Texas Fishing Forum

Price of food

Posted By: bloo_rainger

Price of food - 02/27/24 02:43 AM

The cost of food takes up a higher percentage of your paycheck than it has in thirty years.

It’s very obvious and painful.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by bloo_rainger
The cost of food takes up a higher percentage of your paycheck than it has in thirty years.

It’s crazy- I was just walking thru the store looking at prices while the wife was waiting on a prescription. I told her I don’t know how people on tight incomes even afford to eat anymore.
Posted By: Grasshopperglock

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 02:49 AM

I eat a bunch of eggs and chicken.

Trying to rotate the protein with pork or beef.

The big bulk bags of chicken thighs, breast, and quarters. Placed in freezer bags. Same with pork chops.

Beef, doesn't last long in the freezer. It's served rather quick of buying it.

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Grasshopperglock

The big bulk bags of chicken thighs, breast, and quarters. Placed in freezer bags. Same with pork chops.

I got a better idea.

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 03:19 AM

I got a better idea.

Are you the one buying it? If so, I'm all ears.

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 03:40 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 11:42 AM

I paid $2 for a tomato the other day. One friggen tomato????? I need to start a garden.

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 11:45 AM

Lasts a long time if you vacuum seal it. I buy in bulk at Sam's a bunch and it'll sit in my freezer for a year and still be delicious.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 11:48 AM

It’s financially painful to shop for food
Posted By: AmpedUp

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Samsonsworld

Lasts a long time if you vacuum seal it. I buy in bulk at Sam's a bunch and it'll sit in my freezer for a year and still be delicious.

^^ This is the way to go!!
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 01:42 PM

We are using Sam’s and our vacuum sealer more in the last couple of years than we ever have. We are stocking a lot of canned, frozen, and packaged food along with vac packed meats. You have to take advantage of the deals when they come because they may not be there next week.
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 03:36 PM

...and the check when it is placed on your table at a restaurant, don't get me going!

Fast-food joints are crazy now, $2.99 for pop/Coke/soft drink, whatever you call it!

Addendum: In a nutshell, "$$$/money" is the most important thing in life, unless you live alone in the wilderness, and you live off the land.

...------
Posted By: RoadRunnerTR21

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 03:47 PM

All of the gardens this year are going to get raided by Joe's illegals. Just saying.
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 03:49 PM

I buy most of my beef and pork at Costco. I got a vacuum sealer for Christmas, so I spend a few extra minutes sealing it up as opposed to freezer bags. It works great that way, and I date everything on the pkg. before putting it in the freezer. Buy extra dry grocery items when they are on sale. I don't like canned veggies, so I buy almost 100% fresh, frequently from Central Market. The produce is better there than the Kroger, TT and Albertons offer so it's worth a few extra bucks to buy it there. If we ever get an HEB close enough, I'll go there for everything.
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 06:56 PM

CEO of Kellegs cerial said to eat cereal for supper to off set inflation! banana
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by KB1953
CEO of Kellegs cerial said to eat cereal for supper to off set inflation! banana

I eat it for dessert frequently.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 07:06 PM

We went to the store yesterday. What would have cost us about $100 three years ago was $191. Anyone who actually believes the inflation rate is 3% is either really bad at math or on crack.

FJB. Anyone who votes to continue this disaster is stupid or enjoys pain.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 07:19 PM

There’s a commercial on tv, Kellogg I believe, pushing that.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by HasBen
We are using Sam’s and our vacuum sealer more in the last couple of years than we ever have. We are stocking a lot of canned, frozen, and packaged food along with vac packed meats. You have to take advantage of the deals when they come because they may not be there next week.

Same. I just stocked up on steaks at Tom Thumb. They had the New York strips for $4.99lb. Vacuum sealed about 15 of those bad boys and into the freezer. But yeah when stuff is on a good sale, I stock up. Used to not pay as much attention but the deals are not as good as they used to be and are fewer and farther between...
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 07:57 PM

Wendy’s is beginning to test surge pricing.

If you visit during peak times, you’ll get to pay more for your all your favorites. If you visit during non-peak times you’ll get to save by paying full normal price. thumb

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse

If you visit during peak times, you’ll get to pay more for your all your favorites. If you visit during non-peak times you’ll get to save by paying full normal price. thumb

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bbqking

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

It’s crazy- I was just walking thru the store looking at prices while the wife was waiting on a prescription. I told her I don’t know how people on tight incomes even afford to eat anymore.

Chicken and Hamburg
Posted By: pchapin

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 08:16 PM

I buy all my groceries at Kroger.
2022 I spent 27.8% more than 2021
2023 I spent 41.38% more than 2022
This comes to an increase of 80.93% more at Kroger in 2023 compared to 2021.
Than God only one person eats from my income.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 08:19 PM

Eat less or make more, ain't ridin with biden great!!
Posted By: kcb

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by pchapin

Holy cr*# That is outrageous. I know the 25% increases since early 2021 the government says is bull. I saw a few weeks ago on line that grocery prices in the last 12 months are up 1.5%. Complete bull.

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 08:42 PM

A breakfast burrito from the Mexican place down the road use to be about $4.50.

Today it's over $9 and it's smaller with less ingredients. That's a 50% increase.
Posted By: Floon Swenson

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 08:44 PM

Honest question - how many of y'all have dropped a pant size or two with this inflation-based diet?

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 08:54 PM

Lost 23 lbs so far. Not all necessarily because of cost of food, However being on a fixed income, your buying habits change drastically. It's challenging to stay ahead of the game now. If President DONALD J. TRUMP doesn't get elected in Nov, we'll all be the wards of the State and will be eating whatever the GOV sends us or whatever bread line you get into.

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 09:06 PM

The poors and irresponsibles get the EBT and SNAP
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 09:07 PM

Today it's over $9 and it's smaller with less ingredients. That's a 50% increase.

I think you mean 100% increase

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 09:09 PM

You mean the lady with 4 kids, no father in sight. Buying lotto tickets as her...offspring grazes on anything within reach?
Posted By: Jaredk

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 09:26 PM

I’m no mathologist but I think your numbers are a bit off

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 09:29 PM

I suck at math but I think if something goes 2X its a 100% increase.

50% here would be half of the old price. So $2.25. New price would be $6.75.

#Math

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jaredk

I’m no mathologist but I think your numbers are a bit off

I know another high school grad when I see one!

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 09:35 PM

And....

Those little cups of hot sauce. They use to include two. Now they include one and it's half the size as one of the previous ones.

So if you want, 'extra' hot sauce. It's 60¢

Meals use to $8-$13 bucks. Now the $8 meal is $13 and the $13 is over $20.
Posted By: YEE_YEE

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 09:35 PM

[Linked Image]

What's this fridge of food worth ?

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by YEE_YEE
[Linked Image]

What's this fridge of food worth ?

Diabetes and cholesterol. What do I win?

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 09:38 PM

That's all processed food. No raw meat.

Good grief, where's the eggs?

Those coffee creamers are like $10 each.

Name brand everything. I'll guess $1200 total.

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 09:39 PM

And....

Those little cups of hot sauce. They use to include two. Now they include one and it's half the size as one of the previous ones.

So eat at home

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 09:42 PM

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 09:42 PM

And....

So eat at home

Good Idea. Considering I'm the cook of the household and give myself a break twice a month. Eating a burrito.

Maybe I need to cut back on one burrito. Stand my behind in the kitchen instead.

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 09:45 PM

And....

So eat at home

Good Idea. Considering I'm the cook of the household and give myself a break twice a month. Eating a burrito.

Maybe I need to cut back on one burrito. Stand my behind in the kitchen instead.

You may need to if two burritos a month at $9 a piece is breaking you…hell, an even $20 will get you 3 extra hot sauces with that

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 09:48 PM

I'm a disabled veteran (service connected)

My income is fixed.

Don't you think I wanna go out and get a nice dinner?
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 09:54 PM

Nothing has changed except the value of your money. Congress did that when they printed $8,000,000,000,000.00 for a virus.
The American dollar ain't worth [censored]. That's why it takes a [censored] load of them to buy ANYTHING.
The bad part is, it's still better than most currencles.

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 09:59 PM

I wonder about the people working 7/11.

Part time and hair over minimum wage.

Don't get me wrong. I'm blessed. I'm in a better position then most people and that should scare the ever living hell out of you.

Any food shortage or some gigantic price increase. People are going to riot with the grocery store being the first place robbed. If they have any brains. You can't eat shoes or a stupid TV.

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 10:05 PM

Sister works at Albertsons I can't believe the amount of food she can bring home for $20-$30 between sales and coupons.
Posted By: river-rat

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 10:09 PM

I went applebees a while back to get out of the house and watch football, sat at the bar just to chat, ordered a flavored tea for $3.99. 5 bucks for a glass of tea that tasted like s&it. Won’t happen again
Posted By: The Searchers

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 10:10 PM

Sister works at Albertsons I can't believe the amount of food she can bring home for $20-$30 between sales and coupons.

Yee, get on here around 1100 tonight after you’ve had a few keystones and show these boys one of your famous late night meals. You know, something like spam on bread right outta the can with maybe some canned oysters on the side
Do it up right

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 10:12 PM

Skip the bread. Ramen noodles. Shrimp flavored.

At least warm it up.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 10:39 PM

Great reason to avoid Wendy's even more

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 10:45 PM

Whataburger is the only burger joint the woman will order from. She's from Michigan and loves her Whataburger.

She'll bring up McDonald's every now and then. But that's because she worked at one for ten years. Personally, I don't consider it real food.

I cook 7 days a week. Usually two meals a day. Breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is eggs and sausage. Dinner is where I put in the effort. I may be poor but I'm not eating slop for dinner. I will have a decent meal.

The store bought takeout. I've only found Mexican to even be close to home cooking.

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 10:48 PM

Whataburger is the only burger joint the woman will order from. She's from Michigan and loves her Whataburger.

She'll bring up McDonald's every now and then. But that's because she worked at one for ten years. Personally, I don't consider it real food.

I cook 7 days a week. Usually two meals a day. Breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is eggs and sausage. Dinner is where I put in the effort. I may be poor but I'm not eating slop for dinner. I will have a decent meal.

The store bought takeout. I've only found Mexican to even be close to home cooking.

I feel the same about going out to eat. I pretty much only go to Mexican joints. They are really the only thing kind of worth it anymore
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 11:38 PM

I used to tell customers that "Eat`n Ain`t Cheap" when they complained about prices of meat. Today`s prices takes it to a whole new level of BS. bang

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 11:41 PM

Ever get upset it cost money to live your life. On this planet?

As you stare at your dog that gets not only a better diet but better health care?

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 11:47 PM

As you stare at your dog that gets not only a better diet but better health care?

Exactly I get upset with what cost me money. I may not have a lot but I got it made.
Yes I say that often my dog gets better health care than me

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 11:50 PM

Exactly I get upset with what cost me money. I may not have a lot but I got it made.

Yes Sir. There's two dogs in the household. And I expect them to out live me. At least I hope.

F'ing beef prices are pissing me off.

Dammit. My freezer use to be full of it but now it's chicken.

Sons of bitches.

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 11:53 PM

Yes Sir. There's two dogs in the household. And I expect them to out live me. At least I hope.

F'ing beef prices are pissing me off.

Dammit. My freezer use to be full of it but now it's chicken.

Sons of bitches.

Beef is relatively cheap at the commissary…Fort Hood near you?

Re: Price of food - 02/27/24 11:58 PM

I'm not going on base unless it's to fish. Yes, I have access. I can fish every body of water on federal property as long as they're not blowing it up.

Fort Hood is what I see walking out the door.

The prices ain't cheaper and let's be honest. The Class 6 selling hard alcohol on Sunday would be the only reason to deal with government contractors at the gates.

The stupid [censored] look you get back from an DoD employee.

No, hell no. 7/11 works for me. I prefer beer.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 12:43 AM

I paid $2 for a tomato the other day. One friggen tomato????? I need to start a garden.

Tomato plants are probably more than $2.00, they may live, they may die.

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 12:45 AM

I bought rosemary, Thyme, and catnip seeds. Last time at the store.

It's getting to time to plant them.

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 01:18 AM

2 chops
[Linked Image]

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 01:20 AM

.930 a pound.

How thick are they?

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 01:26 AM

.930 a pound.

How thick are they?

1/2 in. Going to throw them on the Blackstone with jalapenos and onions and potatoes

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 01:30 AM

+1

I'm also doing pork chops, fried. Green beans and refried beans.

I need..... I'm going to pull out some chicken thigh. Put it a salt brine. Let it sit overnight.

Probably fried. Maybe a sauce. Maybe grilled.

But pork chops tonight. It's Tuesday.

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 04:15 AM

12-15% of Americans are on food "stamps", they don't care what it costs and technically those of us that pay taxes are picking up their tab as well.

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
12-15% of Americans are on food "stamps", they don't care what it costs and technically those of us that pay taxes are picking up their tab as well.

Well that's about 85% that cares good enough for me
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 01:08 PM

Some of the price increases are just astounding to me. The redhead and I drink Diet Dr Pepper ... pre-WuFlu, we could buy 12 packs on sale 4/$10. Now the very best sale prices we can find are $5 per 12 pack and seeing regular prices at stores of $7-$8+ per 12 pack.

It puts me in mind of the vending machine scene in "The Running Man"

Canned goods have doubled or tripled in price. Likewise for many packaged staples - pasta, pancake mix, etc.
Posted By: donothin

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 02:56 PM

Greedflation at work.
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by donothin
Greedflation at work.

Good morning Carl

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 03:56 PM

Greedflation at work.

I agree, Biden has sure taken GREEDFLATION to a whole another level. Joe Biden is a very EVIL -- DISTURBED -- USELESS -- OLD -- DEMENTIA RIDDLED -

ARTHRITIS DRENCHED -- BRAIN DEAD -- WALKING ZOMBIE -- AMERICAN HATING -- TRAITOR -- COWARD -- HATED BY AMERICA -- ILLEGAL ALIEN

LOVER -- AMERICAN LAW HATER -- HATED BY THE WORLD'S LEADERS -- EMBARRASSMENT TO OUR COUNTRY AND THE WORLD.

If that's the Joe Biden you're talking about, I agree! ( useless piece of mexican trash )

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek
Some of the price increases are just astounding to me. The redhead and I drink Diet Dr Pepper ... pre-WuFlu, we could buy 12 packs on sale 4/$10. Now the very best sale prices we can find are $5 per 12 pack and seeing regular prices at stores of $7-$8+ per 12 pack.

Canned goods have doubled or tripled in price. Likewise for many packaged staples - pasta, pancake mix, etc.

Our country is being ran like the running man- it’s all smoke and mirrors

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 04:07 PM

Do you understand the food stamp game and the ties it has to a few major retail corporations and politicians? It's a complete grift.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 04:08 PM

2 chops
[Linked Image]

SAMS had their pork loin @ $1.98 a pound last weekend.
I bought a 5 lb slab and cut my own chops out of it.

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 04:10 PM

This current administration has opened Pandora's box for manufacturers and retailers to charge whatever they want. It's a total free for all.

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 04:33 PM

This current administration has opened Pandora's box for manufacturers and retailers to charge whatever they want. It's a total free for all.

The government used to be able to tell them what to charge? When did that end?
You seem to be arguing for price fixing and against the free market.

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 04:36 PM

Do you understand the food stamp game and the ties it has to a few major retail corporations and politicians? It's a complete grift.

I don't know anything about food stamps.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 05:10 PM

Greedflation at work.

That explanation might work except for two small problems...common sense and logic. Did merchants suddenly become greedy only after Biden took office?

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 05:16 PM

100%

Now the Biden defenders will absolutely not allow any blame to fall at his feet but we are 3 1/2 years into his time in office. He owns the bsd right along with the good he claims.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 05:22 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

100%

Now the Biden defenders will absolutely not allow any blame to fall at his feet but we are 3 1/2 years into his time in office. He owns the bsd right along with the good he claims.

Two who seem to think we used to have price fixing OR that the president has a say in what people charge for their product or services.
Thats foolish.

What happened during Covid set the stage for inflation.
I remember the free money and extending unemployment benefits in 2020 through 2021 when it was hard to get people flip burgers, deliver food or process food. To attract workers they had to increase pay.

Unless they were able to cut the pay back when the economy came back, what do you think would happen?

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Allison1

100%

Two who seem to think we used to have price fixing OR that the president has a say in what people charge for their product or services.
Thats foolish.

What happened during Covid set the stage for inflation.
I remember the free money and extending unemployment benefits in 2020 through 2021 when it was hard to get people flip burgers, deliver food or process food. To attract workers they had to increase pay.

Unless they were able to cut the pay back when the economy came back, what do you think would happen?

Told you. No blame can ever be laid on Biden. Ever.

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 05:55 PM

Told you. No blame can ever be laid on Biden. Ever.

I did not blame anyone. I just pointed out things that we all know happened.
If you want me to blame him, here. If Trump had been elected he might have been able to manage the economy better. Bad Biden.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis
[Linked Image]

it's just that simple.

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 06:05 PM

Greedflation at work.

Addled brain at work.

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ghost4BH
Greedflation at work.

Good morning Carl

roflmao

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by bbqking
Greedflation at work.

I agree, Biden has sure taken GREEDFLATION to a whole another level. Joe Biden is a very EVIL -- DISTURBED -- USELESS -- OLD -- DEMENTIA RIDDLED -

ARTHRITIS DRENCHED -- BRAIN DEAD -- WALKING ZOMBIE -- AMERICAN HATING -- TRAITOR -- COWARD -- HATED BY AMERICA -- ILLEGAL ALIEN

LOVER -- AMERICAN LAW HATER -- HATED BY THE WORLD'S LEADERS -- EMBARRASSMENT TO OUR COUNTRY AND THE WORLD.

If that's the Joe Biden you're talking about, I agree! ( useless piece of mexican trash )

Biden is a Mexican? No way, I have never known such a sleepy Mexican.

Back to groceries though, good sale on Nantucket and McDonalds coffee at Kroger this week. $4.99 for 10 cups. Hard to get a good cup for .50 cents anymore. Decent deal on bacon as well. I stock up on that stuff when a store runs a good deal. Helps beat the Biden inflation.
Posted By: Flip Flop Fisher

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 10:01 PM

Bidenomics is knocking America to it's knees

I don't understand the deep need to deny and defer

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Flip Flop Fisher

It borders on insanity. Then you get a couple of guys on here trying to tell us what we plainly see with our own eyes is not what we are really seeing. That's even more insanity.

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 11:09 PM

It borders on insanity. Then you get a couple of guys on here trying to tell us what we plainly see with our own eyes is not what we are really seeing. That's even more insanity.

When we have some leading economists on the forum I'll listen to them.
I usually peruse the financial experts, economists and such. That must not be the way you do it.
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 11:33 PM

Yall would be shocked at how much food a $.25 crappie jig can put on the table! You might not like the price of the corn meal and veggie oil though. grin

Re: Price of food - 02/28/24 11:39 PM

When we have some leading economists on the forum I'll listen to them.
I usually peruse the financial experts, economists and such. That must not be the way you do it.

it's a reality. I don't need someone to explain it to me. You can see it. If you cannot, you are in denial

do you need an economist to explain to you how your own life is being affected? I guess you do

me, through simply living my life I see the effect. The shocking part is that the dems are against you too, but you defend them to the last letter
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by JCBfromTHF
Yall would be shocked at how much food a $.25 crappie jig can put on the table! You might not like the price of the corn meal and veggie oil though. grin

That is like saying you would be shocked at how much food a 150 grain 30-06 bullet can put on the table while not including the cost of a deer lease and the gas to get there.

I check the digital coupons each week. Sometimes I will buy things on sale even if I know I will not need them for several weeks. Coffee is one example. I can't remember the last time I paid regular price for it.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 03:10 PM

After my shopping trip this morning I'm convinced the high food prices coupled with the In Store Shoppers and self checkout is a "highly classified" Deep State program of forced obesity reduction. bang
Posted By: Nocona Brian

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 04:13 PM

Saw our United had jugs of simply orange, and tropicana for 9 something dollars a gallon the other day. It's insane.

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 04:14 PM

Great reason to avoid Wendy's even more

Now, after significant backlash from the public, Wendy’s is crawfishing and/or outright lying about the strategy. They decided to say it will be “dynamic pricing”, and will only benefit consumers and crew members…not “surge pricing”, that will gouge consumers.

In a former life, I worked for their new CEO…the guy that caused and is caught in this mess. He’s been in the Wendy’s CEO role maybe a month. I’m not bothered one bit by witnessing this public dust-up.

[Linked Image]

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 04:22 PM

it's a reality. I don't need someone to explain it to me. You can see it. If you cannot, you are in denial

do you need an economist to explain to you how your own life is being affected? I guess you do

me, through simply living my life I see the effect. The shocking part is that the dems are against you too, but you defend them to the last letter

You can see prices go up but you don't know if its regional or local.
Whether its weather related, world related or government related.

Sure, we all have eyes but they don't tell us anything past what we can see.
Thats why I look beyond my sight.
You do too or you would not blame it on anyone past that sight.

I don't like Dems because they like big govt with its high cost and big social programs.
The Reps are much better on social programs and slightly better on big govt but they try to force lower spending by reducing taxes. "Hasn't worked yet but we expect us to stop spending soon" should be their motto.

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 04:28 PM

Wonder if the panhandle fires will affect the beef pricing.?

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 04:48 PM

I don't like Dems because they like big govt with its high cost and big social programs.
The Reps are much better on social programs and slightly better on big govt but they try to force lower spending by reducing taxes. "Hasn't worked yet but we expect us to stop spending soon" should be their motto.

so I go to the store and olives are 6 dollars when they use to be 3 dollars..do I need to know if this is a regional or local thing? I'm paying double, that's the effect I'm noticing

when I use to spend $100 on groceries and am now spending $200 for the same stuff, knowing if it's regional or local helps me how?

and lastly it's not regional or local, it's national
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 04:48 PM

pre-cooked food
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 04:51 PM

Quite possible. Cattle numbers were already at their lowest point in the last 20+ years and we're "importing" new mouths to feed by the millions.

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 04:51 PM

so I go to the store and olives are 6 dollars when they use to be 3 dollars..do I need to know if this is a regional or local thing? I'm paying double, that's the effect I'm noticing

when I use to spend $100 on groceries and am now spending $200 for the same stuff, knowing if it's regional or local helps me how?

and lastly it's not regional or local, it's national

I’ll bet you can change his thinking about all of this…stay with it!

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 05:09 PM

The odd part from my point of view is that people see so little by just looking at food prices where they are, yet have opinions that can't be seen with that view.
Look around people. There are a lot of resources like the Wall Street Journal. Market Watch, Barons, Benzinga.

You can find how much they blame Biden. IMO, not near as much as you'll find on this forum.
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 05:10 PM

A small bunch of opinions at Wal Mart have gone up 110% over the past few months, from .48 to .98 Bidenonics!

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 05:17 PM

The odd part from my point of view is that people see so little by just looking at food prices where they are, yet have opinions that can't be seen with that view.
Look around people. There are a lot of resources like the Wall Street Journal. Market Watch, Barons, Benzinga.

You can find how much they blame Biden. IMO, not near as much as you'll find on this forum.

what the heck will the wall street journal tell me about inflation that I cannot already see. I'm talking about the real and practical effect of inflation, not an explanation of why it's happening. I still have to buy groceries and gas, have no choice

if the people at the wall street journal are so smart about inflation maybe they can tell us how to fix it (less government spending and handouts would be a factor. stop paying fast food workers $15 dollars an hour is a factor)

how about we get some solutions coming..guy that's been pres for 3.5 years what's your plan dude cause it aint working
Posted By: me and the boys

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 05:22 PM

My 2 cents,
If you can’t afford now what you could 31/2 years ago?

Don’t need an expert to tell us who the problem is.

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 05:26 PM

and not just food, my water bill has doubled as has my electric bill. it's extreamly hard on a one income family.

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
and not just food, my water bill has doubled as has my electric bill. it's extreamly hard on a one income family.

Bob it's everything

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 06:20 PM

A small bunch of opinions at Wal Mart have gone up 110% over the past few months, from .48 to .98 Bidenonics!

Back in the day opinions at Wal Mart were free!

And we liked it that way!
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 06:46 PM

Are there not enough people calling you a moron in the bunker?
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 07:48 PM

powertochoose.org on electricity. I was able to get .103/kwh a couple of weeks ago. I was at .133/kwh. It'll save us about $50/month.

The Flipp app really does help to find sales on groceries, but also on everything. They are an app to find all the sales from retailers

Fortunately my food bill really hasn't been affected much, as the vegetables are still reasonably priced...but I shop like heck for my Diet Dr Pepper, dang it! That's one of the very few processed items I buy.

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 07:52 PM

Again it's crazy that one person can sit here and tell everyone what they see when they go to the store and what they spend is not what they see. Because he reads a few articles he knows way better than the guys seeing the money leave their hands.

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 08:01 PM

Again it's crazy that one person can sit here and tell everyone what they see when they go to the store and what they spend is not what they see. Because he reads a few articles he knows way better than the guys seeing the money leave their hands.

Dunning Kruger effect

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 08:12 PM

I didn't say that did I. I assume you are talking about me.
I said what you see at the store are the increased prices. You can't tell why they are high at the store or who's fault it is. There are people who study that and know a whole lot more about it than any of us.

Just like you know a whole lot more than we do about ambulances. I bet you don't ever get uneducated people who gripe about the high cost of transport. Its because they don't look past what they can see.

I only know more than those who don't look past where their eyes see.
Its not crazy. Its common sense.

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 08:20 PM

I'm take going to take uneduacated guess here and it starts with
1.High fuel prices
2. Increase pay for good workers
3. Covid excuse
Feel free to add if you like

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 08:20 PM

you don't use common sense. You accept the current admin's position that inflation is not that bad, that it's down, that we are all making more money now..it's pathetic really and the people see what is going on

to say you don't is disingenuous

but again you are here for sport and basically post like a broken record, or an AI bot programmed to defend the Biden admin's policies. So as I said before real discussion with you is not possible

carry on with your broken record posts..there are a couple more here like that as well

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die

Quite possible. Cattle numbers were already at their lowest point in the last 20+ years and we're "importing" new mouths to feed by the millions.

I thought they eat goats and you better watch your dogs because their are a bunch of them coming in also.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by pchapin

Bull [censored]! All the other mother [censored] eating from our income is the problem in the first place!

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 09:38 PM

If you are a real leader and you are competent yiu don't just take credit for the good things that happen under your watch you also have to own the negative things that happen. To still sit back and blame a previous administration for every negative thing is silly. It's been 3 1/2 years now.

If something becomes uncomfortable this administration simply changes the definition of it to try and make it sound better. It's embarrassing to watch.

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955

roflmao
Posted By: OTFF

Re: Price of food - 02/29/24 10:24 PM

If you are a real leader and you are competent yiu don't just take credit for the good things that happen under your watch you also have to own the negative things that happen. To still sit back and blame a previous administration for every negative thing is silly. It's been 3 1/2 years now.

If something becomes uncomfortable this administration simply changes the definition of it to try and make it sound better. It's embarrassing to watch.

Now don’t you worry at all. The next four years of Trump’s term they will all be saying it is because of Biden and his great “leadership” that Trump’s economy is smoking hot. We know that what Biden is doing now will really kick in for Trump. Same with the border, Ukraine, mortgage rates, inflation, gas prices, and, well heck, everything.
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Price of food - 03/01/24 12:40 AM

roflmao

His “partner” probably pays all the bills and buys the groceries while he trolls the internet. He’s clueless.

Re: Price of food - 03/01/24 12:55 AM

he/it is a bot

Re: Price of food - 03/01/24 01:03 AM

I didn't say that did I. I assume you are talking about me.
I said what you see at the store are the increased prices. You can't tell why they are high at the store or who's fault it is. There are people who study that and know a whole lot more about it than any of us.

Just like you know a whole lot more than we do about ambulances. I bet you don't ever get uneducated people who gripe about the high cost of transport. Its because they don't look past what they can see.

The smartest man in the room never has to tell everyone else…..
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Price of food - 03/01/24 01:08 AM

The rise in food prices has greatly outpaced the rise in income. Just like most other daily requirements (transportation, insurance (all kinds), medical care, building supply’s…..EVERYTHING.

YES….Income has increased, but not at the pace required to level the field. Not even close.

God help those on a fixed income.

Re: Price of food - 03/01/24 02:07 AM

Fixing to go get dog food and yes Henrietta eats good
Posted By: POPPA

Re: Price of food - 03/01/24 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
The rise in food prices has greatly outpaced the rise in income. Just like most other daily requirements (transportation, insurance (all kinds), medical care, building supply’s…..EVERYTHING.

YES….Income has increased, but not at the pace required to level the field. Not even close.

God help those on a fixed income.

everybody is on a fixed income, right? its fixed by how much you income?

Re: Price of food - 03/01/24 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

powertochoose.org on electricity. I was able to get .103/kwh a couple of weeks ago. I was at .133/kwh. It'll save us about $50/month.

The Flipp app really does help to find sales on groceries, but also on everything. They are an app to find all the sales from retailers

Fortunately my food bill really hasn't been affected much, as the vegetables are still reasonably priced...but I shop like heck for my Diet Dr Pepper, dang it! That's one of the very few processed items I buy.

Thanks for the post. I had to go on PowerToChoose and check prices. Now I have to deal with power company ads every time I look at Google.
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: Price of food - 03/01/24 04:31 AM

roflmao

clap
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Price of food - 03/01/24 05:24 AM

so what you are really trying to say is that you know more than everyone since no one can see past what their eyes can see... I’m calling BS on your statement... do you see what I mean? ... or do you need to smell it past where your nose can smell?

bet you couldnt see past where your eyes could see or you would have seen this coming

[Linked Image]
Posted By: marschall

Re: Price of food - 03/01/24 10:50 AM

Being retired and on a fixed income we only shop the sales.
We also only go on Wednesdays when all the sales start. We shop Aldi, Davids, Krogers, and Brookshires. If something is on sale we buy a lot of it.
Our commercial freezer in the garage stays full . Had a hard time finding ground 90/10 beef , but found it in bulk at Sams.

Re: Price of food - 03/01/24 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by OTFF

Now don’t you worry at all. The next four years of Trump’s term they will all be saying it is because of Biden and his great “leadership” that Trump’s economy is smoking hot. We know that what Biden is doing now will really kick in for Trump. Same with the border, Ukraine, mortgage rates, inflation, gas prices, and, well heck, everything.

Can’t wait for Trump to take over and for all of Biden’s work to start kicking in.
The next four years should be awesome.
Thanks Joe…

Re: Price of food - 03/01/24 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by marschall
Being retired and on a fixed income we only shop the sales.
We also only go on Wednesdays when all the sales start. We shop Aldi, Davids, Krogers, and Brookshires. If something is on sale we buy a lot of it.
Our commercial freezer in the garage stays full . Had a hard time finding ground 90/10 beef , but found it in bulk at Sams.

I look at the Aldi ad when it comes out. I will normally see maybe 1 or 2 items that are priced lower then other stores. Even though it is right next to Krogers I don't bother going there for an item or 2. My first and last experience with Aldi was not a good one.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum