Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Minn Kota or motor guide??? [Re: OkieBob] #9926523 04/22/14 12:59 PM
T
texboxer Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: OkieBob
For crappie fishing you need a cable steer tm which means you can't get the iPilot and that is a good thing. The iPilot is good for some types of fishing but, not crappie.
And, do NOT get the US2 option (2D sonar transducer) it is much worse than the transducers that come with your unit, be it HB or Lowrance.

Have to disagree with you. for some of us the Ipilot is the best way to go. my old body is riddled with arthritis and the hand held remote makes fishing enjoyable. Would I recommend the I pilot to just anyone, no because it takes a learning curve and getting use to. But once you've learned how to use it, it's very easy to control and stay on Bp's with it. The US2 is the only way to go in my book. no worries about tearing up your transducer in shallow water or on stumps. Just my opinion.

Re: Minn Kota or motor guide??? [Re: Fishing man88] #9926564 04/22/14 01:13 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
minn kota terrova. !!

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: Minn Kota or motor guide??? [Re: texboxer] #9926609 04/22/14 01:26 PM
Bobcat1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: texboxer
For crappie fishing you need a cable steer tm which means you can't get the iPilot and that is a good thing. The iPilot is good for some types of fishing but, not crappie.
And, do NOT get the US2 option (2D sonar transducer) it is much worse than the transducers that come with your unit, be it HB or Lowrance.

Have to disagree with you. for some of us the Ipilot is the best way to go. my old body is riddled with arthritis and the hand held remote makes fishing enjoyable. Would I recommend the I pilot to just anyone, no because it takes a learning curve and getting use to. But once you've learned how to use it, it's very easy to control and stay on Bp's with it. The US2 is the only way to go in my book. no worries about tearing up your transducer in shallow water or on stumps. Just my opinion.
I agree with OkieBob.

Bobby Barnett

Re: Minn Kota or motor guide??? [Re: Bobcat1] #9926628 04/22/14 01:34 PM
T
texboxer Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Bobcat1

I agree with OkieBob.

Kinda goes without saying.
But hey, if new technology is not your cup of tea, or it's hard for you to use or learn, then stay with what ya know. It's just that for some, we don't mind learning new things and they work quite well for us. Ya can teach some ole dogs new tricks. grin

Re: Minn Kota or motor guide??? [Re: Fishing man88] #9926645 04/22/14 01:43 PM
J
Jig Man Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
J
motor guide...

Life is Good..<><

Re: Minn Kota or motor guide??? [Re: OkieBob] #9926899 04/22/14 03:21 PM
J
jig master Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

violin Chuck Rollins uses a I pilot
For crappie fishing ?

Don't believe everything you hear and half of what you see . Living for the Thump !!
Re: Minn Kota or motor guide??? [Re: jig master] #9927312 04/22/14 05:43 PM
Bobcat1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: jig master

For crappie fishing ?
Is that why he bought a Fortrex from me? hmmm

Bobby Barnett

Re: Minn Kota or motor guide??? [Re: texboxer] #9927623 04/22/14 07:49 PM
OkieBob Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

I agree with OkieBob.

Kinda goes without saying.
But hey, if new technology is not your cup of tea, or it's hard for you to use or learn, then stay with what ya know. It's just that for some, we don't mind learning new things and they work quite well for us. Ya can teach some ole dogs new tricks. grin

No doubt I'm an 'old dog' but, I'm pretty sure I have the first spotlight, I was one of the first with an HDS s/LSS-1.
I also bought into the MK PowerDrive V2 from the factory with iPilot installed and US2. Converted to an 1198C and 998 preparing to move up to the iPilotLink. So, moved up to a Terrova with US2. After discussions with HB factory, they had me take it to a factory authorized repair station where they completely replaced all the electronics. Even after that, I was lucky to be able to hold within 20' of a waypoint and that was on a very good day. Most often it would wander as much as 50' from my waypoint on spotlock.
Hey, if you can catch crappie 50' off your brushpile, then I say go for it. I'm just saying I never could and MK and HB had every opportunity to correct the problem and couldn't.
Now, if you don't need to hold that close to structure it might be just the thing and if you have a problem like your friend, heck yeah, buy it. But, for me, I don't like having to spend my fishing time searching for the brushpile and correcting my tm because it has wandered off so far it's lost.
As for US2, I simply ask that you compare, on the water, what you see with either L or HB's factory shipped 2D transducer with MK's built in transducer.
Hopping down from my soapbox now.

One last thing I need to add. Again, in my opinion, the Fortrex is far superior than any other tm I have used. It is much quieter, much quicker and stronger. That little pause when you tell any electric steer to go, really agrivates me and unless something really spectacular comes out, I'm going to use them from now on.

Last edited by OkieBob; 04/22/14 07:53 PM.

I'M SOONER BORN, SOONER BRED AND WHEN I DIE I'LL BE SOONER DEAD!
Chickasaw proud.
[Linked Image]CallMatthew@972-754-1698 http://jigumjigs.com

MEMBER WALLY MARSHALL'S MR CRAPPIE PROSTAFF
MEMBER JIGUM JIGS PROSTAFF
Re: Minn Kota or motor guide??? [Re: Bobcat1] #9927789 04/22/14 08:56 PM
W
whitneylakerat Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W

For crappie fishing ?

Dangit, he is the one that bought that?!! That's exactly what I need for my boat, I HATE the I-pilot Terrova! I'm not an old dog, and i'm pretty good at learning new things, but I also know what works best for me and that loud, slow eletric steer is not my cup of tea.

Re: Minn Kota or motor guide??? [Re: whitneylakerat] #9927880 04/22/14 09:30 PM
Bobcat1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: whitneylakerat

For crappie fishing ?

Dangit, he is the one that bought that?!! That's exactly what I need for my boat, I HATE the I-pilot Terrova! I'm not an old dog, and i'm pretty good at learning new things, but I also know what works best for me and that loud, slow eletric steer is not my cup of tea.
Exactly! I owned a Terrova for one month. I did my best to adapt. Maybe I'm too ADHD for it but it was slow to respond, noisy and would not SpotLock inside a 20' diameter... maybe a 20'radius. No more electric steer for me. Fortrex has lift assist and that alone is why I like it. Not to mention it is very quiet and quick to respond.

Bobby Barnett

Re: Minn Kota or motor guide??? [Re: Fishing man88] #9928895 04/23/14 03:13 AM
K
koobycrappie Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Fortrex for me!

Love it!

Very dependable!

I'm always in a good mood when I'm fishing.
Kevin Kubiak
Lakes Somerville and Granger, crappie guide
512-848-4469
www.hotcrappie.com
pro staff; proanglertackle.com

Re: Minn Kota or motor guide??? [Re: Fishing man88] #9929222 04/23/14 10:50 AM
OkieBob Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Hey Bobcat, ya think we made our point?
I'm thinkin bout startin a Fortrex Users Group...FUG for short? What 'cha think?

Chickasaw proud.

Re: Minn Kota or motor guide??? [Re: Fishing man88] #9929223 04/23/14 10:51 AM
OkieBob Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Or how about FAT....Fishermen Against Terrovas?

Chickasaw proud.

Re: Minn Kota or motor guide??? [Re: OkieBob] #9929228 04/23/14 11:01 AM
Bobcat1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao Get after 'em Bob!

Bobby Barnett

Re: Minn Kota or motor guide??? [Re: OkieBob] #9929531 04/23/14 01:39 PM
T
texboxer Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Hey Bobcat, ya think we made our point?
I'm thinkin bout startin a Fortrex Users Group...FUG for short? What 'cha think?

the only point you two made was your close minded and can't read.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide