Texas Fishing Forum

going to Fork for first time on Monday

Posted By: JamesBanksJR

going to Fork for first time on Monday - 02/15/15 04:17 PM

Hitting the lake on Monday. Weather is not going to help much. Any pointers for a Fork first timer?

Thanks!
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: going to Fork for first time on Monday - 02/15/15 04:25 PM

while I might say the fishing has been tough lately. But then you can almost always say that about some part of Fork.

Some folks will be killing them on a particular arm and at the other side they ain't biting. It is amazing.

So whatever you read on here just go with what you are confidant with.

But you best bet to catch some quality fish is to spend the money a HIRE A GUIDE.
Posted By: KB1953

Re: going to Fork for first time on Monday - 02/15/15 05:58 PM

Cold, windy, and wet, good luck.
Posted By: Billy_Lawson

Re: going to Fork for first time on Monday - 02/15/15 07:09 PM

don't let the weather discourage you, fork has been known to kick out some of it's biggest monsters on icey cold foul weather days, just dont expect many bites. i would keep a jig in my hands all day in creek channel bends. black blue would be color of choice. if you can keep the jig falling into creek bends all day i bet you get a bite or two you wont soon forget. and it doesn't have to be all that deep. i wouldn't go any deeper than 20 ft at the bottom of channel and no shallower than 6-8 ft at bottom.
Posted By: Fork-LegendV21

Re: going to Fork for first time on Monday - 02/15/15 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: smd to all fish
don't let the weather discourage you, fork has been known to kick out some of it's biggest monsters on icey cold foul weather days, just dont expect many bites. i would keep a jig in my hands all day in creek channel bends. black blue would be color of choice. if you can keep the jig falling into creek bends all day i bet you get a bite or two you wont soon forget. and it doesn't have to be all that deep. i wouldn't go any deeper than 20 ft at the bottom of channel and no shallower than 6-8 ft at bottom.

Yep
Posted By: MARK PACK

Re: going to Fork for first time on Monday - 02/15/15 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: JamesBanksJR
Hitting the lake on Monday. Weather is not going to help much. Any pointers for a Fork first timer?

Thanks!

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/10597638/1
Posted By: SAKS

Re: going to Fork for first time on Monday - 02/15/15 10:29 PM

Yep Yep. Also stay safe and keep in the boat lanes. You get out of the lanes on plane and Fork can ruin your day real quick.
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: going to Fork for first time on Monday - 02/16/15 01:43 AM

I'm no expert but while that front is blowing through, the air pressure is going to soar. Pre staged fish might not make a run to deeper water but I would guess it would have them hugging the bottom around cover (the bigger, the better).

Whatever you like to fish slow with confidence around cover on creek channel edges, near spawning flats. Doubt they'll be in the mood to chase anything so the slow tease would be my approach.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: going to Fork for first time on Monday - 02/16/15 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: soonersorlaters
I'm no expert but while that front is blowing through, the air pressure is going to soar. Pre staged fish might not make a run to deeper water but I would guess it would have them hugging the bottom around cover (the bigger, the better).

Whatever you like to fish slow with confidence around cover on creek channel edges, near spawning flats. Doubt they'll be in the mood to chase anything so the slow tease would be my approach.

They have been all over the place in terms of hugging the bottom or suspending on stumps even the shallow fish. The days I think they will be tight to the bottom they are not and vice versa. I just get a bite or two and start adjusting as needed. Been no rhyme or reason to it at all.

If it were me I would just keep a bait wet, fish very thorough but keep moving if you ain't getting bit.
Posted By: chargerboat

Re: going to Fork for first time on Monday - 02/16/15 01:55 AM

Go get some black salties you will catch some
Posted By: KB1953

Re: going to Fork for first time on Monday - 02/16/15 01:57 AM

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum