Print Thread
Humminbird help?? #9069032 06/25/13 08:59 PM
R
Ray McGee Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
R
I have a 898si and has worked perfect since new, however had the new software flashed in to it at the big bass splash this April and since then I have no gps screens and won't show up in the menu screen and now when I boot it up it's almost it wants to put me in demo mode or something ??? Any answers for these types of faults and issues? Or can I do like a hard reset and just go back to the older software when it work flawless??? Any help would be great

www.HOOKSPIT.COM
www.BASSKANDI.COM
www.getvicious.com
www.SANTONELURES.COM
MIKES MARINE PASADENA TEXAS
TEXAS HOOKERS LEAGUE CITY TEXAS
Re: Humminbird help?? [Re: Ray McGee] #9069530 06/25/13 11:50 PM
W
Wayne P. Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
W
Was the Defaut setting done after the software update?

No there is no hard reset.

Yes you can go back to the former software version.

Is your power supply adequate now? Battery fully charged and all connections clean and tight.

Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3N and G4N, 1198c SI, SOLIX 10 SI G3,
Helix 8 MEGA SI+ GPS G4N, SOLIX 12 SI and G3, MEGA 360, MEGA LIVE TL, RC-1
Re: Humminbird help?? [Re: Ray McGee] #9070342 06/26/13 03:22 AM
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Try "re" loading the newest version software perhaps...

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: Humminbird help?? [Re: Ray McGee] #9070427 06/26/13 03:47 AM
D
Doug Vahrenberg Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Check GPS Connection and if you can test on another receiver will determine if GPS Receiver is the culprit. Might be GPS Receiver gone bad.

Sponsored by: Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Dobyns Rods, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, Omega Custom Tackle, Browning Eyewear, Elite Tungsten Co., Angler Innovations, Massey Ferguson.

Re: Humminbird help?? [Re: Ray McGee] #9070433 06/26/13 03:50 AM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
make sure the connector that goes to the GPS puck isn't disconnected.
also, if there was a power failure or unit was tunred off accidently while loading new version, u will have to send it to hummingbird.

when u say you had the unit " flashed" ,what do you mean.
who put the software update onto your unit? what version was it?
what version does your unit say it currently has on it now?

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: Humminbird help?? [Re: Ray McGee] #9074838 06/27/13 01:23 PM
H
HBirdDeborahCrC Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Originally Posted By: raymc
I have a 898si and has worked perfect since new, however had the new software flashed in to it at the big bass splash this April and since then I have no gps screens and won't show up in the menu screen and now when I boot it up it's almost it wants to put me in demo mode or something ??? Any answers for these types of faults and issues? Or can I do like a hard reset and just go back to the older software when it work flawless??? Any help would be great

Please verify that your unit shows that the gps is attached. If the unit does not recognize there being a gps receiver attached to it, you will not get any gps views or menus.

You can power on the unit, press menu at the start up screen, then you would get an option for system status; select that view and you would then get your unit name/ serial number/ software version, then press view to go to the next screen this would be the accessory test screen and it would show you what accessories the unit shows as being connected.

If the unit is not recognizing the gps, be sure that if it was disconnected that is was reattached to the back of the unit in the correct location. If you are facing(while looking) at the back of the unit the gps should be plugged into the back of the unit on the right side of the unit near your transducer. If it is on the left side it is plugged into the incorrect location and it would not be recognized.

If the gps receiver is attached in the correct location and the unit(898) still does not recognize the gps on the unit then prior to sending in the unit with the gps receiver if you know someone who has a similar unit you may wish to try their unit on your gps receiver to see if their unit would work with your gps receiver.

If their unit works on your receiver then the problem would lie with in the your 898. If their unit does not work on the receiver then the problem would be within the gps receiver.

If you do not know anyone with the same type or similar unit then we would recommend that both the 898 and the gps receiver be sent in for service. You may wish to contact customer service at 1 800 633 1468 for additional details on the service.

Thank you,
Deborah @ Humminbird

~~Deborah~~
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide