Forums59
Topics1,039,963
Posts13,973,321
Members144,225
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Re: How many sponsors gonna drop Milliken? [Re: OzzieFish] #14756309 06/21/23 04:11 PM
4Weight Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by OzzieFish
Originally Posted by jiggmann
You boys gave up Murvaul on a public forum

1+

Exactly. Be careful and maybe think before you type.

Aztec Anglers San Juan River Guide Service
www.aztecanglers.com
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: How many sponsors gonna drop Milliken? [Re: MrRoachie] #14756319 06/21/23 04:16 PM
OzzieFish Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I like watching his videos however if he's not on Lake Tyler but another lake then how can I be sure he caught 30lbs in 4 hours? The video editing could have been done over a full day or few days but he just has to say it was over a 4 hour period... Once you start a fib it opens up a rabbit hole to go down...

Re: How many sponsors gonna drop Milliken? [Re: emorydog] #14756431 06/21/23 06:07 PM
T-racer @ Mallard Marine Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by emorydog
Originally Posted by T-racer @ Mallard Marine
I usually refrain from commenting on anyone as it's just unprofessional, but I have to jump in this thread just cause I finally feel like whining... lol
I don't even get on youtube, but I scrolled across one of his videos one time on facebook where he was making fun of one of my old timer customers. Just a good ole local dude. Really really nice guy, so it really rubbed me the wrong way. I know he's just trying to make a living on the internet, but I found it disrespectful. He was mocking him and playing dumb and my ole customer was just trying to help/chat from what I could see.

Are you talking about the old fart that rolled up and started fishing right on top of them when there is a whole lake to fish? Like literally less than a cast away. Maybe I didn’t see that right, is that not what actually happened? Him being a customer shouldn’t really excuse that, but maybe you think it’s perfectly fine

I can see why you usually refrain from commenting, you might want to consider reimplementing your vow of silence on similar instances.

You are right. This is precisely why I don't interject my opinion into anything other than work/fixing boat related topics, because of replies like this. The only reason I even bother having social media is for work. However since I'm here, I'll just say that you may be right. I wasn't there, didn't pay enough attention to the video to see exactly what happened, but I do know Naconiche is a very small lake. That spot is a community hole, and it appeared that he came to within casting distance upon them striking up a conversation about Livescope, at which point milliken was mocking him and playing dumb. It appeared Mike trolled over to attempt to show him how his setup worked, too old and blind to see that Milliken already had one. Did he get too close? Maybe he did. Could milliken have politely asked for some space? That's what I'd have done. Situations like this really just make me sad. My personal view is that generation had it tougher than we ever did, and guys like Mike are the best ones to listen to stories while you drink coffee at the gas station, the ones who pull paper pictures of bass out to show you old catches, and the ones who'd give you every worm in their boat if you asked for them. But again... am I right? Perhaps not. Maybe Mike ran his boat into milliken for all I know. My final thought is just simply that regardless of a situation on the water, I just personally didn't think Milliken showed Mike any shred of courtesy, albeit maybe in a bad situation that Mike put himself into, but rather seized an opportunity to make a "funny" video poking fun at an old man who quite literally fishes that lake 6 days a week, and has for the 5 years I've known him. He's like the old man riding the dirt road checking his fence for cows as far as Naconiche goes. Everyone knows him, he's out there everyday, and he's always checking everybody out, seeing what's going on. Who knows, maybe Mike deserved it, but based on what I remember seeing and everything I know about Mike, I would wager a good bit that he did not. But what do I know.

Mallard Marine Nacogdoches, Tx
936-225-3244 - Authorized Sales/Service
Mercury Outboards - Allison Boats
Re: How many sponsors gonna drop Milliken? [Re: OzzieFish] #14756459 06/21/23 06:51 PM
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I like watching his videos however if he's not on Lake Tyler but another lake then how can I be sure he caught 30lbs in 4 hours? The video editing could have been done over a full day or few days but he just has to say it was over a 4 hour period... Once you start a fib it opens up a rabbit hole to go down...

Holy chit I cannot believe this is still around. I have never seen more grown men get upset about him lying about a lake. Meanwhile its the same folks watching A LOT of the MLF guys straight up CHEAT in their last event.

Re: How many sponsors gonna drop Milliken? [Re: MrRoachie] #14756462 06/21/23 06:54 PM
C
CubbyObrien Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
9 pages and allot of Butt Hurt going on popcorn2

Go home at the end of your shift, no matter the cost!
Re: How many sponsors gonna drop Milliken? [Re: Barrett] #14756463 06/21/23 06:56 PM
Mark Perry Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Barrett

Holy chit I cannot believe this is still around. I have never seen more grown men get upset about him lying about a lake. Meanwhile its the same folks watching A LOT of the MLF guys straight up CHEAT in their last event.

But those guys get 751hrs of airtime on 5 different networks.

Re: How many sponsors gonna drop Milliken? [Re: MrRoachie] #14756657 06/21/23 10:09 PM
T
txbowhunter27 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
I bet every guy complaining on here lies about a $100 jackpot tournament they have fished, but get mad when that MFer doesn't say what lake he's on. If I had a local fishing business in tyler i would love it. He has made the locals around ivie more money in a year then they made in the last 5 combined I bet!

Re: How many sponsors gonna drop Milliken? [Re: MrRoachie] #14756658 06/21/23 10:14 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
I cant understand all the hubbub about a fisherman lying,...com'on man, we talikin bout fishin. roflmao

Re: How many sponsors gonna drop Milliken? [Re: BBF] #14756677 06/21/23 10:37 PM
C
ChanceHuiet Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by BBF
NO. It just makes him a liar and apparently nowadays a lot of people like to be lied too. wink

Oh god. Wait till you realize every pro fisherman out there LIES about using their sponsors tackle. eek2 what are we going to do now? Can't trust anyone. Wow.

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Re: How many sponsors gonna drop Milliken? [Re: fishnfireman] #14756761 06/21/23 11:54 PM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by fishnfireman
How many sponsors gonna drop Milliken?

None !

+1

Re: How many sponsors gonna drop Milliken? [Re: Barrett] #14756764 06/21/23 11:57 PM
emorydog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

I hope they say at the meeting there is to be no cheating at this event, and the necessary adjustments to the results are made from the Cayuga event. We shall see.

As far as mulligan, maybe he states the wrong lake to get a rise…he does catch them though.

weber
Re: How many sponsors gonna drop Milliken? [Re: Mark Perry] #14757216 06/22/23 02:21 PM
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

But those guys get 751hrs of airtime on 5 different networks.

Where is Mark Jones regarding all the recorded cheating by multiple pros when you a need him!!!

Re: How many sponsors gonna drop Milliken? [Re: T-racer @ Mallard Marine] #14757259 06/22/23 03:05 PM
78Staff Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by T-racer @ Mallard Marine
I usually refrain from commenting on anyone as it's just unprofessional, but I have to jump in this thread just cause I finally feel like whining... lol
I don't even get on youtube, but I scrolled across one of his videos one time on facebook where he was making fun of one of my old timer customers. Just a good ole local dude. Really really nice guy, so it really rubbed me the wrong way. I know he's just trying to make a living on the internet, but I found it disrespectful. He was mocking him and playing dumb and my ole customer was just trying to help/chat from what I could see.

So I went back and watched this... I'm not BM's biggest fan or anything, but I don't dislike him either. I don't care for the clickbait model he uses, but it works for him. He's obviously a heck of a fisherman, but tbh this video just turns me off of him... no reason to be a complete a$$ making fun of the guy. It's people like this in the world I just don't have any interest in.

Re: How many sponsors gonna drop Milliken? [Re: MrRoachie] #14757738 06/23/23 12:51 AM
D
DJB Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
I just don't understand the love chuckle for this guy on here. He puts out a video where he lies about what lake he's on and shows a map and how he breaks down fishing a lake he's not even on. I guess I'm confused. But that's lying. But he is selling steez a t shirt.

Re: How many sponsors gonna drop Milliken? [Re: lconn4] #14758132 06/23/23 03:03 PM
Q
Quillback Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Q
Originally Posted by lconn4
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Just checking in, is he up against the ropes yet, squealing like a little pig from all the sponsor drops?

[Linked Image]

I think he has everything under control

Good one!

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide