Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Jumping Gas Prices [Re: TorySweatman] #10562433 01/23/15 04:36 AM
R
roblo101 Offline
Angler
Angler
R
OPEC will meet again in June-July
They predict it to be bad till the 4th qrt.
So enjoy the cheap gas prices while they last.
It will get worse before it gets better, I'm afraid.
That's just my .02 cents, and I machine parts for the major drilling companies

Skeeter/Yamaha and Love to feel something on the other end!! Lol
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Jumping Gas Prices [Re: SteezMacQueen] #10566467 01/25/15 01:05 AM
R
redskeeter190 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
I don't truly understand oil prices and gas prices. I smile when gas is cheaper and cringe when it goes up. That said, I bought the Jeep I have when gas was $3.59 a gallon "because it gets 17+mpg and is 4wd". I also bought my wife a Lexus Hybrid,"because gas was so expensive". Now it's not uncommon to use $25-$30 a week in gas for my jeep to get to work and back and go fishing everyday. Her car went from $21 a week in fuel to $10 a week in fuel. She drives A LOT. I was preparing for much higher fuel prices and this recent savings has been nice. I don't think it's gonna last. Haha. But the thing that most people do not do nowadays is PLAN! I plan for the bad times and that allows me to enjoy life. I do not go crazy when times are great. I stockpile money. Lol. I resist the temptation to buy a HellCat...and a BassCat. I make due with a crappy old Nitro Z6.
If you get that Hellcat......better call me for a ride......

My mom, on the other hand, has her land in SDakota leased to a oil research company and she went from getting MAD MONEY to AMAZING MONEY. lol. But, she's doesn't spend it crazily. She invests it and says it will not last for ever (the oil) and when the Bakken dries up, it's game over. So she just takes the money and invests. The land, BTW, is worth 20x more money per acre today than it was 10yrs ago. And not due to oil. Because LAND is a true finite resource. Fuel isn't. There is alternatives. I think it's funny how people talk about "Texas oil". It doesn't come close to the amount of oil in the Dakotas and southern canada.

Oh well. I'm in the camp of "it is what it is".

Re: Jumping Gas Prices [Re: txwhitetail] #10566960 01/25/15 04:48 AM
G
Grant2 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
G
Originally Posted By: txwhitetail
Originally Posted By: redwigglr
They need to leave it alone. People in oil made way way to much off us for a couple years. But with people spending less at the pump, They are helping the economy by spending the extra $$$ other places instead of making the gas ceo's laying back & loving it.

You have any idea what kind of markup you are paying on everyday items versus what you pay for oil related items???

You might be surprised who is "making too much" off of you.

When a guy overseas dies and the price of oil goes up something is wrong period! Oil company's are greedy bastards period. My mom worked for BP for 30yr she will say the same thing greed drives those company's.

Re: Jumping Gas Prices [Re: TorySweatman] #10567159 01/25/15 01:30 PM
reeltexan Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
The recent increase probably has more to do with cold fronts that have been crossing the nation for the last two weeks. More heating oil needed up north.
Crude oil has been around $48 a barrel and forecasts for futures put it as low as $25.

So relax. Even it stays where it's at right now, you're saving a bundle.

"..The pleasantist angling is to see the fish
Cut with her golden oars the silver stream,
And greedily devour the treacherous bait.
Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: Jumping Gas Prices [Re: redskeeter190] #10567274 01/25/15 02:21 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: redskeeter190
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
I don't truly understand oil prices and gas prices. I smile when gas is cheaper and cringe when it goes up. That said, I bought the Jeep I have when gas was $3.59 a gallon "because it gets 17+mpg and is 4wd". I also bought my wife a Lexus Hybrid,"because gas was so expensive". Now it's not uncommon to use $25-$30 a week in gas for my jeep to get to work and back and go fishing everyday. Her car went from $21 a week in fuel to $10 a week in fuel. She drives A LOT. I was preparing for much higher fuel prices and this recent savings has been nice. I don't think it's gonna last. Haha. But the thing that most people do not do nowadays is PLAN! I plan for the bad times and that allows me to enjoy life. I do not go crazy when times are great. I stockpile money. Lol. I resist the temptation to buy a HellCat...and a BassCat. I make due with a crappy old Nitro Z6.
If you get that Hellcat......better call me for a ride......

My mom, on the other hand, has her land in SDakota leased to a oil research company and she went from getting MAD MONEY to AMAZING MONEY. lol. But, she's doesn't spend it crazily. She invests it and says it will not last for ever (the oil) and when the Bakken dries up, it's game over. So she just takes the money and invests. The land, BTW, is worth 20x more money per acre today than it was 10yrs ago. And not due to oil. Because LAND is a true finite resource. Fuel isn't. There is alternatives. I think it's funny how people talk about "Texas oil". It doesn't come close to the amount of oil in the Dakotas and southern canada.

I thought Texas has a lot more oil than any other state, well at least it looks like we have plenty to not have to rely on other countries. I don't think a lot of Canadian oil compares to Texas oil as far a s quality.

Oh well. I'm in the camp of "it is what it is".

[Linked Image]
Re: Jumping Gas Prices [Re: TorySweatman] #10567280 01/25/15 02:26 PM
W
wconn33 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
Well I am one of the guys that got laid off due to low oil prices so its not that great for me. Hope it goes back up soon.

Re: Jumping Gas Prices [Re: TorySweatman] #10567321 01/25/15 02:40 PM
J
Justcattin82 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
No kidding, you guys that are praising low prices, what about us oilfield guys? Sucks for us

Will Fish For Food!!!
-2009 Basscat Pantera II
Re: Jumping Gas Prices [Re: Grant2] #10567392 01/25/15 03:06 PM
txwhitetail Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Grant2
Originally Posted By: txwhitetail
Originally Posted By: redwigglr
They need to leave it alone. People in oil made way way to much off us for a couple years. But with people spending less at the pump, They are helping the economy by spending the extra $$$ other places instead of making the gas ceo's laying back & loving it.

You have any idea what kind of markup you are paying on everyday items versus what you pay for oil related items???

You might be surprised who is "making too much" off of you.

When a guy overseas dies and the price of oil goes up something is wrong period! Oil company's are greedy bastards period. My mom worked for BP for 30yr she will say the same thing greed drives those company's.

She would probably say that about any business.

Re: Jumping Gas Prices [Re: TorySweatman] #10567432 01/25/15 03:20 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
supply and demand, just like any other commodity.

Re: Jumping Gas Prices [Re: Justcattin82] #10567460 01/25/15 03:34 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Justcattin82
No kidding, you guys that are praising low prices, what about us oilfield guys? Sucks for us

It does. How do you feel when stuff you buys goes up and down?

I have a couple in laws who are in the oil fields. They spent the majority of their time overseas in Libya, Saudi and Chad. One just got layed off, working in N Mexico and says if nothing comes up soon he may go back to the middle east again.

Re: Jumping Gas Prices [Re: Justcattin82] #10567493 01/25/15 03:48 PM
G
Grant2 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
G
Originally Posted By: Justcattin82

Yes sir it does but when the price of oil is over priced everything goes up food,travel,delivery cost, and so on so yes I like putting more in my pocket instead of oil company [censored] rapping me. Oil company's need to do a better job of saving money as well. I saw a company spend $1100 a pallet for grass here in Houston spent over 175K to replant grass on 2 acres crazy. I also seen where they pay 5 guys to stand around waiting on contractors that never show up and these guys are 3k a week guys standing around doing nothing for weeks at a time. I know the roughneck guys work their butts off I have a cuz that works on a rig but he knows to put that money back b/c it's here today gone tomorrow. I hope you guys get your jobs back soon good luck.

Re: Jumping Gas Prices [Re: TorySweatman] #10567673 01/25/15 05:04 PM
J
Jeff_S2 Offline
Angler
Angler
J
The argument that higher oil prices is good for our economy is absolutely ludicrous.

Oil guys saying there's a negative trickle effect, because they are losing jobs. If your somewhat educated, you probably understood the risks, and also have the skills necessary to find another job.

While the O&G sector, and the ancillary businesses directly related to it might struggle a bit, the overall positive effect of lower gas prices benefits far more people than it hurts.

Last edited by Jeff_S2; 01/25/15 05:05 PM.
Re: Jumping Gas Prices [Re: TorySweatman] #10569314 01/26/15 10:47 AM
**TheLoneRanger** Offline
Angler
Angler
I'm in the oil and gas industry and yes this slow down scares the life outta me... Might be selling my boat.. frown But in one way or the other this price of oil affects us all in negative ways one way or the other... maybe not sooner.. but later. It hurts business everywhere... Cheap gas is great. But I Cant afford 1.00$ a gallon if I get laid off.. Damn sure wont be fishing!! frown

Re: Jumping Gas Prices [Re: TorySweatman] #10569317 01/26/15 11:02 AM
**TheLoneRanger** Offline
Angler
Angler
Here is something I found out recently... Store owners set whatever price per gallon they want to. I do understand price per barrel has everything to do with it but store owners can price however they want to. A buddy and I stopped to put gas in his boat at a store in Athens Tx. There were no prices on the signs outside and the pump screen that reads the price was so sun faded you couldn't read it. He pumps his gas pays 10 bucks and only got 3 gallons or so give or take. That store was charging 1.00$ more per gallon then any where else!!! I called Valero and the guy told me they can charge what they want. Store owners set the price. Just makes you wonder....How much cheaper gas could be.

Re: Jumping Gas Prices [Re: **TheLoneRanger**] #10569434 01/26/15 01:30 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
All I know is it is saving me money touring the circuit this spring. Haha

Originally Posted By: **TheLoneRanger**
I'm in the oil and gas industry and yes this slow down scares the life outta me... Might be selling my boat.. frown But in one way or the other this price of oil affects us all in negative ways one way or the other... maybe not sooner.. but later. It hurts business everywhere... Cheap gas is great. But I Cant afford 1.00$ a gallon if I get laid off.. Damn sure wont be fishing!! frown

How much you want for your boat? When gas prices are down and tax season rolls around, I make mad money at my daily 9-5. I feed off of drug dealers, thugs, football players, and others wanting to live beyond their means. Hah. You might look to a career change, I'm backed up over a year and still taking deposits on new customers. It seems the farther backed up I am, the more I am in demand. Lol. I'm finishing up a car for a customer today that his initial invoice was generated in 2010! Five years. Lol. Yeh. Saturday I had to dust off parts of it and dig out my notes and picture logs to remember where I left off on it over a year ago. Oil prices? My mom likes em high as they can get, I like them reasonable, my customers are too stupid to understand them and only see cheaper gas for their twin turbo Bentleys and 8mpg Lamborghini's.

One of my customers owns Kingdom Research Oil Exploration. Haven't seen him in a new Ferarri or Nissan GTR in a while. Maybe he's slowing down. Lol.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide