Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Texas Fishing License Question... [Re: R E N] #9853897 03/25/14 08:13 PM
E
ETX_Chad Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
In my opinion they should only offer 1 license that is good for 12 months from purchase and covers all water in TX. They only make it complicated by offering different licenses that people can by if they only fish certain bodies of water...

Re: Texas Fishing License Question... [Re: R E N] #9853898 03/25/14 08:13 PM
T
Todd Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Just go pawn some golf balls and lets go fishing.

Re: Texas Fishing License Question... [Re: R E N] #9854173 03/25/14 10:31 PM
R
RogerB Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Originally Posted By: R E N
Ok, why is the fresh water only license only August to August? Looks like it is a money thing. You'll have to pay more to get the year to date option even though you'll most likely won't be doing any saltwater fishing. Awesome scam they got going.

https://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business/feedback/complaints/file_a_complaint.phtml

Re: Texas Fishing License Question... [Re: RogerB] #9854279 03/25/14 11:18 PM
J
JOED214 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I have to buy Louisiana all waters, Texas all waters and Oklahoma.
Sounds like you just need to broaden your fishing horizon Ren!

Re: Texas Fishing License Question... [Re: R E N] #9855297 03/26/14 10:48 AM
R
R E N Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
R
I would have to agree with ETX_Chad. That would simplify it perfectly. If it makes sense for a license to run on the same calendar months as the state's budget calendar, then why is the Texas "ALL" water license not from August-August too? I'm just trying to "understand" so I won't assume I'm being "scammed". Also, I only have a 6th grade education much like Jethro. So, explain slowly please.

@Todd- when you want to go?

@armadillomojo- I'm trying to broaden fishing horizon bro! That's why I'm contemplating on getting a license now or later.

Re: Texas Fishing License Question... [Re: R E N] #9855442 03/26/14 12:31 PM
Jerry Hamon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
The money all goes to help with our parks and waterways so who cares?
You spend more on green fees in a week than a fishing license costs!!! boxing

Owner/Guide at River Crossing Guide Service

(214) 457-3407
revtcf@gmail.com
Re: Texas Fishing License Question... [Re: R E N] #9855467 03/26/14 12:39 PM
R
RogerB Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
It's a fair question and in this day and age, there is prob no good reason why it couldn't be from date of purchase. But Ren, if you don't want to be scammed then just ensure you are fishing the first of August whether you want to or not - that'll teach 'em. BTW, I typed that as slow as I could so you could more easily read it.

Re: Texas Fishing License Question... [Re: R E N] #9855473 03/26/14 12:42 PM
L
LuvPondFishing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
The September 1 - August 31 license must be a pretty common practice. I know in Alabama its the same way, but there, that is the only license option available. Of course, in Alabama the freshwater license is only $12.75 so its not that big of a $$$ hit even if you purchase around this time of year and only get 1/2 year or so for it.

Originally Posted By: The Ninja
This might be the weirdest, most pointless post ever.

I am not against golf, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering fishing
Re: Texas Fishing License Question... [Re: Jerry Hamon] #9855704 03/26/14 01:37 PM
R
R E N Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
R
Originally Posted By: Jerry Hamon
I care, that's why I'm asking. If it's going to our parks & water ways, I don't see much improvements in any of the parks I've been at. Low lakes & creeks pretty every where. Lake facilities in poor conditions. Restrooms either locked or worst unkept. Some of the money may go to our parks & waterways, but the majority of it is lining someone's pocket.

Re: Texas Fishing License Question... [Re: R E N] #9855890 03/26/14 02:25 PM
R
Rod_763 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
What about the fresh water stamp? Is that only if you are keeping the fish? I'm a catch and release guy, mainly.

Native OK...Texan by choice.

Perception Pescador 12
Re: Texas Fishing License Question... [Re: Rod_763] #9855973 03/26/14 02:48 PM
L
LuvPondFishing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted By: Rod_763
What about the fresh water stamp? Is that only if you are keeping the fish? I'm a catch and release guy, mainly.

Freshwater stamp allows a person who purchased a salt water license to fish freshwater. The price of the stamp is the difference between the saltwater license and the all waters license. Similarly, a salt water stamp is for those who purchased a freshwater license and desire to fish the salt.

Originally Posted By: The Ninja
This might be the weirdest, most pointless post ever.

I am not against golf, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering fishing
Re: Texas Fishing License Question... [Re: R E N] #9856085 03/26/14 03:18 PM
Jerry Hamon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I care, that's why I'm asking. If it's going to our parks & water ways, I don't see much improvements in any of the parks I've been at. Low lakes & creeks pretty every where. Lake facilities in poor conditions. Restrooms either locked or worst unkept. Some of the money may go to our parks & waterways, but the majority of it is lining someone's pocket.

You've been spending too much time on the greens. I frequent lots of state parks throughout the year and see lots of improvements. For example; the screen shelters at Cooper have been turned into cabins, they have started doing that at Eisenhower as well, Inks Lake SP in the last few years has gotten a huge make over, Bonham SP recently got a ton of improvements done on their rec hall, Purtis Creek just got new roads throughout the park, and so many more. Too many to even mention. Most of the restroom facilities that you see in bad shape or locked are Corps of Engineers facilites not TPWD. I am proud to be associated with TPWD as a volunteer Angler Ed Instructor and think they provide a lot for very little cost to the people of The State of Texas.

Low lakes and creeks are not anybody's fault, we need rain. If TPWD could produce water I promise you they would.

(214) 457-3407
revtcf@gmail.com
Re: Texas Fishing License Question... [Re: R E N] #9856122 03/26/14 03:30 PM
R
RogerB Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Most of the restroom facilities that you see in bad shape or locked are Corps of Engineers facilites not TPWD.

This. Big difference in corp facilities and TPWD facilities - from employee attitude to ramps to upkeep, etc. TPWD knows they have to keep fishermen, campers, visitors happy to keep repeat visitors.....the COE has other priorities and I get the feeling that many corp parks are nothing more than a basic appeasement.

Re: Texas Fishing License Question... [Re: Jerry Hamon] #9856423 03/26/14 04:57 PM
R
R E N Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
R

You've been spending too much time on the greens. I frequent lots of state parks throughout the year and see lots of improvements. For example; the screen shelters at Cooper have been turned into cabins, they have started doing that at Eisenhower as well, Inks Lake SP in the last few years has gotten a huge make over, Bonham SP recently got a ton of improvements done on their rec hall, Purtis Creek just got new roads throughout the park, and so many more. Too many to even mention. Most of the restroom facilities that you see in bad shape or locked are Corps of Engineers facilites not TPWD. I am proud to be associated with TPWD as a volunteer Angler Ed Instructor and think they provide a lot for very little cost to the people of The State of Texas.

Low lakes and creeks are not anybody's fault, we need rain. If TPWD could produce water I promise you they would.
On the contrary old one, I haven't been spending enough time on the greens. My high scores shows it, but back to my question, no one seem to know the answer as to why fresh water only license has to be from aug-aug.

Re: Texas Fishing License Question... [Re: R E N] #9856449 03/26/14 05:03 PM
Jerry Hamon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Don't know except it has always been that way as the real "old ones" say!!!

(214) 457-3407
revtcf@gmail.com
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide