Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151277 07/21/13 10:47 PM
C
Chuck7700 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
. popcorn

Last edited by Chuck7700; 07/21/13 10:47 PM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151278 07/21/13 10:47 PM
F
Fishspanker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Plenty have tried. Few make a decent living. Fishing is more mental than physical. There is a huge difference between those that consistently make it at the Elite level and those who don't.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151281 07/21/13 10:48 PM
H
hcriverrat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Originally Posted By: chilli31
Originally Posted By: 90 5.0
Dedication and perseverence seems to be lost in today's world.

That's what separates the normal joes from the pros not handouts and sponsorships.

Fish a mid level local trail and see if you can dominate there first, then see if you can keep up at a higher level.

On any given day anyone can win, but putting together a limit everytime day in and day out on any body of water takes a whole lot more.

If you want to be a pro, nothing is stopping you only your own dedication to doing it.

Fish some trails and move up in the local standings, instead of looking for hand outs IMO.

Now a pro's vs joes fishing show might be cool like the other sports one they had.

Pro in his boat, randomly chosen angler from a mid level series in the region they want to film in , on a lake not in any regular trails line up.

I think that might be a cool tv show idea.

Actually about a year ago I had that idea as well and of course people berated me for the idea as well look it up (pro's vs joe's ) you'll see my name on subject starter
looks to me like nothing but support. Your just trying to dig out of the hole now buddy

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151298 07/21/13 10:52 PM
H
hcriverrat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
So you don't have a boat, you are a bank fisher. Yet you could beat the Elites. Maybe if your perch jerkin, maybe.

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151342 07/21/13 11:06 PM
T
Tony Clark @ Lake Fork Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Years ago I replyed on a post about how someone could learn much more from a Pro than a local guide on Lake Fork.I took it the wrong way and blasted that a Pro that did'nt have the time on the water would be lucky not to tear up his boat just running the lake.However as far as the learning new techniques and using some of the top of the line in new types of tackle the Pro would be better hands down.I have used a Elite pro to help me on a guide trip this past April,and guiding and fishing for your self is two differant things.In guiding it has alot to do with the peoples skills your fishing with at the time.So for me to think that just because we had a better day than the Elite angler guide really means nothing.I was lucky enough to fish with Gearld Brown and Tommy Biffle here lately,and the short time we fish together I was able to learn what those fisherman look for on differant types of stucture.As far as the finances just to be able to hit the tournament trail is very exspensive and the average joe would have a tuff road ahead of him.As far as sponsors go nothings really free,and say your catching fish on baits that your not sponsered by or promoting can be a bummer to.Cause as much as I like thier products at times I catch them better on other products and hate to offend the people that have tried to help me.Guiding is tough enough,however to be a winner on the tournament scene is insanely tough.Going back to the Elite VS Me on Lake Fork,things could have turned out completely differant one on one.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2505/oomv.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/image]903 243-6905 Phone or Text, FaceBook:Tony Clark Lake Fork/ http://www.lakeforkbasstrips.com Bass Cat Boats/Mercury

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: Tony Clark @ Lake Fork] #9151386 07/21/13 11:19 PM
C
chilli31 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Tony Clark
Years ago I replyed on a post about how someone could learn much more from a Pro than a local guide on Lake Fork.I took it the wrong way and blasted that a Pro that did'nt have the time on the water would be lucky not to tear up his boat just running the lake.However as far as the learning new techniques and using some of the top of the line in new types of tackle the Pro would be better hands down.I have used a Elite pro to help me on a guide trip this past April,and guiding and fishing for your self is two differant things.In guiding it has alot to do with the peoples skills your fishing with at the time.So for me to think that just because we had a better day than the Elite angler guide really means nothing.I was lucky enough to fish with Gearld Brown and Tommy Biffle here lately,and the short time we fish together I was able to learn what those fisherman look for on differant types of stucture.As far as the finances just to be able to hit the tournament trail is very exspensive and the average joe would have a tuff road ahead of him.As far as sponsors go nothings really free,and say your catching fish on baits that your not sponsered by or promoting can be a bummer to.Cause as much as I like thier products at times I catch them better on other products and hate to offend the people that have tryed to help me.Guiding is tough enough,however to be a winner on the tournament scene is insanely tough.Going back to the Elite VS Me on Lake Fork,things could have turned out completely differant one on one.

Finally a good well thought out response thank you for your response
I appreciate yur well thought out answers please pm Me when you get the chance thank you

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151398 07/21/13 11:25 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
All the handouts are now passed out by the O'dali lama

#MFGA
Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151410 07/21/13 11:28 PM
S
Steve187 (A.K.A. GETFISHED ) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Ah just what I needed. The best entertainment I've had this weekend. Been feeling kind of doggy cause my boat is in storage and having trouble buying another. Read this whole thing and I can't quit laughing. Freaking hilarious ! The original idea is fine. The reason it aint happening is what they call business. As far as the regular joe on average being just as good as an Elite, well that's good entertainment for some. I fished a trail for 3 yrs against a guy named Charlie Campbell. Ever hear of him ? I beat him half the time but no way could I put the heat on the Elites with any consistency against those at the top. Frikkin hilarious

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151450 07/21/13 11:42 PM
H
hcriverrat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
hello my name is Corey and i just moved here From northern California

And well i have not had a very good time Fishen here at all
All in All i Suck at Bass Fishen and i sure Could use some help
Maybe even a buddy to go out with to help me with fishen for bass

i live close to lake lewisville and well i have been there a hand full of times and i have been skunked every time i go

am i doing something wrong ?
I dont know if i am but i would love to have some help PLEASE !!!!!!!!!
and the truth reveals itself

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151467 07/21/13 11:47 PM
C
chilli31 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
C
Wow that's a old post thanks for the memories
You better come with a hell of a lot more than that to put someone down

Keep tryin you'll get it right soon

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: hcriverrat] #9151472 07/21/13 11:48 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted By: hcriverrat

i live close to lake lewisville and well i have been there a hand full of times and i have been skunked every time i go

Ouch

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151498 07/21/13 11:58 PM
H
hcriverrat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Wow that's a old post thanks for the memories
You better come with a hell of a lot more than that to put someone down

Keep tryin you'll get it right soon
im not trying to put you down im trying to make you realize that your not gonna get anywhere lying to people on this forum. every post you make is kept and they can come back around 4 years later to get you. The post is only 4 years old. So in 4 years you go from having no clue in bass fishing to being able to hang with the best bass fisherman in the whole world?

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151522 07/22/13 12:08 AM
C
chilli31 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
C
Lying I did nothing of the sort and nor did I say that I was the best I was simply stating that it would be cool if companies would get back to how things were in the past with actually giving people a chance

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: WAWI] #9151526 07/22/13 12:10 AM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin
Originally Posted By: hcriverrat

Ouch

Ouch

#MFGA
Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151537 07/22/13 12:19 AM
H
hcriverrat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Lying I did nothing of the sort and nor did I say that I was the best I was simply stating that it would be cool if companies would get back to how things were in the past with actually giving people a chance
the part of company's backing people is fine. It's when you said you could hang with if not beat the Elites is what we're on now. Just 4 years ago you posted about not having a clue about bass fishing. I'm just trying to figure out how you advanced at such a rapid pace and not even having a boat or ever even fishing a tournament. Please explain!!

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide