Forums59
Topics1,040,617
Posts13,984,412
Members144,241
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Port Aransas -VS- Port Oconner Whats your thoughts? [Re: cuthand1] #9697821 02/01/14 11:48 PM
J
Jim Ford Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Both places offer great fishing. I can't tell you which is better for you, because we have different tastes in fishing. I like to spend my time in the marsh sightcasting flies at reds. I love PA, but POC would not turn me off either. If you want to get away from the crowds you need to start at PA and follow the shore 300 miles south. Bring your own ice.......

Re: Port Aransas -VS- Port Oconner Whats your thoughts? [Re: cuthand1] #9698680 02/02/14 06:46 AM
C
Champion187 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted By: cuthand1
scott01 maybe i did not state the question correct. We my brother (Spondoly) fish at PA 3-4 times a year from June through Oct. Starting with Kings etc. in Summer and ending with the reds in Oct. You are correct. October is not bad as far as crowds go. July and August is a differant story. Spondoly scouted out PO last weekend and decided we will probly stay at PA. Thats ok I will just have to work on my people skills and overlook stupid! Can't fix it anyway! The older I get the less I like people!!!! Thanks for all the opinions !!!

Plenty of stupid in POC too. I was down there for a business meeting the last weekend of spring break last year and waited at the dock for about 30 minutes for some clients to meet me. The wind was 25 knots straight across the ICW and up the boat ramp. I saw more stupid in 30 minutes there than I have seen if 50 years in PA.

Saw one guy in a cuddy cabin burn into the boat ramp (his trailer wasn't there yet) right in front of a guide trying to leave. Guide shut it down, regrouped and tried to leave again. Same guy backed out of the boat ramp and cut him off again. Just as he was ready to leave again, same guy gunned it back up into the ramp and cut him off a third time. Wind had the guide pinned up against the dock and a boat behind him at the dock, so his only option was forward. Finally got out on the fourth try.

Five minutes later, I watched a another guide launching his boat. While he was getting ready to back off, another guy back down his trailer. No biggie, plenty of room. Just as the guide put the boat in gear to back off, the other boat came in so fast, he had to cut to the right to keep from hitting the guide boat, ran way up on the dock on the other side and finally slid off the dock onto his trailer. Instead of waiting another 30 seconds for the guide to back out of the ramp, he pushed in down wind into a tight slot with little margin of error on either side. Genius.

Way too many boats for such few ramps and parking spots!

Re: Port Aransas -VS- Port Oconner Whats your thoughts? [Re: Champion187] #9702235 02/03/14 04:23 PM
S
Spondoly Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Champion187.... your assessment" Way too many boats for such few ramps and parking spots! , was my conclusion after I looked everything over down there the other day. Thanks for your thoughts and observations.

Stupidity can happen out in the gulf as well. We were pulling up to a platform and drifting away several times catching fish and no only boat in sight. Then a 28-30 foot boat appeared coming our way so I knew we were going to have company. As the boat approached we were only 15 yards or so from the rig. It was a man and his wife/girlfriend only in the boat. What did the [censored] do? He went between us and the rig and snagged my wifes line and then he shoots the cooking oil to it speeding away with my wifes Penn Senator screaming with line ripping off. I reached over with my knife and cut her line...... what little she had left. What a ding bat and why did he do that......was he just that stupid. After that happened, we caught more fish and was having a good time just enjoying being out there having fun when another boat came by and pulled up to the rig and 2 guys hopped overboard snorkeling and that ruined our spot for the day. Never caught another fish there.

Last edited by Spondoly; 02/03/14 04:26 PM. Reason: mispell
Re: Port Aransas -VS- Port Oconner Whats your thoughts? [Re: cuthand1] #9703625 02/03/14 11:12 PM
P
Pat Goff Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Intelligence can be measured.
Stupidity knows no limits.

Here's a tip for those washing into this site, and wondering why so few responses to "tell me your best spots"...
I'll tell anyone face to face exactly what I'm doing, and exactly how I'm doing it.
I won't tell the other fifty thousand who's trying to potlick someone else's hard work. There, it's out there. Want some nuggets? Learn how to ask. Don't ask me where, ask me how and what sort of stuff I'm looking at. That will get a response.

100 yards in from the second bouy in shoalwater bay, between the second and third bar won't ever be told if that's where it's happening. Up to you to find that yourself, and it really doesn't matter, things change so fast, I can pretty well guarantee in two days it's dry anyway. Shell reefs on the downcurrent side of an outward tide is much better information, those you can find and have much better chance of actually catching something.

Pat Goff
Seadrift TX
[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide