Forums59
Topics1,039,959
Posts13,973,238
Members144,225
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #11739921 07/24/16 11:05 PM
B
Bigskippy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
How is it gonna do that when the whole shaft spins around and around like a terrova?

Glen Roberts

"Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #11739941 07/24/16 11:14 PM
shut-up-and-fish Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru

As stated: I am not sure how but have been advised it will.. It has something to do with the top collar. Possibly a new mounting system for the 360 to the Ultrex.

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #11739956 07/24/16 11:28 PM
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru

"Johnson Outdoors is not going to release a top of the line new trolling motor that completely alienates another one of their premier products, it's just not smart business.I would expect an Ultrex compatible 360 mount to be out before spring if not already available by the time it starts hitting shelves later this fall.

With the engineers they have on their payroll designing a mount shouldn't be hard at all."

Here is Ott Defoe talking about how the Ultrex will accept the 360.

[video:youtube]https://www.facebook.com/ottdefoe/videos/1031050006932970/[/video]

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #11740355 07/25/16 03:10 AM
B
Bigskippy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Well if that's the case, that's awesome! Sign me up! I want one!

Glen Roberts

"Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #11740466 07/25/16 04:13 AM
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #11740515 07/25/16 10:32 AM
TexExp Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

Sweet setup! Really can't wait. So looking forward to this technology. banana Definitely a game changer.
I just told my wife I'll probably have to get a new boat to put this on.I hope that works!! lol cheers

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #11740516 07/25/16 10:37 AM
TexExp Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by shut-up-and-fish

"Johnson Outdoors is not going to release a top of the line new trolling motor that completely alienates another one of their premier products, it's just not smart business.I would expect an Ultrex compatible 360 mount to be out before spring if not already available by the time it starts hitting shelves later this fall.

With the engineers they have on their payroll designing a mount shouldn't be hard at all."

Here is Ott Defoe talking about how the Ultrex will accept the 360.

[video:youtube]https://www.facebook.com/ottdefoe/videos/1031050006932970/[/video]

Dang!
With Ultrex - AND - 360, crappie won't stand a chance! thumb clap flag
too cool!

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota [Re: koobycrappie] #11740809 07/25/16 02:33 PM
J
Jon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: koobycrappie
Thanks guys.... really excited at what this new trolling motor can do if your a guide.
So many times that I have to get off of trolling motor to do something with clients and next thing you know you have been blown off your spot by at least 50 ft.
It will save me time and will be able to catch more fish since I will always be close to my b/p with spot lock.
Then I can take over with the cable steer if I want to get exactly lined up.

I have been telling folks for years that if they would ever come up with this type of hybrid motor that would incorporate cable steer with electronic steering that I would jump on it!

Hope it is as good as they say as I have held back buying the MG, just to see what MK would come up with.

Time will tell! cheer

Man this thing sounds sweet especially for the exact reasons you listed.

I do hope it works as described and there aren't some unthought of issues that negate half the benefits for a bunch of people.

My wish is that everyone who buys one is so completely happy with their's they wonder how in the world the ever got by without it. cheers

Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #11782239 08/17/16 05:22 PM
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru

For those that have asked about an UPGRADE SYSTEM to the current spot lock, I have yet to see information released on it at this time. We are monitoring this specific upgrade and will post as we hear something.

MINN KOTA ULTREX DESCRIPTION DETAILS:

NO COMPROMISE
Minn Kota's Ultrex gives you the control of a Fortrex, plus all the capabilities of i-Pilot or i-Pilot Link. Get ultra-responsive, comfortable Power Steering with GPS-powered tools like Spot-Lock, and change the way you fish forever.

Power Steering

The same heel/toe steering you're used to, made easier. Power Steering reduces steering effort and foot fatigue, making Ultrex the smoothest, most responsive motor you've ever driven.

Steering Lock
When you take your foot off Ultrex's foot pedal, the motor head remains pointed in the direction you left it last, withoutrecoil or readjustment.

Reinvented Spot-Lock
Enhanced to be the most accurate electronic GPS anchor ever, Spot-Lock holds you on a spot with unparalleled precision.

Ultrex Foot Pedal w/Spot-Lock Button
Features heel-toe Power Steering and new AutoPilot and Spot-Lock buttons for hands-free navigation and anchoring. Includes 5' cord.

i-Pilot or i-Pilot Link w/New Phone App
Boat positioning becomes automatic with the redesigned, GPS-powered i-Pilot or i-Pilot Link system. i-Pilot lets you set Spot-Locks, record paths, control speed and steering, and more. Link does all that plus the ability to control your motor from your Humminbird, follow depth contours, and automatically navigate to your favorite spots. Both systems feature reinvented Spot-Lock - the most accurate electronic GPS anchor ever - and have redesigned remotes with largerscreens, more options, and Bluetooth technology, so you can connect to your smartphone for quick control of basic functions and easy software updates.

Lift-Assist
Cuts the weight of stow and deploy in half, making it as easy as lifting your SUV tailgate.

Mono-Arm Design
The solid, one-piece construction of Ultrex's Mono-Arm bracket gives it strength that's unmatched by any other, for less wear, longer life and quieter operation.

Additional Features:
Premium, Adjustable Cable & Handle
Universal Sonar 2
Integrated Battery Meter
Advanced AutoPilot
Digital Maximizer
Indestructible Composite Shaft
Cool, Quiet Power
Weedless Wedge 2 Prop
2-Year Warranty

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #11808177 09/01/16 08:09 PM
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru

Originally Posted By: Bigskippy
I wish it would work with Hummingbird 360. I really want 360 on my rig. I may still get one if I can zip tie the DI cable to the shaft, but I won't if it's just going to be hanging there all willy-nilly.

And it will also depend on whether it will hold on a brush pile like they say it will. If it does, that will be huge for boat control while crappie fishing, not too mention all the extra stuff I'll be able to do while hybrid fishing. Hybrid fishing with spot lock and autopilot is way better than manual steering all day with a conventional trolling motor. But cable steering is a must for control or skinny water situations, so this looks like it could be a good motor for me.

But man, I wish there was a way to put 360 up there. From everyone I've talked too, that 360 is a real game changer as well. You would think that since Minn Kota and Humminbird are both manufactured by Johnson Outdoors, they would have thought of this and would come out with some type of bracket system for the 360 transducer to be mounted on their brand new mack-daddy trolling motor. But once again, so far, it seems that the crappie fishermen must take a back seat to the bass fishermen when it comes to design and features. All they would have really had to do is have a fixed shaft at the top so that the 360 could be mounted (fixed), but I guess bass guys don't care about 360. You would also think that they would add a DI transducer option for humminbird owners. That would help them sell both minn Kota and humminbird and make people more brand loyal. But that's just what I think.

Either way, I'm excited to see this thing in action.

AS 360 TM Ultrex 360 Imaging Trolling Motor System
Available March 2017

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
Re: Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #11809521 09/02/16 06:16 PM
TexExp Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

hmmmmmm cool

Re: UPDATE - Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota ULTREX [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #11809647 09/02/16 07:27 PM
K
karpbuster Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Very nice, pretty soon these trolling motors will filet your catch and make you coffee.

"Love is something more stern and splendid than mere kindness."

"All that we call human history--money, poverty, ambition, war, prostitution, classes, empires, slavery--[is] the long terrible story of man trying to find something other than God which will make him happy." � C.S. Lewis

C.S. Lewis
Re: UPDATE - Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota ULTREX [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #11811218 09/04/16 12:11 AM
44 Diesel Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I called Minn Kota and asked if the new I pilot system would be an accessory to where you can add or switch out with the older trolling motor and was told that it would not. You will have to buy a new trolling motor with system already installed

Last edited by 44 Diesel; 09/04/16 03:13 AM.
Re: UPDATE - Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota ULTREX [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #11813059 09/05/16 02:44 PM
OkieBob Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
So, MK announces a new product in July '16 and it isn't scheduled to ship till March '17?
And the price tag is from $2k to $2.7k? And I can buy the MG competition for $1.5k?
And still no DI xducer capability?
Doesn't sound like much competition to MG to me! Guess I'll be putting my Fortrex up for sale
and getting a new Xi5 from David!

I'M SOONER BORN, SOONER BRED AND WHEN I DIE I'LL BE SOONER DEAD!
Chickasaw proud.
[Linked Image]CallMatthew@972-754-1698 http://jigumjigs.com

MEMBER WALLY MARSHALL'S MR CRAPPIE PROSTAFF
MEMBER JIGUM JIGS PROSTAFF
Re: UPDATE - Breaking News: New Game-Changing Trolling Motor from Minn Kota ULTREX [Re: OkieBob] #11813136 09/05/16 03:43 PM
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru

Originally Posted By: OkieBob
So, MK announces a new product in July '16 and it isn't scheduled to ship till March '17?
And the price tag is from $2k to $2.7k? And I can buy the MG competition for $1.5k?
And still no DI xducer capability?
Doesn't sound like much competition to MG to me! Guess I'll be putting my Fortrex up for sale
and getting a new Xi5 from David!

Bobby, you are confusing my post on the 360 system for the Ultrex to be available in March 17. The Ultrex motor was anounced at ICAST 2016 and is due to start arriving in late Fall early Winter and yes possibly March as their is a very high demand for this motor.

The Xi5 is x amount of $ yes, however you will still need to purchase the Gateway Kit and NMEA Kit if you choose to link to your compatible graph. Yes you can mix and match brands if you so choose not to link, on either model.

Here is the details in my style of fishing that puts the Ultrex on my boat vs MotorGuide.

To each his own. I will sell you what ever motor you like for your needs weather it be Minn Kota or MotorGuide.

(Deployment/ Stow)
Same as my Fortrex. Grab the cable and simply pull.

(Power Fishing Timber)
If you have come to love the fortrex you will love the Ultrex as you still have the power of the foot control yet will now have the holding power (spot lock) you find on the MotorGuide Xi5. The Xi5 has a wireless foot pedal that does not even come close to the cable steer pedal on the Fortrex/ Ultrex. If you are like me, I love to power fish timber. The Cable steer on my Fortrex allows me to do this very well and so will the Ultrex. I can quickly work a full 360 around a tree and head to the next one. I am not a fan of operating the motor via remote as I use one hand holding the rod and the other hand pulling line to raise the bait.

(Bridge Fishing)
I again like the power of the Fortrex/ Ultrex foot pedal over the wireless pedal on the MotorGuide Xi5. I can hold my position fishing bridges with the cable steer foot pedal and utilize both hands on my fishing rod as described in timber fishing above.

(Brush Pile)
I can hold my boat on a brush pile with my Fortrex foot pedal just as well as the MotorGuide Xi5 spot lock feature. I am looking forward in having the ability to still have all of these features on my Ultrex as on my Fortrex with a BONUS in having spot lock so when I do need to run to the back of the boat I can simply hit anchor.
The Ultrex will have the spot lock feature, Jog, favorites and will hold just as well if not tighter than the MotorGuide Xi5.

Yes it is a bit more in cost but it also allows for me to do more with my style of fishing.

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide