Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9804214 03/07/14 09:14 PM
R
raycat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
Where's this month's calendar????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Somewhere, somebody's catching something!

PB-26# Blue Cat 12/11/2010
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9805566 03/08/14 08:40 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Sorry for the delay! I've been drawn aside & focused on the Ukraine bit, especially since Russia went into Crimea. As some of you know, my Wife Elena & Step-Daughter Helen are in Eastern Ukraine. Elena went with a friend of hers & their family last August to an outer suburb of Yalta near the southern tip of Crimea. The Black Sea is bluish & clear where she was.

Here is your Lynn's Catfish Calendar for March 2014:

Lynns Catfish Calendar- March 2014
Sunday / Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday / Saturday
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XX / XX / XX / XX / XX / XX | 1 BFT
2 BFT | 3 ZIP | 4 ZIP | 5 BC | 6 BC | 7 ZIP | 8 ZIP
9 ZIP | 10 YC | 11 YC | 12 ZIP | 13 BC | 14 BC | 15 BFT
16 BFT | 17 BC | 18 BC | 19 YC | 20 BFT | 21 BFT | 22 ZIP
23 ZIP | 24 BC | 25 BC | 26 BFT | 27 BFT | 28 BFT | 29 BFT
30 ZIP | 31 ZIP
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

LCC-2014 1st Quarter Moon Phases:
March-
1st- New Moon
8th- 1st Qtr
16th- Full Moon
23rd- Last Qtr
30th- New Moon

LCC-2014 1st Quarter Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days:
March-
1/2 (Sat/Sun)
9/10/11 (Sun/Mon/Tues)
19/20 (Wed/Thurs)
28/29 (Fri/Sat)

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9806342 03/08/14 05:43 PM
W
whitewing maniac Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
A bit confused here. For the 9th it shows ZIP. But you have it as a PYC below.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9806886 03/08/14 10:37 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
OK, let me explain a tad, hopefully that will help somewhat. As to further research data into the underlying patterns of what I refer to as a "roam-feed" circuit switch of YellowCats, they mostly coincide with the Catfish Calendar. However, as with all things in life, there are distortions which come into play to create variations. The Catfish Calendar focuses only upon the patterns of Yellows & Blues of Catfish. Gator Gars came into play, as they seem to run the same pattern as Yellows do, except it seems their "switch" kicks in a few hours ahead of the Yellows.

The Catfish Calendar shares which of the 4 designations are the strongest for that day. However, other patterns are also in motion. From more research data gain myself & by others willing to assist in sharing their results, has shown the underlying pattern is still in operation. It is up to the individual to utilize this extra research bonus or not. I share it, because it definitely seems to exist. And as we all want to optimize our catches, we'll take everything we can get.

Last month, I noted that the 2013 Calendar had some oddities, to which I have realized. But I noted even more oddities in this year's Calendar. Normally the PYC days seemed to fall into the YC days, and also the BFT days as well. But this year, I am also getting BC & ZIP days as well in the PYC pattern. So there is some type of adjustment going on with the magnetic fields of the planet, as to my guess.

Does that help?

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9808778 03/09/14 05:49 PM
G
GRS Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
G
Hello Lynn, Your information is very interesting. Just became aware of it. Wish I had known of it already. Thanks for your time and effort.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9810470 03/10/14 06:34 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Glad to hear from you GRS!

Trying to finish up the hard copy for 2014, but the Ukraine bit is slowing me down. Elena informed me there was some problems in Lugansk Sunday. Then I read about it on the news later.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9810797 03/10/14 01:15 PM
W
whitewing maniac Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
Thank you for all the info and extra explanation.

Hope that your family has a safe return back from the Ukraine.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9875260 04/02/14 11:03 AM
C
CatBoss Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
April is here already

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9878212 04/03/14 06:01 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Sorry for the delay, loss of internet connection (phone land line) from Saturday afternoon until Monday evening which put me behind schedule. I looked like a Bobblehead at the keyboard Monday night. Tuesday night, I just flat fell asleep at the keyboard, but my Wife woke me up at 3 AM with a Skype IM. Luckily I had my headphones on.

Never did find out if someone cut a fibre optic line. The Verizon repairman told me Monday AM there was two down & he was afraid somebody might have cut lines somewhere. Obviously, they did not catch that problem 2 days before. Or if the problem was due to the storm Friday evening. Lightning or power surge knocked out the front meter loop that goes to our water well pump. BTU got that fixed about 4 to 5 hours later.

Here is your Lynn's Catfish Calendar for April 2014:

Lynns Catfish Calendar- April 2014
Sunday / Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday / Saturday
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XX | XX | | 1 ZIP | 2 BC | 3 ZIP | 4 ZIP | 5 ZIP
6 YC | 7 YC | 8 ZIP | 9 ZIP | 10 ZIP | 11 BC | 12 BFT
13 BC | 14 BC | 15 BC | 16 YC | 17 YC | 18 BC | 19 ZIP
20 BC | 21 BC | 22 BFT | 23 BFT | 24 YC | 25 YC | 26 ZIP
27 ZIP | 28 ZIP | 29 ZIP | 30 ZIP
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

April 2014 Moon Phases-
7th- 1st Qtr
15th- Full Moon
22nd- Last Qtr
29th- New Moon

April 2014 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days-
6/7/8 (Sun/Mon/Tues)
16/17 (Wed/Thurs)
24/25 (Thurs/Fri)

Hmm, it seems we are about 5 or so inches under average. High hopes for some rain Friday & Sunday though.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9878213 04/03/14 06:10 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
And here's the Key once again for those just tuning in ...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Lynns Catfish Calendar- KEY:
YC = YellowCat // BC = BlueCat // BFT = Buffet (assorted) // ZIP = Zip (not very good)
Tip- Always bait out lines the night before a YC or BC day.
Tip- Gator Gars run ahead of YellowCats, so bait out late (between 11 PM to 1 AM).
Tip- BlueCats also bite good on YC days, but you can rack em up on BC days.
Tip- Some variations or alterations are due to weather or other external influences.
Tip- For Rod-n-Reelers, use Solunar Tables (etc.) also for best times with my calendar.
Tip- Near Full Moon, Gator Gars & YellowCats seem to feed a few hours later.
Tip- Your biggest YellowCats may hit best towards beginning & end of YC days.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For those wondering as to what the days of the calendar state & the Prime YellowCat Days, look for this post that clarifies it- #9806886 - 03/08/14 04:37 PM. It is listed on the 2nd page of the 2014 thread.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9878218 04/03/14 06:25 AM
Txmedic033 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Thank you, Lynn!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9878219 04/03/14 06:29 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
For those of you who did not get the 2013 Hard Copy (they were printed on the back of December 2013 page, plus sent along on a printed page too), I included just a few testimonies concerning the Catfish Calendar. Of course, to be sure that everybody remained anonymous, I left off their actual names or TFF "handles" & may have had to delete portions that could be used to identify them. I believe in each person's privacy.

++++++++++++++++++++
Catfish Calendar Testimonies [Edited/ Anonymous 2013 List]:

**Been following the forum [TFF]. Seems like some are having a tough time getting fish in the boat, and want to debunk the catfish calendar. To that I am thinking, no one is 100% all the time! Let them live and learn! I can say for myself, that my catches have increased 3-4 times since following your calendar. If you need any help or info from me, feel free to ask.
**Hi Lynn, I can't wait to get the calendar. I did a little research with the e-calendar [RTF version] you emailed me and my past fishing trips, and I also keep notes on the fish I catch and when I don't. I've concluded you are 100% on. I fish mainly for Alligator Gar for photos only- catch and release. I went fishing on a YC day, and did some good. You noted [Gator] Gar run before Yellows. So true and here's proof. Thanx again.
**Well I told you I would give you some feedback on your calendar, so here it is. I've fished trotlines the last 2 weekends and your predictions from on your calendar have been dead on. I fished the Brazos 6th-8th [YC days] and caught LOTS of Yellas up to 42 lbs, a few Channels and no Blues. I fished the same lines in the same locations this past weekend 13th-15th [BC days] and caught the heck outa Blues, along with some Yellas, but not near as many or the size from last weekend [as to YCs]. This is my first time setting lines since I started using your calendar, and you can bet it's already making a believer out of me. I'm gonna try to set a couple lines on Belton Lake 22nd-26th. Hopefully I will have some more good feedback for you then.
**This weekend we had an annual [MD] trip to the Little River with lots of family and friends. Every year Memorial Day weekend we all head down there. This year was by far the worst fishing we have ever had. Between 4 different boats running lines for several days we had a total of 4 small Yellas. We didn't get to set lines until Saturday before dark due to a drowning just upriver from us Friday afternoon. When I got back I checked your calendar and it couldn't have been more right. There was ZIP biting all weekend.
**How do I get a calender? I'm always having to search back through your old posts to find what I need. I've only been juglining for YellowCats the past 2 months in the Colorado River, and I've found as far as Yellows go, it's pretty accurate. I still catch them on ZIP and BC days, but I always tend to catch more on YC days.
**Hello Lynn, I really enjoy reading your posts and stories. I live near Lake Lavon. Your calendar has rang true on Lavon for the days I fished that said BC--- I caught BlueCats on my jugs. Also went to Lake Travis for a family vacation July 18-21 and caught several good Ops [YCs] and 1 good BC on the YC days.
**Good one GOOD WORD BRO. Works! For sure this we know. Let me know how I can help. I am totaly available and love research.
**Thank You Lynn for posting this.
**For a great post and awesome calendar. I purchased this last year and proved to be absolutely outstanding!!! The results were spot on providing average weather patterns. I live in the Dallas area for those that were asking what areas this works in. Worked in mine.
**I live in Houston area. Calendar works here and at Lake Livingston ! Thanks Lynn !!!
**I really appreciate your calender. I use it all the time.
**I love the calender. I still owe you a complete report. Been too busy cleaning and bagging fish!
**I caught 4 yesterday on trotline [in the lake]. 1-2#ers. It being a ZIP day, acccording to the catfish calendar. On BlueCat [BC] days, I've noted my catches are much more in weight and numbers.
**Hey Lynn, Can you post the March Calendar. I will admit that I thought your calendar was a bunch of BS. The last few months I have been comparing my catches to your calendar and I'm starting to see a pattern. I have done best on BC or YC days compared to ZIP days. You're starting to make me a believer. LOL.
**I use this calender to plan almost all my trips unless they are last minute trips. I have noticed a big difference on ZIP days and [in comparison to] BC or YC days.
**I'll let you know how we do. Thanks again for the Calender, I'm going to get one of the printed ones from you when you have them ready.
**Take care of yourself and keep in touch. Let me know when you have the calender ready. I want one.
**I would have loved to have some live perch since these were all BFT days. I'm going to start working on that. We ended up catching about 140 pounds of fish which produced 42 pounds of filets. I don't know why I would want to do any better than that (but I do) it's just too much fish. The calender didn't lie to me, we caught some really nice fish and most of them on about 12 jugs.

And I just want to say I truly appreciate it whenever someone shares feedback, regardless of the outcome (results). I collect all data.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9881517 04/04/14 12:29 PM
B
Big Kahuna Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
When you mention bites earlier or later what is the start time ? I don't know if I missed it and I am taking out some kids on Sunday and they just want to catch something from the bank. Thanks.

14' Jackson Cuda
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9883960 04/05/14 02:34 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
My Catfish Calendar designates what is the strongest of the 4 slots for that given day (which we tend to sum up as a 24 hour exact slot). But in actuality, it does not mean there is a set of bars, a gate, or a wall, that would be what we might refer to as a definitive cut-off as to totally separating two days. In essence, one day is tapering off, as another is emerging. Therefore, there is for lacking of a better term, a sort of bleedover both ways. As one is ending, another is beginning, creating a loose overlap. There are no guarantees or specifics to define this overlap though. There may be none, a slight, or greater amount of this overlap. But by knowing there is a possibility of this bleedover, you are merely maximizing the potential of that designated slot for the day.

To give an example, let's say you normally take an hour lunch. You get in your car & drive to a place to eat, eat, then drive back to work. But on your way to lunch, your car breaks down. After getting it fixed, chances are some may still go get their lunch, then trek back to work a little late. Or perhaps, due to some reason, you need to go for an early lunch, even though normally you have a specific time designated as your lunchtime. So you can see the slight variables that intermix with your standard set time, in that there sometimes is a little flexibility.

If you will notice in My KEY, the very first tip states: "Always bait out lines the night before a YC or BC day." If you would be running set lines & the calendar shows ZIP going into BC or YC or BFT, you want your lines to already have them full of bait before the Midnight hour & undisturbed to get the maximum chance. But if it is YC you are after, the next tip comes back & notes due to Gator Gars also running the same schedule as YellowCats, but seem to run a few hours ahead, you may not want to do it too much earlier. For the natural reason that the GG may deplete much of your bait you have out for Yellows (YC).

If you bait out (on set lines) on a ZIP day in the evening before a BC day, you are taking a chance of two possibilities. One that the bait will be partially stripped or emptied before the Blues might start biting. Another is that the Blues might just bite early (take an early lunch just before). And of course, if it was opposite, such as BC going into ZIP. You might think, well, no sense in baiting out, as the day is about over. But then again, you can never know for certain. There may be some who are taking a late lunch.

So, by knowing there are certain flexibilities, you can optimize the Calendar to your advantage. From working & researching the Catfish Calendar for some 33 years, I have realized that the 24 hour slot has a slight bleedover. Also, that that day's designated slot, does not mean that the whole 24 hours is max. But that there will be slots of max & min times within the whole day. This is the reason I stress that the best results are gained by set lines. This is due to the case that the lines are set in a fixed area, as the Catfish Calendar runs according to a sort of "roam-feed circuit switch" in the Blues, Yellows, and Gator Gars. In other words, they are on the run looking for food, not just sitting still awaiting "delivery".

If you are bank fishing (be it by R-n-R or set hook or some sort of throwline), you are in a fixed place, but you are limited to the fish that will come into that area. There are pros & cons to the bank, as opposed to being out in the water (somewhere further out).

For Rod-n-Reelers, it requires a slightly different approach, but also there are many perks involved, such as by fish finders & being able to move from one group to another. But the down sides are, chances are you will not stay fixed in one spot for 24 hours, and that you may leave one group that is about to bite (just after you leave).

OK, hope that helps somewhat.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9883989 04/05/14 02:46 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Forgot to give you an estimate as to the Bleedover time. For example, let's say you have a BC day changing into a ZIP day. The BC slot may bleed over from as little as 2 hours after Midnight to possibly reaching as far as possibly 10 AM.

YC going into ZIP- about the same, maybe 10:30 AMish. Exception is a Full Moon, which may help extending it as much as Noon.

Always remember that about a 2 to 3 hour overlap might be considered a standard. Longer periods can occur, such as to after dawn an hour or two. But do not rely on everything to have a 10 to 12 hour overlap in every case, as that would not be an actuality.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide