Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: FFR and much MLF news. [Re: Big O Florida] #13366327 12/09/19 04:40 PM
H
HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Originally Posted by BigO Florida
Just say’n - until the income inequity between tournament organizers and the ones who actually put on the show is equalized,....

Just to be clear, who is “putting on the show” is the tournament organization. Anglers at ANY level are merely participants. Why does any angler believe that any organization whether it’s BASS, MLF, ABA, Bass Champs, Alabama Bass Trail, Media Bass, etc. should operate at a zero profit margin?? These are for profit businesses. Chad Potts isn’t rolling out all the Bass Champs assets here in Texas to “break even”. And that can be said even on a larger scale with BASS and MLF/BPT/FLW.

If anglers want more then shop around to see which trails have best payback, get some sponsors or work on their own social platform.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: FFR and much MLF news. [Re: HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein)] #13366333 12/09/19 04:46 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein)
Originally Posted by BigO Florida
Just say’n - until the income inequity between tournament organizers and the ones who actually put on the show is equalized,....

Just to be clear, who is “putting on the show” is the tournament organization. Anglers at ANY level are merely participants. Why does any angler believe that any organization whether it’s BASS, MLF, ABA, Bass Champs, Alabama Bass Trail, Media Bass, etc. should operate at a zero profit margin?? These are for profit businesses. Chad Potts isn’t rolling out all the Bass Champs assets here in Texas to “break even”. And that can be said even on a larger scale with BASS and MLF/BPT/FLW.

If anglers want more then shop around to see which trails have best payback, get some sponsors or work on their own social platform.

Who and what are the tournament organizers selling to the sponsors again? Remind us all.

Re: FFR and much MLF news. [Re: Big O Florida] #13366336 12/09/19 04:47 PM
H
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
It’s called EXPOSURE or you can go as far to call it a PLATFORM. What do the anglers bring to the table???

Re: FFR and much MLF news. [Re: HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein)] #13366343 12/09/19 04:53 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein)
It’s called EXPOSURE or you can go as far to call it a PLATFORM.

Exposure to what? Are they selling the exposure of their brands by saying people will be tuning in to watch a media production that just shows advertisements for products? What is bringing in the eyeballs to give them the exposure the tournament organizers are saying they can deliver?

When you figure that out, you will have figured out who is actually putting on the show.

Re: FFR and much MLF news. [Re: Big O Florida] #13366345 12/09/19 04:58 PM
H
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
You’re the guy that gets up to go to restroom during the game just so you don’t miss commercials? You truly believe that anyone would know KVD from Kalamazoo if it weren’t for BASS?? So which came first, the chicken or the egg?? BASS gave KVD a platform to become a fishing star. Same as it did for others before him and is currently for the guys chasing him. Same can be said for FLW and some of their stars. You think they operate on spare change?? How can they possibly afford to publish a magazine, air programming or host events without sponsorship. In fact, tell me a sport that doesn’t sell sponsorship???? You think fishing will end when KVD hangs it up??? NO because the show goes on....

And furthermore, bash the anglers for wearing jerseys that do nothing but promote brands. They’re a walking talking infomercial. If it’s about the “show” have them fish in a wife beater and cutoffs.

Good times. Gonna crank some up Seminole Wind and hit the road....

Adios

Re: FFR and much MLF news. [Re: beartrap] #13366363 12/09/19 05:18 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by beartrap
High School Football Participation Is On A Decade-Long Decline
https://www.forbes.com › sites › bobcook › 2019/08/29 › high-school-foo...

Aug 29, 2019 - Texas is the No. 1 state for participation (of course), but its participation-per-school rate is dropping quickly. In 2016-17 it was 153.3; in 2017-18, 135.3; and in 2018-19, 125.6. Meaning, its growth is coming from more schools offering football, not more boys showing up to play at every school.

You can also attribute the decline in numbers of football athletes per school to a direct increase in the number of highschools. I remember when I went to Marcus “freshman” high school, and was bused to Lewisville high twice a day for football. Now there are at least 3 4-yr high schools in LISD. So, even though there is population growth, the students are spread thinner. This will directly effect the numbers to show a decline, when in fact it is likely the other way around.

The smaller school districts simply cannot fund a viable football program, so that is gonna be a decline due to lack of opportunities.

Every little town high school has a high school bass team. It’s SOMETHING for them to do. It’s not growth....it’s lack of diversity.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: FFR and much MLF news. [Re: beartrap] #13366415 12/09/19 06:08 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by grout-scout
""The only people who are seemingly are getting paid appropriately in professional fishing are the owners, shareholders, and producers of the media products that are being generated.""

I think you just named the primary reason 80 of the top[ pro fishermen decided to leave BASS...they were tired of paying entry fees and fishing for their own money plus apparently no one at BASS or FLW had the foresight to expand the TV coverage and take advantage of the need for outdoor sports programming especially in view of the exploding growth of high school and college bass fishing.....
I think you can go further and say in a few years that today's high school and college fishermen are going to look back and thank Boyd Duckett and several others for expanding and growing the sport that provided them opportunities to have a lucrative fishing career without having to rely on family money to fish professionally....

Yeah, that’s pretty funny. ESPN threw money at fishing on TV and realized, it was a waste of money. In a few years, they will still be where they were. Do you remember when FLW had the big non-endemic sponsors??? Nothing has changed, fishing is small time. Quit drinking the kool-aid, there was only 1 reason why Duckett & Klein made a new tour and it wasn’t about bettering the “sport”.

apparently you haven't been on a lake recently where 150-400 boats were competing in a high school or college tournament.....it's happening at every lake in my area and I'm told high school/college growth is exploding in many other states as well.....
not sure how big the connection is but many high schools are either dropping football and numbers of kids on football rosters is shrinking to the point where schools are having difficulty fielding teams....

Hang on there little cowboy, you are giving Duckett the credit for growth in HS & College fishing? How many MLF affiliated HS & college programs are there right now? Ummmmmm ZERO!

Do you have a clue, how much it cost to fish the FLW, which is the stepping stone into the BPT? No poor boy is dropping $50k-$60k a year to fish that, even many of the current pros can’t pay it.

Re: FFR and much MLF news. [Re: grout-scout] #13366496 12/09/19 07:23 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
""The only people who are seemingly are getting paid appropriately in professional fishing are the owners, shareholders, and producers of the media products that are being generated.""

I think you just named the primary reason 80 of the top[ pro fishermen decided to leave BASS...they were tired of paying entry fees and fishing for their own money plus apparently no one at BASS or FLW had the foresight to expand the TV coverage and take advantage of the need for outdoor sports programming especially in view of the exploding growth of high school and college bass fishing.....
I think you can go further and say in a few years that today's high school and college fishermen are going to look back and thank Boyd Duckett and several others for expanding and growing the sport that provided them opportunities to have a lucrative fishing career without having to rely on family money to fish professionally....

Yeah, that’s pretty funny. ESPN threw money at fishing on TV and realized, it was a waste of money. In a few years, they will still be where they were. Do you remember when FLW had the big non-endemic sponsors??? Nothing has changed, fishing is small time. Quit drinking the kool-aid, there was only 1 reason why Duckett & Klein made a new tour and it wasn’t about bettering the “sport”.

apparently you haven't been on a lake recently where 150-400 boats were competing in a high school or college tournament.....it's happening at every lake in my area and I'm told high school/college growth is exploding in many other states as well.....
not sure how big the connection is but many high schools are either dropping football and numbers of kids on football rosters is shrinking to the point where schools are having difficulty fielding teams....

Hang on there little cowboy, you are giving Duckett the credit for growth in HS & College fishing? How many MLF affiliated HS & college programs are there right now? Ummmmmm ZERO!

Do you have a clue, how much it cost to fish the FLW, which is the stepping stone into the BPT? No poor boy is dropping $50k-$60k a year to fish that, even many of the current pros can’t pay it.

obvious your reading comprehension is about equal to your ability to see the big picture.....never said nor implied boyd duckett had anything to do with the growth of high school or college fishing...I said plainly he had the ability to recognize the growth of high school and college fishing and realized this would create fans of the sport, a need for TV programming and an opportunity for professional bass fishermen to own their own tournament organization and the profits it generated....

Re: FFR and much MLF news. [Re: beartrap] #13367039 12/10/19 02:52 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
[quote=beartrap]""The only people who are seemingly are getting paid appropriately in professional fishing are the owners, shareholders, and producers of the media products that are being generated.""

obvious your reading comprehension is about equal to your ability to see the big picture.....never said nor implied boyd duckett had anything to do with the growth of high school or college fishing...I said plainly he had the ability to recognize the growth of high school and college fishing and realized this would create fans of the sport, a need for TV programming and an opportunity for professional bass fishermen to own their own tournament organization and the profits it generated....

Well aren’t you just bouncing all over the place trying to come up with something that makes sense. First you try the “anglers aren’t making any money”. Yet you can’t explain how they will pay the $50k-$60k a year to fish the FLW, the stepping stone into the BPT.

Then you tried the “MLF is going to grow the sport“, but at the same time, you’re blabbering about all the high school & college growth that you are ALREADY seeing. MLF is not the cause of this growth, yet you want to say their show is the reason because it’s getting more exposure out there..”He had the ability to recognize the growth”. roflmao

Then you want to go with “professional fisherman who own the organization”....Nope there’s a few PART owners, 12 if I remember correctly, that would leave 68 without any ownership what so ever. If you really think fishing is going to get big time, then you’re loco. I can see that it’s an awesome adventure, seeing how some wanted out of it and not many of the FLW guys are going to fish FLW again next year.

Re: FFR and much MLF news. [Re: beartrap] #13368007 12/10/19 09:18 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

Did you see where BPS is no longer sponsoring HS fishing through FLW?

Re: FFR and much MLF news. [Re: Mark Perry] #13368017 12/10/19 09:34 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

didn't see that....they are still listed as high school sponsor on FLW website...

Re: FFR and much MLF news. [Re: beartrap] #13368025 12/10/19 09:38 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

didn't see that....they are still listed as high school sponsor on FLW website...

It was covered on latest podcast from Luke Dunkin on his Low Budget Live show.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide