Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151115 07/21/13 09:47 PM
H
hcriverrat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Chill post your fishing resume. Lets see if your accomplishments match your words

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151129 07/21/13 09:53 PM
C
chilli31 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
C
Obviously people need to learn how to read the WHOLE post before they comment first off i was not attacking other people until I was questioned no as far as posting my resume I will decline because that's not what the post was about ...........

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151131 07/21/13 09:54 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
I like your idea but put those top elite guys and you on a lake not known or seen before and your going to get spanked. Those guys didn't start the elites winning everything, it took them years to get that good. And that's years at the top level. I know I can go anywhere and catch fish but there's a big difference between catching keepers and catching 5lbers. Now I would like to see how I would do against them, but like mark Perry said, its not how good you are, its who you know.

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: Mark Perry] #9151134 07/21/13 09:56 PM
W
WWJ Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
Yours is great advice. Ultimately, if you really want it, you will have to make it happen yourself.

Last edited by WWJ; 07/22/13 12:47 AM.

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151141 07/21/13 09:59 PM
H
hcriverrat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Originally Posted By: chilli31
Obviously people need to learn how to read the WHOLE post before they comment first off i was not attacking other people until I was questioned no as far as posting my resume I will decline because that's not what the post was about ...........
i did read the whole post. I can understand the whole tryout thing. But then you said you could compete with if not beat them. That changes the direction of the post doesn't it? Have you at least won a big name tournament? Which one?

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151145 07/21/13 10:00 PM
slim 285 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
If your are as good as the pros . Enter at the open levels and take all there money. lol_2 If you are as good as you say you are it want be long before you will be rich and famous

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151149 07/21/13 10:01 PM
Y
YankHardReelFast Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Y
Originally Posted By: chilli31
Are you , Kvd, Evers, Rojas, Martins ? No well me neither but put me in the same area fishing and I will keep up with them if not beat them

THEY PUT ON THEIR PANTS JUST LIKE I DO thus there is no difference to how they fish compared to how I fish fishing is all about location and timing some skill but bass are optimistic hunters they would bite my bait as well as there's that being said being in the right place at the right time is key those guys do their diligence of being pros

I was simply saying that it would be cool to see offers like what I mentioned to see them develop into something real

No sir. I am not any of the ones names above, nor will I ever be in a league of theirs. The guys that are household names have a 6th sense about them that allows them to be what they are known as - "Elite".

I never said they are better than you as a person. That's where the "they put their pants on one leg at a time" comment would fit in. These guys are great people that take time out for their fans.

As far as your comment about being able to keep up with them or beat them...someone above asked for you to post YOUR resume. Show me the proof and shut me up. That's the simplest way to end this conversation. The proof is in the puddin'.

PS - what happened to the "." key on your keyboard?

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151176 07/21/13 10:17 PM
B
BassinButch Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
popcorn2

Ephesians 6:13 KJV
Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151185 07/21/13 10:21 PM
90 5.0 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Dedication and perseverence seems to be lost in today's world.

That's what separates the normal joes from the pros not handouts and sponsorships.

Fish a mid level local trail and see if you can dominate there first, then see if you can keep up at a higher level.

On any given day anyone can win, but putting together a limit everytime day in and day out on any body of water takes a whole lot more.

If you want to be a pro, nothing is stopping you only your own dedication to doing it.

Fish some trails and move up in the local standings, instead of looking for hand outs IMO.

Now a pro's vs joes fishing show might be cool like the other sports one they had.

Pro in his boat, randomly chosen angler from a mid level series in the region they want to film in , on a lake not in any regular trails line up.

I think that might be a cool tv show idea.

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: 90 5.0] #9151204 07/21/13 10:30 PM
C
chilli31 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
C
Originally Posted By: 90 5.0
Dedication and perseverence seems to be lost in today's world.

That's what separates the normal joes from the pros not handouts and sponsorships.

Fish a mid level local trail and see if you can dominate there first, then see if you can keep up at a higher level.

On any given day anyone can win, but putting together a limit everytime day in and day out on any body of water takes a whole lot more.

If you want to be a pro, nothing is stopping you only your own dedication to doing it.

Fish some trails and move up in the local standings, instead of looking for hand outs IMO.

Now a pro's vs joes fishing show might be cool like the other sports one they had.

Pro in his boat, randomly chosen angler from a mid level series in the region they want to film in , on a lake not in any regular trails line up.

I think that might be a cool tv show idea.

Actually about a year ago I had that idea as well and of course people berated me for the idea as well look it up (pro's vs joe's ) you'll see my name on subject starter

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151219 07/21/13 10:33 PM
H
hcriverrat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Resume Sir

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151227 07/21/13 10:35 PM
J
Jeremy S. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
Let's see, I've got a truck, a boat, a BPS store in my lockers, great electronics, plenty of gas, good income, almost no bills, and I spend a LOT of time on the water.

Sometimes I even put my pants on both legs at a time just to be special.

Last year, I think I won a grand total of 600 bucks lmao. There is a HUGE difference in the pro's, the local good sticks, and every body else. Just the facts. If you're that good, jackpot a bunch of working man's tournaments and bank the cash, move up to the BWS, then to the opens.

Otherwise, just deal with the fact fishing is fun and I can drive fast in my shiny boat and have a blast destroying schooling dinks because I DON'T have the skills of the pro's. That's life. I doubt they could keep a drilling rig running or get a broken helicopter in the air like I can. Find something you're good at, do it, make money, fish, smile.

Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: chilli31] #9151248 07/21/13 10:41 PM
J
Jeezy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
I started my own small organization a while back with a bunch of guys and gals that I love. Just weekend warriors with normal jobs. There are some great fishermen in the club, who always catch limits and seem to find them. And there are some guys, like me, don't. So even in a small East Texas sample there are guys who are better than others. It's insane to think the Elites aren't better than the average joe.

This is kin to those people who think they could drive in NASCAR if they had the backing. 99% of those would be only a hazard to the other drivers.

Last edited by CoachCBA; 07/21/13 10:42 PM.

โ€œThe more you know about Donald Trump, the less likely you are to vote for him. The more you know about his business enterprises, the less successful he looks. The more you know about his political giving, the less Republican he looks.โ€ - Lindsey Graham, 2016
Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: Jeremy S.] #9151260 07/21/13 10:44 PM
J
Jeezy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: slodsm
Let's see, I've got a truck, a boat, a BPS store in my lockers, great electronics, plenty of gas, good income, almost no bills, and I spend a LOT of time on the water.

Sometimes I even put my pants on both legs at a time just to be special.

Last year, I think I won a grand total of 600 bucks lmao. There is a HUGE difference in the pro's, the local good sticks, and every body else. Just the facts. If you're that good, jackpot a bunch of working man's tournaments and bank the cash, move up to the BWS, then to the opens.

Otherwise, just deal with the fact fishing is fun and I can drive fast in my shiny boat and have a blast destroying schooling dinks because I DON'T have the skills of the pro's. That's life. I doubt they could keep a drilling rig running or get a broken helicopter in the air like I can. Find something you're good at, do it, make money, fish, smile.

That's a great great post. So many good points. Well said.

โ€œThe more you know about Donald Trump, the less likely you are to vote for him. The more you know about his business enterprises, the less successful he looks. The more you know about his political giving, the less Republican he looks.โ€ - Lindsey Graham, 2016
Re: fishing as a pro for a tournament [Re: Jeezy] #9151269 07/21/13 10:46 PM
H
hcriverrat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Originally Posted By: CoachCBA
I started my own small organization a while back with a bunch of guys and gals that I love. Just weekend warriors with normal jobs. There are some great fishermen in the club, who always catch limits and seem to find them. And there are some guys, like me, don't. So even in a small East Texas sample there are guys who are better than others. It's insane to think the Elites aren't better than the average joe.

This is kin to those people who think they could drive in NASCAR if they had the backing. 99% of those would be only a hazard to the other drivers.
exactly sir, people that say its just 1 left turn kill me. Most people couldn't even start those cars, and if they could they wouldn't be able to handle the power

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide