so catching crooks is our job when they jump bail. I did this to prove a point. If the system doesnt work then we as american have to make it work. Talk is cheap Action speak louder than words!! And as for the type of profile of the vehicle my truck is really ugly looking only thing good that it had was the stereo which to start didnt even work. All in all I hope this one is the one responsible for marcs truck that way he is of the streets. And if he decides to come back again maybe next time he wont be so lucky!!
Posted By: pacertom

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/14/11 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: rxkid2001

I put a RAVELCO on my truck after my buddies got stolen. I did a ton of research and the guys on the diesel forum back this. Apparently it is 100% not hot-wire-able. They have tests with prior theives that could bust into any system within 10 minutes and they gave up after a couple hours on the Ravelco... I trust it and its good insurance.

I hope something comes of this Marc...Good luck man.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/16/11 12:58 PM

I will be looking into something for this new truck. I cannot go through this again. I have learned one thing out of this... do not have a bunch of stuff in your truck that you use/need or treasure. I live out of my truck when fishing season is here cause if not on Lake Fork then I am off fishing a tournament so I always had stuff but no more, I will keep it to a min.

I want to Thank everyone for the comments and support and the help getting the pictures of my truck up on the TFF.

Thanks
Posted By: bassman72

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/16/11 02:46 PM

my new dodge has a key with pin number they say it can't be hot wired. anybody know anything about this system, just a key for my truck cost 300.00 they don't have pin number at dealer. If need new key they have to get pin from Dodge and put pin in key. With this system got 20% off insurance plus has gps tracking.

This problem is everywhere have a friend lives about 25 miles from Amarillo, had a old boat for years. After he got his new skeeter, just three months later broke into lost 15 rods and reels all tackle. Boat was in driveway town only about 1000 people.
Posted By: collinh85

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/16/11 03:33 PM

This is awful. I have had things stolen out of my trucks plenty of times, but NEVER have I had a truck just flat out stolen. I hope somebody catches the little chit-heads and hands out some vigilante justice! Good Luck Marc!

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/18/11 12:41 PM

I had a message from Grapevine PD yesterday that they have found some parts of my truck in the Grapevine area.Waiting to find out what all it was. Maybe just a trick to devert the PD from the hot spot.
Posted By: hookm32

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/18/11 02:23 PM

Bass Pro does have cameras that watch the parking lot, I know that for sure. The only reason they wouldn't have seen something is if they were not pointed in the right direction.

This is not a new problem. There have been many many employee trucks broken into and stolen from the lot, including the store manager. Garland police are aware of the problem since they have more than 20 reports for that parking lot. They have put that high rise GPD box out there, unmanned patrol cars in the lot, ect but it doesn't seem to be enough.

I can't tell u how many guns have been taken out of vehicles there but quite a few for sure.

It seems to be Fords, F150 and 250's stolen and a lot of door punches for others.

Don't go there with stuff you want to keep cause they will get it. GPD and Bass pro need to do something about this or many will stop shopping there
Posted By: bassplay

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/18/11 04:34 PM

heavy duty steering wheel locks are on clearance at Academy
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/18/11 04:49 PM

SIMPLE ANSWER,...Fenced parking, ticketed control entrance and exit, one way in-one way out, manned gate.
or guards on horse back, with big rifles.
Posted By: James Henderson

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/18/11 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell
I will be looking into something for this new truck. I cannot go through this again. I have learned one thing out of this... do not have a bunch of stuff in your truck that you use/need or treasure. I live out of my truck when fishing season is here cause if not on Lake Fork then I am off fishing a tournament so I always had stuff but no more, I will keep it to a min.

Man, I know what you mean Marc. I travel heavy all the time with extra prop, trolling motor, batteries, etc.. All necessities of our trade and would cost a bundle to replace. I hope you get some (if not all) of it back.
Posted By: DEREKG

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/18/11 06:35 PM

I had my spare tire stolen at bass pro last year, cost me 200.00 bucks.. Hopefully something will be done, way to go on this guy's
Posted By: SeeBass

Re: Thiefs in the parking lot at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/18/11 08:07 PM

Fpadilla = man of the year

You should start a guide service hunting these meth heads, I'm in.
Posted By: Chad711

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/18/11 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By: hookm32
They have put that high rise GPD box out there, u

So do cops actually sit up there and watch? You'd think that would help! If that is out there then these thieves got some balls!
Posted By: HitmanFO

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/18/11 09:14 PM

Fpadilla03, you rock! That's what I'm talking about. I'm sure the cops don't like us citizens pulling stunts like that, but if they aren't going to do it, someone has to. Thank goodness you didn't have to pull the trigger on someone, but hey, I wouldn't be shedding any tears over a car thief. Now hopefully these guys aren't already back out on bail and looking for another vehicle to hit... but I wouldn't bet money on them being in jail right now. Our criminal justice system sucks.

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/21/11 02:55 AM

I noticed the other day and today there was a PD watch tower at the Wal-Mart in Rockwall. Camera sercurity should be at all stores. Or at least a man on security patrolling the lots there at BPS and over by all the restuarants. I am sure there are break in over there to. Grapevine PD has my license plate,graphs and some other things. Headed over on Tuesday to pick up. They said it looks like the truck has been cut up.You all know the bad part of this right... what happens when a car thief goes bad and the owner confronts the guys who most likly are armed in some sort of way. Someone could very well get killed or very badly hurt and if this does happen I am sure someone will sue !

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/21/11 03:38 AM

Need to remove he locking mechs on a bait car so when the door shuts it locks, then throw in a few rattlesnakes for the fun of it.
Posted By: Damon Machost

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/21/11 03:59 AM

My dad doesn't want to bring anything up there any more he's doesn't even want to go to the classic
Posted By: 1FowlFishn

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/21/11 04:04 AM

Originally Posted By: cbog34
i would think at number 2 or 3 bps would put a couple of cameras out or around there parking lot. That sucks feel for ya man.
you would only HOPE right?? SORRY for your loss hope you get it back really soon in 1 piece!!
Posted By: KsChampion198

Re: Thiefs at Bass Pro Shops Garland TX - 02/21/11 03:29 PM

That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. I just ran the tag through NCIC and it still come back as stolen. Also came up with a hit about the firearms.Hope your insurance company has taken care of you. If you got some stuff back, great chance that the truck is gone or "cut up" as you said. Seems here in Kansas, kids steal cars just to get from one place to another, then ditch them untouched. Anyone, keep us informed on what you find out....
Randy
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum