TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by Allison1
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by Flip Flop Fisher
Bidenomics is knocking America to it's knees

I don't understand the deep need to deny and defer

It borders on insanity. Then you get a couple of guys on here trying to tell us what we plainly see with our own eyes is not what we are really seeing. That's even more insanity.

When we have some leading economists on the forum I'll listen to them.
I usually peruse the financial experts, economists and such. That must not be the way you do it.

it's a reality. I don't need someone to explain it to me. You can see it. If you cannot, you are in denial

do you need an economist to explain to you how your own life is being affected? I guess you do

me, through simply living my life I see the effect. The shocking part is that the dems are against you too, but you defend them to the last letter

Re: Price of food [Re: JCBfromTHF] #15003153 02/29/24 02:38 AM
S
Stump jumper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by JCBfromTHF
Yall would be shocked at how much food a $.25 crappie jig can put on the table! You might not like the price of the corn meal and veggie oil though. grin

That is like saying you would be shocked at how much food a 150 grain 30-06 bullet can put on the table while not including the cost of a deer lease and the gas to get there.

I check the digital coupons each week. Sometimes I will buy things on sale even if I know I will not need them for several weeks. Coffee is one example. I can't remember the last time I paid regular price for it.

2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Re: Price of food [Re: bloo_rainger] #15003532 02/29/24 03:10 PM
T Bird Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
After my shopping trip this morning I'm convinced the high food prices coupled with the In Store Shoppers and self checkout is a "highly classified" Deep State program of forced obesity reduction. bang

Okie by birth, Texan by choice.
[Linked Image]
USAF "Thunderbirds" Alumni 1985-1989

Re: Price of food [Re: bloo_rainger] #15003611 02/29/24 04:13 PM
Nocona Brian Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Saw our United had jugs of simply orange, and tropicana for 9 something dollars a gallon the other day. It's insane.

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: Price of food [Re: Mark Perry] #15003614 02/29/24 04:14 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Wendy’s is beginning to test surge pricing.

If you visit during peak times, you’ll get to pay more for your all your favorites. If you visit during non-peak times you’ll get to save by paying full normal price. thumb

Great reason to avoid Wendy's even more

Now, after significant backlash from the public, Wendy’s is crawfishing and/or outright lying about the strategy. They decided to say it will be “dynamic pricing”, and will only benefit consumers and crew members…not “surge pricing”, that will gouge consumers.

In a former life, I worked for their new CEO…the guy that caused and is caught in this mess. He’s been in the Wendy’s CEO role maybe a month. I’m not bothered one bit by witnessing this public dust-up.

[Linked Image]

Re: Price of food [Re: Flip Flop Fisher] #15003623 02/29/24 04:22 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

it's a reality. I don't need someone to explain it to me. You can see it. If you cannot, you are in denial

do you need an economist to explain to you how your own life is being affected? I guess you do

me, through simply living my life I see the effect. The shocking part is that the dems are against you too, but you defend them to the last letter

You can see prices go up but you don't know if its regional or local.
Whether its weather related, world related or government related.

Sure, we all have eyes but they don't tell us anything past what we can see.
Thats why I look beyond my sight.
You do too or you would not blame it on anyone past that sight.

I don't like Dems because they like big govt with its high cost and big social programs.
The Reps are much better on social programs and slightly better on big govt but they try to force lower spending by reducing taxes. "Hasn't worked yet but we expect us to stop spending soon" should be their motto.

Re: Price of food [Re: bloo_rainger] #15003633 02/29/24 04:28 PM
Y
YEE_YEE Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Y
Wonder if the panhandle fires will affect the beef pricing.?

Re: Price of food [Re: Allison1] #15003645 02/29/24 04:48 PM
F
Flip Flop Fisher Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F

I don't like Dems because they like big govt with its high cost and big social programs.
The Reps are much better on social programs and slightly better on big govt but they try to force lower spending by reducing taxes. "Hasn't worked yet but we expect us to stop spending soon" should be their motto.

so I go to the store and olives are 6 dollars when they use to be 3 dollars..do I need to know if this is a regional or local thing? I'm paying double, that's the effect I'm noticing

when I use to spend $100 on groceries and am now spending $200 for the same stuff, knowing if it's regional or local helps me how?

and lastly it's not regional or local, it's national

Re: Price of food [Re: YEE_YEE] #15003646 02/29/24 04:48 PM
S
Scoundrel Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by YEE_YEE

pre-cooked food

Re: Price of food [Re: YEE_YEE] #15003651 02/29/24 04:51 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted by YEE_YEE

Quite possible. Cattle numbers were already at their lowest point in the last 20+ years and we're "importing" new mouths to feed by the millions.

"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Re: Price of food [Re: Flip Flop Fisher] #15003653 02/29/24 04:51 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S

so I go to the store and olives are 6 dollars when they use to be 3 dollars..do I need to know if this is a regional or local thing? I'm paying double, that's the effect I'm noticing

when I use to spend $100 on groceries and am now spending $200 for the same stuff, knowing if it's regional or local helps me how?

and lastly it's not regional or local, it's national

I’ll bet you can change his thinking about all of this…stay with it!

Re: Price of food [Re: bloo_rainger] #15003674 02/29/24 05:09 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
The odd part from my point of view is that people see so little by just looking at food prices where they are, yet have opinions that can't be seen with that view.
Look around people. There are a lot of resources like the Wall Street Journal. Market Watch, Barons, Benzinga.

You can find how much they blame Biden. IMO, not near as much as you'll find on this forum.

Re: Price of food [Re: bloo_rainger] #15003677 02/29/24 05:10 PM
K
KB1953 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
K
A small bunch of opinions at Wal Mart have gone up 110% over the past few months, from .48 to .98 Bidenonics!

Re: Price of food [Re: Allison1] #15003687 02/29/24 05:17 PM
F
Flip Flop Fisher Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
The odd part from my point of view is that people see so little by just looking at food prices where they are, yet have opinions that can't be seen with that view.
Look around people. There are a lot of resources like the Wall Street Journal. Market Watch, Barons, Benzinga.

You can find how much they blame Biden. IMO, not near as much as you'll find on this forum.

what the heck will the wall street journal tell me about inflation that I cannot already see. I'm talking about the real and practical effect of inflation, not an explanation of why it's happening. I still have to buy groceries and gas, have no choice

if the people at the wall street journal are so smart about inflation maybe they can tell us how to fix it (less government spending and handouts would be a factor. stop paying fast food workers $15 dollars an hour is a factor)

how about we get some solutions coming..guy that's been pres for 3.5 years what's your plan dude cause it aint working

Re: Price of food [Re: bloo_rainger] #15003691 02/29/24 05:22 PM
M
me and the boys Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
My 2 cents,
If you can’t afford now what you could 31/2 years ago?

Don’t need an expert to tell us who the problem is.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide