Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Lake Fork Map [Re: Doug Vahrenberg] #7848746 08/07/12 12:01 AM
M
Mike Dixon Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Originally Posted By: Doug Vahrenberg
Livingston does have contours but those images are posted at the same zoom level you did and was done so consumers can compare the same level of data. Livingston is not HD yet but does have contour lines.

LakeMaster when a lake is HD is done to the best data that day...guess when you do it right the first time and capture the details as was suppose to be done you don't need to update as often. And LakeMaster when doing HD Scanning is using only their approved scan teams. There can tons of variables that can add inaccuracies using the general public...like how deep is the transducer in the water, are they getting good GPS REception, where the GPS Receiver is from the transducer and lake level the day they scanned. How are these variables over come? None of that was taken in account when I send recordings in..it was go get them. Then they didn't even use them. Guess I'll leave my mapping to the expert charter that LakeMaster uses. Also sounds like these updates are forever? Isn't it just one year on the updates then you have to pay again to extend? Why wasn't the data collected the first time?

Funny you don't want to help others compare Apple to Apples so they can make the best decision for themselves. Heck you pick the spots of HD Lakes booth brands have and I'm up for showing what LakeMaster has to offer from the current version 2 of Texas/Oklahoma Lakes. But lets look all over the lakes from the back of the creeks to main lake structure. Consumers deserve to see what they are getting. I'm just trying to give example of what they get with LakeMaster. Shouldn't they get the opportunity to see the same from Navionics. Both are great companies but there are differences in product. Let show them what their hard earned dollars are going towards and let them make the decision based on their needs and detail level.

Lots of assertions and questions in there, Doug, and I admit I lost track of what you might be asking me.
I apologize...I had posted a 2nd set of shots from Livingston to actually show some seblence of detail...and hadn't seen any similar shots from Lakemaster.
That's why I asked.

I'm more than happy to assist you or anyone on this board in any way I can.
Again...I lost track of your subsequent flurry of screen shots. Perhaps if you place them in seperate threads it would be easier to post Navionics shots for comparison??
Just an idea. More than happy to work with you to help customers get a look at what is available.

PS - As to the updates, yes, the unlimited updates are free for one year, then renewals are available after that. I'm still unclear as to how Lakemaster customers get the newer data that your expert charter is amassing each day/week/month.

Re: Lake Fork Map [Re: Kansas Basser] #7849635 08/07/12 02:37 AM
D
Doug Vahrenberg Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
LakeMaster updates to new versions when they release new lakes and detail levels. Most owners sell their old maps and purchase new maps if they need the additional data that the new charts have. Normally once LakeMaster get done with scanning a lake in HD it's complete. Sometimes some minor tweaks from year to year but before they put their HD Signature on a lake it's the highest level you can get and I have yet to see a need to change the data once it gets published for HD Lakes.

I will start a new thread with comparisons. Make sure we keep apples to apples with the same range and waypoints. I'll start with the Lake Fork Images so you can post the same ones. Then we will do one HD Lake at a time. We can take turns picking out areas of the lake and if anyone wants an area compared then we will produce their requests.

And lets not forget any other mapping suppliers that are out there. Lets put them all on the table so everyone can see the mapping products so they can choose what's best for them. It's up and ready to go.

Here's Link to Comparison Page: http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...eMa#Post7849655

Last edited by Doug Vahrenberg; 08/09/12 02:01 AM.

Sponsored by: Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Dobyns Rods, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, Omega Custom Tackle, Browning Eyewear, Elite Tungsten Co., Angler Innovations, Massey Ferguson.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide