Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Jordan Massey] #7545150 05/18/12 05:31 PM
Champion1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Had a guy I worked with one time just bug the [censored] out of me to take him to Fork. I live in Mansfield. So I was really on the fish in the spawn one year and asked him to go on a Saturday. I pick him up at like 5 for the 2 hour drive there. It was gonna be a one day deal, fish, drive home. I tell him how the fish are biting better in the afternoon so it will be a little slow early but pick up later. He freaks out. Tells me he told his wife he would be home by noon and we will have to leave by 10am too make it back. I aint driving 4 hours to fish for 3. I turn around and took him home and went by myself and whacked them. GEEZ!

www.TuffSkinz.net
www.basscat.com
�It�s all in your head. It doesn�t matter if your 6 or 60. You can participate in this sport."-Rick Clunn
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Jordan Massey] #7545166 05/18/12 05:35 PM
J
jtbgator Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Epic thread. Such great stories.

I don't have one story in particular that sticks out, but my partner and I were bass fishing a local pond a few weeks ago. I was using my normal Lake Fork 7" worm TX rigged. He was using a 4' grub w/ 3/16 jig head on a drop shot with a BOBBER.

What a horrible set up. Water was only 5' deep.

Results of that day:
Me: 10 bass (1-3 lb range)
Him: 1 bass (1 lb)

Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Champion1] #7545201 05/18/12 05:43 PM
S
soonersorlaters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted By: Champion1
Had a guy I worked with one time just bug the [censored] out of me to take him to Fork. I live in Mansfield. So I was really on the fish in the spawn one year and asked him to go on a Saturday. I pick him up at like 5 for the 2 hour drive there. It was gonna be a one day deal, fish, drive home. I tell him how the fish are biting better in the afternoon so it will be a little slow early but pick up later. He freaks out. Tells me he told his wife he would be home by noon and we will have to leave by 10am too make it back. I aint driving 4 hours to fish for 3. I turn around and took him home and went by myself and whacked them. GEEZ!

LOL- Love those guys.

Fellow Mansfield-ite.

Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Jordan Massey] #7545210 05/18/12 05:44 PM
T
tincan86 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I have a buddy that I have taken about six times on those six time out something has broken on my boat or trailer, not his fault just happens to break when he is with me. it sucks but sometimes his company is worth fixing stuff

Hope for the best,but prepare for the worst
Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Jordan Massey] #7545274 05/18/12 05:55 PM
J
JACKTHE Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
You know, fishing by yourself is excellent. A lot of people have heard a lot about bass fishing, but know nothing about it. They think they should catch a fish on every cast. I mostly fish for big fish. A lot of days I may only get one bite. I wouldn't expect anyone to sit through a day of that. I always warn people who want to go about that. Usually, they don't really want to go.

Jack Theroff
Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Jordan Massey] #7545276 05/18/12 05:56 PM
R
Randy Harrell Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I have been on both sides of the fence. I usually like to fish alone. I like to be able to concentrate on what I am doing and not what everyone else is doing. I am the guy though, that will bring one rod (two max) with a few baits in a Walmart sack. I just don't like to bring a lot of clutter on someone elses boat.

When I was in highschool, I fished a working man tourney with a guy in our club. We was good stick and had a nice boat. I had an old 1975 Kingfisher that was falling apart. When I go to the ramp, I paid both of our entry fees and reached into the back of my truck and pulled out my 2 rods and 1 plano flat box. One of my rods was broke at the tip and together, all rods and tackle added up would have cost less than $150.00. He laughed and said is that all your bringing. I shrugged and said "that's all I got." He just laughed again. That night I caught 4 good keepers and lost 2 more. After my 1st 2 keepers, he insisted that I change my 25 lb Big Game to 15 lb P-line. He said it was stronger and thinner and I would get more bites. The next 2 fish I set the hook on broke off on the hookset. We saw one of them, it was a 4 lb. fish that jumped 3 times trying to shake my jig out of his mouth. I then had to sit down again to take all that line off and respool with my Big Game again. We ended up getting 2nd and only lost by a half pound. He did not catch a fish all night, but at weigh in, he was telling everybody how WE were on a good jig bite. I was pissed to say the least.

Set the hook first, ask questions later!!!
Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Okie Poke] #7545329 05/18/12 06:06 PM
Stan Browning Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
After I seen him with one rod that morning, at that time I would have offered to give him a ride......HOME!!

Fishin by yourself ain't all that bad....I like it. I'm particular on who I go out with, though. I go out for a good time, not to accommodate a whine-bag.

And to think you used to fish with The Almighty RedRanger......
lol

Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Jordan Massey] #7545431 05/18/12 06:34 PM
C
ccbluewater Offline
Angler
Angler
C
One of the more memorable ones that sticks out to me happnened several years ago. Now this isnt a Bass fishing story, but a story none the less. Hot summer day, trip was planned to be a long day trip spent about 85 miles out of Galveston picking up Grouper, Amberjack, etc.. Well one crew member, always brings like 2 cases of Miller Lite... ALWAYS. By about 10:30, just now getting to our first stop, he has put down probably 12 beers, and by noon probably close to 20... Dude was pounding them, but somehow, wasnt really too bad. Well the smack talking, jibberish, and pee breaks, was almost non stop for the rest of the day, and he literealy didnt touch a rod the entire time. Well, end of the day, he can barely stand, he jumps up and decides he wants to catch an AJ, well he grabs a Tiagra 50W and drops it down, and can barely even hold on to the rod, well big AJ grabs the rod, and I just happened to clip the safety line to the reel, as this happened and the rod basically falls out of his hands.Get the rod back in his hands, he has to lay the rod on the Gunnel to even attempt to reel, and ends up puking on the reel mid fight. Sprayed it down as best I could, and made him get off the rod for someone else to finish the job... Passed out on the ride in, and we couldnt get him out of the beanbag when we got back to GYB.. He got to ride from GYB over the causeway bridge to Tiki Island in the back of a 36' Contender. That was the last time he went, as we all agreed that was the last straw.. This wasnt the first time either... He was always good for $$, and would usually help if he wasnt just trashed.

go big or go home.

Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Jordan Massey] #7545521 05/18/12 07:02 PM
S
Static Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
I usually tell them not to bring anything, I have everything on the boat they need...BUT, I told a friend he could come to Twok with me for sandies and hybrid. He lived in Forney so I told him to meet me there at 6am. He did, but without ever asking or forwarning, he brought his wife. OK, no problem right, I got the room and the gear. While we were putting the boat in the water and his wife stepped into the bath room, he started telling me how they argued most of the night because he didn't invite her. She didn't even want to come, but was mad because she wasn't invited. OK, no problem right, been there before with my wife. We get in the boat (all three of us) and before I get out in open water, she started arguing with him because they didn't bring enough to drink. OK, no problem, I got three six packs of DP on ice, I just won't drink as many as usual. Before we get the poles out, they are arguing again because she is already getting hot (in the morning sun). OK, no problem, I throw up the canopy. Then, before we are where we are going, they are arguing again because she doesn't want to fish, she rather boat ride around the lake and look at the houses. OK, BIG PROBLEM. Being captain, I said that's not in our direction.
That problem sunk the boat. They argued about two hours straight, nothing kind to say and nothing of peace anywhere to be found. I felt like swimming back to the dock. Instead, I said I forgot to put gas in the boat and we have to go back. They argued all the way back, by then, I tuned them out and tried not to hear what they argued about. I'll not make that mistake again, I put a heck of stereo in my boat with six speakers. If I find myself in that position again, I'll drown out the noise as I take them back to the dock.

Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Jordan Massey] #7545532 05/18/12 07:08 PM
K
ko bass attack 27 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
I've had a few good one's as I'm sure most of us have. I now tell them that in order to fish on my boat that you must have a valid fishing lic. and it's amazing how many that won't want to spend the money to get one. If they do agree to the License when I tell them that I will pick them up at 5 a.m. or better yet tell them to meet me at the boat ramp at 5:30 it weeds out alot of them. I must say though that it does make for some funny stories later even though they weren't to funny at the time.

Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Jordan Massey] #7545575 05/18/12 07:25 PM
W
Willie Lump Lump Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
I cant believe Claysefus isnt telling everyone how I showed up late to the Poormans tournament on Gilmer last year. I brought him a HAPPY Meal from McDs and told him nobody could be mad while eating one LOL!

Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Jordan Massey] #7545636 05/18/12 07:40 PM
A
ACAMS Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
A
You guys with bad experiences should take me fishing!

+=

><\\\(º>___><\\\(º> http://myfolderz.com/Jigs/Jigs.php_<º)///><___<º)///><

Free image uploader for TFF members: http://myfolderz.com/TFF/pics.php
Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: ezbassin] #7545682 05/18/12 07:53 PM
T
Trickster Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
T
Originally Posted By: ezbassin
Yea, my brother in law kept bugging me about taking him fishing so I finally said ok. He shows up 45 minutes late, had cologne on like he was going on a date and a sack with apples oranges and bananas. When he got there he said "sorry im late but I stopped off at the store to get this fruit, and do you want anything?"

I said no, I don't want a fruit salad, I want to go fish and now since you are 45 minutes late, we will miss the morning top water bite. He never went with me again after that.

Had another guy that kept telling me what a hot shot he was on Ray Roberts and he could show me some stuff. I picked him up and we are on the way when he says he needs to stop at Cabelas. It was on the way so I say ok. Well that was over an hour wasted because he could have gone there before the day of the trip since he lives close to there. We get to the lake and he knows 2 spots.Can you believe that "2" spots. He is constantly on the phone. One of the two spots he tells me is a good cove because it is usually out of the wind and a good place to take a nap. "TAKE A NAP???" Are you kidding me?
I came to fish, not sleep in the boat. We never went again.

A bag of fruit! rolfmao

Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Willie Lump Lump] #7545695 05/18/12 07:57 PM
Claysefus Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Willie Lump Lump
I cant believe Claysefus isnt telling everyone how I showed up late to the Poormans tournament on Gilmer last year. I brought him a HAPPY Meal from McDs and told him nobody could be mad while eating one LOL!

That description does no kind of justice. I'm standing there before I even put the boat in and all these other tournament guys are making jokes and grab a$$ing around; having a BIG time. I was standing there thinking, "it's ok, m fishin buddy will be here momentarily and we can giggle and have fun too". So there I was, staring down the road like a child of divorce waiting on his dad....... Eventually it was my turn at the launch. Of course I was he wierd-o with no partner holding up traffic. I could see their thoughts all over their face. (he must be gay. He must have no friends. Loser).
So I finally get launched and start the day doing pretty good until I was overpowered by a good 7 that would have put us in contention if I had a net man. When the phone rang, it was the pinnacle of the morning bite and I was instructed to make my way back to the ramp to pick up Willie Dump Dump. He DID have a happy meal and it DID help until I finished it at which point it was back to being mad. I spent the rest of the day dealing with a hung over a$$ that threatened to throw me in the water if I didn't fish a certain tree. My trolling skills, my lure selection, boat position and just about every other tactic were critiqued. All at the top of his voice.
We are still fishing partners. Because I am a good man.

Re: Horrible Fishing Partner [Re: Jordan Massey] #7545748 05/18/12 08:14 PM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I had a partner that was at his best on less than 3 hours sleep and hungover nasty smelling like a brewery.. occasionally he'd still have lipstick from some chick he hooked up with at East Fork the night before. He always called them hotties, but nobody ever actually saw what he went home with. eeks I'd wake up in the room, no partner in site, his bed still made. About 4-5am while I was out front loading gear back in the boat from the room he'd pull up, open a beer, and start preping his stuff for the tournament. rolfmao

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide