Forums59
Topics1,046,422
Posts14,089,370
Members144,365
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8633475 02/25/13 07:00 PM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T
Report: He said it above.

NOTE: I will not be taking trips in the month of March In Beavers Bend State Park. Due to the amount of people that will be occupying the park, during spring break, is not fair to my clients to guide them in the metro mess of people. I will resume my guide service up in Broken Bow at the Lower Mountain Fork River in the month of April. Sorry if this is an inconvenience to you.

Otherwise, If you want to get your Flyfishing fix, and don't want to deal with all the people, I am guiding Sandbass/Hybrid Striper on the fly rod and conventional gear in surrounding creeks in the DFW area, for the annual spawn.

[IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u201/tarponfly/Mobile%20Uploads/Banner1.png[/)

Contact Number 469-528-0210 ( texting me is the easiest way to get a direct answer)

Email- WhiteBassFishingTexas@gmail.com

Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/texasoklahomafishingguide?mibextid=LQQJ4d
Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8633481 02/25/13 07:01 PM
G
GoldSpoonr Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
Accountant?

If you feel like a riot
Then dont you deny it
Put your good foot forward
Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8792223 04/05/13 01:02 PM
G
Golfer Jeff Offline
Angler
Angler
G
Yes, accountant. Damn taxes keeping me away from the water......

Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8883000 04/30/13 09:31 PM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T
From Utah to Broken Bow, the trout love to play with my flies.

( A new friend I met at the creek above. Copper Head Snake. Yes, they are out in force now. Keep your head pointed at the trail and not the landscapes while walking around. Go "around" the rocks at Cold Hole as there is a family of them living in there. Also the pines beside the river at EH has a couple wasp nests in them. As for the snakes. Please do not kill them oout of hate. Thats when people get bit. The venomous snakes keep the rodents in check as well as a few other things. If its in your house or yard, thats another thing. We are entering thier world and they need to be left alone. I see people here in Dallas kill Non-Venomous water snakes, because they are in the water and assume they are automaticlly a cotton mouth/ water moccisan. No need for that BS. )

Once again, its that time of year: Less Trout in the River System. The Summer, always, is harder due to all the people yanking fish out of the river at huge ratios. In the afternoon, you can see all the fish in the river when the sun gets to a good point. So, you can actually count 90% of the fish in front of you or in a pool. I showed some "friends" the ropes yesterday at the river and they both landed about a dozen nice fish and broke and LDR'ed a lot more than usual. Now, due to the small amounts of fish in the system, I am not going to post up the pictures ( they look like trout as usual and nothing over 18 inches, most were 13-16 inches). I dont want everyone converging on the 4-5 spots I figured out where they are stacked up at. But again, there are still enough fish to have fun and they will stock again and again. Like peeps have said in the post, schedule a trip close to when you "think" they are going to stock and plan your trip around that to increase the odds of landing more fish. One thing you really need to understand is, you "cannot stay in one spot to long". Keep on the move after you find out what they want to eat and hop pools every 10-15 mins. If you have ever seen me down there, I am always on the move. I will fish the Evening Hole in less than 1/2 hour - 45 mins, and pull 10 fish out of it easy. -But im not standing in one spot. Its plain retarted to stay in one spot all day long. Just because you see 30 fish in one spot doesnt mean your going to pick them all off. You need to find feeding fish or that one hungry fish willing to eat on a power walk. It only takes me 15-20 mins till I figure out that Magic fly for the day that is going to land the fish and make my trip a good one. Once you see a trout turn its head and look at your fly, " That fish is def catchable!" you just need to figure out why he didnt want to eat the fly on the drif. Drop a size down on the fly, your tippit is to heavy, your tag end on the knot is to long, wrong color, ect.

It was night and day when I got there compared to my Green River Trip. The stockers dont spook at all compared to the wild trout and we are super spoiled at BB. My "friends" were trailing behind me and stopping and saying, " theres a fish right there!" They wanted to catch it. . Ok, well ya, we can catch it, but I want you to target something bigger than a 12-13 inch fish. I wont stop and target a fish unless its 16 inches or over. It's just not worth my time. I will say this though, The trout at BB are a very curious fish and will usually take any fly you throw at them within reason. They have to learn what to eat now. There are not any pellets floating down the river anymore. So they will try any fly at least once till they get in the groove of being a new "Wild -semi- Trout".

The Near Deers worked ok, but not the best this trip. They wanted Brad B's (we will call it the BB Egg for now) -a "secret" Egg pattern that Brad told me not to tell the whole world about. If we targeted a fish with the BB Egg, we would hook it, break it off, or catch it 80% of the time. Other than that, yesterday there really was not much of a hatch going on. Saw a few, under 20, BWO's flying around. Other than that, just mosqitoes and gnats.

Sparkling RS2's trailed behind the BB Eggs was key but not nessesary. The right color and size was the ticket all day. After my " friends" went back to the hotel, I went to the hot spots I located and pulled out 23 on Brads BB egg, and 12 on the Sparkling RS2, and 17 on the new fly pattern I saw at Utah's Fly Shop (Purple and Red Zebra Midge). They were almost swallowing the BradBasset's Egg patern.

Purple & Red Zebra Midge #18

Sparkling RS2 #22 & #24

No more than 8 people I saw at anytime, when I drove by the EH at any given moment Monday. Park was empty. It was greatness. Put a couple names to screen names and it was nice to meet ya'll! Try posting and not being a lurker........

[IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u201/tarponfly/Mobile%20Uploads/Banner1.png[/)

Contact Number 469-528-0210 ( texting me is the easiest way to get a direct answer)

Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8883269 04/30/13 10:56 PM
B
banderapass1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
very nice and good information !
except the snake.. scared

"WALK SOFTLY AND CARRY A BIG FISH"

Texas Tech University,Alumni
Lubbock Christian University,Alumni
Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8884151 05/01/13 02:28 AM
B
Bass fro chop Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
looks just like the copperheaded cobra rattler i ran into at rowlett creek

I don't always catch fish, but when I do, I prefer Dos Hybrids

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff10/horns999/merainbows2.jpg
Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8884890 05/01/13 11:02 AM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T
That pic was from in front of the white pipe near hell hole, but I saw about 10 of them at Broken Bow the other day. I have seen 20-30 at Creek X and Rc combined.

Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8885396 05/01/13 02:11 PM
M
Mahoro_Su Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
I am lucky so far, saw 2 of those at x, and one garden snake at rc, east fork t was the worst place when it comes to snake

One of the very few sushi chef here...
Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8886050 05/01/13 05:14 PM
B
BaffinBay Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

I caught a few too!!!

Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8886129 05/01/13 05:34 PM
B
banderapass1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Brown Trout are beautiful!pretty fish....

"WALK SOFTLY AND CARRY A BIG FISH"

Texas Tech University,Alumni
Lubbock Christian University,Alumni
Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #8886758 05/01/13 08:20 PM
C
Chuck7700 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
beautiful fish

Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #9024066 06/11/13 05:57 PM
G
Golfer Jeff Offline
Angler
Angler
G
Chubby brownies! Looks like those planters last year are getting fat.

Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #9514886 11/26/13 05:35 AM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T

Report:

Fishing has been pretty good. Still a bunch of people there, but the fish are starting to move up the river to spawn. So fish below and above the stocking holes and small pockets with gravel to get your numbers up and keep on the move, or go to Split Cane's spots and use a size 22 midge and you can catch the heck out of 2-3 fish. Fish with Pink Eggs or a Pink Bubble Gum Near Deer ( Sorry Split Cane, I had to rename it and I didn't want to send you royalties.)

Below is what happens when you use a Near Deer:

Sunday we started at the upper end of Spillway Creek and landed 20-25 bows on the secret Pink Egg pattern, Pink (BGND), Purple/Black and Olive Near Deers.

There was a guy fishing the pool above us and was doing just as good as we were. The pool he was in was only 2-3 ft deep and had a small drop to 3 ft at the end of the run. Some guys saw him catching fish and planted themselves around his hole invading his space. So he went to the next pool after he got crowded out. The invaders didn't catch squat. Watched the guy that got invaded start catching on the next pool he went to. Then one of the guys thought all the trout were where we were and headed over to make a cast. I bet he never tries that again after I learned him.

[Linked Image]

Hit the lower end of spillway and caught some toads. The big fish average 18-24 inches right now. They stocked a bunch of little ones this time and they are readily taking dry flies. BWO's and Grey RS2's are best bet. Midges, I'd use black or red ones if I was to target the smaller fish ( big fish eat small flies too, but the Near Deer and Secret Egg pattern are killing them right now. Black stone flies and BWO's are hatching everyday. On one of the Logs that the water rolls over in Spillway Creek, I hooked a 22-23 inch Rainbow. for about 5 mins out of the 15 I was playing it, the fish sat in one spot and never moved, I couldn't turn it or anything, just sat there. Finally she started to move around. She was just about wore out and headed down to the log/waterfall. I was prepared to chase it down to the next pool and it did something I have never had happen to me. Instead of going over the log/waterfall, the freakin fish went under the log/waterfall into the next pool. snapped me off fast on that one. So if you catch a 22 ish plus fish with a Split Cane Near Deer, I mean Bubble Gum Near Deer, you get a bonus fly and a great looking fish!

After the spillway, we hit Evening Hole area. Caught another 20-30 fish with 10 or so over 20 inches. Most were off the Secret Egg pattern, and the rest off Near Deers.

End of the day, I decided I needed a couple fish to put on the new smoker. Tooke a whole 2 casts to get them.

[Linked Image]

Don't walk through the spawning beds. they look like a brighter white patch where they are fanning the beds/redds. Fish with egg patterns below the beds. There always feeding trout near them willing to take a fly.

Disclaimer: ( All fish in the making of this report were hurt )

Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: TarponFly] #9516879 11/27/13 12:54 AM
L
Lovfldx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
With all the great guiding and fishing you are doing up there, I can see why you haven't gotten serious about the crappie yet. But I can tell you they are on the move in the spots where there is water!(banking it).

Hope to see you on the trails soon.

Rudy

Re: Lower Mt Fork River - Broken Bow,OK - Trout Fishing Report With Pics And Video [Re: Lovfldx] #9517074 11/27/13 02:03 AM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T
I'll be back on crappie after this weekend.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide