Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: buda13] #7545769 05/18/12 08:19 PM
T
TheCraftsman Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Originally Posted By: buda13
I had a partner that was at his best on less than 3 hours sleep and hungover nasty smelling like a brewery.. occasionally he'd still have lipstick from some chick he hooked up with at East Fork the night before. He always called them hotties, but nobody ever actually saw what he went home with. eeks I'd wake up in the room, no partner in site, his bed still made. About 4-5am while I was out front loading gear back in the boat from the room he'd pull up, open a beer, and start preping his stuff for the tournament. rolfmao

Ha...I know a few of those guys.

www.phkellner.com
www.fishtattoo.com
Jackson Kayak | Bending Branches | P. H. Kellner - Quality Custom Fishing
www.facebook.com/pages/Pat-Kellner/305551956122332
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: TheCraftsman] #7545872 05/18/12 08:53 PM
P
pinenut Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Originally Posted By: TheCraftsman
Originally Posted By: ssj3goten
Originally Posted By: TheCraftsman
Originally Posted By: tamale
Sure am glad that when I went bass fishing with my friend the first time, years and years ago, that he didnt think like some of you when I showed up with my 1 rod and tackle box.

Now, I've got more rods than I have a place for, won tourney's with fields over 100+ teams, and on my 4th bass boat.

Awesome. I am always glad to hear the stories of "new" anglers coming into the sport.

I know it is anoying to head out on the water with someone who has now clue. But sometimes you need to take that day to teach rather than trying to catch fish yourself. I often find more pleasure in putting someone who doesn't know how to fish, whether they think they do or not, on the fish than catching fish myself. Use it as an opportunity, don't let it drag your day down!

The key is the person stating they are new to fishing and wanting to learn vs a person who says they know how to fish and can't. I would go into each with a different mindset on where to fish, what to bring, how to to fish.

Your right, but I prepare the same way every time no matter what. And whenever i am fishing with someone new, no matter what they tell me, I don't go in with expectations of serious hard-core fishing. I expect to spend the day catering to them. Heck if i bring someone along with me, I plan on catering to them no matter what, because they are my guest. I never expect them to pay for gas or anything, I would have spent the same amount in gas whether or not they went. If they offer, I refuse to accept the money, but if they insist then I take it and thank them no matter what they paid.

Winner!

Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Jordan Massey] #7545895 05/18/12 08:58 PM
F
fitter2259 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
As we all know, good fishing partners are hard to find. For me its like playing poker or drinking whiskey, you just have to be selective on who you choose to do it with. I view any time on the water as valuable so having to drag around a dead stick all day long is not on my top ten list of things to do. I have several partners that I have been fishing with for years and one that I have been fishing with for over 30. We razz each other over everything possible but in the end I wouldnt trade em for the world.

Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Jordan Massey] #7546010 05/18/12 09:40 PM
I
Iron Man Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
Ive got two rods and one tackle box, anyone wanna take me??? Jk

Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Claysefus] #7546037 05/18/12 09:48 PM
I
Iron Man Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
Gold. Pure gold.
Originally Posted By: Claysefus
Originally Posted By: Willie Lump Lump
I cant believe Claysefus isnt telling everyone how I showed up late to the Poormans tournament on Gilmer last year. I brought him a HAPPY Meal from McDs and told him nobody could be mad while eating one LOL!

That description does no kind of justice. I'm standing there before I even put the boat in and all these other tournament guys are making jokes and grab a$$ing around; having a BIG time. I was standing there thinking, "it's ok, m fishin buddy will be here momentarily and we can giggle and have fun too". So there I was, staring down the road like a child of divorce waiting on his dad....... Eventually it was my turn at the launch. Of course I was he wierd-o with no partner holding up traffic. I could see their thoughts all over their face. (he must be gay. He must have no friends. Loser).
So I finally get launched and start the day doing pretty good until I was overpowered by a good 7 that would have put us in contention if I had a net man. When the phone rang, it was the pinnacle of the morning bite and I was instructed to make my way back to the ramp to pick up Willie Dump Dump. He DID have a happy meal and it DID help until I finished it at which point it was back to being mad. I spent the rest of the day dealing with a hung over a$$ that threatened to throw me in the water if I didn't fish a certain tree. My trolling skills, my lure selection, boat position and just about every other tactic were critiqued. All at the top of his voice.
We are still fishing partners. Because I am a good man.

Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Claysefus] #7546166 05/18/12 10:26 PM
A
Alex K. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
A
Originally Posted By: Claysefus
Originally Posted By: Willie Lump Lump
I cant believe Claysefus isnt telling everyone how I showed up late to the Poormans tournament on Gilmer last year. I brought him a HAPPY Meal from McDs and told him nobody could be mad while eating one LOL!

That description does no kind of justice. I'm standing there before I even put the boat in and all these other tournament guys are making jokes and grab a$$ing around; having a BIG time. I was standing there thinking, "it's ok, m fishin buddy will be here momentarily and we can giggle and have fun too". So there I was, staring down the road like a child of divorce waiting on his dad....... Eventually it was my turn at the launch. Of course I was he wierd-o with no partner holding up traffic. I could see their thoughts all over their face. (he must be gay. He must have no friends. Loser).
So I finally get launched and start the day doing pretty good until I was overpowered by a good 7 that would have put us in contention if I had a net man. When the phone rang, it was the pinnacle of the morning bite and I was instructed to make my way back to the ramp to pick up Willie Dump Dump. He DID have a happy meal and it DID help until I finished it at which point it was back to being mad. I spent the rest of the day dealing with a hung over a$$ that threatened to throw me in the water if I didn't fish a certain tree. My trolling skills, my lure selection, boat position and just about every other tactic were critiqued. All at the top of his voice.
We are still fishing partners. Because I am a good man.

hahaha

Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Jordan Massey] #7546450 05/19/12 12:22 AM
S
SlowDown Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
When I moved to where I now live, I fished with several guys, taking them in my boat. Some were real duds. They never got a second invitation. I then invited a guy and we hit it off, so I started inviting him every time I went and he always accepted. After a few years, he bought a boat and we fished in it for a number of years. We've now been fishing together for about 25 years.

Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Jordan Massey] #7546590 05/19/12 01:35 AM
its a fluke Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: jordan319
I guess I just need to vent! One of my buddies knows that I am a avid fisherman and he is always talking about how many fish he can catch. So I invited him to go fishing with me yesterday. We leave the house at 5am and at that time he proceeds to tell me that he only got 3 hours of sleep the night before, didn't think much of it at the time. So when we get to the lake, he brings one rod and a tackle box with about 10 lures in it, so at this point I'm starting to laugh. The entire time we are out there he is either talking to his girlfriend on his iPhone or playing games on his iPhone. We fished up until lunch and he is still throwing the same lure as he started with and hasn't caught a da*n thing. We went back to the ramp to get a bite to eat, and he won't stop complaining about how tired he is. So at this point he asks if he can sleep in the truck until I'm ready to leave!! I thought he was kidding at first! So I go on and do my thing and I head back in at about 6pm or so and he's still asleep. He wakes up when I go get the truck to put the boat on the trailer and doesn't help me one bit! Last time I offer to take his lazy a$$ fishing again. Is it just me or am I making a big deal out of nothing?

I bet the jackace didnt offer any money for gas either. You should have charged him 50 bucks lodging fee to sleep in your truck!

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: pinesaddict] #7547192 05/19/12 04:05 AM
J
Jordan Massey Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
J
Originally Posted By: pinesaddict
My partner is late, spills worm dye on my carpet, gets sleepy, hits the cowling with worm weights and the list goes on. But I wouldn't trade him. LOL

Atleast your partner doesn't try to put worm dye on a spinnerbait skirt! LOL

Personal Best Bass: 7.5Lbs
Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Jordan Massey] #7547312 05/19/12 05:26 AM
F
FZ1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
A least he didn't show up with a Hills Brothers coffee can of worms.

Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Jordan Massey] #7547835 05/19/12 02:56 PM
I
IdRaTherBeCasting Offline
Angler
Angler
I
when I was a kid used to take a kid who would never bring any money for anything... we were going on a trip and my dad said he can't go unless he paid his way.. he said he would and showed up with a box of donuts... he ate all but one and it was half eaten... my dad never took him again

Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: its a fluke] #7548200 05/19/12 05:42 PM
J
Jordan Massey Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
J
Originally Posted By: its a fluke
Originally Posted By: jordan319
I guess I just need to vent! One of my buddies knows that I am a avid fisherman and he is always talking about how many fish he can catch. So I invited him to go fishing with me yesterday. We leave the house at 5am and at that time he proceeds to tell me that he only got 3 hours of sleep the night before, didn't think much of it at the time. So when we get to the lake, he brings one rod and a tackle box with about 10 lures in it, so at this point I'm starting to laugh. The entire time we are out there he is either talking to his girlfriend on his iPhone or playing games on his iPhone. We fished up until lunch and he is still throwing the same lure as he started with and hasn't caught a da*n thing. We went back to the ramp to get a bite to eat, and he won't stop complaining about how tired he is. So at this point he asks if he can sleep in the truck until I'm ready to leave!! I thought he was kidding at first! So I go on and do my thing and I head back in at about 6pm or so and he's still asleep. He wakes up when I go get the truck to put the boat on the trailer and doesn't help me one bit! Last time I offer to take his lazy a$$ fishing again. Is it just me or am I making a big deal out of nothing?

I bet the jackace didnt offer any money for gas either. You should have charged him 50 bucks lodging fee to sleep in your truck!

Hell no he didn't. Lets see.... I drove of course, provided stuff for lunch, drinks, provided the boat, and whatever else. We stopped for dinner and the jackwagon didn't offer to pay for my dinner or offered any money at all..... Never again.....

Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Jordan Massey] #7548253 05/19/12 06:11 PM
Champion1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Im usually pretty picky about tournament partners. Had a guy at work talk me into fishing Media Fork a few years back. I asked every question I could think of. Can he fish in winter and summer when its 104 degrees? Can he fish championship etc... It will cost this much on and on. Well we get a check the first couple and then we dont get one in the third one and he quits on me. Said if we dont get checks then he aint going, plus its almost summer and its too hot to fish, everybody knows that! Well I finish the year and go to the championship, I lose a 7 and a 5 at the boat. I am still in 5th after the first day, wind getting 11th. If I had a partner would have won for sure.

www.TuffSkinz.net
www.basscat.com
�It�s all in your head. It doesn�t matter if your 6 or 60. You can participate in this sport."-Rick Clunn
Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: IdRaTherBeCasting] #7548266 05/19/12 06:17 PM
J
Jordan Massey Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
J
Originally Posted By: IdRaTherBeCasting
when I was a kid used to take a kid who would never bring any money for anything... we were going on a trip and my dad said he can't go unless he paid his way.. he said he would and showed up with a box of donuts... he ate all but one and it was half eaten... my dad never took him again

Yeah I could see my guy being like that... oh wait he is!

Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Jordan Massey] #7549177 05/20/12 01:08 AM
H
Hog Jaw Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
H
Pretty Dang funny guys !

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread