Texas Fishing Forum

Crappie Jigs and Tackle

Posted By: Minner Bucket

Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 08/30/20 01:38 AM

Let’s hear of all the great companies to order Crappie Tackle from. Hand ties, jig heads and plastics! I need more gear. If they have websites even better!
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 08/30/20 02:01 AM

constantpursuitoutfitters.com fish
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 08/30/20 04:09 AM

Crazy Angler Slab Bandits.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 08/30/20 04:32 AM

Years ago I had the privilege to buy jigs from one of the BEST! A longtime TFF Member who was loved and respected by a lot of crappie anglers and other anglers as well. His name was Matthew Carroll "Jigum". He made and sold jigs to a lot of anglers. I had never met Mr. Carroll but I had talked with him a lot over the phone. I also ordered some of the best jigs money could buy from Jigum. I have caught many,many, of crappie over the years using his jigs. He had a saying. "Jigum Jigs Catch Fish"! That saying is very true. Matthew Carroll is fishing the great crappie lakes in heaven and I am sure he is using his jigs. cheers

Side Note: I still use his jigs today and I also have a pack that I will never open or use. It stays in my tackle box for luck. thumb
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 08/30/20 05:25 AM

Plastics:

Crazy Angler Slab Bandits
Constant Pursuit Outfitters
Bonehead
Thermocline Lures by Todd and Belinda Box
Mr. Crappie

Hand Ties:

Handtiedcrappiejigs.com (PEPOP/VERNON Overstreet)
Fearless Jigs only on Facebook. Zach Church out of Newton Kansas
Dansjigs.com
Limitstackle

No website but Bubbas Baits by Bill Baldwin.
Can buy at any of the stores around Lake Fork.

I know I'm missing some, but those come to mind.

Good Luck!!
Posted By: JSouther

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 08/30/20 01:05 PM

Ordered some jigs from slab syndicate last year and I haven’t used any of my plastics since. Need to restock almost out

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 08/30/20 03:43 PM

I ordered some hand ties from a guy out of Lubbock last year that was on here, but cant remember who and don't have the contact info. Thanks for all the suggestions so far.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 08/30/20 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
I ordered some hand ties from a guy out of Lubbock last year that was on here, but cant remember who and don't have the contact info. Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

That`s Chris out of Lubbock Tx!! You are correct sir! He`s a GOOD Guy! Look for SlabbedSilly Jigs.
PM sent thumb

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 08/30/20 04:46 PM

^^^^ Thanks, thats the ones.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 08/30/20 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Fishbonz

That`s Chris out of Lubbock Tx!! You are correct sir! He`s a GOOD Guy! Look for SlabbedSilly Jigs.
PM sent thumb

Slab Syndicate Jigs now. Chris tyes them just like Matthew.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 08/30/20 07:52 PM

Let’s hear of all the great companies to order Crappie Tackle from. Hand ties, jig heads and plastics! I need more gear. If they have websites even better!

https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/13659930/static-jigs#Post13659930
Pm us your address and we'll send you some to try fish

Side note: they work on choke also https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...9456/fished-choke-8-22-8-23#Post13679456
No website yet but we're workin on it

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 08/30/20 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Gamblinman

PM sent thumb

Slab Syndicate Jigs now. Chris tyes them just like Matthew.

Thanks for that Gambler thumb
Posted By: SlabbedSilly

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 08/30/20 10:24 PM

Appreciate the love guys!!! I've been so busy that I just don't get around to posting much anymore. I'll be at the CAT state championship in October if anyone wants to say hello! I got Mr. Reese taken care of....thanks Horace.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Thumpmeister1

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 08/30/20 10:35 PM

I too am a firm believer in Matthew Carroll's JIgum Jigs. I have several packs unopened that I ordered about 20 years ago. No idea what I'll use when i run out.

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 08/30/20 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by SlabbedSilly
Appreciate the love guys!!! I've been so busy that I just don't get around to posting much anymore. I'll be at the CAT state championship in October if anyone wants to say hello! I got Mr. Reese taken care of....thanks Horace.

[Linked Image]

I look forward to them sir, thank you!

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 08/30/20 11:14 PM

I found this guy at the crappie expo and he makes small trailers for crappie jigs. I paired the trailers with the slab syndicate jigs and game on. Check out crappiepsychic.com.

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 08/31/20 01:51 PM

Before I started tying my own There were only a few guy`s out there who`s jigs i`ve used, & they know who they are,Matt Carroll( may he rest in peace) , SK( that "OLD GREY JIG") what can I say?),PEPOP & Chris in Lubbock that tye nothing but QUALITY jigs BUT... don`t forget about Ms Jamie Reed`s "STUMP Thumper Jigs" on Facebook.

HE aka Fishbonz
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 08/31/20 01:52 PM

PM sent thumb

You can't fish!!!!!!
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 08/31/20 08:53 PM

Slabbedsilly, Chris, ties the same jigs as Matthew Carroll plus many other colors. And the quality is top shelf. They catch and they last for a long time. thumb

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 08/31/20 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ken Gaby
Slabbedsilly, Chris, ties the same jigs as Matthew Carroll plus many other colors. And the quality is top shelf. They catch and they last for a long time. thumb

Appreciate it Ken!!! I'm just trying to live up to the legend 🙌. He sure meant alot to a big group of people, and he taught me quite a few life lessons.
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 08/31/20 11:34 PM

I knew I was forgetting someone...Slab Syndicate. woot
Posted By: Magged Out

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 09/01/20 12:44 AM

G Daddy Baits
Posted By: Magged Out

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 09/01/20 12:45 AM

Bobs Jigs
Posted By: 3N

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 09/01/20 06:44 PM

I pour crappie Jigheads, and paint them.. multiple styles available.. if I don't have it I can get it!!

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 09/01/20 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by HOGON
I knew I was forgetting someone...Slab Syndicate. woot

Probably because I'm closed all the time grin
They are keeping me so busy...PLUS, I have a couple of things in the works for the CAT tournament.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 09/01/20 11:24 PM

Slabbed silly I just ordered some more but what is your go to. This time I got some different ones but so far I think grease bath has done me well. Do you have a box for sale like the one pictured above with several different varieties?

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 09/02/20 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by JSouther
Slabbed silly I just ordered some more but what is your go to. This time I got some different ones but so far I think grease bath has done me well. Do you have a box for sale like the one pictured above with several different varieties?

I don't have a box that is made right now. That box was ordered that way, but I'm working on finding some smaller boxes to offer kits. You picked some good colors, but grease bath is by far my favorite jig. I'll work in a couple of extras for you to try out with this order.

Chris

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 09/02/20 12:40 AM

You are the man and I sure appreciate it. Can’t wait to try the new colors. 😁

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 09/02/20 01:16 AM

I don't have a box that is made right now. That box was ordered that way, but I'm working on finding some smaller boxes to offer kits. You picked some good colors, but grease bath is by far my favorite jig. I'll work in a couple of extras for you to try out with this order.

Chris

Don’t be shy on mine either, 😛

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 09/02/20 04:00 AM

Chris

Don’t be shy on mine either, 😛

I won't!! There is a little bit of a wait, but I'm doing some prototype stuff in each order for the next few months 😃😃
Posted By: TryHard

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 09/02/20 04:58 PM

Bonehead Tackle has been my go-to supplier this year. I'm always looking to show some love to the custom stuff though- might have to look a few of these other recommendations up.

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 09/02/20 07:53 PM

WOW!! Yall should CHECK out STUMP THUMPER JIGS on Facebook. They have a NEW selection of Color Combinations with very unique Jig heads. Just go to photos!FYI: she will custom design also if you request thumb

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 09/08/20 05:13 AM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Headed your way tomorrow Mr. Reese and Mr. Souther!! I can't show you the surprise jigs, so you'll just have to lose some sleep over them 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 09/11/20 11:45 PM

Got my order today SlabbedSilly, thanks, they look great!

Re: Crappie Jigs and Tackle - 09/12/20 01:02 AM

Got my order today SlabbedSilly, thanks, they look great!

You are very welcome! I got them done a little earlier than expected. I appreciate the support.

Chris
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum