Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: TPWD is out of control [Re: Terry Tanner] #15180362 09/03/24 01:22 AM
Notaguide Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I watched the warden come down to their boat over the weekend. Watched this person for about an hour on the boat. They ended up leaving without ever taking it out

Re: TPWD is out of control [Re: Terry Tanner] #15180711 09/03/24 02:27 PM
BMCD Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

You was partly right. It is the US Forestry service but TPWD manages the hunting and makes the rules. These are National forest here in Arkansas also and they are managed and rules by Arkansas fish and game. My dad wanted to hunt when i lived in Texas but couldn't hardly walk. I called TPWD and ask if i could carry him on a golf cart and they said No. Here in Arkansas you can ride anything in the National forest. Across from my house is a WMA 16,000 acres open to anyone for $40 a year and all the WMA'S are open to anyone. Most Texas WMA'S are draw hunt.

This was copied and pasted from TPWD-Drawn Hunts for antlerless deer on the National Forests in Texas are conducted by Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. For information on antlerless deer permits, contact TPWD at hunt@tpwd.texas.gov or 512-389-4505 or visit the TPWD Drawn Hunts page.

TPWD does not control what vehicles are allowed in the Designated National forest lands..

In Arkansas, it has to be designated as an OHV trail. So you are also slightly right, but mostly wrong. But Ark has many more OHV trails. Oh there is a fee for that in Ark. Texas has only 1 OHV trail. I'm ok with that, like to keep our national forest land real.

In Arkansas each WMA requires a permit. its not $40 a year to hunt all WMAs. I believe Texas has the same thing on sure on the costs though.

copied from AGFC:
Arkansas Game and Fish Commission Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs) offer some of the best public hunting opportunity in the United States. To prevent overcrowding on popular WMAs, the AGFC limits some hunting opportunities through a permit draw system. Lowering hunter numbers not only regulates harvest, it offers a better hunting experience for the hunters who draw the tags.

Seems your being very selective. Glad you like Arkansas, Its a beautiful state. May want to re acquaint your self with the laws in Ark, seems like you may have some misunderstandings, which might cause u to get fined..

Last edited by BMCD; 09/03/24 02:53 PM.
Re: TPWD is out of control [Re: BMCD] #15181558 09/04/24 12:28 PM
H2O Seeker Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by BMCD

You was partly right. It is the US Forestry service but TPWD manages the hunting and makes the rules. These are National forest here in Arkansas also and they are managed and rules by Arkansas fish and game. My dad wanted to hunt when i lived in Texas but couldn't hardly walk. I called TPWD and ask if i could carry him on a golf cart and they said No. Here in Arkansas you can ride anything in the National forest. Across from my house is a WMA 16,000 acres open to anyone for $40 a year and all the WMA'S are open to anyone. Most Texas WMA'S are draw hunt.

This was copied and pasted from TPWD-Drawn Hunts for antlerless deer on the National Forests in Texas are conducted by Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. For information on antlerless deer permits, contact TPWD at hunt@tpwd.texas.gov or 512-389-4505 or visit the TPWD Drawn Hunts page.

TPWD does not control what vehicles are allowed in the Designated National forest lands..

In Arkansas, it has to be designated as an OHV trail. So you are also slightly right, but mostly wrong. But Ark has many more OHV trails. Oh there is a fee for that in Ark. Texas has only 1 OHV trail. I'm ok with that, like to keep our national forest land real.

In Arkansas each WMA requires a permit. its not $40 a year to hunt all WMAs. I believe Texas has the same thing on sure on the costs though.

copied from AGFC:
Arkansas Game and Fish Commission Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs) offer some of the best public hunting opportunity in the United States. To prevent overcrowding on popular WMAs, the AGFC limits some hunting opportunities through a permit draw system. Lowering hunter numbers not only regulates harvest, it offers a better hunting experience for the hunters who draw the tags.

Seems your being very selective. Glad you like Arkansas, Its a beautiful state. May want to re acquaint your self with the laws in Ark, seems like you may have some misunderstandings, which might cause u to get fined..

More detail...

TPWD WMA's

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide