Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I hate jug lines at CC #1509238 08/06/07 05:27 PM
E
Elk34 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
E
I had a frustrating experience while fishing at CC yesterday. The water is warmer now so I figured I would give the Hellpet a try. While trolling one of my normal spots two guys come through and start dropping jug lines in the spot. This effectively blocked my patch and I had to decide to either run a slalom course to get through or cut off short or move on. These guys set their jug lines out and then went and started trolling around on their own and then would check the jug lines periodically. To me this is like putting out 6 marker buoys to mark "your" spot. Plus, I am never comfortable trolling by a jug line because I am afraid I will get hung up on their line. Anyone else have a problem with this?

Re: I hate jug lines at CC [Re: Elk34] #1509247 08/06/07 05:29 PM
B
BIG OLE BOBBERS Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
I think all jug lines & trot lines should be banned.

Re: I hate jug lines at CC [Re: BIG OLE BOBBERS] #1509261 08/06/07 05:32 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
just hang em up, drag em off, and cut them!!! that'll teach them lazy turds to put out unmanned fishing devices in the middle of everyone else!

Re: I hate jug lines at CC [Re: BIG OLE BOBBERS] #1509268 08/06/07 05:34 PM
"
"Da" NITRO Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
"
Oh man, here we go with another topic that is going to bring some heat. Oh well, I hate the darn things myself. I pull an old one up from the depths while slab fishing, every other time I'm out on RH. The last one had a huge block attached to it. I would like to see these things banned all together.

Now I'll sit back and wait to be crucified by Juggers & Trotters out there:)

Re: I hate jug lines at CC [Re: "Da" NITRO] #1509304 08/06/07 05:43 PM
B
BIG OLE BOBBERS Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
I cut 4 trot lines Sunday that I hung my DD22 on. None of them legal BTW. looked like they had been there for years.

Re: I hate jug lines at CC [Re: "Da" NITRO] #1509313 08/06/07 05:46 PM
Rick Paradis Offline
Sausage King
Sausage King
There is nothing worse then having one wrapped up around your trolling motor, If I have to unwrap one from my boat, I feel it becomes my property. If there are any fish left on them, I will turn them loose. I will then grab my marker and write my name and phone number on and put a little message on it for the owner to call me and I will explain to them why there jug line is missing. If you going to put out a jug line, atleast put it to where most people wont be trolling, cause everybody knows that most of the time the guys are in flat bottom boats, I cant get my 21ft boat in places where those guys go. I will not go out of my way to cut one, but if I snag one with any part of my boat or lure, sorry guys but your jug line is history.... Just my 2 cents

Re: I hate jug lines at CC [Re: "Da" NITRO] #1509319 08/06/07 05:49 PM
DaveB Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
If they are manning them constantly it's not a problem for me. Unless they set them around where I am fishing. Most of these people put them out and leave them. I've gotten several of them caught in my prop and my TM prop. I cut them off and throw them in the trash. Sorry for your loss. Shouldn't litter our lakes anyways. Yes they should be banned or they should be marked with name/address/tx drivers license # and phone # of who set them out. TXPWD needs to help police the problem also. Get the popcorn out cuz this is gonna be a long fight.

Keep on fishing.

Re: I hate jug lines at CC [Re: BIG OLE BOBBERS] #1509321 08/06/07 05:49 PM
BigDad Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Lots of people feel the same way about trollers that get too close. As long as they are legal, live and let live I always say.

Joe
Re: I hate jug lines at CC [Re: "Da" NITRO] #1509339 08/06/07 05:54 PM
Guide Chuck Rollins Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I dont have a problem with them until they are ran in an area like you mentioned. I little respect for others goes a long way. He probably knew it would be in your way but didnt care! I wouldnt hesitate to cut one if I get caught in it. I dont run them and really dont care for them either.

Its kinda like this guy in a deck boat this morning that continued to drive through the surfacing sandies and hybrids. I politely mentioned to him that he is scaring them down when he does it but he didnt seem to care. I have found myself growing more impatient with these type of fisherman. If someone is going to be fishing for sandies and hybrids on the surface I wish they would pull upwind and drift through them if they dont have a trolling motor. This guy would drive directly through them and tick off everyone fishing nearby. Too bad we dont have fish police that would keep people from doing this. It is extremely upseting to have paying customers on the boat and for these type of people to ruin it for them. Even my customers notice how inconsiderate it is. Where do these people come from? i have a hard time believing it's ignorance on there part after they have been asked not to do it.
Ok, sorry, I had to get that off my chest!

Last edited by Guide Chuck Rollins; 08/06/07 05:56 PM.

www.BigCrappie.com
www.DallasFishingCharters.com
Fishing Guide & Instruction Service
Cedar Creek Lake
903-288-5798
24ft Skeeter Bay
24ft Skeeter Bay
24ft Skeeter Bay
24ft Sea Pro
18ft Lund Deep V
18ft Grizzly creek boat
Re: I hate jug lines at CC [Re: BigDad] #1509352 08/06/07 05:57 PM
H
Hook'emUTbass Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
I also think some boaters should have to take a boating course.

How do you get one in the trolling motor? If you paid more attention, that shouldn't happen, ever!!!!!!!

You are responsible for your vessel, and there are no excuses for not observing JUG LINES or any other obstacles in the water.

Matt

Re: I hate jug lines at CC [Re: Hook'emUTbass] #1509361 08/06/07 06:00 PM
D
DallasLoanGuy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
D
The lake doesn't belong to us sandbass fishers. juggers have rights too.

i dont like em either.... but they can set them wherever the law allows

Re: I hate jug lines at CC [Re: Hook'emUTbass] #1509362 08/06/07 06:00 PM
"
"Da" NITRO Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
"
Originally Posted By: Hook'emUTbass

How do you get one in the trolling motor? If you paid more attention, that shouldn't happen, ever!!!!!!!

You are responsible for your vessel, and there are no excuses for not observing JUG LINES or any other obstacles in the water.

Matt

noidea

Re: I hate jug lines at CC [Re: Guide Chuck Rollins] #1509378 08/06/07 06:03 PM
DaveB Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: Guide Chuck Rollins
I dont have a problem with them until they are ran in an area like you mentioned. I little respect for others goes a long way. He probably knew it would be in your way but didnt care! I wouldnt hesitate to cut one if I get caught in it. I dont run them and really dont care for them either.

Its kinda like this guy in a deck boat this morning that continued to drive through the surfacing sandies and hybrids. I politely mentioned to him that he is scaring them down when he does it but he didnt seem to care. I have found myself growing more impatient with these type of fisherman. If someone is going to be fishing for sandies and hybrids on the surface I wish they would pull upwind and drift through them if they dont have a trolling motor. This guy would drive directly through them and tick off everyone fishing nearby. Too bad we dont have fish police that would keep people from doing this. It is extremely upseting to have paying customers on the boat and for these type of people to ruin it for them. Even my customers notice how inconsiderate it is. Where do these people come from? i have a hard time believing it's ignorance on there part after they have been asked not to do it.
Ok, sorry, I had to get that off my chest!

GCR, good comment. thumb There is a different breed of people out there now. They did not grow up with the ettiquette that our parents instilled in us older farts. It's all about them. If they had had their arses whipped when they were kids then they would have learned to respect others.

Keep on fishing.

Re: I hate jug lines at CC [Re: Hook'emUTbass] #1509382 08/06/07 06:04 PM
B
BIG OLE BOBBERS Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted By: Hook'emUTbass

Matt

I can't say that I have ever got one caught around my engine prop, of course I hit them at a high rate of speed and with that chopper prop it's fun to watch them explode apart. I just wish they would line them up a little better cause it's hard to turn that quick at that high of speed.

Re: I hate jug lines at CC [Re: DaveB] #1509402 08/06/07 06:07 PM
H
Hook'emUTbass Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
Is that like the boats anchored moving into where the trollers are first.

Saw a ranger bass boat and BassCat both looked like husband and wife out off of Wolf this weekend trolling a good 1/4 mile away, and they were kick'n some butt, and then the pontoons and few other moved right in and re-anchored in there area.

Seem like theres rudness on both sides of the fence.

matt

Last edited by Hook'emUTbass; 08/06/07 06:08 PM.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide